Necrofear Nightmare ~ Dark Sanctuary

BatMed

[spoiler=Ghost of Dark Sanctuary]
ghost_of_dark_sanctuary_by_batmed-d6yxwj

**Effect:
You Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 1 Fiend-Type monster from your Graveyard. You can only Special Summon 1 “Ghost of Dark Sanctuary” per turn. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Summoned, if you don’t control a Field Spell Card: Return it to the hand. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If you would take damage from battle involving this card; gain that amount of LP instead. During your opponent’s End Phase; target and destroy 1 monster your opponent controls. You can only use this effect of “Ghost of Dark Sanctuary” once per turn. You can only control 1 face-up "Ghost of Dark Sanctuary".

[spoiler=Dark Sanctuary]

dark_sanctuary_by_batmed-d9aiij6.png

**Effect:
When this card is activated: You can send 1 Level 8 Fiend-Type monster from your Deck to your Graveyard, and if you do, add 1 Level 7 or 8 DARK monster that can be Normal Summoned from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of “Dark Sanctuary” once per turn. Once per turn, during either player’s turn: You can target 1 DARK monster you control; until the End Phase, that target cannot be destroyed by battle, also you take no battle damage from battle involving that monster.

Any CnC would be appreciated •3

Level 8 is cool. Field Spell suffers from Dragon Ravine syndrome, in that it's better as a spell to play with some other deck rather than specifically with this one. I'm a little wary about the search / foolish combination, especially given the Type it supports.

Flavor wise: send Necrofear >> get Ghost :P

I must agree that the search/foolish combination looks worrying, it may make some neat/strong combos but I don't think it can create shenanigans because of the hard OPT (I hope ._.)

You can only activate Tenki once per turn. Did that prevent it from being ridiculously good in decks that can (ab)use it?

It's just something to think about. It might unintentionally make other decks strong/broken.

One quite reasonable use of the Field Spell is for it to search Tour Guide, for example. Or Dark Armed Dragon. It could also play a powerful role in Dark World, as old as those guys are.

I think a restriction to level 8 might be helpful to greatly tone down its power while still having it being useful.

Then I must test it, what come to my mind is Archfiends, Darklords and Armageddons, those may beat the s*** out of the field card ><

"When this card is activated: You can send 1 Fiend-Type monster from your Deck to your Graveyard, and if you do, add 1 DARK monster with the same Level as the sent monster."

T9wjDF9.png

Definitely needs a Level cap.

"When this card is activated: You can send 1 Fiend-Type monster from your Deck to your Graveyard, and if you do, add 1 DARK monster with the same Level as the sent monster."

T9wjDF9.png

Definitely needs a Level cap.

Updated!!

Why is ghost of the sanctuary a spirit. I has no spirit things?

It's a "ghost" ._.

It searches Dark Armed Dragon. I really don't recommend that it retain that ability, as one of the reasons Dark Armed Dragon is at 1 and not often run is because it's not searchable. Why not make the search Level 8 only too? Is there another target you have in mind?

It was an error. (The two of us talked about it over Skype earlier) Supposed to be 7 or 8 that can be Normal Summoned. I'll assume Diabolos fam was intended targets, but tbh I would just go with the 8

It searches Dark Armed Dragon. I really don't recommend that it retain that ability, as one of the reasons Dark Armed Dragon is at 1 and not often run is because it's not searchable. Why not make the search Level 8 only too? Is there another target you have in mind?

I just noticed (thanks to Queen x3) that I forgot to add "That can be Normal Summoned" to the searchable targets, to prevent Armed Dragon abuses (gonna fix it ASAP) and actually it was supposed to be a Level 7 only rota, (search chaos hunter, Gorz, 'the Abyss' boss cards...) yet I add Level 8 (flavor wise: Ghost is 8) and cause they are other plenty good (upcoming) LV8 targets 3

So is "Ghost" Ogre and Snow rabbit.

It goes with the theme of Bakura's Ghost I believe. I will have to double check my anime lore but IIRC it came out on the field during the opp turn to randomly possess a monster the opp control and if you attacked with that monster Bakura gained LP and you lose LP equal to the ATK of the possessed monster

It goes with the theme of Bakura's Ghost I believe. I will have to double check my anime lore but IIRC it came out on the field during the opp turn to randomly possess a monster the opp control and if you attacked with that monster Bakura gained LP and you lose LP equal to the ATK of the possessed monster

I think the point BtanH was trying to make, though, was that the "Spirit" typing seemed a bit off - since Spirit monsters generally cannot be Special Summoned and instead must be Normal Summoned or Set.

Also, with the edit you might want to edit the monster itself too so it remains a valid search target :)

Also, with the edit you might want to edit the monster itself too so it remains a valid search target :)

Done ^^

the "Spirit" typing seemed a bit off - since Spirit monsters generally cannot be Special Summoned and instead must be Normal Summoned or Set.

Yamato-no-Kami x3

Archived