Swarm Summoner + Nest Queen

Lunar Origins

Alright, you got some neat ideas here, but first: I don't know if you're aware, but the latest versions of the TCG Editor program do let you resize the card images as they render; 51% is the option I always pick and it's a nice size. It just eliminates a step with resizing it on imgur, and the large card images can be a little difficult to look at sometimes.

Now, it's cool to see some generic insect support since those guys don't get much attention on DP (right now it seems that fiends and zombies are "in"). Looking through a bunch of cards that the Summoner can bring out; the only monster that brings into question is good ol' Myrm; but seeing as how she's hit in DP I don't think that's going to be a massive issue. This card bring some pretty creative uses to Hundred-Footed Horror, and actually opens a lot of doors for a generic-centered insect deck, which makes it quite interesting. OCG-wise it could use a little dusting, but the wording is pretty dang close, so you've done a lot better since your last submitted cards.

Now with Nest Queen; a scale of 0 is not a scale that should be left without any kind of summoning restriction. Seeing as how the intended flavor is with insects, I think a "You can only Pendulum Summon Insect-Type monsters. This effect cannot be negated." clause would really do the trick. Next, the pendulum effect should be nerfed a little. I understand that it's level 4 or lower; but there are quite a few strong level 4 Insects that become instant, easy beatsticks with this card that go above and beyond a lot of DP stuff. To balance this, I would make this an effect you can activate for some kind of cost during your turn, with a downside to its activation.

As for the monster effects, everything looks fine. The "If this card is face-up in the Extra Deck..." clause is not necessary. Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon has a clause like that because Pendulum Summoning depends on a monster's level, and Xyz monsters have ranks. Seeing as how this card is a pendulum, it can be safely assumed it will follow all of the established Pendulum monster mechanics.

If you need any help with the final OCG, I'd be happy to assist. Other than that, these look like some fairly solid cards! Just a bit of balance tweaking on Nest Queen is needed, and that's all.

Archived