Ask Black Anything

Blake

still mad @me?

deciding when i want to see your posts is much less stressful 

1. Preferred genre of storytelling?

2. What form of grammar and structure do you use when you write?

3. Do you personally involve yourself in your characters or write more in the style of "Omnipresent Onlooker"?

1. I tend to prefer fantasy in some form or fashion. Never been much for sci-fi. A good psychological thriller is nice.

2. I'm not quite sure what's being asked here. Elaborate?

3. Third person is definitely what I prefer. 2nd person feels strange, and first person feels all sorts of wrong and limits what you can do with the story, in my eyes.

Sorry, I meant writing style.

Aah.

Well, I like to make referential work, for one thing. I feel that, given the fact that originality is pretty much dead, Fiction should focus more on celebrating what we do have. Be it real life, other fiction, or ideals, little nods are nice. If someone gets it that's great, if you alone get it you still made a nod you feel good about.

As said, I greatly prefer Third Person to First or Second, as I feel like a writer is beign a de-facto god of a universe. They're creating a world and leading it as it goes, writing the store from the outside in. It feels strange and limiting to try and restrict POVs.

I agree with Mark Twain's assessment that you should care for your characters, as it enables you to both write them better and to see them grow and evolve, even beyond what you planned. They're your creation, you should treat them with care, even those you may not want to succeed.

Not sure what else to say.

When life's got you down, what cheers you up?

not a lot

i try my damndest to distract myself with music/games/ygo, but that rarely works

only thing that really cheers me up is time with someone i care about, and i tend to hide a lot when i feel down because i don't want to ruin anyone's day

Archived