Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

"You don't know about Cresselia?" Mac whispered to Kazo. "She's the Lunar Guardian. Her and Darkrai control dreams and nightmares. Which means...."

"Mac, on this whole journey, how many did Legends did me and Ari actually know?" He whispered back before Cresselia continued.

"You have no need to be nervous. Yes, it was I who crafted that dream world for you. As I do for all I deem may need it." Her smile turned forlorn for a moment. "You have indeed struggled far more than what should be expected of you. This place is...a sanctuary of sorts. A place to rest. A place where those who have suffered can escape from the world for a while. I apologize if it felt sudden. I must admit I am rusty with talking with people."

"Did you....want us to stay here?" Mac asked, sounding a bit concerned, and Kazo could see why. They could have been stuck in a dream forever.

Cresselia gave a laugh. A laugh that sounded like moonbeams and starlight, if that had a sound, and shook her head. "Goodness no. I can't keep people who don't want to be kept. All I wished was to give you an offer." She grew a bit more serious then. "You have encountered these Godslayers multiple times now. And you have come through each fight. I must ask....do you intend to face them again?"

"I mean, I'm not actively hunting them down...," Kazo muttered. "But if they try to kill someone else while I'm around, I fully intend to face them...,"

"Aye, that's a long time. But..." Captain smirked at Denku. "All we can really do is hope, right? We live in a crazy world my friend. People are separated all the time. Either by choice or by force. Some more permanent than others. S'pose all we can do is keep on going and see where the winds take us."

"That seems obvious. We live on a ship." Trava said suddenly, from behind Captain. Causing the Pidgeot to jump a bit.

"Sweet Kyogre, Trava, where did you come from?"

"Over there." Trava responded simply.

"I meant...nevermind. But you're right." He turned back to Denku. "I live on a ship. I've already given my fate up to the winds. And it seems you have to, for now, taking on this quest while you have your own goals. You must care for these people." 

"Easier said than done," Denku muttered. He wasn't exactly the strong on the team, now was he? No, that honor definitely went to Easter. Trava suddenly let out an, 

"Ooooh.....Apanie gonna do the thing..."

"The thing...?" Denku asked, before looking at what was actually happening. Apanie was making a giant bolt of lightning, which she fired. "That's just... unfair...," He muttered.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8GrkkS0.png

"So, any idea who this is?"

"Huh? Why would Mac kn--?"

"You don't know about Cresselia?" Mac whispered back. "She's the Lunar Guardian. Her and Darkrai control dreams and nightmares. Which means...."

"Mac, on this whole journey, how many did Legends did me and Ari actually know?"

"Wait, she's a--?" Still, the closer he looked, the more...legendary-ish she seemed. Even more so than the twin fish people had.

Cresselia smiled at the trio. "You have no need to be nervous. Yes, it was I who crafted that dream world for you. As I do for all I deem may need it." Her smile turned forlorn for a moment. "You have indeed struggled far more than what should be expected of you. This place is...a sanctuary of sorts. A place to rest. A place where those who have suffered can escape from the world for a while. I apologize if it felt sudden. I must admit I am rusty with talking with people."

Well, she seemed nice anyway.

"Did you....want us to stay here?" Mac asked.

Cresselia gave a laugh. A laugh that sounded like moonbeams and starlight, if that had a sound, and shook her head. "Goodness no. I can't keep people who don't want to be kept. All I wished was to give you an offer." She grew a bit more serious then. "You have encountered these Godslayers multiple times now. And you have come through each fight. I must ask....do you intend to face them again?"

It would be nice if he could just straighten his shoulders and go, "Of course!" like he had with Celebi. But wanting to be a Chaser and wanting to go off and fight a bunch of bloodthirsty killers was a whole different thing. "Well...actually, I'm scared," he said, looking down. "Those...you said Godslayers? Those Godslayers..." he shuddered. Even the very name sounded terrible and...somehow wrong. Like, people weren't supposed to go around killing gods. "They're super strong, and they don't care about killing gods, or even who they kill to do so. That's scary, and terrible, and just bad." He emphasized the last word. "I don't know...what do you guys think?" he looked at Mac and Kazo.

"I mean, I'm not actively hunting them down...," Kazo muttered. "But if they try to kill someone else while I'm around, I fully intend to face them...,"

Kazo was so brave. Was it wrong that Ari wasn't like that? That he was scared, that he didn't want to always be fighting. He wanted to be stronger, to make others proud, but he didn't want his whole life to go like that. Once he made his people proud, then he could go about living a peaceful life and getting baths from his mom and exploring graveyards with his best friend. Fun things, things he couldn't do anymore. At least not till he became strong enough to protect that kind of life. But I wish I didn't have to do that at all, he thought. Fighting bad guys...I always thought that sounded so cool...until I ended up doing it myself.

--

m0FODxE.png

"It's time for you to lose." Apanie said bluntly.

Really, she was no fun. And also overconfident. Or maybe that was him. No, Easter thought. If I were overconfident, I would have started with my heavy-hitters right away. Actually, I used to do that all the time. But fighting against her had shown him the error of his ways. Still, there was something therapeutic about throwing a giant pink ball at useless dark or dragon types. If she were a dark or dragon type, he thought. But no, she wasn't, and he wasn't about to let himself get distracted, not now.

Not when she was firing a Thunderbolt into the sky.

Suddenly getting a very, very bad feeling, Easter concentrated on the sky himself. Almost unnoticed amidst the spectacular light show going on with the Rotom, a shooting star fell through the sky.

He watched, hands clasped, as the bolt hovered in midair before crashing back down on Apanie. Is this...a suicide attack? he thought in disbelief. This was the kind of move one used against a legendary, not during a spar on a ship flying through the air. He glanced around suddenly, looking for a familiar Pidgeot gijinka. Captain will kill me if I somehow force one of his crew members to kill themselves...and then kill me twice more for letting her ruin the ship. Faintly, he could hear Brooke shouting, though he couldn't make out what she was saying through the crash of thunder. The air started to tingle, and the fairy type could feel his hair stand on end.

The electrical energy around Apanie began to grow, creating a crackling maelstrom of lighting around the girl. Then she held both of her hands up, her stance wide, an intense expression on her face.

"Gigavolt...Havoc."

As a blast of electricity arrowed toward him, the only thing Easter could think was, Damn, should've saved my shield for this. As it was, he didn't even try to avoid the move, knowing that that would only be a waste of energy. And even if he did avoid it, if there was somebody behind him... While he might be strong enough to take it, there was no guarantee that anybody else would be, save Captain, Clyde, and maybe Denku or Brooke, though it was apparent that Apanie was a higher level than either one of them, and maybe him too. But what he lacked in pure power he made up for in experience.

So the Sylveon stood his ground as the attack reached him, crossing his arms in front of his face and whipping his feelers out to reach the ground. The more parts of him connected to an insulator, the better.

And then his vision turned white.

The fairy type almost fell over, limbs jerking uncontrollably. Gods, if I thought that Thunderbolt was bad, this was ten times worse. To add the cherry on top of the cake that was this fight so far, he was now paralyzed, and he could taste blood. I think I bit my tongue.

Still, somehow he had managed to retain his position atop the stage, and he straightened, limbs still twitching. If I try to attack now, I'll probably lose control at the last minute and hit somebody else. He felt something drip into his eyes. "You made me bleed," he huffed. It was then that his prior move took effect, and he felt the wounds closing up as strength surged through his body. His legs stopped shaking, and he brushed sawdust off his skirt.

"You're still up," Apanie's voice shifted a fraction off its usual monotone. Her eyes sharpened, taking in the sparks still dancing across his skin. "One way or another I'll win," her voice distorted near the end as a gloomy violet fog surrounded her, and then, like clouds rolling across the sky at jet speed, they rushed toward the fairy type, surrounding him and eating away at his weak spots, magnifying them tenfold.

He knew this move. Hex. It was always a pain to deal with. Literally. He gritted his teeth as the smoke seemed to dig its way beneath his skin, letting out a grunt of pain as he rode out the wave. Still, even through the agony of the move, he felt something deeper, something...more.

Exhilaration.

This was the life, this was what he lived for. Death-defying battles, fighting for dominance, not knowing whether you would live to see the next moment, but grasping for it anyway. Pain dealt both ways, and the pride of giving everything you had and more. Nobody was holding back now.

When the smoke finally dissipated, Easter was taking in great gulps of air. "Heh, that was nasty. I like that," he bared his teeth in a facsimile of a grin. "But those are ghost types for you. Now, let me show you how fairy types work." He gathered power beneath his hands, revealing a familiar pink sphere. "You could say we have a certain je ne sais quoi." The orb flew at Apanie.

Perhaps it was a mark of how much damage she'd taken, but the Rotom wasn't able to avoid it in time. She panted for breath, a cut bleeding on her lip. Her brow furrowed, the first sign of actual frustration he'd seen from her, and she snapped her fingers once more, electricity sizzling across her skin. Not a second later, she was streaking toward him, and he felt sparks race across his form once more at the impact.

BGM

"Heh...heheheh...hahaHAHAHA!" the fairy type threw his head back and laughed, eyes wild and uncontrolled. And then...he stopped. Just as suddenly. "Well," he smirked through lidded eyes, his voice lowering into a purr. "I thought I'd try and be careful. After all, I don't want to burn the ship down. But you're just so interesting. It's really too bad you're a girl," he sighed as the yellow form shot toward him again.

He swayed backward as he got hit once more, and yet, rather than collapse, he balanced on his feelers, falling into a backflip, and straightened to look Apanie in the eye.

The Rotom stared at him, her own eyes narrowing. "What are you doing." While the words were arranged as a question, the tone came off as a flat statement.

"You know..." he mused, apparently ignoring her words. "We both lied earlier. At the time, neither one of us had shown our trump card. Well, you've shown yours, and now it's time to show mine," he beamed so brightly his eyes sank into crescents. "Though I confess that this will be the first time I've used it. Let's hope there aren't any...accidents, shall we?" his voice sang through the air like bells, but Apanie, and perhaps some of the others, would be able to feel his aura clearly in that moment. Aggressive, powerful, and edged in madness.

"This is..." he breathed, shifting his stance. In the next second, he was already moving, a pale pink blur crashing into Apanie with all the force of a shooting star. "My last resort."

--

StUyAql.png

Keanu watched, as the attack struck Yveltal in the chest. The dark type shouted as the electricity leapt through her body, and shot through her aura. She hesitated, standing still, head thrown back, before stumbling. Yet she still remained standing.

"Oh gods," Keanu muttered. This was the end, wasn't it? They were going to die, here and now. This was what he got for trying to be a hero, staying to help his friends. Heroes never lived long, after all.

He would know.

The woman lowered her head to look at him and Marie, but for once, she didn't move. Puzzled, Keanu stared back. He felt like he was sweating bullets right about now. Finally, she sank to her knees, and then sat cross-legged on the ground with her head hung, breathing slowing so much that it was hard to tell she was taking a breath at all. "That's enough." She said, her voice cold but not as threatening as before. "You have fought for your lives harder than most. I will no longer fight you, Chasers."

"Oh thank the Tapus," Keanu groaned as he collapsed himself. "I think I got chicken skin from that. And of course we did! I rather like living, after all."

Yveltal glanced over in the direction of the main battle. "They still fight. Bring them the boy's body. That will stop them...The world has changed much in my sleep. You are not like the Chasers I knew but you are....something. Something worth preserving. For now."

"Well, thanks, that's reassuring," Keanu responded sarcastically before looking over at Blake, his previous snark dissipating into grief. "He...he might've gotten a little lolo near the end, but...his heart was in the right place." He felt sick, seeing the Zoroark who had so passionately tried to help his people, lying there, dead.

Oh Manaphy, he was going to throw up, wasn't he?

Choking down the bile that threatened to rise up his throat, the Pikachu staggered upright. "We...should try and get the others up again," he muttered, digging through his berry pouch for a handful of Sitrus Berries, first approaching Randy, and then the mysterious Pikachu, forcing their jaws to chew the fruit into pulp, and then lifting their heads and blowing on their noses to make them swallow. It was then that he noticed something...strange about the other Pikachu.

"Wait, what?" he gaped. "You're not a Pikachu at all!" the shock was too much for him right then, and he fell over, landing on his butt. "It's too early for this," he grumbled. "Or late, whichever."

Sky Palace Team Showdown

"Hurt by a women?" Scarlet said, tilting her head. She hadn't heard anything like this, at least she was sure she hadn't. And she had followed him for as long as she could remember. Just how much did she not know about the legend...

That wasn't important right now. Celebi had asked a rather interesting question, before waving it off as Scarlet's stomache growled. The girl blushed a bit. "Yeah... I could use some food right now." She chuckled slightly, getting up from the bed. "It has been a pleasure talking to you, Celebi." She said, waving goodbye as she made her way out the door and towards the dining hall.

As she made her way, she saw Taiga was already eating alongside Groudon and Solgaleo. She also saw Isole, who was floating away. "Hey Isole." Scarlet said, waving at the girl, before taking a seat next to Taiga on the table. "Morning, everyone." She said, taking a look at the food on the table.

Northshore Team Karaoke

Lok's teeth clenched as he saw the girl before him. "You mean we killed the lunatic that was trying to murder all of us! When you betrayed us the first time!?" Lok responded. "Sure, killing was... excessive... and not the way I would have handled it. But it was you and them that attacked us, not the other way around!" He growled a bit, the electricity in his hand sparking up again. "Stop trying to blame us for your and his mistakes!" He was ready to attack the girl with a Thundebolt, but he stopped himself. She was right, he didn't stand a chance against her. The sparks in his hands died down. "You're right, I can't beat you."

"Just like you and your master couldn't beat us." What was he doing!? All he had to do was walk away - she didn't seem intent on stopping him. "I might be weak, but at least I'm not dumb enough to think I'm strong!" And yet he couldn't control himself; a surge of emotions he had kept bottled up bursted out of him at that moment. "What, you intend to lie your way into killing a legend!? And then what; everything is just gonna work itself out. Those maniacs are just going to take you back in!?" A chuckle came out of Lok. "You're more delusional than I was for ever trusting you."

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Sky Palace

"Brain, is that what you call it?" Taiga took time away from stuffing her face to glare at Groudon, only to take another bite out of another meat. "I don't understand why you insist on giving me a name that is not my own."

"Don't be such a stick in the mud, Groudy." Solgaleo said with a laugh. "The girl is just trying to be friendly. Don't you remember back in the day? Gijinka then were much closer to you all than these ones. You should be happy that this girl is so comfortable with us."

"I'm not sure it's the same..."

"Listen, Lord Groudon...I'm not here to worship you or anything.  You're Gijinka after all too, right?"  Taiga swallowed down some more food before continuing.  "I get that you're stronger than most of us, but momma didn't raise a shrine maiden.  Actually...momma didn't raise anyone."  She rubbed the back of her neck.  This sentiment was getting too deep.  "I give nicknames to people I like...alright?  If ya got a problem with that, then I won't mind stickin' to your borin' regular name.  Fufufu."  She said softly, before munching on more meat.  Then, two of her teammates decided to finally show up.  

"This...looks like a hassle."

"Morning, everyone."

As Isole started to walk away, Taiga got up to follow her.  As she passed Scarlet, she waved.  

"Mornin' Chrome Dome."  She said, hassling her friend before reaching out for Isole's shoulder.  "Yo Ice...maybe you should stick around and eat.  I'm not sure if it's because you're a Ghost-Type or somethin', but it looks like you're about to wither away!  Fufufufu."  She then let go of Isole's shoulder before motioning back towards the table.  "I mean...gotta meet all these god's if we're gonna be fighting with them at a moments notice!"  

P1JjewJ.png?1

While both she and Keanu had managed to land one last attack, the legend still didn't seem to be knocked down. The concern in Marie's face was growing, as was the fatigue that was permeating throughout her entire body. Were the fight against Yveltal to continue, there was no way either her or Keanu had enough to actually defeat them. Thankfully, they didn't need to do anything about that, as the legend had finally yielded, telling them that the fight was over. As Marie was still on edge, she still looked ready to avoid whatever it was that Yveltal was going to throw next but with a few more moments passing the realization of what had happened hit her. Her more combative expression turned one of surprise, then relief, and then joy. She had managed to stand up for her friends against something as terrifying as a legend. She managed to not let herself be beaten by what she found to be one of the biggest bullies ever. And just like Moltres had, she had managed to give everything she had and then some. To say Marie was positively glowing right now was not an exaggeration. Nor was it an expression. It was a fact. 

The young Popplio's bruise and battered form seemed to be covered in a glowing white aura, and eventually that aura had started to grow brighter and brighter. Marie seemed confused by this, but also felt a surge of power start to run through her body, though none would be able to see this expression as the white light became entirely opaque and the girls form started to become amorphous. Shifting a bit, as if going through a sudden growth spurt, the girl grew and her white silhouette slightly changed in shape only for the aura to finally explode off of her. Where the once Popplio stood, now stood a Brionne

Confusion breaking way to excitement, the girl started jumping up and down saying, "guys guys, look. Look!" She looked over to the now recovering friends, before saying, "I did it, I evolved! See, I am an adult!" With a slightly proud, smug and joyous expression on her face, the girl somewhat gloated to her friends. Though she seemed more healthy then a moment before, she was still exhausted from the fight and thus her jumping up and down was broken into a small stumble with the girl barely managing to stay on her feet. Her excitement too was dashed as the other part of Yveltal's statement sunk in. Though she knew what had happened, the girl didn't dare to look at the body for fear of how she would react. 

ZzcS3Rf.png

As he and Gwen were about to go on with their investigation, he couldn't but chuckle at her referring to Fiona and Lok as children. All the same he said, "we can let the kids stay home. I'm sure they're off having fun by themselves right now anyway. Besides, haven't done any exploring for just the two of us before right? So could be more fun."

"Are you suggesting exploring an abandoned mansion is a date?" Gwen asked with a teasing look.

With a playful bow Nine responded, "if the madam will have me."

"Sad to say I'm not the dating type. But I'll at least accompany you for now." She responded, floating past and heading towards the mansion. "Sorry if that's Tentacruel of me." She called out over her shoulder.

Leaning back with his hand over his chest, though still smiling, he said, "you wound me, my fair lady. But, I shall enjoy your company all the same." With that, Nine began following Gwen to the mansion.

The mansion sat atop of large hill. A fence with a gate surrounded said hill. Though it seemed no one was at the gate. The mansion itself was, for a mansion, unremarkable, and only several floors tall. What few windows there were were boarded up and the paint-job was fading. Though it still seemed to be in a state of decent repair. Given it's somewhat bland yet abandoned look, Nine couldn't help but say, "I can see why the kids aren't allowed near here." Turning towards the Mismagius he asked "shall we?" before making his way over to the gate.

Gwen hesitated, then followed Nine over. The duo had made their way over the gate, that was both locked and chained, though neither seemed particularly strong. Not wanting to cause any damage, though, Nine saw that the gate itself wasn't all that high. With a smile on his face, Nine merely said, "haven't done this in awhile." 

After climbing over the gate, landing on the other side, he looked to his ghostly companion. She put a hand on the gate but hesitated briefly. Looking over at Nine she says, with a blush, "Turn around please."

Nine couldn't help but stifle a laugh before covering his eyes and turning. "Just say when."

All Nine could hear was some sounds of struggle as the girl slowly and clumsily made her way over the gate. Then a brief yelp as she fell off the other side. Thankfully, due to her Levitation, she simply stopped before hitting the ground. Pulling herself up she mutters a soft "when."

Opening his eyes Nine still had a smile across his face as he joked, "it gets easier with time." With that, he began to walk towards the mansion's door.

The door was wooden, with various carvings off odd creatures. A large, goat-like, being on top of a cloud while various other animal-like creatures looked up at it from below, and had no doorknob. As Gwen walked up to the door with Nine she casually mentioned. "You do this often then?"

Examining the door, Nine didn't know what to make of it. The carvings themselves seemed to be telling some kind of story, likely about some legend, though he wasn't sure which or what it was saying. Placing his hand on the door, the Houndoom attempted to push it open, yet not surprisingly it didn't seem to budge. As he began to walk around the perimeter of the building, he responded, "well, not a daily habit, but off-limits places tend to have some secrets to offer behind them." 

"There weren't many off-limits places where I come from. Except...a few...." Gwen's voice trailed off as she seemed to be thinking about something.

"Oh? Anything interesting about those?"

"About...what?" Gwen asked, confused as she follows Nine around.

Nine's stride slowed down briefly, but still asked, "about the off-limit places where you come from."

"Oh, the caves?" Gwen said dismissively. "I don't know much about them we were always told to stay away."

"Oh?" Nine looked to Gwen, curiosity clear on his face, though less interested in the actual response and more in how she responded. "You ever curious about what lies within them?"

"Not really. All I was worried about was taking care of my brothers and sisters." As she said this, she seemed to have a glazed look over her eyes. 

"Ah, that sounds nice," Nine said off-handedly. Waiting for a bit, stopping the conversation until they got back to the door, Nine turned back to Gwen. Wanting to test something he merely asked, "say Gwen, what were we talking about?"

"Hm?" She asked. "Well, we should really find a way inside this mansion shouldn't we?"

"We should." It seemed that there truly was something strange about her home. All the same, Nine still had a different job to worry about, and a different riddle to figure out. Unsure how to approach this, the boy decided to go with the obvious and just knock on the door while saying, "helllllooo. Anyone home?" There wasn't a response, though after a few seconds the door did swing open. Stunned at this, Nine couldn't help but bluntly state, "I can't believe that worked." 

"I suppose it makes sense. It's rather rude to barge into someone's home without knocking." Gwen said, with a bit of a scolding tone.

Nine couldn't help but feel admonished, and he had no way to respond to something like that, especially being in the wrong, and as such he just made his way inside the building. Once inside, the room itself was pitch black, neither Nine nor Gwen being able to make anything out. And then the room lit up. With what appears to be hundreds of lights, resembling stars, covering the area around and above them. A light shone at their feet and highlighted where they walked. Off in the distance there was what appeared to be several dozen purple rectangles. Similar to steps and arranged in such a way to create a spiral staircase leading upwards. Each stair glowed with a soft purple light.

Letting out an impressed whistle, and looking to Gwen to both see how she was feeling and gesture her to go along, Nine began to walk towards the stairs. 

Gwen herself seemed to be wide-eyed, and trembling slightly, as she looked around. "What is this..." She muttered, following Nine. "Are you...sure we should be doing this?"

"Of course we should," he states matter of factly. A wide smile and child-like wonder in his eyes, he said, "this is what it's all about. And if there's something interesting to follow, then you gotta." With that, he began his journey to the stairs. 

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

Randy started feeling...wait...feeling? Yes, he was beginning to feel again! He stirred slightly, having a strange taste in his mouth. With a slight groan, he started opening his eyes. It was a little blurry for him at the moment, but he knew he was definitely alive still...so that was a plus. Taste in his mouth? Sitrus berry...must've been from Keanu. He swallowed the last bits of the berry taste in his mouth and slowly sat up.

"N-Ngh...akuadamn..." he muttered, rubbing the back of his neck slightly. "...what...?" Randy stopped suddenly on asking what happened. It flashed in his mind almost immediately. He was knocked out...big time, by Yveltal. R-Right...first knocked out...damn...

"Guys guys, look. Look! I did it, I evolved! See, I am an adult!"

Randy was pulled away from his thoughts and looked over, seeing that there was a Brionne standing in the midst of their group now. He saw Keanu...and Kea...nu? Taking a glance over to his one side, he saw that there was indeed a second "Pikachu"...but after a quick rub of his eyes, he noticed that this wasn't looking at all like Keanu. He'd ask questions later...so process of elimination said that this was...

"H-Heh...w-well color me surprised, Marie." he said with a small smile. "Hōʻike iāʻoe..." However, Randy's eyes caught Yveltal still around. Though this time, she looked a lot less hostile than she did before. With a clearing of his throat, he looked to Marie and Keanu. "...give it to me straight. Did we win or lose?"

UNOHESy.png

Poké: 500

Inventory: Good Rod, Antidote x2, Kasib Berry

"Hey, catch!" Nani knew this sound. It was kids playing in the playground. Catch seemed to be really popular lately, with the local kids throwing around a large ball, half-red and half-white. This particular group seemed to have new rules though. Whoever got hit by the ball without catching it was "captured," and was out of the game and unallowed to speak until they could intercept a catch. Last kid standing wins. Nani wanted to join them, but she'd never been invited, and just going up and asking would be weird, right? No, she'd have to make do with sitting back and watching.

As the ball got tossed to a Crabrawler boy, he reached out to catch it... but his big hands instead sent the ball flying off on a new course! By the time Nani realized it was headed for her, the red-and-white ball was already about to fly right into her face. "Woah, look out!"

iU8EggM.png

But what she was tasting wasn't an oversized toy. It didn't taste nearly rubbery enough for that. Berries? Those definitely tasted like some sort of berry. Oran? No, not quite...

"Wait, what?" Keanu. As Nani returned to consciousness, the first thing she noticed was Keanu, feeding her berries.Yveltal was still in the room, but... not fighting? Did she finally give up? "You're not a Pikachu at all!"

This was a good time for Nani to properly introduce herself, but it was then that she realized. Someone had been that close to her, feeding her food and... "Gaaah!" Nani leapt up to her feet, holding the hood of her costume further down over her face, covering the entire thing. Clumsily turning toward Keanu, she started "No, I'm not a Pikachu. I'm a Mimikyu. My costume looks like a Pikachu, but you and I are completely different species. More importantly!" Nani leaned in closer to the Pikachu. If Keanu looked closely, he might have been able to spot an intense look in the yellow eyes hiding behind the eye covers of her hood. "My face! You didn't look at it, right? I wear this thing for a reason!"

Team Neo Not Day, Day 30, S.S. Showdown

Captain gave Brooke a side-long glance as she reacted to Apanie's special move. He slowly shook his head at the anger he could feel right next to him. "He'll be fine." Captain said. "Apanie wouldn't use that attack if she didn't think he could take it. She doesn't even use it against Edna. Oh, and, you might not want to tell Easter you were worried. I don't think he'd like that very much." He glanced over at Denku. "You too. What you call unfair Easter would probably say not enough. Just watch."

Meanwhile Dora, pressed against Brooke, and dangling there without any attempts to keep herself up beyond Brooke's grip, began giggling incessantly. "T-tickles!" She said. "That tickles, what're you doing Brooke? It's all funny feeling."

Apanie was watching Easter warily. She felt danger. This wasn't what she had heard about the former crew from Captain. This was a Monster.

Apanie knew Monsters. She also knew they were to be hunted. Her eyes narrowed as she shifted her position finally into a more defensive one. Primal instinct welled up in her as she raised her arm to fire off a Hydro Pump.

But Easter was moving faster than before. The direct attack seemed to throw Apanie off and her Hydro Pump merely grazed the Sylveon's side before Easter rammed into the Rotom girl.

An explosive blast of energy, which formed in the shape of a large star, erupted from where Easter made contact and Apanie was blown back and off of the stage.

She landed on her back, unconscious, and the battle was over with a sudden flair.

Captain grunted on the sidelines. "Figured as much..." He muttered. Meanwhile Solana was clambering onto the stage. Jumping up and down, an unusual sight for someone floating, she headed for Easter, shouting out congratulations and praise. Meanwhile Trava dragged herself over to Apanie to check on the girl and, picking her up by hooking her arms underneath Apanie's armpits, dragged her back.

Team Mac, Day 31, Mushroom Forest

Cresselia smiled at Ari as he spoke and floated over to him. She rested a hand atop his head and gently stroked his hair. "You have so much resolve already, for one so young." She looked over to Kazo, and Mac. "And you as well. To think, with all the powerful Gijinka in this world, it is the children who fight for it the hardest." The woman glanced up at the sky, at the moon, and there was a profound sadness on her face. "This world used to be full of those like you." She said. "Long ago, whenever the world faced a threat, people rose up to stop it. These days we're lucky to find isolated groups willing to fight for more than themselves. Somewhere along the way we went wrong."

"It isn't too late to change that." Mac said suddenly. Cresselia looked to the girl with a questioning gaze. The little Electric type seemed to hesitate under her thousand year stare but she pulled herself back together. "I think....what the world is missing...is people to show them how to be strong." Mac wasn't looking at any of them anymore. Instead she was staring down at the ground, brow furrowed, as she struggled to get her thoughts in order. "People don't worship the Legends anymore, not really, so the only ones they have to look to are the strongest. And they...can sometimes be self-serving. If....if that's all we have to go off on then of course people aren't gonna try and fight for each other." She nodded firmly to herself before looking at Kazo, and Ari. "I wanna be somebody that can show everyone that you can fight for something. And...maybe then people will start following."

She looked away then, embarrassed. "You can laugh at me all you want I don't care."

Team Alola, Day 15, Mowloo

Yveltal didn't seem to stir much even as the group got up and began to talk. She wasn't there, really, beyond physically. She was flying through the land. At a speed impossible if she were moving with her wings or legs. She could feel it everywhere. Death and conflict was everywhere. Even in Pride Rock. HER domain. It seemed that the world was on the edge of something. Even Arceus was gone.

Suddenly she moved to her feet and faced the group. "There is a battle approaching. One much bigger than this. Everyone, Legend or otherwise, will have to fight if we are to survive at all."

She looked at each of them. They would feel cold when she laid their eyes on her. And as though their souls were being laid bare before her. "This is not your land. You still may choose to hide from this conflict. There will be a path opened for you and if you choose to take it you no longer will have that choice. I won't tell you what to choose. Your lives, your deaths, are in your hands now." With that ominous statement she once more spread out her wings and took to the air.

Moments later the Noctowl, surprisingly unharmed despite coming from such a hectic fight, came into the clearing. She took one look at Blake, and at the empty area where Yveltal once was, and seemed to understand what happened. "It is finished, then?" She asked.

Team Showdown, Day 30, Sky Palace

"Hello..." Isole responded to Scarlet. This greeting caused her to hesitate long enough for Taiga to easily catch up to her. "I don't eat much." Isole muttered in response to Taiga's words. "And I don't need to meet them anymore than I have...they'll just go away once it's all over."

The Legends may have responded to this but they didn't hear the girl's mutters. As Scarlet approached, Groudon gave her a stiff, but respectful, nod, and Solgaleo threw a large arm around her neck and pulled her closer to him. "Welcome to breakfast little warrior!" He said with a laugh. Then he leaned in. "Hey, how did you deal with Groudon's fire? I know I can take him but that fire is such a pain."

"I can still hear you, you know. You didn't get any quieter." Groudon remarked dryly.

---

The various conversations continued for a while but eventually they would be summoned, by Magearna, back to Rayquaza's throne.

The man seemed to be ill at ease as they entered. "I will make this quick. We have found the location of another Legend. In the worst possible way. To be blunt this will be much more difficult than your previous fight. I would much prefer one of us to go but...she is, shall we say, not fond of other Legends. You very well could die in this fight so if you wish to leave now this will be your only chance."

Team Karaoke, Day 28, Northshore

"You're acting rather brave for someone who doesn't know what they're talking about. But of course you are. You're safe in your little world of right and wrong aren't you?" Fiona's face twisted into mask of rage. "Their way is the only way left because they're going to win. I've got nothing left. Everyone I ever knew is DEAD and soon the world will be too." She backed away. "If you don't have anything more to say then you better just leave. This little chat doesn't make a difference. It's too late for me to join them and too late for me to go with you. It doesn't matter anymore neither of will exist soon enough."

---

Gwen nodded firmly, and, after a hesitation, reached out to grab onto Nine's hand as the two made their way to the stairs.

Nine was the first to step on, of course, boldly and excitedly. When he didn't immediately fall through Gwen let out the breath she hadn't realized she had been holding. They continued up the stairs, despite that there didn't seem to be a destination, for several minutes. Whenever either would look down they would find themselves higher and higher in the sky. Though it seemed to be much higher than they had actually climbed.

And then everything went white. They could hear voices, voices they didn't know, speaking in the distance. The words were hard to understand but some managed to get through.

"I wish my dad would get his job back."

"I wish I could win in the arena."
"I wish I find my soul mate soon."
"I wish my kids grow up better than me."

"I wish to win"

"I wish to live"
"I wish to die"
"I wish"

"I wish"

"I wish I wish I wish IwishIwishIwishIwishIwishIwish"

Just before it got too overwhelming, the voices faded away.

They found themselves standing on a grassy field. Trees far off in the distance marked an end to the field which felt that it otherwise would have stretched on forever and the sky above was clear and filled with gently flashing stars. If they were to watch closely they would notice more appearing every so often. Sitting upon a flat-topped boulder was a woman. She had her eyes closed and her face tilted upwards and a bit to the side. As though listening to something. There was a small smile on her face. Somewhat wistful. And then her eyes opened and she gracefully leapt from the boulder.

She strolled over towards the two. Her bare feet brushing past the grass, which seemed to stir slightly as though a wind was blowing through, though the air seemed still, and her eyes looking straight at Nine and Gwen. "Welcome to my home, children of Adarid. As I'm sure you're aware, I am Jirachi. And I feel you have something important to say to me."

8GrkkS0.png

Ari looked down as his head was being stroked. Resolve...do I really? he wondered. At the moment, he didn't feel very resolved. All he knew was that he wanted to make his father proud, and to become a good Chaser. Fighting bad guys was never part of the plan. But it sounds like that's something I might have to do, he thought.

And then Mac started speaking, and as he listened, he felt a bit better. She always seems to know what to do. Has she ever lost her way? he wondered. His father had told him that everybody lost their way sometimes, but it seemed like Mac might be the one exception to that rule. And then she talked about people not worshiping the legends, which was totally not true, at least not in Pride Rock, but maybe his home was another exception? But they just worshiped the main two for the most part, though he had heard about Entei, being a lion.

But her next words, about people being self-serving, about them fighting for themselves only...that was something he had seen himself in his travels, so maybe she was right. And if so, then wasn't that just really, really sad? It seemed Mac thought so too, as she started talking about wanting to be an example or something. Somebody people would start following.

"You can laugh at me all you want I don't care."

"Why?" Ari asked, staring at Mac with new eyes. She has the heart of a king. "I don't think that's funny at all." He smiled. "I think I understand what you mean...this time," he couldn't resist adding the last part.

--

m0FODxE.png

It was over.

How disappointing, he thought. If only it lasted just a little bit longer, just enough for her to bleed some more, and for me to bleed with her. He stared at Apanie's fallen form. If I revive her and use Wish on her, would she agree to continue?

And then another Rotom climbed up on the stage, and he shifted to face her, eyes hollow and hungry for more battle, except instead of attacking him, she...jumped up and down? "Whoa! That was like, so whoosh and bam and wow! I never could fight like that!"

Easter blinked, the battle-haze lifting from his eyes. It was then that he realized that he was bleeding in at least a dozen places, and that he was a lot more exhausted from that fight than he had expected to be. I was a fool, he thought as the girl chattered on. Got lost in my battle-high and let my bloodlust overwhelm me. I should've healed and whittled her down rather than go for an all-out offense at the end. Still, that was something he would just have to remember for next time.

"Hey, hey, are you listening?"

Oops. "Ahh, my apologies, I dazed off for a little while there," Easter smiled winningly at the Rotom, Solana, if he remembered correctly. "Thank you for the praise, though I'm sure the platform isn't thanking me," he said, as he looked it over...or what was left of it after their fight. "I hope I don't have to swab the deck for that," he muttered.

Making his way over to the others with a glance at Apanie being dragged away, Easter grinned in embarrassment. "Hi," he greeted. "I'm sorry if you were waiting on me. I just needed to blow off some steam, if you will," he winced as he accidentally reopened a cut. "But I think I'll refrain from any further fighting, at least for today," he leaned against the side of the ship, letting his weight rest against the railings.

"I do hope Apanie's fine, though," he said with a nod toward his former opponent. "We both, eheh, might have gone a little overboard," he said with a guilty glance toward the ruined platform. It was then that he remembered that Dora was there, and that she might have seen him lose control near the end. If so, then maybe she, like Fawkes--no, that wouldn't happen, right? Still, he had to be sure. "And you? Have you been behaving yourself?" he asked Dora mock-sternly. "I hope you haven't been getting into trouble without me."

--

StUyAql.png

"Gaaah!" The not-Pikachu leapt up to their feet, holding the hood of their costume further down over their face, covering the entire thing. Clumsily turning toward Keanu, they started "No, I'm not a Pikachu. I'm a Mimikyu. My costume looks like a Pikachu, but you and I are completely different species. More importantly!" they leaned in closer to the Pikachu, their yellow eyes gleaming. "My face! You didn't look at it, right? I wear this thing for a reason!"

"Um..." Keanu hadn't really seen anything, as he had originally been trying to wake them up again. "No?" he squeaked out, before clearing his throat. "I mean, no, I didn't see nothin'," he grinned reassuringly at them. "So no worries, yah?" Thinking about it a bit longer, he said. "So, Mimikyu, huh? Wait," he paled. "You're not going to kill me, skin me, and wear me as a cloak, are you?" He shook his head soon after, snorting at himself. "No, never mind. Ignore me." That was a childhood rumor, nothing more.

"Guys guys, look. Look!" Marie was shouting, "I did it, I evolved! See, I am an adult!"

As Keanu turned toward her, he heard Randy, who must have revived as well, speak. "H-Heh...w-well color me surprised, Marie."

Well. Now he knew what the excitement was about. "Da cute!" he exclaimed. "Bigger, older, and wiser, eh?" He was glad to see that, even so far from home, some things still stayed the same.

"Hōʻike iāʻoe..." Randy cleared his throat. "...give it to me straight. Did we win or lose?"

"We won," the Pikachu replied. "Or at least we fought hard enough the tita over there," he jabbed his thumb at Yveltal's sitting form, "decided we were good enough to spare. For now," he added the last bit as he remembered her words. "She also said if we want to stop the fighting, we should," he swallowed, suddenly finding it hard to breathe, "take Blake's body to them."

Suddenly Yveltal moved to her feet and faced the group. "There is a battle approaching. One much bigger than this. Everyone, Legend or otherwise, will have to fight if we are to survive at all."

She looked at each of them, and when her eyes settled on Keanu, he felt cold and exposed, as if he were standing on the top of a tall mountain peak in nothing but board shorts. "This is not your land. You still may choose to hide from this conflict. There will be a path opened for you and if you choose to take it you no longer will have that choice. I won't tell you what to choose. Your lives, your deaths, are in your hands now." With that ominous statement she once more spread out her wings and took to the air.

"Eh? What did she mean?" Keanu scratched his cheek.

Before he could say more, a Noctowl came into the clearing. She took one look at Blake, and at the empty area where Yveltal once was, and seemed to understand what happened. "It is finished, then?" She asked.

"Yes," the Pikachu replied shortly. He hadn't forgotten earlier, when this wahine had basically called him an idiot.

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

Randy waited for a good long moment, but finally Keanu gave him what he was hoping to hear.

"We won. Or at least we fought hard enough the tita over there decided we were good enough to spare. For now... She also said if we want to stop the fighting, we should, take Blake's body to them."

"Huh...is that the case?" he muttered, nodding as he rubbed the back of his head. Upside: they won, apparently. Downside: he was the first to get knocked out of commission. A slight growl came from Randy, as he muttered curses at himself, before finally standing up. Luckily not too far from him was his vest, so he quickly tossed it back on after giving it one flap out to get the debris and dirt off it. ...I was pathetic...I kept up with Allie...but against a Legendary I was pitiful... he thought, grinding his teeth together.

"There is a battle approaching. One much bigger than this. Everyone, Legend or otherwise, will have to fight if we are to survive at all. This is not your land. You still may choose to hide from this conflict. There will be a path opened for you and if you choose to take it you no longer will have that choice. I won't tell you what to choose. Your lives, your deaths, are in your hands now."

Randy started slowly making his way towards Blake's body as Yveltal spoke. A bigger battle was approaching? Even worse than this? This both terrified and excited the Incineroar, as both a challenge had been put on the table...but at the same time, something worse than just this. He stood near Blake's mangled body, staring down at it. Unlike the others, this wasn't too much of a strain on his psyche. He'd seen broken bones, blood, you name it... Death was something new...but still, it was in the same column, he assumed.

"It is finished, then?"

Where once the Yveltal was, now stood the Noctowl girl. Randy glanced over, only giving a nod before crouching down near Blake's body. With a strong exhale, Randy placed a hand on the body.

"Honestly...I didn't expect it to go that way." he muttered, shaking his head. "If anything, all I was going to do was leave you in a state where you couldn't do anything...not kill. You, Blake...happened to be the second one since I've been on this land...to give an intense fight." Randy sighed before grabbing the body and hoisting it over his shoulder. "May want to look away, nā kānaka."

With a quick grunt, Randy started walking towards the exit. Looking at the Noctowl, he paused in his stride. "May need you to come and help explain for us..." he said, motioning towards Blake's body. As he began to move again, he cleared his throat. "Keanu...Marie...new person...just...remind me of something later. I...I wanna sit down and talk with you guys."

DcxYSU0.png?1

While Marie was thinking to herself, she smiled as the others of her group took note of her growth looking to Keanu saying, "you betcha! So now it'd do you better to listen to me more than before." The girl's attention was then brought to the legend as they gave them a grave and cryptic final warning before vanishing from where they were. While the idea of a battle that all would participate in was a bit beyond her scope of imagining, the peril that was coming wasn't entirely lost on her. From Alola to Northshore to here. Everything seemed so dangerous and perilous in the world right now, and Marie could tell from Yveltal's words that if they stayed in Adarid things would only get more dangerous for them. But if they left then they'd be spared, which meant that it was probably just an issue with this region. And if that were the case then....

Marie's thoughts were broken as Randy spoke up. While she looked towards him, the girl quickly looked away as she felt a somewhat sickening feeling seeing the body in the man's hands. All the same, she looked towards the Noctowl and nodded. "Yeah, we - Blake was...stopped. And the Queen doesn't seem to want to hurt us anymore. So, we can stop this fight, right?" As Randy spoke up once more the girl merely nodded and said, "yeah...that'll be good. I think...I need to say something too." Marie seemed to be lost in her own thoughts, and was so overwhelmed by what was going on that the fact that there was a Mimikyu amidst them didn't really register with her. 

ZzcS3Rf.png

As Nine began his ascent up the stairs, he was very internally thankful that they were solid and allowed him to travel upward. With his ghostly companion moving up with him, the two ascended the staircase further and further into the starry sky above them. As they did, Nine's attention was brought to the side of the stairs and towards the open air as whispers started to form. No matter where he had looked, the voices didn't seem to belong to anything in particular and they only grew in number and volume the further they climbed. The wants, desires and simple wishes of the people were all made apparent to the Houndoom and the further he went the louder and more plentiful they became. Soon, Nine was having trouble hearing his own thoughts amidst these wishes, and as it was starting to become overwhelming, he blinked and they were gone. 

There he stood in the middle of a vasts expansive field, breathless at the serene and graceful sight of the legend before them. As Jirachi made their way over to the duo, seeming to be keyed into why they were there, Nine looked to her with both awe yet a solemn expression across his face. "Yeah. It's about a wish I need to make."

"You came all this way for a wish?" Jirachi said. While her voice was inquisitive she didn't sound surprised. "You must have heard them. I hear all wishes, no matter where they come from."

With a bit of a more weak smile on his face Nine joked, "I thought an in person request would help my chances."

"Well, you certainly have come a long way to make this wish." Jirachi said.

Next to Nine, Gwen seemed to snap out of her thoughts and hissed at him. "Nine, you can't just demand someone you just met to give you something."

He gave a small chuckle at what Gwen said, saying, "yeah, I know." Looking back to Jirachi, he said, "sorry for being so demanding right out the gate, I would've love to have met you under different circumstances. But I'll start from the top. I'm Nine, and this lady here is Gwen." With a small bow he added, "it's a pleasure to meet you Jirachi."

The legend inclined her head slightly, an amused smirk on her face. "It's good you have someone to keep you in line." She remarked. "But very well." She stood a bit taller and the grass grew still. "What is it that you desire?"

Standing back up straight Nine bluntly said, "I want you to help me save the life of the sheriff of Juyu and Meloetta."

Every ounce of mischievousness in Jirachi's eyes faded away suddenly. "What did you say?"

Nine stared back at the legend. "My wish is to save the sheriff of Juyu and Meloetta."

"And...what happened to them?" Jirachi asks, her voice flat.

"I am unsure of the specifics, but someone came in and destroyed the town of Juyu. I imagine that person also put the two of them into their current critical condition."

Jirachi's gaze went past the two of them. "The world turns, the world burns, and life passes by." She muttered. "I have not left this place in many, many, years. I had never thought that such a thing would happen. When did everything go wrong..."

Nine's stood silent for a moment, trying to figure out what to say only to finally say, "I don't know. I've been trying to figure something like that out myself."

"Do you know why I remain here?" Jirachi asked Nine suddenly.

While normally Nine would have a  quip to say here he merely held himself back. "No. Not really."

"In the beginning people understood better. Wishes weren't something I could make happen on my own. I could guide wishes, use desire, and make changes to fate in order to guide a wish to reality. But that wisdom was lost to time and the demands came in constantly." She didn't look at the pair. "I grew maddened. I lashed out. People were hurt. So I came to a toxic swamp to hide. Here. But I still felt them, heard them, the people's wishes. I started to notice some wishes burned brighter than others. Many of those were people hoping for a place they can be safe and happy. And so I used that to create the city you were just in."

With a smile on his face Nine said, "well, you made quite the resort."

"I made...an escape." She corrected. "It's what I felt people needed. And yet, even still, it isn't enough."

"Well, problems have a way of catching up with people. Escaping can help but, it's not a permanent thing."

"Clearly." She hesitated. "To do what you wish of me I would have to leave this place." She said.

Nine paused for a moment before saying, "I get if you don't want to. It's a dangerous place out there now, especially for legends. And I apologize for dropping all this on you. But...maybe there's something for you to see out there first. The city that you made, the escape...it's well and truly these people's homes now. They're not praying for legends or wishes to rebuild it right now. Despite the fancy lifestyle this place has, all of them are working together, with their own power, to restore it. So, maybe the wisdom that was lost in time isn't so lost anymore."

"I see." Jirachi cast a sidelong glance at the two. "It's hard to hear over all the voices but perhaps the world is telling me it is...time to move on."

With a resolute smile on his face, Nine extended out his hand towards Jirachi. "So, will you help guide me to make my wish come true?"

"You remind me of someone I knew a long time ago." Jirachi said, gently grasping his hand. Her grip was stronger than her visage might imply but she didn't put much force in the grasp. "Very well, I suppose I shall go. Do you wish to leave now or is there something else you need first?"

"Well, we're traveling with two others," he looked to Gwen saying, "so, we should probably get them before we leave Northshore."

"Bring them here to me and then...we shall go."

Nodding to the legend, Nine then looked to Gwen and gestured for her to follow, going down the stairs to go and find Lok and Fiona.

Cresselia floated over to Ari, smiling and petting his hair. Was that what a mom was like? "You have so much resolve already, for one so young." She looked over to Kazo, and Mac. "And you as well. To think, with all the powerful Gijinka in this world, it is the children who fight for it the hardest." The woman glanced up at the sky, at the moon, her face showing nothing but profound sadness. "This world used to be full of those like you." She said. "Long ago, whenever the world faced a threat, people rose up to stop it. These days we're lucky to find isolated groups willing to fight for more than themselves. Somewhere along the way we went wrong."

"It isn't too late to change that." Mac said suddenly. Oh boy, a Mac speech. How much was his eyes going to roll? "People don't worship the Legends anymore, not really, so the only ones they have to look to are the strongest. And they...can sometimes be self-serving. If....if that's all we have to go off on then of course people aren't gonna try and fight for each other." She nodded firmly to herself before looking at Kazo, and Ari. "I wanna be somebody that can show everyone that you can fight for something. And...maybe then people will start following." She looked away then, embarrassed. "You can laugh at me all you want I don't care."

"Why?" Ari asked, smiling. "I think I understand what you mean...this time,"

"Yeah, that was shockingly actually pretty deep," Kazo commented. "But, if you wanna show everybody that they can fight for something, you might want to get even stronger than you are now. We all should. I, for one, would like to not nearly die every time we run into a Godslayer," He sighed and leaned back, mulling over the conversation they had. "What's going on though? Why are people trying to kill the Legends? I just don't get it...,"

"He'll be fine." Captain said. "Apanie wouldn't use that attack if she didn't think he could take it. She doesn't even use it against Edna. Oh, and, you might not want to tell Easter you were worried. I don't think he'd like that very much." He glanced over at Denku. "You too. What you call unfair Easter would probably say not enough. Just watch."

So watched Denku did. It was certainly a sight to behold. Easter had managed to tank the bolt of pure energy, although not without repercussions. But his wish had managed to heal him enough that he had won the match convincingly. Still, this moment revealed to him why he was always so uneasy around... Easter was blood hungry. He lusted for the battle, Denku could see it. It reminded him too much of his old home... ugh...

"Glad he's on our side," Denku muttered. "And when I said unfair... I meant more that we don't have amazing super powerful moves at our disposal to help fight Godslayers and Legends.... though it seems it wasn't as unfair as I thought...,"

Sky Palace Team Showdown

As Scarlet returned the nod to Groudon, she suddenly felt herself being yanked by the neck. "Gah!" Turning, she saw Solgaleo had grabbed her. He greeted her to the table, before inquiring about how she was able to manage to deal with Groudon's fire.

"Ahh, Groudon's fire..." She said, grabbing some fruit off of the table. "Well... to put it simply... I just did my best to not get hit by it." She took a nibble out of the berry in her hand. "Which is a lot harder than I'm making it out to be, but with my mobility I was able to do it."

As the various conversations went on, eventually Magearna showed up to take them to Rayquaza for their next mission. "Well, it looks like the boss man is calling for us..." Scarlet said, getting out of her seat with one last beery in her mouth. "I'll see you lot later." With a wave of her pincers, she gathered with the others and made her way behind Magearna.

x393wz.jpg

"I will make this quick. We have found the location of another Legend. In the worst possible way. To be blunt this will be much more difficult than your previous fight. I would much prefer one of us to go but...she is, shall we say, not fond of other Legends. You very well could die in this fight so if you wish to leave now this will be your only chance."

"Hmm..." Scarlet simply muttered to herself. "More dangerous than the last..." That was  intimidating, considering the struggle they had with Groudon. And yet, they had managed to get Groudon despite how dangerous it was. They had to at least try. "I'll go." Scarlet said, turning to her companions. Her eyes glanced at Isole and Taiga, who had it rather rough in the last fight, more so than her she felt. "I... don't want to force anyone to follow me if you don't want too... but this is something I've gotta do."

Northshore Team Karaoke

"So you're just gonna curl up let the world end!?" Lok  shook his head. "Wasn't the whole reason you're doing this because we defeated one of these maniacs!? Heck, we're in this room with another one. One that we defeated." He gestured towards Nikoria.

He let out a sigh, leaning onto the wall. "To think that a few days ago I would have probably agree'd with you too... " He turned up to the ceiling. "This adventure has really been an eye opener..."

UNOHESy.png

"Um... No? I mean, no, I didn't see nothin. So no worries, yah?"

Good. Nani's tense posture seemed to relax quite a bit as Keanu let her know that he hadn't seen her face. "That's a relief. It's for your own good."

"So, Mimikyu, huh? Wait. You're not going to kill me, skin me, and wear me as a cloak, are you? No, never mind. Ignore me."

Not that he'd be able to see it under the hood, but Nani raised an eyebrow at that outlandish suspicion. "You're a lot prettier than I am, but a flesh suit would be creepy and probably uncomfortable. I'd rather not skin anyone."

"There is a battle approaching. One much bigger than this. Everyone, Legend or otherwise, will have to fight if we are to survive at all. This is not your land. You still may choose to hide from this conflict. There will be a path opened for you and if you choose to take it you no longer will have that choice. I won't tell you what to choose. Your lives, your deaths, are in your hands now."

"Eh? What did she mean?"

Before Keanu could get much of an answer on that front, however, Yveltal had already left. Moreover, that Noctowl the group had talked with before was here, asking if this meant it was over. According to Keanu, it was. That was a relief. Nani would have hated to continue fighting after going out of consciousness, back into it, then lulled into a false sense of security.

"Keanu...Marie...new person...just...remind me of something later. I...I wanna sit down and talk with you guys."

"Yeah...that'll be good. I think...I need to say something too."

Also, Marie had evolved. That was pretty exciting.

"Talking might be a good idea," Nani agreed. She probably had some explaining of her own to do, the more she thought about it.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Sky Palace

"I don't eat much." 

"Don't mean ya don't need to eat now!  It's good for ya!  But I don't think you're gonna change your mind, huh?"  

"And I don't need to meet them anymore than I have...they'll just go away once it's all over." 

"It's nice to have ties up here I s'pose."  Taiga said, scratching her head.  "But I know what ya mean, Ice."  She put a hand on her shoulder, and smiled.  "But I hope you don't think that of me.  Kinda grown fond of having you around."  She let go of her, and backed away to go join the others for second breakfast.  "Don't get used to hearin' that though!  I got a reputation to uphold!  YOU GOT THAT?  Fufufufu!"  she laughed before waving.  "I'll catch ya later then?"  

Ultimately, Magearna appeared after she finished another swim, and told her that there was going to be another gathering in Rayquaza's throne room.  She was less enthused about being briefed this time around, seeing how Rayquaza's demeanor was towards low level Gijinka such as her.  His downward gaze was annoying.

"I will make this quick. We have found the location of another Legend. In the worst possible way. To be blunt this will be much more difficult than your previous fight. I would much prefer one of us to go but...she is, shall we say, not fond of other Legends. You very well could die in this fight so if you wish to leave now this will be your only chance."

"Tch."  Taiga said, crossing her arms.  "I ain't got time to die.  Too much money wasted."  However, she thought about Isole for a moment.  The girl was so young, and she wasn't as strong as the rest of them.  She turned around to voice her concern, but ultimately never spoke up.  Instead, Taiga merely turned around to meet her eyes, and shook her head with a solemn look.  She then turned back to Rayquaza.  "And what I mean by that is: This Sharpedo's ready for a rip roarin' good time!  Fufufufu."  

Susanoo continued to coil around Brooke and Dora. Wild flames were slowly tamed, molded to form the stomach of the Avatar of Fire protectively around them. Whatever she was doing… It wasn’t the normal Susanoo. The fire burned more intensely on the outside, but the pain it caused her was a fraction of the agony she was normally in. Unbidden, a name for the technique suddenly jumped to the forefront of her mind.

Susanoo of the Flame - Stomach Bunker. She wasn’t sure how she knew what it was called, but she was sure that was correct.

"He'll be fine." Captain said. "Apanie wouldn't use that attack if she didn't think he could take it. She doesn't even use it against Edna. Oh, and, you might not want to tell Easter you were worried. I don't think he'd like that very much."

“I don’t care what he likes.” Brooke clutched Dora tighter to her chest to stop the little girl from wiggling. Outside of her bunker, the lightning arrow hit Easter and another shock wave rocked the boat. It couldn’t seem to get through the defensive belly of Susanoo to hurt them, though, bouncing harmlessly off of the burning dome. “They’re both being reckless and stupid!”

A few more clashes, and then Easter came out on top. Brooke saw even from where she was standing he wasn’t happy with the fight ending. Because of course he wasn’t; Easter was a mass of sadism, masochism, and bright pink ribbons all rolled into one androgynous bundle.

He made his way over to them once he caught his breath, grinning in embarrassment. "Hi," he greeted. "I'm sorry if you were waiting on me. I just needed to blow off some steam, if you will," he winced as he accidentally reopened a cut. "But I think I'll refrain from any further fighting, at least for today," he leaned against the side of the ship, letting his weight rest against the railings.

Brooke let the barrier of flames around them disperse. Flames dropped to the ground and rolled out in all directions, bathing Easter in enough heat to dry off his clothes and crust the blood dripping from his cuts. She felt more tired than injured from maintaining the Stomach Bunker. It was a good thing to know in the future. “A little overboard?” she scolded, setting Dora on the ground now that everything was safe. “Easter you don’t need me to tell you how stupid that was. Why go so far? We were worried about you!”

Team Mac, Day 31, Mushroom Forest

"I don't think that's funny at all. I think I understand what you mean...this time,"

Mac gave Ari an almost shy smile at his words. A smile that turned into a deep frown which ended in Mac sticking her tongue out at the boy childishly and bopping him on the head. "Aren't you supposed to respect your elders or something?" The girl grumbled.

"But, if you wanna show everybody that they can fight for something, you might want to get even stronger than you are now."

"Well I know THAT." Mac huffed. "That's why I wanted this back so much..." She pulled her backpack off and opened it up. Carefully she reached in and pulled out a stone, shaped like a sun, and radiating great energy. "I don't want to use it till I have to but...with this I know I can get even stronger." She looked at the stone longingly for a few more moments before putting it away and straightening up.

"What's going on though? Why are people trying to kill the Legends? I just don't get it...,"

Mac glanced over at Cresselia. She was curious too. She knew that the Legends were strong and people often sought them out for power but this...was much more.

Cresselia seemed crestfallen at this line of conversation. With a deep sigh she sat down upon a knee-height mushroom and crossed one leg over another. "Well you see, Arceus is missing." She stated plainly. "It has been the case for a long time. They simply....stopped. I have no other way of explaining it. Somehow this group, or at least their leader, realized that this meant they'd be weakened. That if they found them somehow they could claim their power for their own."

She looked up at the sky and they could see tears on her face. "It's awful isn't it? That the people have grown to see us in such a way...I can't know for sure what they think but I believe they hope to force Arceus to appear by causing enough trouble, and killing enough of us, to draw them out by instinct. Even if they are missing they are still the Creator, after all."

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 30, S.S Showdown

"I hope I don't have to swab the deck for that,"

"It's okay! Jane is suuuper good at cleaning up!" Solana responded to Easter's muttered words. Which was followed by a very audible cry of alarm as the aforementioned Rotom made her way onto the deck.

"Oh, gosh...oh dear...this might take a while." She muttered before nodding firmly and floating over to the stage with a determined look on her face.

"I do hope Apanie's fine, though,

“Easter you don’t need me to tell you how stupid that was. Why go so far? We were worried about you!”

"Everything will be okay and everything worked out." Captain responded before Easter could reply. "This is the S.S. Showdown after all. The crew here, former or otherwise, aren't like any other person." His face grew a bit more grim. "We're not just a group of pirates, and certainly not a transport ship, much as I'd like it to be that way. When things are dark and the world needs help there aren't many who'd stand up and protect it. Even if they don't realize what they have in their souls yet it's there, I know it." He tousled his hair and gave a laugh. "Arceus I am getting old aren't I." he muttered. Then he flashed Brooke a grin. "I bet I'd look good with some grey hairs though, don't you?"

Meanwhile, Dora was smiling wide up at Easter. "I hope you haven't been getting into trouble without me."

The Wooper's following words seemed rather jarring after Captain's speech.

"I'm a good girl!" Dora proclaimed proudly. "And and and...and you made a star! It was all sparkly! Hehe, you should do it again!"

The innocence of the statement caused Captain to begin to laugh.

As he did, Edna made her way from below deck to Easter. Hands on hips she narrowed her eyes at the Sylveon. "So you beat her? Don't think that means you're the strongest one here got it? Beating one of us isn't the same as beating all of us." She muttered the next part. "Even if they won all their fights before..."

Team Alola, Day 15, Mowloo

The Noctowl gave a curt nod and turned back around, leading the group, Randy carrying Blake, out of the clearing.

They found fighting. Natives and guard members facing off in fierce combat. Already many lay wounded, and in the case of the guards some would not get up again, and it was clear that it would have continued except for the Noctowl calling out in their native language. The other natives stopped and the militia that were facing them hesitantly stopped as well. The natives saw Blake, in Randy's arm, and several cried out in anger, some in despair, but the majority seemed to have a grim acceptance on their face. This majority moved to the others, comforting those who were in grief and holding back those who wanted vengeance.

The Tyranitar, standing tall above the rest, with several wounds visible, looked Randy in the eyes from across the way. His face showed not much expression but he gave Randy a dour nod before calling out. "We are taking our leave. Any who try and continue to fight will be met with deadly force."

The Noctowl stepped forward then. "That will not happen." She spoke once more to her people and then translated for the group. "With Blake gone I am now the leader of our people. I, Eve, voice of the people, will not repeat his mistakes." To the Tyranitar he called out. "I am coming back with you for now. So that we may....discuss....terms." She seemed to struggle with getting the right words out.

She glanced over at Randy, holding Blake, and spoke to him. "Leave him here. My people will handle the burial rites." With that she turned and, walking up to the Tyranitar, they both headed back to the city. Followed by the militia and the group.

---

Eve, with some reluctance on both sides, decided to stay at the militia leader's house until they could fully discuss the matters at hand. Thus it was that she found herself in one of the rooms, awkwardly kneeling on the floor, avoiding the bed and staring out the window. Her door was open and anyone could come in without her realizing it. Though she seemed to intend to be alone it seemed too that she wasn't quite used to the concept of closing doors.

"I never wanted to be the leader. You know that." Eve said. She spoke it in the modern tongue, not her own, as they often used to do when they were younger and wished to keep their talks private. "You used to say that I'd grow into it....You always thought for sure I would be the one to do it. My father was leader, as was his father, and his father's mother, and down and down the line. But I just wanted to sing and dance under the stars. You were the strong one, always. And my father saw that, even as he was dying, even as the madness of age began to take him, you were the one strong enough to lead. And you would...would have been such a good leader. You wanted more for us. You knew there was so much more out there...But in the end you couldn't fight your instincts. You turned as savage as they called us...I'm not going to chastise you though...I think you're doing that enough yourself, you never wanted to be like your father, wherever you are now. I hope you are at peace...I just....wish you didn't have to leave me alone when the world was in such danger."

Team Karaoke, Day 28, Northshore

Gwen followed Nine out of the mansion and, as they made the first few feet outside, she collapsed. Staring at the ground wide-eyed she took some shuddering breaths. "...This is getting to be...far too much." She muttered. "I don't know how people do this. Talk with the gods themselves. And come out just fine. I feel...like my soul was being weighed." She glanced up at Nine, an unusually frightened look on her face. "And I fear it was too heavy."

After the two talked Nine would, with Gwen or otherwise, eventually find their way to where Lok and Fiona were. Startlingly in the same place as the God Slayer.

---

"I'm not just waiting for the end." Fiona snapped. "Don't you get it? This is the way. The way to make things different. If I fight them I'll lose but if I join them then...maybe I can have a say in what the next world is like. You beat two of them, and you got lucky at that. You don't know what you're up against. You haven't seen..." Her eyes widened and she turned towards Nikora, realizing what she had just said in front of him. "I didn't mean that I...I wasn't trying to say..."

He shook his head slowly. "It matters not to me why you fight with us. Or if you choose to face us. Far be it from me to pass judgement."

Team Showdown, Day 30, Sky Palace

"I... don't want to force anyone to follow me if you don't want too... but this is something I've gotta do."

"And what I mean by that is: This Sharpedo's ready for a rip roarin' good time!  Fufufufu." 

"I will....I choose, to fight." Isole said simply.

Rayquaza gave a deep sigh as they answered. "I would prefer more certainty. I do not like sending you out like this...but very well, it is time." He looked at Tianzi. "And you? Silent one? You weren't afraid to speak your mind before."

---

Upon getting Tianzi's answer the group would feel the, growing familiar, pull of wind and energy. The dizzy-spell that ended with them in a new place entirely.

In a burning forest. They might be able to recognize it as the forest in the land just East of the desert they had started their journey. Except now flames licked at the trees. It wasn't so bad just yet that they were unable to breath or see but it did seem to be spreading.

However that wasn't what they had to concern themselves with. They would be able to hear crashing sounds, trees being splintered apart, and a primal, savage, roaring.

And then a few trees nearby came crashing down as the ground rumbled beneath their feet. Suddenly a young woman, the Crobat they had encountered in Deku, was thrown into the clearing and landed near them.

Standing at the edge of the small clearing they had appeared in was a woman in green garb with an expression of deep rage and righteousness. She looked towards the group and her mouth twisted into a snarl.

"You." She spoke to the group, ignoring the girl she had just tossed at their feet. "It was you who set this place ablaze wasn't it? You people dare to come here and destroy. To turn nature into a thing for your own twisted desires. You will now face the Order Dragon, Zygarde, and pay for your trespass."

Without moving a muscle an aura flared up around the woman. An aura so powerful that the group could feel it. And so powerful that the trees standing near her splintered with its very force. Raising her arm a beam of draconic energy shot from the sky, carving a path in the ground in the shape of a Z. And then powerful energy erupted from it, catching each of the group who weren't hit from the initial laser in its blast. Isole dropped to the ground from her Levitation and each of the group would find their abilities suppressed.

UNOHESy.png

When the group had stepped out of the place where they'd been fighting Yveltal - and earlier than that, Blake - they found fighting. The Mowloo militia, the local natives, both sides taking injuries, and some among them clearly not going home that night. It reminded her of that day when she was leaving Alola. But was today a bit different? She'd stood and fought - even if she'd been hiding for a while - instead of just running away.

Yeah, it was different for her at least.

iU8EggM.png

All the same, it was time to head back to Mowloo. Eve had even chosen to stay here until she and the militia leader discussed terms. Nani had gotten the impression that the Noctowl wanted to be left alone right now - despite leaving her door wide open - and so opted to give her the space. Instead, her focus was on the Tyranitar right now. Depending on when Blake had taken over, it could very well have been the natives that started this back-and-forth aggression. If not, then it was probably the militia's fault? In either case, with new leadership for the locals, hopefully that meant relations between the two could be patched up, for everyone's sake.

Which was why she found herself sitting near the guy right now. She'd been quiet for a while upon entering. After all, it had been quite some time since Nani actually interacted with anyone - from her leaving Alola all the way up to the battle with Yveltal just earlier - so finding the right way to start the conversationi was a bit difficult. Eventually, she finally found the words she was looking for.

"With Eve in charge of the natives now, are the two of you gonna see about patching up relations between the town and the natives?"

8GrkkS0.png

Mac gave Ari an almost shy smile at his words. A smile that turned into a deep frown which ended in Mac sticking her tongue out at the boy childishly and bopping him on the head. "Aren't you supposed to respect your elders or something?" The girl grumbled.

"Are you calling yourself an old lady then?" Ari grinned.

"Yeah, that was shockingly actually pretty deep," Kazo commented. "But, if you wanna show everybody that they can fight for something, you might want to get even stronger than you are now. We all should. I, for one, would like to not nearly die every time we run into a Godslayer."

"Well I know THAT." Mac huffed. "That's why I wanted this back so much..." She pulled her backpack off and opened it up. Carefully she reached in and pulled out a stone, shaped like a sun, and radiating great energy. "I don't want to use it till I have to but...with this I know I can get even stronger." She looked at the stone longingly for a few more moments before putting it away and straightening up.

"What is that?" the Litleo asked in curiosity. He hadn't ever seen a stone like that, though...maybe he had seen one. The nameless Whimsicott siblings had one.

Kazo sighed and leaned back. "What's going on though? Why are people trying to kill the Legends? I just don't get it..."

Listening to Cresselia's explanation, Ari started to frown. "So they're just taking advantage of Arceus being gone then? "That's..." he wanted to say it was terrible, but thinking about it, wasn't that the way of life? Lions went after the old and the sick, the weak prey, not the strong prey. It was sad, but not that surprising. "So, the Creator is gone..." he shook his head. Even he had heard of the Creator, but he hadn't heard that they were gone. That wasn't good. And then an awful thought hit him. He couldn't be everywhere at once, and maybe, far away, where he hadn't been, other legendaries had been... "How many have been killed?"

--

m0FODxE.png

"It's okay! Jane is suuuper good at cleaning up!"

"Poor girl," Easter muttered. He had been in her position more than once, so he could empathize.

Denku didn't seem to realize that the Sylveon had returned, lost in his thoughts. "Glad he's on our side," the rock type muttered.

"Aww, you figured it out," the fairy type pouted. "And I was having such fun, too," he winked at the Pupitar, before turning to Brooke, only to be taken aback by a tongue lashing.

“A little overboard?” the Emboar scolded, setting Dora on the ground now that everything was safe. “Easter you don’t need me to tell you how stupid that was. Why go so far? We were worried about you!”

The fairy type winced and was about to defend himself when Captain responded for him.

"Everything will be okay and everything worked out. This is the S.S. Showdown after all. The crew here, former or otherwise, aren't like any other person." His face grew a bit more grim. "We're not just a group of pirates, and certainly not a transport ship, much as I'd like it to be that way. When things are dark and the world needs help there aren't many who'd stand up and protect it. Even if they don't realize what they have in their souls yet it's there, I know it." He tousled his hair and gave a laugh. "Arceus I am getting old aren't I." he muttered. Then he flashed Brooke a grin. "I bet I'd look good with some grey hairs though, don't you?"

"You make me out to be so much better than I am," Easter replied with some embarrassment. "Rei was always more of the hero type than me. And sorry, Captain, but this is one woman you might not be able to charm." He chuckled. "She even managed to resist a dashing Gallade." He sobered slightly as he looked at Brooke. Normally, a tirade like that would annoy, possibly even anger him, but at the moment, and coming from her, he just felt...guilty. "Fighting for me is different than it is for you," he explained. "To me it's a passion, a way of life, you could even say my reason for life." His expression grew distant as scenes of fighting danced before his eyes, his actual surroundings blurred.

An Eevee stretched out a small, scratched-up arm, clawing at the ground desperately as his lungs wheezed for breath. A jeering Mightyena stomped on the arm, digging his boots in cruelly. "Gyahaha," a nearby Druddigon guffawed. "Better go home to your momma, wimp. Oh that's right, they kicked you out." He leaned in, spitting on his face. "Regretting it yet, jabroni?"

"That's enough," a Hydreigon, leader of the pack, stared down at him with contempt. "I think he's learned his lesson. Isn't that right, runt?" he lifted the Eevee up by his shirt with a smirk. "Maybe try evolving before thinking of competing with the big league. But a girly-looking boy like you probably won't even manage that."

He flew away with some parting words. "Take this as a lesson of hard knocks. Learn to fight if you wanna climb to the top."

The Eevee stared after them, one eye almost shut from the large, bulbous bruise over it, the other one narrowing in rage. "You're right," he said, expression clouding over. "You're right, you'rerightyou'rerightyou'reright, heeheeheehee." His voice resounded throughout the clearing in high-pitched giggles, before he cut them off suddenly. "And now that I know you're right, what to do, hmm?" he mused. "Could go home, but they don't want me there anymore. So that means, I have to stay out here, and out here, I have to fight. Right? Right!" he nodded, before his expression darkened, smile turning twisted. "And then maybe we can play together again." He frowned then. "But first...I have to live through this."

"Eheh," Easter grinned bashfully. "I suppose we both got carried away, but at least we had fun."

Speaking of fun, "I'm a good girl!" Dora proclaimed proudly. "And and and...and you made a star! It was all sparkly! Hehe, you should do it again!"

The innocence of the statement caused Captain to laugh. Amidst the laughter Edna made her way from below deck to the Sylveon, hands on hips. "So you beat her? Don't think that means you're the strongest one here got it? Beating one of us isn't the same as beating all of us." She muttered the next part. "Even if they won all their fights before..."

"Don't worry," Easter grinned. "I'll be glad to take you on anytime. Just..." he winced. "Not now. Give it a day or two."

"And maybe I will," he answered Dora, ruffling the Wooper's hair fondly. He had worried for nothing, hadn't he? Snapping his fingers, a ring of glowing pink Swift stars appeared around him, but rather than direct them at the group, he aimed them to the sky above, where they exploded like fireworks, leaving nothing but glittering pink dust that winked out soon afterward. Moves aren't meant to be used like this, he thought. They're weapons, not decorations...but I'll indulge just this once.

--

StUyAql.png

"You're a lot prettier than I am, but a flesh suit would be creepy and probably uncomfortable. I'd rather not skin anyone."

Keanu heaved a quiet sigh of relief. "Thank the Tapus for small mercies."

"You betcha! So now it'd do you better to listen to me more than before."

"Eh, no promises."

"Keanu...Marie...new person...just...remind me of something later. I...I wanna sit down and talk with you guys."

"K'den," he felt his limbs sag as the jolt from his special move wore off. The Pikachu dragged himself after the others, stopping to pick up the mask he had been given earlier, head drooping as he walked. He barely looked up when the Noctowl, Eve, announced the fighting over, couldn't bear to look at the masked natives. While he hadn't fought Blake himself, he had betrayed him nonetheless by letting him die like he did.

When the others headed back to the city, the electric type lingered at the exit to the village, looking back one last time.

It was then that a native approached, one that Keanu recognized as the one who had given him the mask he now carried. "Sorry," he mumbled, knowing that the other wouldn't be able to understand him. "I'm sorry, I couldn't...couldn't stop him. Couldn't save him."

The native lifted their own mask, revealing a gijinka who blinked at him tearfully. The two stared at each other for a long moment before she embraced him in a hug. Shocked at the sudden action, Keanu did nothing for a second, then returned the hug. "Thank you. I know you can't...understand me, but thank you."

Soon, others approached, some the Pikachu had seen earlier, others he hadn't. Children, the elderly, everybody sharing in a moment of sorrow for the Zoroark whose motives had been pure, even if his actions hadn't been. By the time Keanu extricated himself from the huddle, his heart felt lighter, performing a traditional Alolan wave goodbye and smiling as they made their own goodbye. Some sentiments could be understood even across cultures.

He returned to the militia leader's house late just in time to hear the tail end of Eve's speech. Saying nothing, he slipped away to give her some privacy, staring at the mask in his hand before donning it once more in remembrance. It also served to hide his expression from anybody who happened to see him just then.

--

ETbkiW0.png

Veronica panted for breath as she lay on the ground. "This one is tough," she muttered. "Typical." Seeing the others, she sighed. "Oh, you again," despite her haughty tone, the small curl of her lips betrayed her. "Fancy meeting you here. Unfortunately, I'm a little...indisposed at the moment to greet you properly. Many apologies."

"You." The other woman spoke to the group, ignoring the Crobat. "It was you who set this place ablaze wasn't it? You people dare to come here and destroy. To turn nature into a thing for your own twisted desires. You will now face the Order Dragon, Zygarde, and pay for your trespass."

As the woman flared her aura, Veronica could do little more than lie there in pain from her prior injuries. "Run, if you commoners value your lives," she groaned. "Plebeians like you don't stand a chance against a legendary, much less this one."

Oasis Team Showdown

As the group got transported through the winds of Rayquaza, they found themselves in a burning forest. Scarlet let out a gasp as she saw Veronica tossed near them. "Oh, you again, Fancy meeting you here. Unfortunately, I'm a little...indisposed at the moment to greet you properly. Many apologies." There was so much going on, Scarlet wasn't sure how to take it all in. Looking up, she saw what had caused the Crobat so much harm.

"You." Zygarde addressed the group. "It was you who set this place ablaze wasn't it? You people dare to come here and destroy. To turn nature into a thing for your own twisted desires. You will now face the Order Dragon, Zygarde, and pay for your trespass."

Scarlet grit her teeth as she weaved out of the way of the laser. There was no way of convincing her. Not only that, but she felt... strange. Her gigantic fists felt clunkier to her. Not enough for her to be unable to use them, but somehow she felt less confident in her ability to use them.

"Run, if you commoners value your lives," she groaned. "Plebeians like you don't stand a chance against a legendary, much less this one."

Scarlet shook her head. "I hate to break it to you, but we were sent here to deal with..." She took another look at Zygarde. "...that." She said, a bit nervous. Rayquaza wasn't joking when he said that this was gonna be tougher than Groudon. She took a deep breath, doing a short Swords Dance. "Let us begin."

Northshore Team Karaoke

Lok shook his head. "I don't know why you think they'll let you contribute anything..." He simply said, starting to calm down a bit. "You say we were lucky, but last time I checked the deck was stacked against up both times." He got off of the wall, a rather somber look in his face. "It doesn't matter... you seem pretty set on this, and I don't want you anywhere near our team." He started making his way out of the door. "Maybe you'll snap out of it, but until you do... this is goodbye." And with that, he made his way out.

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

-The Village-

-BGM-

Randy could hear it...the sounds of battle, the sounds of fighting...he felt his body tense up with each step he took out of the clearing. The sight was something that he never really expected to see. For a split moment, this reminded him of Alola and the attack that drove him and the others together onto that boat. Nevertheless, he shook his head and remained focused on this task...

The reactions he saw of the natives were of anguish and rage, but nevertheless, he saw the other natives comforting their brethren. His gaze soon met the Tyranitar, who only gave him a dour nod. Randy only gave one back in return.

"We are taking our leave. Any who try and continue to fight will be met with deadly force."

"That will not happen. With Blake gone I am now the leader of our people. I, Eve, voice of the people, will not repeat his mistakes. I am coming back with you for now. So that we may....discuss....terms. Leave him here. My people will handle the burial rites."

Randy nodded at the Noctowl, learning her name being Eve, as he moved and knelt down, laying Blake down in a good location for the natives to take care of the burial. He wanted to say something, but he couldn't just come up with anything at all. Funerals...he never was one to have the right words to say...not even his own father's funeral. That day he was just a blubbering mess of a Torracat.

He stood up, about to turn and leave, until something finally came to his mind, one of those funeral poems or something like that. "...I have let loose...the bonds of earth, to sail on the wings of the wind...alola 'oe, Blake..." he muttered, before finally walking off, heading behind the militia leader and Eve.

iU8EggM.png

-Mowloo - Militia Leader's Home-

He found himself sitting down in a backwards chair, as he leaned on it's back, his arms crossed over and giving his chin some place to rest. This whole ordeal...it went a direction he really didn't expect it to. All he was going to do was help the Mowlooians, save Keanu, and knock Blake down...not go to as much trouble as he did right now...and especially against Yveltal.

Randy shuddered slightly at the thought of their battle against Yveltal, feeling his body tense up greatly.

"With Eve in charge of the natives now, are the two of you gonna see about patching up relations between the town and the natives?"

He looked over at the Mimikyu who spoke to the Tyranitar, only to return back to his thoughts. He saw that Keanu, now wearing one of the masks he was most likely given and the Mimikyu now being in the room. However, Marie wasn't...so maybe she was either admiring her new self, or possibly talking to Eve. After all, out of the group...she seemed to be more in tune with being able to be friendly and negotiate with others. Either way, he figured he'd wait til she got there and possibly til the Tyranitar left to give them some time alone. He really wanted to talk to this little group of his. Still...

"...I think things might actually go smoother...he isn't around to talk them into doing that. ...she actually seems to be wanting to patch things up." Randy finally spoke, exhaling slowly. "So the chances, might be pretty high..."

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Deku 

With another gust of wind, the team found themselves in the middle of a burning forest.  

"Ah man...and I finally got my skin all hydrated again."  Taiga whined.  A gijinka was then roughly flung near them, and into a clearing.  It seemed like they were in the middle of a fight, and a rather rough one at that.

"Oh, you again.  Fancy meeting you here. Unfortunately, I'm a little...indisposed at the moment to greet you properly. Many apologies."

Taiga stared at her, dumbfounded that she was able to keep such a calm demeanor in these stakes.  However, she raised an eyebrow.  

"Who's this broad again?"  Before she got her answer, a loud noise could be heard from beyond the clearing.  Something powerful was coming there way.  It showed itself shortly after, a Green and Black patterned Gijinka.  

"It was you who set this place ablaze wasn't it? You people dare to come here and destroy. To turn nature into a thing for your own twisted desires. You will now face the Order Dragon, Zygarde, and pay for your trespass."

"Do we look like we can use any Fire moves here?  And I thought you legend types were supposed to be smart or somethin'."  The Legend roared, as a powerful force erupted from their body, rattling the very earth around them.  Taiga skirted back from the sheer pressure alone, digging her heels into the ground to not be pushed back any further.  Then, she saw a giant beam shoot into the sky and descend again upon them.  Taiga jumped out of the way, but the attack seemed to keep carving itself in a weird zigzag formation.  From the large tear in the ground, more energy shot forth.  For some reason, being exposed to this energy made her feel slow.  "That doesn't feel very cash money."  She growled.  Watching Scarlet prepare her stance, Taiga did the same.  

"Run, if you commoners value your lives," she groaned. "Plebeians like you don't stand a chance against a legendary, much less this one."

"WHAT'D YOU JUST CALL ME?!  A PLEBEIAN?!"  Taiga shouted, as her fangs coated themselves with a thick layer of ice.  "I'll show you what I'm made of.  And you know what they say?  The bigger they are..."  Taiga dashed in, gliding on water she created beneath her feet.  In front of her face were large jaws made of pure ice that shot from her mouth.  "Hu harher hey hall!"  She said, jumping to use the jaws to clamp down on the Legend's shoulder.  

ZzcS3Rf.png

As Nine and Gwen began to make their way through the streets of Northshore, the Mismagius began to speak up about their confrontation with the legend. While Nine smiled, and seemed to have an answer ready, the girl continued to speak about how heavy her soul felt, looking to him with fright on her face. Concern crossing his face, the Houndoom paused as he asked, "Gwen, are you alright?" 

"No. I most certainly am not."

"Well, what's eating at you? I wouldn't say I'm the purest soul around so what's got you feeling so, "heavy"?

"I'm not sure..." Gwen said, looking a bit annoyed. "I just do is all. I don't know why."

"Hmm," Nine put a hand to his chin while thinking. He hadn't ever experienced the kind of weight that she probably was talking with, and he had gotten quite conversational with most of the legends they had met, bar Regigigas. "Well, was this the first time you felt this way?"

"Maybe? No, no I don't think so."

"Well, we've met seven legends so far, and well, I guess I could definitely get the weighted feeling from Kushiel, man's a legend in his own right. But, was it weighing on you during those times too?"

"I don't know!" Gwen said, looking up at Nine with eyes flashing in anger.

Nine was startled at the sudden anger that the woman lashed out with, but seemed to calm soon and go back to thinking. Nine knew that Gwen wasn't exactly the quickest to anger, which only compounded to the weirdness of what she was feeling. Trying to think of why Gwen would suddenly be feeling this way, Nine eventually reasoned with himself that it probably had to do the source of any and all other weirdness she had been experiencing. Deciding to test something out, Nine's face became more calm as he said,  "sorry. I shouldn't have tried prying like that. But hey, when this is all over, with Jirachi, do you still want to go visit your home?"

She seemed confused for a moment. Then, with a familiarly vacant expression said , "oh, yes...I think I really should."

Patting her on the shoulder, Nine reassuringly said, "Yeah, I'm sure it'll be great to go see your home. But first we gotta go get  Lok and Fiona. So you good to go?"

While Gwen still seemed a bit out of it, nodding only absently with a brow still furrowed, Nine saw this as an opportunity to keep them going. Yet still, he had a feeling that this wasn't going to be something that would blow over and he was both concerned for her sake and curious about just what the towns of Alpha and Omega truly were to make someone like this. As the duo continued their way forward, they eventually found Lok walking by himself and with a wave he said, "hey there Lok. You'll never believe what we found." Then with a small grin he said, "okay, you probably will since it's what we came here for. But yeah, I came  back to pick you guys up since it sounds like some more crazy stuff is about to happen. So come on." Looking around, both in general and at Lok's face, Nine's cheery disposition seemed to falter for a bit as he said, "do you know where Fiona is? I came by to pick her up to before we head out." 

DcxYSU0.png?1

With the fight having ended and both sides having gone their separate ways, a peace of sorts having been established, Marie and co. found themselves back at Mowloo. While the others had first gone their way back to the town head guardsman's house, Marie had merely looked around the town for a bit. Not twenty four hours ago had the it been set ablaze, had people been running in terror and had been strangers been inflicting harm indiscriminately to those who lived here. It was still a painful sight to remember, and Marie still felt very uncomfortable about the whole thing, wanting not to have to experience such a thing again. Yet, at the end of the day, everything here was calm and peaceful, and people were returning back to their daily lives. Seeing this, Marie nodded to herself once more, before going to meet  back with everyone else. Coming in a bit late, she felt as though she had missed something, but calmly sat down all the same. 

Mac pulled out what seemed to be... an evolution stone? Kazo has seen these before, but his kind didn't used them, so he never really looked closely at one before. It was pretty, and reminded him of a star. Cresselia spoke up, answering his question.

"Well you see, Arceus is missing." She stated plainly. "It has been the case for a long time. They simply....stopped. I have no other way of explaining it. Somehow this group, or at least their leader, realized that this meant they'd be weakened. That if they found them somehow they could claim their power for their own." She looked up at the sky and they could see tears on her face. "It's awful isn't it? That the people have grown to see us in such a way...I can't know for sure what they think but I believe they hope to force Arceus to appear by causing enough trouble, and killing enough of us, to draw them out by instinct. Even if they are missing they are still the Creator, after all."

"So they're just taking advantage of Arceus being gone then? "That's..." He paused, causing Kazo to look at him. "So, the Creator is gone..." he shook his head, before asking a question Kazo knew all of them would hate the answer to. "How many have been killed?"

"Let me add to the discussion. What are the Legends doing about it?" Kazo asked. "Or are they expecting us to deal with it?" He muttered as he rubbed his head, his arm being a blur as he got more worked up. "Why would they expect us to deal with it though? I haven't seen anyone beat a Godslayer, hell, we just annoy them until they go away or stronger people come. Whadda hell are we gonna do about that?" 

"Aww, you figured it out," the fairy type pouted. "And I was having such fun, too," he winked at the Pupitar, causing Denku to shake his head.

"I didn't figure it out, since I wasn't actively trying to. It doesn't really matter what's between your legs, after all. He told me," He explained, jabbing a thumb at the captain. Easter turned, only to get chewed out by Brooke.  

“Easter you don’t need me to tell you how stupid that was. Why go so far? We were worried about you!”

"I mean, you were. I was more jealous of the giant super move," Denku admitted dryly. "It's not like we've seen Easter take on bigger and badder," Was he being a dick? He kinda felt like he was.

The captain when on some sort of speech that was probably an attempt to hit on Brooke, so Denku ignored it, instead focusing on Easter interacting with Dora.

"I hope you haven't been getting into trouble without me."

"I'm a good girl!" Dora proclaimed proudly. "And and and...and you made a star! It was all sparkly! Hehe, you should do it again!"

"She was indeed being a good girl," Denku said as he patted Dora's head.  As he did, Edna made her way from below deck to Easter. Hands on hips she narrowed her eyes at the Sylveon.

"So you beat her? Don't think that means you're the strongest one here got it? Beating one of us isn't the same as beating all of us." She muttered the next part. "Even if they won all their fights before..."

"Don't worry," Easter grinned. "I'll be glad to take you on anytime. Just..." he winced. "Not now. Give it a day or two."

​"Competitive lot, aren't you?" Denku commented. "You all really do remind me of my old posse," It was like this whole crew was Sai divided into each crew member. It was so weird. Well, he didn't dislike it. He had a soft spot for that Drillbur after all.

"And maybe I will," he answered Dora, ruffling the Wooper's hair fondly. He had worried for nothing, hadn't he? Snapping his fingers, a ring of glowing pink Swift stars appeared around him, but rather than direct them at the group, he aimed them to the sky above, where they exploded like fireworks, leaving nothing but glittering pink dust that winked out soon afterward. 

Denku had to admit, that was really pretty. He'd miss moments like this when he was gone...

Brooke crossed her arms across her chest. It wasn’t surprising that Easter considered fighting his calling, but it bothered her nonetheless. People who were driven by that sort of need… they had something they wanted to prove. So what was Easter trying to prove?

"I mean, you were. I was more jealous of the giant super move," Denku admitted. "It's not like we've seen Easter take on bigger and badder.”

Brooke shot him a dirty look. “All it takes is one mistake,” she grumbled. Was she the crazy one? Was it weird that she didn’t want to see her friends in danger? “Especially against a ‘giant super move’ like that. That was a Z-move; I think they’re from Alola. We don’t use them around here, but you can’t block them. Not even with Protect.” She had also heard they were incredibly draining. Supposedly, even the strongest Pokemon only had enough energy to use it once.

Above her, Easter filled the sky with bright pink fireworks. Brooke’s demeanor softened upon seeing Dora awestruck by the display.  She walked up behind Easter and Dora, laying her hand on the latter’s shoulder and squeezing softly. “It’s beautiful,” she said quiet enough for only him to hear. Her eyes never left Dora. “That’s why I fight. That little girl right there. … I don’t enjoy it, but… someone has to make sure the kids can be kids, y’know?”

Archived