2 Yugioh Fics for Y'all!

JessicaMuddy

The Two Stories  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the two stories did you prefer?

• Yugioh! Power of Choice
    • Yugioh! Crimson Revolution (WIP name)
    • Neither, they're both bad!

I have been working a bit of two separate stories, and before I continue writing them I want to see which of these stories you guys prefer, so I can put more effort into writing it.

[spoiler=Option 1: Power of Choice]

Yuta Sakamoto looked up at the night sky. It was peaceful, yet he could feel as if something was wrong. Sitting on the roof was quite a relaxing activity for him, though this particular night he felt very uneasy. As Yuta looked at the brightly glowing moon he noticed a miniscule red dot that seemed to be orbiting the giant sphere. He shrugged it off and climbed off the roof, back into his warm and cosy bedroom. After sitting at his desk he picked up him duel monsters deck and sifted through his cards, stopping at his ace monster. “Destruction Gamebeast…” Suddenly, Yuta heard a large banging sound outside of his house, then, his window and door both slammed open, and a small red light poured in from outside the window. He fell to the floor, unconscious.

“Protect… Me…” The faint voice slowly woke Yuta up from unconsciousness, and at first he couldn’t see anything that could talk. As he looked around the room he saw that his deck had been trashed, his bed in pieces and his computer on the floor, with the glass screen smashed. He continued to look around the room for a sign of life, and he noticed a small red light underneath all of the papers that had been spread around his desk. Rummaging through the papers he finally found what he was looking for. “Wait… This bright red light…” Yuta thought back to when he was looking back up at the sky.

“Protect… Me…” The voice once again startled Yuta, but he continued to stare at the red light. It was almost as if it was drawing him towards it. Then, he realised something. What the light was resting upon. “My… Deck? How wasn’t it blown away in the wind?”

“SAVE ME!!!!” Yuta’s room once again erupted into chaos as more things went flying everywhere, yet he continued to watch his deck. It didn’t move an inch. Slowly, the red light began to rise into the air, with Yuta’s deck rising with it. All of a sudden, Yuta grabbed his deck out of the air, and the red light started spiralling throughout the room. “YOU ARE MY HOPE. SAVE ME!!!!” Yuta turned towards the direction of the light, and it shot towards the teenage boy, who had no time to escape its path. It flew directly into his chest, and his body started to glow red. Yuta collapsed.

Yuta woke up in his neat bed, and instantly thought of the events that had happened the previous night. “Was that… a dream? It must have been…” He sat up in his bed, then realized he was holding something. “Destruction Gamebeast?” He muttered to himself. He looked around the room. Everything was in order, his bed, computer, desk, and his deck. He got out of bed and walked over to his deck. As he did so a small shiver ran down his spine. It felt as if something was amiss, yet Yuta couldn’t quite put his finger on it. He picked up the stack of cards, then stuffed the cards into his jacket’s pocket. “Wait… why am I wearing my normal clothes?” He shrugged it off, grabbed his Duel Disk and left the house.

As Yuta walked outside several questions repeated in his mind; ‘Why am I in my normal clothes? What happened last night? What was that red light?’ He made his way towards a run-down looking warehouse quite close to his home, and walked inside. Many duelists were duelling in the warehouse, most of which were rough-looking adults. Yuta made his way over to a duel between one of the adults and a short, but strong looking boy with blue hair.

“C’mon kid, give up this match and hand over that rare card of yours!”

“Like I’ll give up to someone like you!” The boy replied.

“Kid, you don’t know what you’ve got yourself into… Cosmo Queen, obliterate his monster and end the match!” Although it looked like the duel was about to finish, the boy smirked.

“I activate my trap card, Sakuretsu Armour! This’ll destroy your attacking monster.” The royal figure struck the black warrior, who countered the attack and destroyed the monster. “Now Cracking’s effect activates! If I destroy one of your monsters by a card effect, you take 800 damage. This is the end!” The boy laughed.

“No! I was about to win and steal your card!” Several odd looking electric sparks materialized and flew into the adult, reducing his Life Points to zero. The adult stormed off, followed by some other people his age. Yuta approached the victor of the duel, and he turned towards Yuta.

“Hey, Yuta! I was just about to see if you were here. Wanna duel?” Yuta though for a moment before replying.

“I’m not sure… I think I actually want to duel… Him.” Yuta pointed towards a muscly man with tattoo spread all over his body. The blue haired boy stared at Yuta.

“Why would you want to duel HIM?!” He replied, with a concerned look on his face. “What’s WRONG with you?!”

“Calm down Raf, I’m… Feeling really confident today for some reason.” He continued to stare at the man, who had noticed the two had been talking about him. He walked over to the two teenagers, making an intimidating look while doing so.

“Hey, pipsqueaks. What’re you lookin’ at me for, eh?” Raf slowly started to back away from the man.

“H-Hey Yuta… W-We should g-g-get outta here!” He stammered. Yuta continued to stare at the man, who was staring just as hard back at the boy.

“I’m staring at you,” He started “’Cause I wanna beat you in a duel!” The man quickly started to burst into laughter.

“You?! Duelling me?! I don’t have time for that, loser. Now get lost. Go back home to your mommy.” Yuta didn’t stop grinning, even after hearing all the insults.

“But Mister Big Dumb Guy, all of these people are here for a show.” The massive man looked around, and saw that a large crowd had gathered around the two figures.

“Fine.” He said. “But if I win, I’m not only gonna take your rarest card, but your whole deck!” Yuta looked around at the crowd.

“What do you guys think?!” Yuta shouted.

The crowd replied with an extremely loud “DUEL HIM! DUEL HIM! DUEL HIM! DUEL HIM!”

“Then it’s settled,” Yuta said, sliding on his Duel Disk. “Let’s Duel!”

The large man prepared his Duel Disk, and slid his deck into it.

“Let’s duel, pipsqueak!”

[spoiler=Option 2: Crimson Revolution (WIP name)]

“Fredrick Owens, Duel Champion of Franco City... Was I really just duelling him?” Kris lay on his bed, his old house miles away from anything in any direction. “Gah! Who cares? He’s just another guy who duels, just like everyone else, I’m sure he’s been beaten before.” Kris stepped out of his room and into his run-down kitchen. He opened up one of the mossy wooden cupboards, grabbing a bag of chips inside.

“Lucky I picked these up on my way home, or else I would’ve been starving.” As he burst open the packet, Kris read a big paragraph of text printed on the front of the bag in big, bold letters. “The Duel Champion Fredrick Owens proudly endorses the new ‘Big Potato Duel Monster Giveaway Competition’! There is a special and unique card inside every pack. Not only normal and effect monsters, but powerful Synchro monsters too! Try and find the destructive Crimson Hounds, or perhaps the illustrious Dark Burst Dragon!” After scanning through his Deck, Kris reached into the bag of chips in an attempt to grab another slice of potato, only to feel a rectangular piece of plastic. Picking it up, Kris realized it was the promotional card for the little giveaway. Kris only looked at the back of the card, trying to build some suspense for himself.

Unwrapping the plastic, Kris turn the card over, and read the golden writing at the top of the card. “A Synchro monster, eh?”

“Thought these things were always scams with crappy cards. Well, I’m not complaining.” Kris threw the empty packet into the bin and placed the new white-bordered card into his Deck, then walked outside and placed his Deck into his D-Wheel. Just as Kris was about to leave his dump of a house, he heard loud music start playing inside.

Dashing back into the house, Kris searched for the source of the sound. It wasn’t until he heard a familiar voice that he realized its origin. Congratulations! Reaching into his bin, Kris once again picked up the bag of chips, and inside, found another plastic-wrapped card at the bottom of it. You are one of only eight lucky duelists that have been selected to participate in this years Champion Challenge! A happy-sounding Fredrick wasn’t natural, as far as Kris could tell. I, Fredrick Owens, am proud to announce that one of the duelists competing in this eight-man tournament has the opportunity to duel me, and possibly even steal my title of Duel Champion! Now, please turn the card over for details, good luck! Scanning through the text on the back of the card, Kris got back onto his D-Wheel, as he took one final glance at the card, a bright flash illuminated off of it, similar to the flash of a camera.

“Looks... Interesting.” He muttered to himself as he kicked away the stand his motorcycle stood on, allowing him to race through the empty desert, towards several tall towers in the distance.

In one of those tall towers, however, Fredrick loomed over 3 franticly working suited men. “Sir, we’ve found the final duelist, and managed to match his face to a name. He lives several kilometres away from Franco City, and has only been into the city twice. His name is Kris Carter.”

“Kris Carter?! Get the security on that man immediately! He must not enter the city. If he thinks he can sneak his way into another chance to duel me, he’s got another thing coming.” Kris began to pace the room as the 3 men worked faster than previously. “Locate his position and get rid of him. That man is a common thug. He has no business trying to enter a city-wide competition… You!” Fredrick pointed at the man in the centre. “Find out how that man even got one of those potato chip bags out of the city, the damn thief. Security here should be able to detect anything going in or out of the city’s borders.”

Speeding down the black asphalt road Kris saw what appeared to be several bikies ahead of him. Moving closer confirmed that thought, and Kris attempted to converse with them. “Hey boys, what’s up?” Without out a word, the bikie to the left of Kris quickly dashed to the right, almost slamming Kris off of his D-Wheel. The rider to Kris’ right laughed cheekily, then, in a high-pitched squeak, spoke. “Duel Mode engage!” Kris’ gasped as his D-Wheel automatically entered into its duelling state.

[speed World]

“I Summon Beast Named Rhino! When this creature is brought onto the field I can inflict damage to you equal to its attack points, so eat 2000 damage!”

“2000?!” An enraged rhino burst onto the field and slammed into Kris.

[beast Named Rhino Level 4/EARTH/Beast: Cannot declare an attack. During your End Phase: Destroy all monsters you control. When this card is Normal Summoned: Inflict 2000 damage to your opponent. 2000/0]

“At the end of my turn my monster gets destroyed. Go you rat.” The skinny boy sneered.

Kris: 2000/ ???: 4000

“Excuse me? I’m the rat? You’re the one that forced me into a duel and play some cheap burn card in an attempt to intimidate me. My turn!” Kris growled at his worm of an opponent. “Scrawny, pink Mohawk, spiked boots. He’s sure to have some devilish trick in his hand.”

“Both of us get a Speed Counter at the start of our turns.”

Kris: 1/ ???: 1

“I Summon Demolition Warrior, then activate the effect of Spirit of a Burning Soldier, allowing me to Special Summon it if I control another low-levelled warrior monster. Now, time to say goodnight! I tune my Demolition Warrior to my Burning Warrior, allowing me to Synchro Summon this Level 5 monst-” The sound of blaring sirens interrupted Kris’ speech.

CRAP! Franco City Cops’re onto us! Quick boys, spread!” The three bikies quickly evacuated the scene, each travelling in a different direction.

“Kris Carter, this is the Franco City Police Department. You are under arrest for theft of city-exclusive items and attempting to sneak your way into a Franco City-exclusive event while you aren’t a registered resident. Please stop your D-Wheel and surrender now.” Looking behind him, Kris saw two policemen on their own D-Wheels, pursuing him.

“What the hell?! I’m not gonna let you arrest me! I haven’t done anything!” One of the policemen pressed a few buttons on his white and red D-Wheel.

“Duel Mode engage!”

[speed World]

The policeman that set up the duel moved first. “I’ll make this short and sweet for you, criminal. Since I go first and my partner goes second, you won’t be able to stop anything we do! I Summon Enforcer #3 and set a card to end my turn, and at the start of my partner’s turn we’ll all get a Speed Counter.”

Kris: 1/ Cop #1: 1/ Cop #2: 1

“Now, at the start of my turn, my partner’s Enforcer #3 inflicts damage to both you and I, you thug!” The second officer smirked as his teammate’s gun-wielding soldier shot at its two targets.

Kris: 3000/ Cop #1: 4000/ Cop #2: 3000

“Since it’s my turn, I play Enforcer #1, which lets me Special Summon Enforcer #2 from my hand. Each of them can inflict damage to two players equal to their attack instead of attacking, so I’ll do just that!” The two new monsters, both resembling policeman shot at their targets.

[Enforcer #1 Level 3/EARTH/Machine: Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 “Enforcer” monster from your hand. Once per turn: You can inflict 500 damage to two players instead of attacking. 500/1000]

[Enforcer #2 Level 5/EARTH/Machine: Once per turn: You can inflict 1500 damage to two players instead of attacking. 1500/2700]

[Enforcer #3 Level 2/EARTH/Machine: During each player’s Standby Phase: Select two players; both take 1000 damage. 200/1400]

Kris: 1000/ Cop #1: 2000/ Cop #2: 3000

Kris finally got excited. “My turn!”

“Sorry,” the first policeman announced sarcastically. “But it’s game over for you. Enforcer #3 inflicts 1000 damage to you, ending this pathetic battle.” The blue-armoured monster steadied its gun, and shot a cyan blue bullet directly at Kris’ D-Wheel, causing it to topple. Kris fell off his maroon-coloured motorbike, and crashed onto the hard concrete.

Kris woke up in a white room, with nothing in it other than himself, the chair he was sitting on, and in front of him, a short man in a bright orange suit, wearing an evil smirk. “I see you’ve won the competition…” The small man muttered. “But I’m afraid, due to some… Circumstances, we have confiscated your Deck.” Kris looked up at the man quickly with intimidating eyes.

“Er… Do not worry,” the evil smile on the man’s face returned. “We’ll give it back eventually.”

Archived