[Single] Generic Pendulum Tuner monster

The Nyx Avatar

I recently submitted this card publicly, and I had a bit more trouble doing so, considering it is a Pendulum card. Regardless, Cnc is accepted.

OjkgHzR.png

Pendulum Effect:Once per turn: You can pay 1000 Life Points; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your Banished Zone.

Monster Effect:When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower banished monster; its effects are negated, its ATK and DEF become 0, and it is destroyed during the End Phase. When this card is Special Summoned: You can banish the top card of your Deck; until your next Standby Pase, negate all card effects that activate in either player's Graveyard.

This card. Wonderful. Beautiful. But I must admit my bias as a Pendulum Junkie. Its P-Effect is decent even if your deck doesn't rely on PSummons and has a lot of Self-Banishing effects, like Psychics for example. NS and SS effects are pretty fair. But from what I can tell this is a free LV3 tuner possibly every turn, is that okay?

Okay, the graveyard stun effect is completely random and should not be there. Its NS effect is an instant Metaphys Horus with a snatch steal + negate effect but I can get over that. But the Pendulum effect is absurd. It renders Leviair completely useless while in reality Leviair is a great card. That should tell you something.

A Pendulum Tuner that can be used for any Synchro Summon is already broken as a concept since you can use it every turn, more than once, and for free. Maybe that's why generic pendulum tuners don't exist right now. Their impact may be too great, so they have to limit their synchro options (for example luster pendulum).

Archived