Winter 2016 Anime

• 3 weeks later...

I'm actually checking out Active Raid purely because of the OP song. Here's a PV with it that came out just a while ago if anyone wants to check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRmY926Z_ik

And I'm also checking out an anime called Luck & Logic because I want the ED in my life (and I haven't even heard it yet).

• 3 weeks later...

The new season is almost upon us and these are all the shows I'm going to check out/definitely watch:

Active Raid

Ajin

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2

Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi

Dagashi Kashi

Dimension W

Divine Gate

Durarara!!x2 Ketsu

Gate 2

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar

Haruchika

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!

Luck & Logic

Musaigen no Phantom World

Prince of Stride

Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

• 2 weeks later...
I suppose it’s about time for some first impressions. Despite how interesting the new Precure looks, waiting until February doesn’t seem logical. I’ll include the first new ep of the continuing Heavy Object and Osomatsu-san as we'll as some I didn’t find worth creating a thread for, at least not yet. From most-least enjoyed:

1. Koukaku no Pandora - Adorable cyborg yuri love befriending story, with some action thrown in? Yes please.
  2. Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm - This “sci-fi” can fulfill the fantasy I never knew I had, quite nicely I might add. Still wondering about that whole sport thing, but it looks to be interesting no matter the route they choose.
  3. Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut - I’m watching this entirely for Lisha. If it weren’t for the red eyes (and now I realize she actually has a ponytail, not twintails), the fact that she acted tsundere at first makes me think: high school aged Nagi. Kyuun~ But it seems like she may have got the more jerkish aspect out of the way in the first ep, and is already cooling down for Lux. That I do find pretty nice, if it’s at least for the most part true. That and I swear this counts as a mecha, yet I had no idea it was like that at first. It’s another of the many pleasant surprises I’ve been having this season, even though I don’t specifically like mecha.
  4. Heavy Object - It’s kinda cooled down now that I have more experience with it, but I’d still have it break top 5. It’s still kinda hitting the mark as a war story, definitely hitting the mark with its pervy jokes.
  5. Dagashi Kashi - Weird version Candy Store. Entertainingly weird. 
  6. Nijiiro Days - Seems like it could very well be a likable silly shoujo with oddly charming characters.
  7. Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu - It’s truly the girl’s idea to pull a Saekano and it’s like I’m completely neutral so far. I do like some things about it, but not too much, yet I really don’t have anything to complain about just yet, ‘cuz I’m glad she’s actually hiding her b****iness.
  8. Haruchika - This love triangle is looking to be quite the love triangle.
  9. Osomatsu-san - Still hit and miss (like, half & half each ep), but when it hits, it can easily be hilarious. The misses seem to be counteracting the hits too much to actually put it any higher, though.
  10. KonoSuba - I really hope I can get passed how lame Kazuma seems to be. I mean if he really only ever went out for his and his alone "needs". But it was pretty funny like I thought it would be. Still waiting for China's waifu that shoulda been CowCow's.
  11. Musaigen no Phantom World - I have my worries it’ll just be another Kyoukai no Kanata, but on the other hand, I’ve actually enjoyed the first ep more than any of Kyoukai.
  12. Active Raid - Been pretty enjoyable, but it’s the kind of start that has me hoping it’ll improve more than most so far. Considering it is Code Geass’ director, I suppose it just staying entertaining is good enough.
  13. Divine Gate - Besides feeling a little bad for the guy, I overall found this one pretty meh.
  14. Luck & Logic - Besides liking Chloë all ‘round (Gochiusa voice exact was what brought me to it), also pretty meh. 
[spoiler=I should say something about my impressions of the waifus I gave people as I’m actually getting to know them]

CowCow=Misaki=Nya nya purple haired waifu, shoulda been China’s

Mitcher=Tamaki Yurine=Kinda hard headed, I’d blow of introductions too if I was that tired, still super cute

JamesMuddy=Yuuka=We'll, I like her spunk.

Yui=Clarion=Has serious potential to be my seasonal waifu…*shot* but I actually hit the mark pretty we'll, there’s definitely yuri subtext in there, at least. And she let Nene do the thing.

Sethera=Madoka=I don’t know what she’s like. Out of anyone that I’ve seen yet still don’t know, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen her the most. and yet, here’s the thing, she’s definitely not a tsundere!

Archived