Blue-Eyes Universe Dragon

Atypical-Abbie

An Xyz Monster for Normal Monster Decks, that also helps if you use the Spellcaster support for Blue-Eyes.

j1Fu23J.jpg

2 Level 8 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 Normal Monster in your Graveyard and 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; Special Summon the first target, and if you do, the second target gains ATK equal to half the ATK of the first target until the end of this turn. During either player's turn, if a "Blue-Eyes" monster(s) you control is targeted by your opponent's card effect: You can Tribute 1 Spellcaster-Type monster from your hand or side of the field; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it.

Giving your opponent a free monster when all you get out of the effect is a vanilla that can't do anything itself is really weak, especially for a rank 8. It's basically Silver's Cry done worse and put on a monster at spell speed 1 which doesn't do anything for you as you can't even use it unless your opponent can potentially get free cards out of it. At least it doesn't allow them to summon from the deck because that would have made it purely pointless.

The non-targeting is nice and especially not being OPT, and theoretical synergy with Performages or something but it doesn't make the card a better option than something like Felgrand or Kali Yuga which you'd presumably also have access to. I mean then again I've not used the new Blue-Eyes stuff so maybe this is better than I see it being in the context of what those cards offer but right now it looks needlessly weak.

Giving your opponent a free monster when all you get out of the effect is a vanilla that can't do anything itself is really weak, especially for a rank 8. It's basically Silver's Cry done worse and put on a monster at spell speed 1 which doesn't do anything for you as you can't even use it unless your opponent can potentially get free cards out of it. At least it doesn't allow them to summon from the deck because that would have made it purely pointless.

The non-targeting is nice and especially not being OPT, and theoretical synergy with Performages or something but it doesn't make the card a better option than something like Felgrand or Kali Yuga which you'd presumably also have access to. I mean then again I've not used the new Blue-Eyes stuff so maybe this is better than I see it being in the context of what those cards offer but right now it looks needlessly weak.

I mean, I don't really like the idea of just getting a 3000 ATKer like that, but I see where you are coming from. Ehhhhhhh.

Archived