Dubstep

Susie

Dubstep is a genre of electronic dance music that originated in South London, England. It emerged in the late 1990s as a development within a lineage of related styles such as 2-step garage, broken beat, drum and bass, jungle, dub and reggae. In the UK the origins of the genre can be traced back to the growth of the Jamaican sound system party scene in the early 1980s. The music generally features syncopated drum and percussion patterns with bass lines that contain prominent sub bass frequencies. (from Wikipedia)

This is a thread made for pure old school dubstep and modern producers who follow that style, no New Wave Dubstep that takes more Brostep/Electro influence

Examples of True Dubstep (as well as Post-Dubstep and Future Garage)

Skream

Benga

Burial

Clubroot

Distance

Vex'd

Digital Mystikz (Coki, Mala, and Loefah)

Boxcutter

King Midas Sound

Mount Kimbie

James Blake

Kromestar

Pinch

Lapalux

Sepalcure

XXYYXX

SBTRKT

Author

Disclosure

Stagga

Zomby

Kode9

Anatomist

Kryptic Minds

Biome

Rusko

Horsepower Productions

Headhunter

Caspa

Yeah, dubstep's great, as a Londoner myself. Never can say no to like Skream and Burial and stuff.And I'm still waiting for James Blake's album :<

James Blake hasnt released his new album yet? sheet.

I don't see Obsidia on that list.

Truth be told ive never heard of Obsidia

They're both pretty brostep-y. Admittedly, Rusko's in the list at the top though.

Rusko is in there for some of his stuff. Same thing with Caspa his early singles before 2009 were more true dubstep though after that he became Brostep.

I highly recommend him. My favorite electronic musician ever.

I listened to a few tracks of his, his stuff is a little too Brostep to be fit for this thread, these are more among the lines of what original Dubstep is

Archived