Let it be noted that Draco saved YCM

Wahrheit

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if the DN forums had the same issue, since they both run on the same platform..

luvEcN0.png

Edit: Just to spell it out, again, the domain name had expired. The forum server was still online and running fine, but the internet was not pointing at it because the ownership of the domain lapsed. There was a grace period to pay the overdue bill, and I caught YCMaker before the grace period expired, which is how I saved the site. This was specific to "yugiohcardmaker.net" - the domain, not the server it points to - which is why it would have nothing to do with any issues on any other site. Capische?

hush sweet prince

I'm serious, why did it need to be moved? General is slow (I mean, really slow, seriously) and there is at least some substantive conversation happening in this topic (compared to the mostly mindless spam in Misc), even if it has been changing course. There's also the great game of "will the new users ever connect the dots and discover the unicorn" which I don't think the general population of the forum should be deprived of. 

Since another mod locked it, and there were reports, I thought I'd move it to Misc just for safety's sake since it's a bit spammy. Keeping it in General's probably okay though. I was quite enjoying the conversation.

There's a been of back-and-forth on where light conversation should land. Focused topics land in General, mindless spam in Misc, but a light meandering conversation walks the line. So. I might move it back in a bit, I'll see c:

Since another mod locked it, and there were reports, I thought I'd move it to Misc just for safety's sake since it's a bit spammy. Keeping it in General's probably okay though. I was quite enjoying the conversation.

There's a been of back-and-forth on where light conversation should land. Focused topics land in General, mindless spam in Misc, but a light meandering conversation walks the line. So. I might move it back in a bit, I'll see c:

Rai 4 supermod

As a matter of policy, vocalizing concerns is a really good way to get people to change their behavior. If someone were to say, for example, "Hey, users who aren't in the loop are being confused by the conversation in this topic, and it's probably fine to have short replies when everyone is on the same page, but it'd make things easier for us if you could put some more thought and explanation into your posts." - that would probably have a really strong effect! I think most posters are happy to comply with those kinds of requests - or at least, I know I am. On the other hand, when action is taken without communication and everyone participating is caught off guard... there's some confusion, and I think rightfully so.

But lol at the reports.

See, mods, it being in general was holding back the actually-awful posts.

Archived