[Finished]Endet. garlandchaos wins again.

Northern Sage

Here come some scores! Good job everyone. They're ordered by the order in which I received them.

[spoiler=Zanda Panda:]ol0pb8c.png

If you control no Set Spell/Trap Cards, and the only monsters you control are Aqua-Type monsters (min. 1), you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If this card is sent to the Graveyard from the field: You can add 1 "Bubble Breeder" from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Bubble Breeder" once per turn.

Balance/Usability (35)

Flavor (38)

Creativity (15)

=88

[spoiler=Hawk Bishop:]

Gilti-Gearfried%20the%20Magical%20Steel%

Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Cannot be targeted by card effects. At the start of the Damage Step, if a Warrior-type monster you control battles an opponent’s monster: You can make that monster you control gain ATK equal to half its original DEF, until the end of the Damage Step. If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 ”Gearfried the Swordsmaster” from your  hand or deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions.

Balance/Usability (30)

Flavor (40)

Creativity (17)

=87

[spoiler=Dova:]uQofqDa.png

3 Level 4 monsters

Up to twice per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 other face-up monster you control; it gains 500 ATK. This card cannot attack if it has no Xyz Material(s). Once per turn, during your End Phase, if this card has no Xyz Material(s): Destroy the monster you control with the lowest ATK (if it's a tie, you get to choose), and if you do, inflict damage to both players equal to its original ATK.

Balance/Usability (34)

Flavor (40)

Creativity (18)

=92

[spoiler=cardgameking:]Clay Wrap

Equip Spell Card

You can only equip to this card to a "Hero" monster you control. When the equipped card is sent to the graveyard by card effect, target one Spell/Trap card on the field: Destroy it. When your opponent activates an effect that targets a "Hero" Fusion monster you control, you can banish this card from your graveyard: negate the activated card and destroy it.

Balance/Usability (20)

Flavor (33)

Creativity (15)

=68

[spoiler=garlandchaos]

aS8XRQ1.jpg

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard) by banishing 3 monsters from your Graveyard. When you do: You can take 1 "Blaze Accelerator" card from your deck, and either send it to the Graveyard or set it in your Spell & Trap Zone. During your Main Phase 1: You can send 1 other monster you control to the Graveyard; inflict 500 damage to your opponent + its level x200. You can only use this effect of "The Blazing Mars" once per turn.

Balance/Usability (36)

3 monsters is a bit heavy, and its stats aren't terribly fantastic, but the free Accelerator and better Mass Driver helps.

Flavor (40)

Very thematically coherent and true to its roots in keeping its anime abilities and fitting it in with Volcanics.

Creativity (20)

Full score on grounds of approach through incorporating the deck of its user, and semi-unique set of abilities.

=96

[spoiler=Azure Wolf:]GoAlPKS.png

This card gains 800 ATK for each Homunculus Token on the field. If this card destroys a monster by battle, you can Special Summon 1 "Homunculus Token" (Fairy/LIGHT/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 800). If this card would be destroyed you can destroyed, you can destroy all Tokens you control instead.

Balance/Usability (32)

Flavor (40)

Creativity (16)

=88

[spoiler=Enguin:]MfJdFWx.jpg

Target 1 monster you control: The ATK of all monsters you control becomes 0, and if it does, the targeted monster gains ATK equal to the total ATK lost by this effect, also it cannot attack your opponent directly. These changes last until the End Phase.

Balance/Usability (35)

Flavor (40)

Creativity (19)

=94

[spoiler=VCR Cat:]wrTHcmo.png

1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters

Must be Synchro Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. You can choose to not draw during your Draw Phase. If a card(s) is added from your Deck to your hand, this card's effects are negated (this effect cannot be negated). Each time a card(s) is added to your opponent's hand from their Deck, inflict 1500 damage to your opponent.

Balance/Usability (34)

Flavor (37)

Creativity (18)

=89

I forget if there was a rule about questions and such, so I'll just keep it open for a day or so.

Current standings:

1. garlandchaos (95)
  2. Enguin (94)
  3. Dova (92)

...I don't know why I lost points for flavor; my card works as it did in the anime, save for the distinction I made from "drawing" to "adding". Also two other small balances changes that don't change how it's used.

On second thought, yes, that was a bit harsh. The connection to Koi-Koi is there. I'll concede three more points for that.

It's been two days, so I'll just decide final results now.

1. garlandchaos (96)

2. Enguin (94)

3. Dova (92)

4. VCR Cat (89)

5. Zanda Panda/Azure Wolf (88)

6. Hawk Bishop (87)

7. cardgameking (68)

And now the prizes have been paid. Time to go report and possibly plan out the next one with an even harder theme.

Archived