ahwOAVH.jpg

I know I'm not the only one that follows this every week. Please don't tell me I'm the only one who follows this every week. ;_; If someone made a thread in the past or something, do tell and bump it instead but to my memory there hasn't been a thread about that for at least half a year.

In Tokyo, an unchanging despair is lurking. Mysterious man-eating beings, ghouls, run rampant in Tokyo. Living hidden during everyday life, the existence of ghouls, whose true identities are shrouded in mystery, permanently terrorizes Tokyo's residents. At CCG, the sole institution that investigates and resolves cases related to ghouls, Haise Sasaki has been assigned a certain mission. While dealing with the unruly four problem children known as "Quinx", Haise's days of suffering begin...?!

TG:re is a weekly manga and the direct sequel to Tokyo Ghoul that received two anime adaptations(the latter one of which questionably deviates a fair amount from the manga which this is a sequel to). Pretty much every week's been a wild ride so far with this. Reveals after reveals, twists after tweests, how do you keep doing it, Ishida? Discuss.

[spoiler=latest chapter stuff]It was really nice to see some of the post-anteiku raid pre-haise Kaneki. And it was even nicer to see into Kaneki/Haise's head for the first time since the awakening. I wasn't too fond of Kaneki just returning like that, so finding out he's even more mentally unstable was a nice way to balance both.

I'll be honest:

I don't really know what's going on in :re's story. Like, I understand the basic characters, the big-picture stuff that's happening to move the plot forward and other stuff. But there are a lot of characters I don't recognize or care about. In comparison to its prequel manga, there's not as much of a centralized cast. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when I'm a casual reader looking in week by week, I feel like I'm missing some of the story's meat that would make it better than what I'm perceiving right now.

Then again, I wasn't as into Tokyo Ghoul to begin with as the rest of the anime community was. Maybe it's just not for me.

I'll be honest:

I don't really know what's going on in :re's story. Like, I understand the basic characters, the big-picture stuff that's happening to move the plot forward and other stuff. But there are a lot of characters I don't recognize or care about. In comparison to its prequel manga, there's not as much of a centralized cast. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when I'm a casual reader looking in week by week, I feel like I'm missing some of the story's meat that would make it better than what I'm perceiving right now.

Then again, I wasn't as into Tokyo Ghoul to begin with as the rest of the anime community was. Maybe it's just not for me.

it's not too hard to follow, although sometimes it does take a reread of one or two chapters to remember what goes on on a week by week basis. tokyo ghoul(:re)'s a good manga, but the art style can occasionally be too cluttered to follow without the occasional reread. or you can go to manga here every few chapters, the tsukommis can occasionally help follow the chapter by pointing things out that other readers might miss.

Archived