Center an Image?

Dova

Unsure if this is the best place to post this, but I was wondering if someone could, or tell me how I could, find the point on the image, where, if it rotates on that point, it doesn't wobble around, for want of a better word. Like, the best way to find the center of the image as a whole.

[spoiler=Image is Here]ipZyNgR.png

I thought it would be simple, but apparently it's harder than it looks.

Okay, not exactly what I meant. What I have an image which, when it rotates, it wobbles because although it rotates around the center of the image as a whole, the center of the image is not the center of the picture in the image. I was wondering how to obtain that.

Okay, not exactly what I meant. What I have an image which, when it rotates, it wobbles because although it rotates around the center of the image as a whole, the center of the image is not the center of the picture in the image. I was wondering how to obtain that.

Still not following that lol. Do you want the face still while the BG is rotated or something? Do you have an example? 

Trying to get a recording working, but in the mean time let me try again. The face is unevenly placed in the image: Is there a way to make the center of the canvas the center of the face easily?

EDIT: Yeah, but I dunno how to resize the canvas in the exact way.

Well, I don't have Photoshop. I have paint.net, cri.

[spoiler=Anyhow, this]7r2Kn16.gif

So, I want to edit it in such a way that when it rotates, it stays stable. I've tried exacting it in every side, but it still does that.

Should probably be in tutorials at this point...

How does one do that in Paint.net? Whenever I try using the Selection tool I'm a few pixels off (cri when i actually care about that)

If you can't get PS, use GIMP. The path tool is all you would need. 

With Paint.net? How'd you do it?

Well, the problem wasn't finding the center of the image, as I thought, but finding the center of the circle in the image. I just used the circle select tool to select the circle without the sticking out parts, and then recenter the image to the center of that, which made it rotate smoothly.

Archived