Miracle's Sprite Collection #2

MiracleGhost47

Hello everybody! When I first posted here, I didn't expect many art submissions from others. For my first month here, this was the case. Recently, however, the Graphics threads has been bustling with submissions, and it is with the joy of my pixelated heart that the art submitted is my favorite genre; pokemon splices. I know I'm not the best myself, but I hope to help you guys out where I can. 

In an attempt to make my splash in this community, I present my second sprite collection! Please enjoy. :>

Fire%20Sluggard_zpsgvxr8cdh.pngDraco%20Horror_zpskwmput1g.pngDoom%20dragon_zps38pamtkw.pngDa%20Bunney_zpstjlleki9.pngCrystal%20Guard_zpsqh9ui4dt.png

Chaoslither_zpsxbuw6jww.pngChopery_zps1i97goim.pngBlood%20wing_zpsi7wgadum.pngBlazed%20Beast_zpsfub6yw9t.pngBash%20Wolf_zps7zqgigv1.png

'bout time you made a thread

all of these seem off, tbh. While color schemes and execution seem good at first glance, anatomy looks a bit off. That's the thing with pixels. One pixel could mean the difference between a flawless masterpiece and an abomination, though that's a pretty extreme comparison.

imo, I love all of these, but that's only cause pixels have their reputation of botching realism for all the wrong and right reasons.

Post more, let me see more

Crystal%20Guard_zpsqh9ui4dt.png  Chaoslither_zpsxbuw6jww.png

These two are my favs. Making Arbok's fake face a real face is really cool, especially with the way you did it, and the coloring job. .

The otherone is neat. I like how you used slowking's color scheme, and the insectile appendages are a really cool choice. However, I feel like the layering of them (the arms and leggies) could be adjusted a bit, as the ones on our right seem like they could use some shifting. 

Da%20Bunney_zpstjlleki9.png

This is by far the best one you made out of this entire bunch because it's one of the only ones that feels like it's naturally put together with a correct colour scheme. A small criticism on the feet though, borders feel way too thick.

The 1st one is what I can only assume your attempt to make one of the Chandelure line into a modern day lamp? If that's the case, then why is the "neck" position where it is? If it were on the edge of the bottom, then it doesn't really "work" from how top heavy the entire thing is. Also the back part of the base of the lamp feels a little bit too bulky.

The second is the best in concept, but it's completely ruined by your palette choice. The colours used in combination are actually really painful to look at and can make it really hard to tell what this thing actually is. Revise the palette and this is probably the best.

The top right portion of the sprite isn't correctly scratched, the bone is hanging too far off the frame or the frame is too far to the right to make it look natural. It kind of needs to bottleneck a little bit more in order to make Duskull's head look completely natural.

I'm going to skip all of the rest because there's nothing hugely wrong with them that needs pointing out, except for one.

Blazed%20Beast_zpsfub6yw9t.png

That body really needs a lot of work, it's basically just a palette of red when there should be shading in several places...

Da%20Bunney_zpstjlleki9.png

This is by far the best one you made out of this entire bunch because it's one of the only ones that feels like it's naturally put together with a correct colour scheme. A small criticism on the feet though, borders feel way too thick.

The 1st one is what I can only assume your attempt to make one of the Chandelure line into a modern day lamp? If that's the case, then why is the "neck" position where it is? If it were on the edge of the bottom, then it doesn't really "work" from how top heavy the entire thing is. Also the back part of the base of the lamp feels a little bit too bulky.

The second is the best in concept, but it's completely ruined by your palette choice. The colours used in combination are actually really painful to look at and can make it really hard to tell what this thing actually is. Revise the palette and this is probably the best.

The top right portion of the sprite isn't correctly scratched, the bone is hanging too far off the frame or the frame is too far to the right to make it look natural. It kind of needs to bottleneck a little bit more in order to make Duskull's head look completely natural.

I'm going to skip all of the rest because there's nothing hugely wrong with them that needs pointing out, except for one.

Blazed%20Beast_zpsfub6yw9t.png

That body really needs a lot of work, it's basically just a palette of red when there should be shading in several places...

Thanks. I'll see what I can do. 

Archived