Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Anime

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funk's sake, the subbers are back to the non-localised names. (or should I say group #1)

To be fair, a lot of people were complaining about the opposite.  And I can understand that.  When you hear "Ramen" but see "Burgers" or hear "Mayoi-chan" but see "Maya" it's a complete immersion breaker since your brain has to do a double take.  People who are not fans of the games but wanna watch the show to see what it's all about only wind up confused for the sake of something that really doesn't make a difference in the long run.  The Dub will used localized names (assuming a dub does come).

I personally have preference neither here nor there, but I can understand why people would be frustrated to the point of it being reverted to non-localized.

To be fair, a lot of people were complaining about the opposite. And I can understand that. When you hear "Ramen" but see "Burgers" or hear "Mayoi-chan" but see "Maya" it's a complete immersion breaker since your brain has to do a double take. People who are not fans of the games but wanna watch the show to see what it's all about and only wind up confused for the sake of something that really doesn't make a difference in the long run. The dub will use localised names (assuming a dub does come).

I personally have preference neither here nor there, but I can understand why people would be frustrated to the point of it being reverted to non-localised.

To be fair, because I'm used to the localised names of the characters in the games, watching the first episode was somewhat confusing because of the non-localised names having seen said names for the first time, and it was something I had to get used to. I can understand why people were complaining though, I just found it confusing that's all.

We all do. We're so used to English names, we are shocked to see their Japanese ones.

This may be an out there idea, but if this anime series is successful, maybe they'll make the Investigations games into Anime form as well. Would be nice to see those transitions and maybe see a black aura coming from Cammy Meele. Truth be told, in anime form, I would like to have Kristoph Gavin trip over when Apollo yells "I'M FINE!".

bump: New episode came out today. We got some evidence, we know who the culprit is, plus, as a few nice touches, we get to see Dee Vaquez without her scarf hat thing on. If I spelled the name wrong please comment.

Week after:

Manfred: It's time I put my plan into motion. Miles you will be in so much trouble, but this time, Daddy won't be here to save you, and soon, everyone will know why.

December 25th:

Newscaster: And in local news, Prosecutor prodigy Miles Edgeworth has been charged with the murder of mister Robert Hammond, a defense attorney who left the murder of Miles father Gregory Edgeworth unsolved.

After the trial, the P.I.C. watch on a film projector and a silhoueted Blaise DeBeste calls Franziska Von Karma from Germany to tell her about the Defense Attorney who disgraced her father.

Not responding to the above but just my thoughts so far.

The animation is noticeablu low qual and the story just seems lacking without the context of the actual games + the pacing is BLAZING FAST like damn didn't expect mr white to get convicted in like 2 eps (which sucks because there's very little room to development).

I still appreciate it as "extra" PW content so I'm still sticking to watching this, but I definitely see why people would drop this rip

Not responding to the above but just my thoughts so far.

The animation is noticeablu low qual and the story just seems lacking without the context of the actual games + the pacing is BLAZING FAST like damn didn't expect mr white to get convicted in like 2 eps (which sucks because there's very little room to development).

I still appreciate it as "extra" PW content so I'm still sticking to watching this, but I definitely see why people would drop this rip

Well this anime is probably 12 episodes long, so of course they're rushing through it. I mean Cody testifying when he's not in court? What's up with that?

If anything I imagine Turnabout Goodbyes will be 3 episodes, that'd leave 14 episodes to fill in with the DS-exclusive case (if they're using that) and the cases from Justice for All, as the anime has 24 episodes and is an adaptation of the first two games.

24? I thought it was 12. Hmmm... My guess there would be 4 episodes for Rise from the Ashes (if they use it), Lost Turnabout would be at least 1 episode since it's another tutorial in the game, 3 for Reunion and Turnabout, 3 for Turnabout Big Top and three for Farewell my Turnabout.

24? I thought it was 12. Hmmm... My guess is that there will be 4 episodes for Rise from the Ashes (if they use it), Lost Turnabout would be at least 1 episode since it's another tutorial in the game, 3 for Reunion and Turnabout, 3 for Turnabout Big Top and 3 for Goodbye my Turnabout.

To be fair, I can see why some people assumed it'd be 12 episodes because a lot of anime lasts about 12 episodes unless it's stated at the beginning of an anime season that there'd be more. I literally checked Wikipedia (lel) and I found out that the anime was listed to have 24 episodes from a Crunchyroll post that was linked when I hovered over the small 1 next to 24.

To be fair, I can see why some people assumed it'd be 12 episodes because a lot of anime lasts about 12 episodes unless it's stated at the beginning of an anime season that there'd be more. I literally checked Wikipedia (lel) and I found out that the anime was listed to have 24 episodes from a Crunchyroll post that was linked when I hovered over the small 1 next to 24.

If I had to guess, I'd say there would be a special credits theme at the end of the Rise from the Ashes arc, where we see the epilogue of those involved so far. And a teaser where we see Franziska Von Karma reading a newspaper with the article of her father being defeated by Phoenix Wright, and her booking a flight to America to face him. There would also be another epilogue credits for Farewell my Turnabout. And a special end shot where, in prison, at night, Matt Engarde is lying in his bed, terrified of what Shelly de Killer would do to him in his sleep.

Like:

Edgeworth: "We've been searching for Shelly de Killer since the trial. And he's still out there."

And Matt is seen cowering in a corner and a guard yells "Lights out!"

Edgeworth: "Engarde thinks he's safe, but since he hired and betrayed De Killer, he might not sleep well."

Matt is now cowering in his sheets.

Edgeworth: "He now realizes it's not safe to double-cross De Killer. Should he ever fall asleep, he would never... wake up."

You know, I kinda wonder if there will be another anime based on Trials and Tribulations.

And another 24 ep. anime based on Apollo Justice and Dual Destinies.

If I had to guess, I'd say there would be a special credits theme at the end of the Rise from the Ashes arc, where we see the epilogue of those involved so far. And a teaser where we see Franziska Von Karma reading a newspaper with the article of her father being defeated by Phoenix Wright, and her booking a flight to America to face him. There would also be another epilogue credits for Farewell my Turnabout. And a special end shot where, in prison, at night, Matt Engarde is lying in his bed, terrified of what Shelly de Killer would do to him in his sleep.

I think there'll defo be a special epilogue at the end of the last episode, and probs a "to be continued..."-like sequence at the end of Rise from the Ashes, but that's just my opinion.

It's 24 because they are doing the original trilogy, from what I understand.  The DS exclusive case might not even be among them, maybe it will be and be like 2 episodes (like every other case cuz that's apparently what A-1 considers a good pace)

I believe A-1 scenes from cases in the next two games were leaked awhile back.  I thought it would be a game a season but looks like they just decided to cram everything into 24 episodes.  I dropped it a while ago, it's just not good at such a ludicrously paced mediocre quality.

I think there'll defo be a special epilogue at the end of the last episode, and probs a "to be continued..."-like sequence at the end of Rise from the Ashes, but that's just my opinion.

It would be a way to transition from the events of the first game to Justice for All. I mean we were introduced to Manfred Von Karma during the Turnabout Samurai arc in the anime.

It's 24 because they are doing the original trilogy, from what I understand.  The DS exclusive case might not even be among them, maybe it will be and be like 2 episodes (like every other case cuz that's apparently what A-1 considers a good pace)

I believe A-1 scenes from cases in the next two games were leaked awhile back.  I thought it would be a game a season but looks like they just decided to cram everything into 24 episodes.  I dropped it a while ago, it's just not good at such a ludicrously paced mediocre quality.

Actually, it's only for the first two games. Doubt they'd have room for the third.

Archived