[MtG] V I G I L A N C E B O I Z

.Rai

Basically Brian Braun-Duin's build with a few differences. Primarily, 2 Gideon over 1 Jace/1 Ojutai as 4 Ojutai is just overkill. Shifting the curve to 4-drops might be a bit better because of Knight of the White Orchid. Also, redundancy in anthems is just good, because 3-power first strikers should be really well positioned in the format. The fact that Gideon tokens don't get pumped by Always Watching is a bit of a shame, but it is insurance against wrath-y decks. If white weenie exists, it should probably exist as this deck. The 1-drop approach isn't that good while Sylvan Advocate is a thing.

4 Consul’s Lieutenant

4 Knight of the White Orchid

2 Hidden Dragonslayer

4 Reflector Mage

4 Archangel of Tithes

3 Dragonlord Ojutai

4 Always Watching

4 Declaration in Stone

4 Stasis Snare

2 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar

4 Port Town

4 Prairie Stream

12 Plains

4 Island

1 Westvale Abbey

2 Stratus Dancer

2 Lantern Scout

2 Archangel Avacyn

3 Negate

2 Silkwrap

2 Surge of Righteousness

1 Invasive Surgery

1 Dispel

Based on my extremely limited experience with the card, I assume Abbey is just a wall breaker for if the game goes on too long?

I think the two cards that really you either have to have answers to, or you simply should be playing, in the new format are Reflector Mage and Westvale Abbey. I think most decks in the format should be playing a non-zero number of Abbey. And frankly, Reflector Mage is broken, so yeah.

I think this deck, unlike other aggro decks like Atarka Red, actually has a late game, so, yeah, Abbey should be good. Would need testing obviously.

Archived