[MtG - Mardu Support] Glory In Death

Lunar Origins

The first clause should say "died this turn"

Also, don't forget to include that it can only be used during the declare attackers step, otherwise you will be attacking during opponent's draw step and such, and that isn't how the rules work.

Also, the 4 would just be a 4, not a generic mana symbol.

Honestly, errors aside, I really like this card. The first thing that comes to mind is plays with butcher of the horde. Sacrifice a creature to give him haste, then you can use this to reanimate the sacrificed creature, either to hit for more, or to provide lifelink or vigilance. Compared to the typical plays with Bloodsoaked Champion, this is harder on card advantage, but vastly better in terms of mana spent.

Other than wording and ruling stuff, only change I would make is having it exile the creature whenever they would leave the field, like on unearth and whip.

The biggest risk with this card would definitely be loops with cards like eternal witness and archaeomancer, though my proposed change with exiling the creature when it would leave the field prevents many of these.

I assume you meant for battle penance to only last until end of turn.

New wording: Target creature gains first strike, deathtouch, and indestructible until end of turn, and can block an additional creature each combat this turn.

Also, this card is actually insane. In practicality, it reads "2 cmc, destroy 2 attacking creatures" and that is just nuts. It's like the blowout to end all blowouts. An effect like this would be better costed around 4 cmc, and even then it is a crazy good bomb.

Archived