The Angry Birds Movie!

Face McShooty

ab_1sht_fnl_in3drd3d.jpg

So it seems the game where you shoot birds at pigs has become a movie... and honestly, it doesn't look half bad from the trailer plus it's cast and soundtrack is pretty killer!

[spoiler=The Cast]

Jason Sudeikis as Red

Kallan Holley as Young Red

Josh Gad as Chuck

Danny McBride as Bomb

Maya Rudolph as Matilda

Bill Hader as Leonard

Peter Dinklage as the Mighty Eagle

Kate McKinnon as Stella

Sean Penn as Terence

Tony Hale as Ross

Keegan-Michael Key as Judge Peckinpah

Blake Shelton as Earl

Charli XCX as Willow

Anthony Padilla as Hal

Ian Hecox as Bubbles

Tituss Burgess as Photog

Hannibal Buress

Ike Barinholtz

Jillian Bell

Cristela Alonzo

Danielle Brooks

Romeo Santos as Early Bird

[spoiler=Soundtrack]

1. "Friends"   Blake Shelton 3:15 2. "I Will Survive"   Demi Lovato 3:09 3. "Wonderful Life (Mi Oh My)"   Matoma 3:16 4. "On Top of the World"   Imagine Dragons 3:30 5. "Explode"   Charli XCX 3:43 6. "Never Gonna Give You Up"   Rick Astley 3:25 7. "Rock You Like a Hurricane"   Scorpions 3:22 8. "Fight"   Steve Aoki 3:15 9. "Wild Thing"   Tone Lōc 3:57 10. "Sound of da Police"   KRS-One 3:34 11. "Behind Blue Eyes"   Limp Bizkit 3:32 12. "The Mighty Eagle Song"   Peter Dinklage 3:31 13. "The Mighty Red Song"   The Hatchlings 3:26 14. "Medley: Angry Birds Movie Score"   Heitor Pereira

3:35

and here's one of the music videos from the movie!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like the gross out jokes, but the movie as a whole (from the trailer at least) doesn't look as bad as I first pictured.

The concept of the game is so simple and straight-forward that they had the chance to make any sort of plot and it couldn't backfire because we know movies need a plot and Angry Birds's game doesn't quite have one. Looking at it that way I see what they did there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would like them to resemble their in-game counterparts more...but eh.

It seems pretty ok, I'll check it out of anything. Though my expectation is that it will be "6/10" material.

I could be wrong tho~

Archived