.:::The Fortuna Weekly::. (Issue 2 Out!)

Azmania2260

[center]Welcome to the Fortuna Weekly, the new magazine run by me, [url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=10940]Azmania2260[/url], [url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=24997]Cyber Altair[/url], [url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=66229]~Raven~[/url], and [url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=15776]Omegwave[/url] The Fortuna Weekly is a free magazine, but you can go to [url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/showthread.php?tid=37159].::The Fortuna Bar::.[/url], from where you can buy past issues and other cool items.[/center]Welcome to the Fortuna Weekly, the new magazine run by me, [url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=10940]Azmania2260[/url], [url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=24997]Cyber Altair[/url], [url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=66229]~Raven~[/url], and [url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=15776]Omegwave[/url] The Fortuna Weekly is a free magazine, but you can go to [url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/showthread.php?tid=37159].::The Fortuna Bar::.[/url]
[center]-------------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

[center][b]The Special Article[/b][/center][b]

[align=center]Is YCM becoming harsher?

Many people ask this question. They ask it all the time. Has YCM become harsher.

Let's go back to the days when YCM was donned by great people, people like Frunk, people like Bhim, peope like God Kaze.There are hundreds more I can mention. It was truly great then. Contests were more fun, people were friendlier. Everything was good. We even had only one common enemy, Sartorius. He was fun to be around though. After a while, he changed, even he become really nice. It's not that Sartorius was a spammer and all, he was just, like harsh. But funny though. Then, slowly slowly, things got lary. Respect fo moderators decreased, the spamming revolution entered, members left, great members left, and it is now chaos. Now, we make way for the new wave of great members. DJ Osiris, Cybernetic Dragon, Lucas Maximus. But is it truly enough? Definitely not. We always rant about how YCMaker is never there. But have you noticed how YCMake has always been here? YCMake has been here from the very start, and still hasn't left. He could sell this domain, and dump it on someone else, but he still hasn't. Now if there are no more great people to look up to, we need more enforcement. More rules. Less freedom. Cruelty to be kind. And that, has made us bitter.

Alas, YCM has become harsher. And will become even more harsher.

What do you think? At the Fortuna Weekly, we always allow all sorts of comments, and all opinions.[/align]

[center]----------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

[center][b]Games![/b][/center][b]

[align=center]At the Fortuna Weekly, we give you puzzles and games to play and win prizes every week. SO tune in and win a prize!

The Fortuna Weekly is proudly sponsored by [url=www.addictinggames.com]AddictingGames.com![/url] This week's game: The Risky Move

[b][Due to no one entering last tme, the last game is carried over here, and the prize is doubled.][/b]
In this game, we present you a duel situation, in which you must win in an unthinkable move.

Opponent's LP: 10000
Your LP: 500

Your Hand: Megamorph, Ookazi, Double Spell, Premature Burial

Your Field: Amazoness Swords Woman
His Field: Five-Headed Dragon, Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon (equipped with Axe of Despair)

Your Graveyard: Mystical Elf, Black Luster Soldier
His Graveyard: Ookazi, Heavy Storm

He's kept well not to get any cards in the Grave. Most have gone out of play or back to his hand. Looks like Chaos, but it's just not. But there is a way to beat him. What is it? [b]PRIZE: 6 REPS[/b]
Our winner was - kizzi!

If you can submit another way of winning, you get 1 rep! So come on![/align]
[align=center]
-------------------------------------------------------------------[/align]

[center][b]???? of the Week![/b][/center][b]

[align=center][b]Game[/b] of the Week: Mario Kart Wii
[b]Song[/b] of the Week: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg6VXicZIQg]Stop and Stare by OneRepublic[/url]
(Choice 2) [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cqUh4dfgSI]Paramount by Edenbridge[/url]
[b]Food[/b] of the Week: Hamburgers.
[b]Card[/b] of the Week: [url=http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Rainbow_Dark_Dragon]Rainbow Dark Dragon[/url]
[b]Film[/b] of the Week: [url=http://www.streetkingsmovie.co.uk/]Street Kings[/url]

Do you have any ???? of the Week? Make sure it's 4 lettered.[/align]

[center]-------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

[spoiler=[b]Cyber's Stuff[/b]]
[align=center][quote=Cyber Altair]
Member's Talk

[u][i]What do you think about YCMaker's attempt to add new moderater's to the moderating team?[/i][/u]

[quote=Chaos Pudding]
I feel that YCMaker is making the right decision. More needs to be done in the way of controlling the stupidity that goes on in this forum.
[/quote]

[quote=Tyranno Kenzan]
Well, I was thinking of trying to become a mod, but I decided not to because I looked at some forms that some users filled out and wow, they typed about 5 paragraphs!
I think people like Slash, Cyber Altair and Wolf Berserker have the best chances. In my opinion I think kizzi would be a good moderator!
[/quote]

[quote=Spirit of D.M.G]
I personally think it is a great thing. YCMaker needs to find members he can trust to back the other members up. There are times when I see no Mods on at all. I hope YCMaker can change this :D
[/quote]

[quote=God Splice]
I thinks it's a good idea. With the recent events I would say we need more control around here. I'm not sure the count of new members a day, but i know it's up there near the hundreds.

Though what i do think, is that he should take off those Moderators that aren't as active. I mean the only reason to being a Moderator is to help out with the forum, not be as Unactive as possible.
[/quote]

Interview

[quote=groudondjango]
[quote=groudondjango]
[quote=Cyber Altair]
So, for a start can you tell us how was YCM, in your opinion, when you first joined and who do you think were the 'Top Gun's"?
[/quote]
Back in the days when I joined the forum, it was a very enjoyable site and people were a bit more friendly back then. And if you mean "Top Guns" with awesome people, it has to be some Site admins back then, Like Frunk and YCMaker.

[quote=Cyber Altair]
Was it difficult for you at the beginning to blend in or you just fitted in? Also what tips do you have for today's newb's and noob's who want to improve and become Legendary Member's (i dont mean by posts)?
[/quote]
It was difficult to meet other people, but when I started to create cards (and I mean good cards) back then, I was immediatly loved. But only as a cardmaker. Later however, I blended with the people with ease. It was lots of fun.

And the tips to the newb's and noob's:
1. For in the love of god, don't make so called funny cards, they are not funny back then, they aren't funny now.
2. Please post in the right section. If you post a Custom card in the Yu-Gi-Oh section, U R DOIN' IT WRON'!!! There's an entire section of it. HOW THE HELL CAN YOU PEOPLE MISS THAT? PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST.
3. As I said above, if you enter a thread, read it before you post.
4. Most important, [size=xx-large][b]READ THE GOD FORSAKEN RULES!!![/b][/size]. It isn't Rocket Science. If you can't understand the basic rules of the forums, go back to kindergarten were the people learn ABC's and 123's.
5. If you create a deck in the Deck Section, please know how to play before posting a deck.

[quote=Cyber Altair]
What do you usually like to do around the forum and in which forums do you like to "hag out"? What's the reason for that?
[/quote]

I usually hang around the Games, deck and TCG section, but not hanging around a special Person. The reason for that is:
Games: To play fun games
Deck: Because sometimes people need help to make decks better.
TCG: Nothing else then big lulz and/or Epic failure these days.

[quote=Cyber Altair]
have you ever thought of quiting YCM? If so why? What made you stay?
[/quote]

Nope, I'll never quit. Yu-Gi-Oh is one of my favourite hobbies.

[quote=Cyber Altair]
do you think you still have much do give to the forums or it's time for you to let someone else take your place?
[/quote]

If I look around, people still are sometime plain idiotic and insult people for no reason, and I report them. But for the card making, card making tecnolegty has changed and I'll try my best to create better cards.

[quote=Cyber Altair]
Thanks a lot for the Interview. Do you have any last words for our magazine .:::The Fortuna Weekly:::.?
[/quote]

I'm glad we have Crab Helmet as a Mod now, because he is doing a great job as a mod. I hope this forum will stay for a long time.

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Current News]
[u][b]In Search of a New Moderator: The Mod Application Thread Part 2[/b][/u]
About one week ago, the administrator of this forum opened a thread which was predestinated to hit the headlines. It seems that YCMaker took in amount the proposal of many users to hire more moderators in order to maintain this site. According to the latest knowledge, the current number of applications raises up to over 60.

Aside from this, a thread in which you can share your speculations and suggestions with other members has been opened in the General Area as well. At this point the applicants who seem to be one step ahead on the favourites list of many members are Bloodrun, Yankeefan, wolfberserker and God Hunter. It also seems that ForcedSimplicity's chances to become a possible choice for the Cards section may be quite elevated, too.
However, the only person who has a grip on this is YCMaker and we only know that he has been looking through the applications during the last days. We are all looking forward to hearing his decision, which will apparently take into account the advices of the current moderators and which we expect to be published soon. Somehow or other, the Fortuna Weekly will keep you informed about any further proceedings. (~Raven~)[/spoiler]
[/align]

[align=center]The Fortuna Draw

Our winner is........

[size=large]Lucas Maximus![/size]

He wins 60 points!

Thank you for reading the Fortuna Weekly. We hope you tune in next week! Subscribe now, for 5 points and get free advertising on our magazine, and a chance to be interviewed by Cyber Altair.[/align]

[spoiler=Issue 1]
[center]Welcome to the Fortuna Weekly, the new magazine run by me, Azmania2260 and Legendary Member, Cybernetic Dragon. The Fortuna Weekly is a free magazine, but soon, the Fortuna Inn will open, from where you can buy past issues and other cool items.[/center]
[center]-------------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

[center][b]The Special Article[/b][/center][b]

[align=center]This week, a topic was opened up by Supreme Duelist, saying how he thinks YCM is falling. The thread has now been blocked.

In my opinion YCM is indeed falling. I remember when my first day, whe I had joined YCM. I made the mistake of asking a question in the contests section. iI was answered by Derek_Whaley (who used to be called DerekWhale2007). I asked a few times, and got no answer. Then I gotangry and asked in a bad manner. DerekWhale softly said, ''Azmania, this is the wrong section, go and ask in the help section, you will get an answer and please do not shout.'' I apologized sincerely and was so happy at the politeness of the forum. I was welcomed in happily.

Now when a n00b makes a mistake, we all shout at them and neg rep them. I plead guilty of charged wrongdoing. But why is this? I think because YCM is now such a popular website, we have taken it for granted. We have seen so many legendary examples gone and past, we have not many people to look up to and learn from. People like God GAK, God Kaze, Danilus, Derek_Whaley, we do not see them as much as we used to. And apart from that, we have forgotten the main link that brings us together, the card game: Yu-Gi-Oh!. And of course, without Frunk, and
now his successor, Tkill93, YCM would be lost and gone forever.

What do you think? At the Fortuna Weekly, we always allow all sorts of comments, and all opinions. We give the best opinion a prize![/align]

[center]----------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

[center]Games![/center]

[align=center]At the Fortuna Weekly, we give you puzzles and games to play and win prizes every week. SO tune in and win a prize!

The Fortuna Weekly is proudly sponsored by AddictingGames.com! (www.addictinggames.com)
This week's game: The Risky Move

In this game, we present you a duel situation, in which you must win in an unthinkable move.

Opponent's LP: 10000
Your LP: 500

Your Hand: Megamorph, Ookazi, Double Spell, Premature Burial

Your Field: Amazoness Swords Woman
His Field: Five-Headed Dragon, Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon (equipped with Axe of Despair)

Your Graveyard: Mystical Elf, Black Luster Soldier
His Graveyard: Ookazi, Heavy Storm

He's kept well not to get any cards in the Grave. Most have gone out of play or back to his hand. Looks like Chaos, but it's just not. But there is a way to beat him. What is it? [b]PRIZE: 3 REPS[/b][/align]
[align=center]
-------------------------------------------------------------------[/align]

[center]???? of the Week![/center]

[align=center][b]Game[/b] of the Week: Devil May Cry 4 (Brilliant game, awesome graphics, good storyline, fantastic gameplay)
[b]Song[/b] of the Week: Apologize - OneRepublic feat. Timbaland
[b]Food[/b] of the Week: Hot Dogs!
[b]Name[/b] of the Week: Frederick Johnson :D

Do you have any ???? of the Week? Make sure it's 4 lettered.[/align]

[center]-------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

[center]CyberNetic Dragon's Interviews![/center]

[align=center]Today's interview is with CrabHelmet:

[quote=Cybernetic Dragon]
So Crab Helmet, coming from the now infamous "GameFAQ's" you must have faced some difficulty getting to know people, whom were the people you meet and was that one of the things that made you stay here?
[/quote]

I suppose you could describe getting banned on my first day by the site's most popular member as a small roadblock to meeting people here. ^_^

Most of the people I met early on are regulars at the TCG section. Most notable are HORUS, who was integral in getting everyone unbanned, and Darkthorne, whose own site I later joined.

As for why I stayed...I make bad plays in duels on a regular basis, unless I'm using my Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon deck. My strengths are outside of the duel itself - I can look at a card and see how good it is and where it can be used, look at a deck and see how good it is and what needs changing, or look at a combo and see whether using it is worth considering. I discuss things; this site has a large userbase that also discusses things; the choice was obvious.

What did you feel when you became the TCG mod? Did you feel that there were more deserving members? Whom we you chose to be your successor if you left the site for a long period of time or forever?
[/quote]

To be quite honest, becoming a moderator itself didn't really make too much of a difference to me; I know from past experience that the role consists primarily of merging the occasional double-post or locking the occasional spam topic. The fact that I was receiving recognition was a nice bonus, though.

At the risk of sounding immodest, I feel that I did deserve the position most. I created the three-part FAQ on the TCG section, have moderator experience on multiple other sites, and am quite possibly the most active member of the TCG and Your Deck sections - two sections that needed a moderator.

As for who I would choose as a successor were I to resign - I don't really see that as relevant, as YCMaker would almost certainly be the one to select a replacement, and I have no intention of resigning in the near future.

Who in your eyes are the experienced TCG members of YCM?
[/quote]

I'm probably forgetting some, but the first to spring to mind are:

Gravitize me Cap'n!
RedSceptile
Chaos Pudding
b7hamma
PikaPerson
HORUS
Static
[b]Cybernetic dragon[/b]

What do you think about the level of knowledge of the TCG on YCM and do you think it's necessary for members to improve in the TCG and not just the Official Card Grammar and basic knowledge necessary for card making?
[/quote]

The TCG and Your Deck sections have their share of good players, but they also have their share of bad players. One, for example, has recently claimed that Pot of Greed should be unbanned on the grounds that a seven-card combo (3 Allure of Darkness + 3 DARK monsters + Dimension Fusion) is better than a single Pot of Greed. What really annoys me is when they provide no reasoning at all, but merely complain that their opinions are being disrespected when good players disagree with them. The Traditional Decks section, in particular, seems to be a magnet for bad players.

On the other hand, TCG users have improved significantly since I became active a month and a half ago. Azuh, for example, has shown remarkable improvement.

In my opinion, Official Card Grammar is the least important piece of knowledge necessary for card making; as long as the effect is legible, I don't really care whether the wording says "Increase the ATK of this card by 500 points" or "This card's ATK increases by 500 points", or whether the word "Graveyard" is capitalized. The important thing is whether the card is balanced; useful, but not banworthy.

Do you think you should have been given the responsibility of taking care of the Anime section?
[/quote]

The Anime section, for the most part, doesn't really need specific moderator coverage; it's too slow and uneventful, and I wouldn't have anything specific to do there.

Since you have become a mod many good changes have occurred in the TCG section, do you think that i enough and if not what more should be done?
[/quote]

I think that enough has been done. We've got old, unnecessary stickies removed, new, useful stickies added, and a definition of flaming added too, since many YCMers seemed to interpret disagreement or criticism of an idea/opinion/deck as "flaming". The TCG section is now also a lot faster than it used to be, and the Your Deck section has good decks on a more frequent basis.

Other then the TCG, Anime and Deck section where else do you like to post?
[/quote]

I'll sometimes post in the General section and its sub-forums, but the place I go most outside of TCG and Your Deck is the Realistic Cards forum. I evaluate based on balance, so Realistic Cards is like a second TCG to me; the primary difference is that the cards in question don't really exist. I don't actually create cards with the card maker, though, as I can never get pictures that satisfy me.

If you were given to be a mod of a section for one day, what would you pick and why?
[/quote]

Card Trade. :D

Thanks for the interview Crab Helmet. Would you like to add any last words?
[/quote]

Super Smash Bros Brawl's WiFi seems really laggy. Whenever I press a button, my character stands still for about half a second and then moves. Even weirder, this only seems to happen when I use Ike, and it seems to happen with him regardless of whether I'm on WiFi or in a regular Brawl. :o

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/align]

[align=center]The Fortuna Draw

Unfortunately, we don't have subscribers! When we get at least 5 subscribers, we will begin the draw and every week a lucky member will win 5 reps! So come on, it's only 5 points to subscribe!

Thank you for reading the Fortuna Weekly. We hope you tune in next week! Subscribe now, for 5 points and get free advertising on our magazine, and a chance to be interviewed by Cybernetic Dragon.[/align][/spoiler]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My magazine, my old one (The YCM Weekly), began the fad of Newspapers and Magazines. If my magazine wasn't invented, there would be no YCM Paper or Frunk Gazette. My magazine was the original, and no one can surpass that. Not telling you off, but this is what my magazine was and what it will become again.

And no, that's not the key. There's nothing much in his Graveyard. There is another way, however.

Cyber, you changed your name again?! I haven't changed my name since August last year.

Gosh, you people are so undecisive.

LISTEN UP PEEPS!

Last day to grab the winnings. If not, the money will be proceeeded to next week, where the winner will win double the prizes!

YCM, must experience Vacancy, before it go anywhere, we are loosing members, good members

the Forums, have gone Vacant, with the lose of Good, well developed concepts, and threads, so, my opinion,

we go Vacant, there is Vacancy, ban together, and we can have a rebirth of YCM.

Archived