A18144-540403443.1458011180.jpg

First chapter hit the net today.

[spoiler=Chapter 1 thoughts]

What an opening hook. Naruto is presumed dead or gone somewhere, the village was wrecked, and Boruto is/was a missing ninja. I noticed he and Kawaki have the same marks on their arms, so I'm guessing they were comrades outside of the Leaf (or maybe in, who knows) and had a falling out. I wonder why he only has Byakugan in one eye and why does it kind of look like Orochimaru's eye? Maybe the arms are his upgraded Curse Marks?

(if that's true, can't believe they'd recycle that plot again lol)

And it seems like they're retelling the movie first. A little annoying since that means we have at least half a year before new material, but at least they're adding in little details like Moegi being InoShikaCho's leader and other stuff.

Moegi being InoShikaCho's leader and other stuff.

Okay, this actually kind of made me mad. It's very petty, and I might have to distance myself as the story goes on, but I loved the idea of Mirai as their leader, and it would make a lot of sense, both because it's all of the children of Team 10 working together, and also since… you know, Kishimoto actually established that the Sarutobi Clan works with the Yamanaka, Nara, and Akimichi clans. I get that Moegi is so much older than than Mirai that's more likely to be the right age for the job, and it might be because of Moegi serving on the same team as Konohamaru if the idea is that Ebisu's team is leading the new generation, but… look, Mirai should at least have some role to play in the new InoShikaCho's lives.

Allllll these side stories, alllllll these side stories and you decided to start off with Boruto the movie... Would have really preferred if that was the part they continued from (the end of the movie).

2 things that seem to piss people off is the art and the plot. I see nothing wrong with a apocalyptic future scenario, a running theme, at least noticeable from the movie, is that times are changing and things are different with technology. As for the marks on their arms, I think they're curse marks, which don't bother me either. At the end of the day, it comes down to what they do and how they function. What I can see bothering people is the apparent good and evil/sun and moon symbolism. Art is throwing me off quite a bit. I don't necessarily hate but it will take some getting use to.

I'm also going to have to agree with Noxas, I think its cool Moegi is given some relevance. But I think Konohamaru or Mirai would've been a better choice. At the moment I think Mirai is either a chunin or jonin.

Archived