[Cherry Heart] Tyson's Trial

Kyng

N0dTyer.png
6dXzNFs.png?1

Tyson was asleep, his eyes were bagged, his hair ragged and unkempt. In truth he was a mess. He wasn’t ready for the burdens of leading a guild just yet. Combined with the fact he wore a mop of white hair upon his head that only went to make him look older than he actually is on top of his dark and sombre attire and, well, he looked like he was on death’s doorstep! He clearly hadn’t been eating properly too, as he seemed a bit skinnier than what his frame might suggest, his loose and baggy robes clinging to a very frail form as opposed to a healthier, more limber and lithe one.

As Yelena entered the room Tyson snapped awake, shaking his head and rubbing his eyes before cussing. “Mm, sorry, sorry…” He looked towards the three whom she had brought to him with a tired smile, nodding ever so gently as he realized it was three of the four models. “Yes, it certainly should. Thank you Yelena. It was more than evident how sincere he was to his assistant.

Angel expressed concern for the guildmaster’s tired state. It made him chuckle weakly, realizing her concern was well placed but not entirely plausible. He couldn’t rely on Yelena forever, and would have to wield more and more burden - sleeping in was just not possible from how he saw it. A vacation might be what he needed, but Tyson was far too proud to willingly take time off. Especially with the trials he had worked upon. Nonetheless he smiled to the android and stood up, immediately towering over the girls given his height.

“Mm, I’ll think of something.” Tyson said with a soft nod, before collecting his oaken staff and other things. “Right, we’re going to go on a hike. You’ll all have five minutes to gather what things you need - I’d recommend a packed lunch.” Taking his rucksack upon his back he smiled to the girls with a wave. “I’ll meet you all outside the guild’s gate. Don’t dawdle for too long now.” When he spoke he carried such a soft weight to his voice. Like, it was hardly as orderly as Yelena. It was more genuine and caring, fitting if one were to realize he was a father.

The girls were given 5 minutes to pack light for a hike. The quest was ambiguously written, was there more to this? Or, was it just a hike? What did they pack?

It would all come to fruition soon enough. Leaving the room and kindly thanking Yelena once again, and as always apologizing for being a burden to her, Tyson bid goodbye to the guild members he crossed by before waiting just outside the gate.

“Ahh…”

The fresh ocean breeze. The beautiful blue sky perfectly painted with a myriad of white clouds. The singing of the birds in the distant woods, the beautiful vista of the city and its shores...Tyson needed to get out of that cramped up office, he could clearly tell.

zz715eH.png?1

A hike was not exactly what Angela would expect to be the trial, though it's not something really unthinkable too. Five minutes was a ridiculously short time to prepare for one, though. It was to the point of Angela needing to use her wind magic just so she could rush back into her room to take her spear and sword, alongside packing several bundles of lunchboxes. It could be a long trip, so better safe than sorry.

Thinking about it, she felt like she noticed something was amiss when she went through the guild gate. Like...someone that was not supposed to be there, but that probably was just her imagination. It's just a ghost, probably. Either way she went towards Tyson who was waiting already on the outside of the hall, seemingly pretty glad that he could escape the confines of his office for once.

"Alrighty, reporting in, sir!

Uh...you seem pretty tired lately...uh, so....you think I can help in any way so you can feel more refreshed? J-just asking, nothing more.

So, where are we going now, sir?"

A hike? She didn't understand the purpose for this, but Angel thought it would at least do the guild master good to get some fresh air. "Right, I'll get prepared," before she uttered those words Angela bolted out to pack her stuff, thinking to hersel, five minutes did seem like a short amount of time to get ready, but what would Angel pack? She doesn't exactly need food to live, but a few supplies couldn't hurt anyone.

Angel went back to her room and packed a bit of medical supplies and other essentials for the hike. Spark. "Ow, this is becoming a problem... Heh, we're just taking a hike, I should just relax, take my own advice," her eyes wandered to the secret compartment hiding her project, "well... I guess it would be the perfect time to test it..." Angel reached into the compartment and pulled out what seemed to be a weird headset. Spark. "Gah... Just relax, just relax... There we go..." Angel packed the device into her bag and headed outside, Angela was already there and ready to go by the looks of it.

"Hey Angela, youmove really quickly with the wind magic of yours, there one second gone the next heh, heh... Anyways, I packed some medical supplies just in case, no food for me though, don't need it... I guess we just wait for Io."

6dXzNFs.png?1

Tyson smirked with surprise at how fast the girls managed to be. Well, two of the three at least. Angel and Angela, the two angels of Cherry Heart had appeared soon enough and with some time to spare at that. Though it didn’t take too long for Angela to interrogate the guild master’s sleeping pattern and who could blame her? He did look like an utter wreck. With a soft and weak chuckle of guilt and a hint of shame, he shook his head.

“N-no no, I’ll be quite alright thank you.”

Yelena knew he was awful at asking for help.

Alas, Io hadn’t showed up. The five minutes had passed and so with that Tyson decided it was time to get to hiking. He kept to the word, no time to dawdle as he instructed the two girls to follow his lead as they walked along the road. Tyson managed to keep a good pace leading Angel and Angela, though that would be given as they were walking on a road - when they would have to rough it, Tyson’s stamina’d be put to the test.

Walking along with the girls Tyson glanced to the two patiently. “Well then, tell me about your whole hub-bub with the reporters yesterday hm?” Asking curiously he wanted to strive up a bit of conversation in the walk. “They didn’t ask you anything invasive or probing questions I hope. I wouldn’t tolerate them mistreating you mages, especially so early in your careers.” It was evident that the wizard was still mistrusting of the magazine as he was yesterday.

After that little talk the group would diverge from the road down a forest path. They hadn’t gone too far from the guild but it was a good couple of miles. “Right, just down here…” Tyson grunted as he opened up a rickety old fence that effectively opened the path from the road. “Come on now girls, hustle now.” His voice was very fatherly in nature, very caring with just the subtlest but nicest hints of sternness that kept it.

As they walked along the forest path, Tyson glanced to Angela and Angel as he asked them a question. It was a simple one, but intrinsically deep to their world.

“Tell me, girls. What do you consider magic? What is magic, what is it to you?”

zz715eH.png?1

“N-no no, I’ll be quite alright thank you.”

He seems to be bad at lying. Nevertheless, Angela didn't pursue the topic any further out of respect of his decision. He had clearly overworked himself, but perhaps as long as he's able to stand up, it wouldn't be a problem. Io was late, so the guildmaster decided to leave with only her and Angel. If the photographer was still intent on following them, then she'd need to not dawdle for long before she lost their track. The hike was not that problematic at all, though the guildmaster was somewhat struggling with it apparently.

“Well then, tell me about your whole hub-bub with the reporters yesterday hm?

They didn’t ask you anything invasive or probing questions I hope. I wouldn’t tolerate them mistreating you mages, especially so early in your careers.”

"They're just asking the usual questions about us, nothing too personal or anything. The photo session was loads of fun! I'm eager for such an occasion to happen again if fate allows it.

Too bad we didn't get to enjoy the midnight barbecue around the bonfire, but I guess it'd be too much for everyone."

After that question, they continued their trip throughout the countryside, passing hills and small rivers until they've moved several miles from the guild, at which point Tyson opened a rickety fence leading towards a forest path. It didn't look too bad of a thing, but the tone Tyson had when he invited the two to go there felt pretty weird, so Angela looked back at him questioningly as he did so. But she did go through the fence anyway, continuing the quest. But then, Tyson asked an unexpected question.

“Tell me, girls. What do you consider magic? What is magic, what is it to you?”

"...I don't think I can answer that satisfyingly...I mean, I'm bad at theory and...yeah, I think I'm pretty bad at this." Angela answered, somewhat showing a tone of awkward shame as she did so. Academia was never a topic she could ever hope to be able to excel with. Though, after a bit of a pause, she continued her answer.

"But...if I could hazard a guess...isn't it the manipulation of the various different energies and concepts of nature, made possible by a certain attunement and talent innate to people? Like, my wind magic. my mind...my essence is exerting its control towards the flow of air, allowing myself to wield it as much as my control over it could last.

Though there's always things that I can't even know whether it's even magic or not...perhaps like this, for example."

She stepped aside for a bit so Angel and Tyson could see what was behind and around her more clearly. As she did so, unnatural cracks started appearing throughout the area around her, as if someone had broken the reality around Angela. The cracks then soon opened into gaping, unnatural holes, filled with vortexes and swirls of unknown natures, but at times, it also had flashes of imageries contained within the holes. Though, any witnesses should also be able to make out glimpses of red eyes staring at them throughout the holes - red eyes identical with the ones Angela possessed.

"Perhaps this is magic too...but I never really understood what this actually is. They're holes, probably leading to heaven or something, but nothing really could actually pass through them. If this is simply another form of magic, then I guess magic means everything that goes against the proper rule of nature and common sense.

That's that...I guess. I can't answer this properly. I'm pretty bad at this."

It had been a bit since Angel had seen the guild hall, but the hike was a nice change of scenery. “Well then, tell me about your whole hub-bub with the reporters yesterday hm? They didn’t ask you anything invasive or probing questions I hope. I wouldn’t tolerate them mistreating you mages, especially so early in your careers.” Tyson seemed concerned about the reporters which seemed understandable. "Uh, they didn't seem all that bad, I kinda had a nervous time with the questions they asked but once we got to the photoshoot it actually turned out to be a really fun quest." Angel couldn't hide the fact that she enjoyed the quest, it was her first successful quest in the guild and she made some nice friends while she was at it.

They soon came to a fence line that lead to a forest path. Tyson opened the fence and hurried the girls along before asking an unexpected question. “Tell me, girls. What do you consider magic? What is magic, what is it to you?” Angela answered that magic is most likely the very energy and essence in nature, such her wind magic. But she also showed some form of magic she had control over, whatever it was, the very air around her cracked to form unusual breaks in reality, the images in these holes revealed red eyes that were exactly like Angela's, interesting. "Perhaps this is magic too...but I never really understood what this actually is. They're holes, probably leading to heaven or something, but nothing really could actually pass through them. If this is simply another form of magic, then I guess magic means everything that goes against the proper rule of nature and common sense. That's that...I guess. I can't answer this properly. I'm pretty bad at this."

Now it was Angel's turn to guess. "Well... Like Angela, I don't have an exact answer, I would have to say that magic is the essence of all life around us, plants, animals, or otherwise. I mean look at me," Angel contracted and removed the armor around her chest to reveal a glowing blue core encased in metal. "I'm not sure what it is, but this core seems to have magical properties to it, I'm sure of one thing though, without this core, I wouldn't be able to function, what intrigues me is that this core provides very little to my life, almost as if it's powering something else entirely," Angel retracted her armor back into place, covering the power source up. "I guess that's my answer, magic is what provides life to everything, even something like me I guess, heh." Angel let out nervous laugh to show she was done with the question.

iU8EggM.png

DxnodKk.gif

”Oh crap, I’m late! Time for a flash!"

In the midst of considering what to pack and admiring the good weather outside, Io had dozed off into a daydream briefly. Looking around, the other girls were already gone. Finishing packing what little was left to be packed, Io rummaged through her pockets.

”Aha!"

Pulling out a photo of the guild-hall, Io flicked it deftly with a swift motion of her wrist.

”Remember!"

The photo grew exponentially in size, turning into a massive image many times larger than her. Placing her hand against the surface, Io shouted out. ”Time to skedaddle!" The surface of the photo shimmered, as if it had suddenly turned into liquid, and without another second, Io stepped through the photo, disappearing into thin air. Moments later, the photo began to burn up, until only pure white ash was left, and that too soon disappeared.

Stepping into the familiar guild-hall once more, Io immediately took multiple photos of the various exits. There was no time to waste. Reading upon them and their most recent history, it gave away the direction and approximate time to which the rest of them had left. Whew, just a few minutes late. Gotta hurry! Bursting off the ground with a flash, Io charged along the forest path that the others had traversed just minutes ago. At her current pace, she would probably be able to catch up with them in around a minute or two. Being a descendant of a supernatural creature sure had its benefits at times. Not like I want to sprint at full pace or anything though… I’m lazy… Bwegh.

Looking side to side as she searched for any traces of them, Io soon heard their familiar voices. Calling out excitedly, Io went into a full sprint.

”Heyyy! Sorry I’m late!"

It seemed as if the girls - and the guildmaster - were in the middle of a discussion. Tilting her head side to side as she tried to pick herself up again. Luckily, she had arrived soon enough to catch the end parts of what Angel was saying.

”So we’re talkin’ ‘bout magic, huh? That’s a funny lil’ topic. Humans always get their panties in such a twist ‘bout that thin’, but like, it’s as normal and everyday as anything else. To a normal person, it’s ‘cause they ain’t used to seein’ things like that.

It’s like showin’ a card trick to a kid, they’ll think it’s the darndest coolest thing they’ve ever seen. But if everyone in the world did card tricks really well, it wouldn’t be special now, would it?"

Io scratched her head, as she took a moment to catch her breath from the sprint earlier and organize her thoughts.

”Well, I guess I can’t be sayin’ things like ‘Ya humans’ when I’m only a descendant of a s’pernat’ral myself, but like, that’s the gist of it. Get what I mean? It’s just that, it’s normal things. It’s just normal for a different bunch of livin’ things.

It’s like talkin’ ‘bout life. Why are you alive? Why is anything alive alive? What makes something alive? It’s like that spark’a energy that runs through all ya’ livin’ things. That’s what magic’s like. It’s that spark’a extra creative energy that runs through some’uv ‘em."

She pulled out her camera, spinning it around in the palm of her hand, before stopping it so the others could get a closer look.

”For me, I like ta’ spend my magicks through this little thingy people made, ‘cause it’s one’uv da’ darndest convenient things y’all made. I’m not technically limited to it, but it helps, ya’ know. It’s like, sure, anyone could imagine some fantasy, but it’s easier if they got a nice book or cool drawin’ or somethin’, am I right?

I guess most’uv ya’ve already seen the basic one I got. Ya’ know, tellin’ what’s up with the thing I shot? But that’s not all’uv it. I’ve got a few things I’d rather keep a secret for now, ‘cause that’s more fun, but I just used one of the things I had to come ‘ere a bit faster.

If I got a good photo of some place, then I can flick it ‘round and turn it into a quickie portal-of-sorts, which lets me get from place ta’ place mighty quick. So I used that to jump to the guildhall, and then took photos of the exits to figure out which ways’a you guys left. I’unno if any’un else can step through ‘em too, but hey, at least it works for me."

iU8EggM.png

6dXzNFs.png?1

You could tell Tyson was pleased with Angela’s answer to his question on magic. He couldn’t help but laugh a bit, as she seemed to convey a sense of worry in her ability to answer a theoretical question about the nature of magic. In turn she, perhaps accidentally, answered with quite an academically sound response. He would’ve given her top marks at least as it did cover most factual grounds of the nature of magic - what it was, what it does, and its applications. Even with examples of her own magic in turn.
“Well that’s a very objectively sound answer I would say Angela.” Tyson couldn’t not praise such accuracy.

Then Angela did something a bit unnerving. She showed off a magical talent of her’s that seemed to bend and break the laws of reality around her - there was good reason that certain magics were classified as forbidden and their practise would get someone in serious trouble with the Magic Council should such transgressions be broken. Among those forbidden magics were, indeed, reality breaking magic. Now, Tyson was a pyromancer and by no means an expert of magic on the whole. But he had a good grasp of it with his age and he could easily sense the powerful nature behind them.

Gently placing a hand on Angela’s shoulder he quietly whispered to her. “We’ll have to discuss this magic of yours later at your convenience. It might be worthwhile enlightening ourselves on what you’re dealing with here - for the time being try avoid practising it for your company’s well being, hm?” Perhaps he was being overly cautious. After all Angela was still alive here and now, and she had been using the magic, but it was better safe than sorry.

Angel then spoke on her behalf, exposing her nature as an automaton - though in truth it was a horribly kept secret and animated objects weren’t exactly foreign in Arbolia. Tyson did nod approvingly as perhaps it was true. Perhaps magic was the life force of this world. A necromancer might know that better.

As a certain tardy individual had caught up - with Tyson’s brow furrowing in lamentation as he wasn’t a fan of people who were late, but he did have to give her points for actually tracking them down off the beaten path - she gave her own two cents on what magic was. In particular how common it was in this world, even when considering how the majority couldn’t use it; she certainly wasn’t wrong. Magic was very prevalent in the Kingdom of Fraxinus and Mages were heralded as heroes in all regards after all. But she also brought things to a more colloquial pace about how it can even be used for simple convinience.

Tyson nodded to Io softly. “Well, for that well thought answer I suppose I can forgive your tardiness.” He teased her with a raised brow and a sassy smirk, before resuming leading the hike through the woods.

“All your answers touch on a very core principle about how magic works.” Tyson began to speak as the walk went on. “Much like how magic gives Angel life through its use, magic giving Io her camera and magic, as Io stated, being taped into by certain talented individuals - all these direct one’s sense that magic, to use at least, is a tool and us mages the wielders of this very diverse and powerful tool.” Based on how he was going you could tell this’d be a lecture of a rant. “That’s my belief. Magic is a tool - and much like a tool it can be used for both good and evil, those both being determined of course by the relevant perspective. Much like a knife can be used to cut food or used in a theatrical performance it too can be used in an act of crime or even self-defence. It is certainly in how one uses it. Of course, there are certain magics that should not be used by even the most trusted of mages given how powerful they are, but inherently magic itself isn’t good or bad. It is a tool.”

As the rant came to an end they left the woods to an seaside view, a grassy cliffside that overlooked the gorgeous ocean before them. And nearby stood a small little monument that Tyson lead the three girls too. Upon closer inspection the monument was evidently a grave of marble, the chiselled name upon the headstone reading “Jeanne Quichotte” and the Cherry Heart sigil upon the gravestone itself. Though it was square, far too small to hold a person within. Nonetheless it was evidently a beautiful grave kept isolated, quietly hidden in its own little space of peace and tranquillity.

“Tell me, girls, do you know this woman?”

zz715eH.png?1

“We’ll have to discuss this magic of yours later at your convenience. It might be worthwhile enlightening ourselves on what you’re dealing with here - for the time being try avoid practising it for your company’s well being, hm?”

So it was really not something normal. Angela had the fleeting suspicion that this certain magic, the "Heaven's Holes", weren't really the normal kind of magic, if it could be classified as magic in the first place. For now she couldn't really do much with them aside from having them appear along, which allowed her to do some interesting things that might or might not even have anything to do with the holes. She kept what her guildmaster in mind, and listened to what Angel said about Tyson's question. At how she ended up spoiling the fact that she was an android again, Angela couldn't really react with anything else but a sigh. That girl was really bad at keeping this supposed secret a secret, although it seemed that no one was really having much issue with it. Once this would be over, perhaps the two could share some talk, maybe when she also addressed her supposed surprise to her.

Io appeared soon, managing to catch up to them somehow, and still was fresh enough to give a long-winded explanation of what is magic according to her. She...wasn't really a human apparently. Had she said anything about it before? Perhaps Angela was not paying attention when that happened. Io focused on how prevalent magic was in the kingdom and other places, and their usage and role in daily lives. After all, it'd be a waste for someone to have such powers if they couldn't use it to make their lives easier. Tyson was satisfied with her answer enough to not reprimand Io for being late, and the trek continued. Tyson regaled the three with his own answer about magic, about what were they supposed to be and how would they be used. Nothing surprising as Angela tried her best to keep up with his words, but then a part intrigued her from his speech.

"Of course, there are certain magics that should not be used by even the most trusted of mages given how powerful they are, but inherently magic itself isn’t good or bad. It is a tool.”

"What do you mean by that, I wonder? Isn't magic inherently mean we're in control with whatever we're playing with? I never heard something about how some kind of magic are forbidden."

Was it related to her holes? That would explain why he sounded quite concerned about that magic. Angela was busy thinking about the topic for awhile as they went towards the top of the hill and towards the cliff, where they were now faced with the ocean itself. But, more importantly, a grave was there.  Well...it should be a grave. It looked like one, but the size was odd. Angela thought that it's probably belonging to a kid or baby. There was a name written on it. Jeanne Quichotte, with a Cherry Heart sigil on the headstone. The name gave off a saintly vibe, but the tomb itself lacked the certain feeling. Once the four of them were close, Tyson turned around.

“Tell me, girls, do you know this woman?”

"Nope. Didn't ring a bell.

Is she the reason why we're here, and perhaps the main topic of this quest?"

Tyson seemed satisfied with everyone's answers, Io was even able to catch up to the group to give her answer to Tyson's question on magic. He seemed very interested in Angela's as he whispered something into her ear. Angel was curious, but then again, Angela did have a very unusual power.

"Of course, there are certain magics that should not be used by even the most trusted of mages given how powerful they are, but inherently magic itself isn’t good or bad. It is a tool.” A tool? This gave Angel an idea that she never even thought of before. Could she have been made as a tool, something to be used for a means, for good or for evil? This really confused and frightened her, did the guildmaster see her as nothing but a weapon and not a person?

" Y... You don't see me as a tool, do you?" This question was directed towards the whole, Angel needed to know what they thought of her. Before anyone could process the question, the group came upon a cliffside overlooking the ocean. A small grave with the Cherry Heart insignia engraved on it rested on the cliffside, the name of who was possibly buried there was also engraved on it, “Jeanne Quichotte”. “Tell me, girls, do you know this woman?” Tyson asked this as if the girls were supposed to know.

Angela had no clue who it was, but Angel could only guess too. "If I were to guess... Judging from the location and the look of the grave... Is this someone, or was someone, that was important to the guild?"

iU8EggM.png

DxnodKk.gif

After a short walk, the group had arrived at a beautiful cliff, towering over the distant seas below. A plain, marble gravestone shone from the grassy green. Inscribed upon it was a name familiar to Io. Not by knowledge, but of hearing, of fame, of sight. Jeanne Quichotte. The grave wasn’t large enough to hold a human, but that meant little, for Quichotte was no ordinary human.

”Hooh… So she’s finally kicked the bucket after… what, five hundred years? Never heard a speck’a news ‘bout it though. ‘S dat why you’re the new guildmaster?"

Without waiting for a response, Io walked over lightly to the grave marker, bowing her head and closing her eyes for a few moments of silence.

”Oh, yeah. I s’pose I do know her. Well, least I heard’a her. She’s, or rather, was, the old guildmaster, ain’t she? I don’t s’pose this quest is just about paying respects though?"

iU8EggM.png

"What do you mean by that, I wonder? Isn't magic inherently mean we're in control with whatever we're playing with? I never heard something about how some kind of magic are forbidden."

Tyson’s brow rose to this question. In truth it made perfect sense - as a tool it should inherently not be able to do anything unless it was itself being interacted with. Angela’s question wasn’t unfounded, though sadly it was easily answerable.

“Well let me give you an example, Angela.” Tyson started as he smiled. “Let’s say that there is a talented and famous chronomancer - who has the ability to change and manipulate the flow of time. To many that one would be trusted with such a powerful magic, it is safe in their hands to say. However, if there were another chronomancer, one as terrible as ill will itself, he could cause immense harm to the fabric of reality itself. Time is such a powerful force that even a slight adjustment would potentially destroy the fabric of reality. To this aim, the Magic Council have had many mages charter and either restrict, or ban outright, the use of certain powerful magics. In essence, as a tool any type of magic can be used for good and bad. It all depends whom wields it.”

“I’ll tell you more about some magics if you’d like, Angela.” Tyson finished, before turning to Angel whom asked him a different sort of question, but one all the same intriguing.

" Y... You don't see me as a tool, do you?"

It intrigued Tyson as she seemed to be having some sort of existential crisis in that sense. But it did result in the guildmaster chuckling as he shook his head to Angel, explaining his laughter soon after. “No no, I don’t see you as a tool Angel. I think you’re misunderstanding what I said. You yourself are a construct, powerful by that magical device within you. It is that device which serves as a tool, which grants you your life force. I see you as a mage of our guild and a magical construct as a being.”

Misunderstandings like these could be the source of great grief. Fortunately Angel had spoke her mind, for if she had bottled up something like this there could’ve been a fair bit of animosity between them that Tyson’d know nothing of! He had hoped this specific case of his definition of magic cleared up any confusion for the android.

Back to the grave. Angela and Angel seemed to have no idea of who this person was. Io, however, had a better grasp on who she was. Though the way she said things perplexed the guild master. Here he was, the old fart among the company of young girls - or at least it seemed that way, until Io casually suggested hearing news of the death of Jeanne Quichotte. Io didn’t look a day younger than adolescence, clearly she was a lot older than she let on.

“Right you are, Io.” Tyson said as he approached the grave. “Well, about the nature of this woman. Angel, Angela, this is the grave of the last guildmaster of Cherry Heart in its hay day. Her name is Jeanne Quichotte, a valiant warrior, a beautiful spirit.” Tyson explained to the girls, before turning to the three of them. “And yes, Angela, she is the reason we’re here, and is the main topic of this quest. Though I should certainly elaborate.”

With that he gently gestured to the girls to approach the grave as he sat before it, before the beautiful horizon. The sky was a gorgeous, brilliant blue and the clouds were heavenly, flouting with a proud white as the sun shimmered just as radiant as it would in Prunus. The gentle spring breeze blew and rustled the trees delightfully. It seemed this grave was quite a beautiful little place to commemorate this woman.

Tyson began to explain the scenario before them. “You can probably tell this grave is far too small for a body.” It was true. The grave was as sizable as the headstone. “Not only this, but Jeanne Quichotte’s body was never found. She died on the battlefield with the people of her country during the wars. A saint and a warrior you could say. She was commemorated here with her necklace, which rests in the box that lays beneath this stone.”

“Cherry Heart has returned not because of my own personal desire to rekindle the guild. In truth the burdens of a guild master are incredibly taxing and it goes against my desire to travel. So, why would I rebuild Cherry Heart?”

Tyson gestured this question to the girls before returning his gaze to Jeanne’s grave.

“Because this woman asked it of me. For the past seven ever since I arrived in Prunus she appeared in my dreams and explained all this to me. At first I simply thought it was an illusion but indeed, her spirit still lingers in this world. It lingers here, in this grave.” Tyson let out a deep sigh as he glanced over the grave. He hadn’t really told anyone this. Not even Yelena. Though it needed to be said as it made the tasks ahead of them clear.

Not only that, but finally admitting this cleared the burden of the secret from his shoulders for a while.

“The task before us, girls, is a ritual. The Ritual of Resurrection. Necromancy.” Tyson dropped the bombshell as he glanced over the grave. “This is why I told you how magic is, at least to me. Necromancy is a forbidden magic, and one associated with incredible taboo. It is seen as tampering with nature and defying its laws and, in truth, one can be imprisoned for its practise if found guilty of committing such an act.”

“However, Jeanne has lingered for so long because her work here is not done. Her mission, whatever it is, has not been completed. She is looking to me to give her a second chance and I am looking to you three to help me. At least, for this trial and any you should choose to join in the future.”

Tyson took a pause to give the girls ample opportunity to ask questions. After that much of an exposition drop it would be completely logical for them to wish to bombard him with questions. He would answer them in due course, though afterwards he would explain the ritual and how it worked.

“The Ritual of Resurrection is a Necromancy spell, a very simple one as we’re fortunate enough to have an haunted artifact with the spirit of our deceased. This necklace will enable Jeanne’s resurrection. However, we also need to find and give offering. You cannot take a life and not give one in turn. Our offering must be in part body, mind, and spirit, as well as a powerful source of life magic. We have the spiritual component, so we need to recover a body, a trace of Jeanne’s mind, and a source of life magic.”

“This first trial, I will have you three - under my supervision - enter a cave known as the Underoot. I believe inside there is a seed of Yggdrasil, guarded by some sort of behemoth. We need this seed as our source of life magic for the Ritual.”

With that Tyson stood up and smiled to the girls, offering his hand if any needed a help getting up. “So, any questions, or are we good to get moving?”

zz715eH.png?1

"...Necromancy? So, such things aren't only limited to stories..."

As the guildmaster told the three of them about Jeanne, the true guildmaster that was lying in rest, Angela was deep in her own thought. The fact that she was going to participate in the forbidden magic was something very unexpected, and she was not sure on how to react to it. Dead people should just stay dead. That was what she believed all this time. With the option before her, she thought of learning the art properly so she could revive her older sister as the person she could look up for...but she decided to bury that thought as deep as possible. She deserved to suffer. It's all her fault anyway, so Angela shouldn't bother herself in trying to fill that hole and ease the suffering. She might be tortured in hell for all she'd care, and Angela wouldn't bother changing it.

But, the thought of participating in such taboo was something that raised a certain feeling of excitement within her. It's not like she's the type that would care about breaking rules, when her natural gift already broke the rule of nature as is. And well, perhaps she could have a good use to this knowledge later down the line. While reviving her sister would still be out of question, maybe...

“The Ritual of Resurrection is a Necromancy spell, a very simple one as we’re fortunate enough to have an haunted artifact with the spirit of our deceased. This necklace will enable Jeanne’s resurrection. However, we also need to find and give offering. You cannot take a life and not give one in turn. Our offering must be in part body, mind, and spirit, as well as a powerful source of life magic. We have the spiritual component, so we need to recover a body, a trace of Jeanne’s mind, and a source of life magic.

This first trial, I will have you three - under my supervision - enter a cave known as the Underoot. I believe inside there is a seed of Yggdrasil, guarded by some sort of behemoth. We need this seed as our source of life magic for the Ritual.

So, any questions, or are we good to get moving?

"Wait, wait, wait! Why are we jumping straight to the source of the life magic? You said Jeanne's body is not in this tomb, and while the artifact inside could constitute as the second material, isn't the body the most important part of it all?"

Angela couldn't hide her anxiety. She's aware of the potential high chance of screwing everything up in a forbidden magical ritual like this, and if it's a normal occurence, she would've preferred to back down from the quest. But with her intrigue about reviving the dead, the fact that the guild seemingly needing Jeanne to be revived, and with her having gone this far, there's really no other way for her. Perhaps she just need to pay as much attention she could to everything in the process.

Although, hopefully she didn't get the role to chant the rite once it properly started.

“No no, I don’t see you as a tool Angel. I think you’re misunderstanding what I said. You yourself are a construct, powerful by that magical device within you. It is that device which serves as a tool, which grants you your life force. I see you as a mage of our guild and a magical construct as a being.” Angel slightly smiled at the guildmaster's reply to her question, it's nice to know that people saw her as a person and not as a weapon.

Upon hearing the purpose of this quest however, Angel could only tilt her head in confusion, resurrect Jeanne? She knew this quest wouldn't be just a simple hike, but she had no clue that necromancy would be involved. “The Ritual of Resurrection is a Necromancy spell, a very simple one as we’re fortunate enough to have an haunted artifact with the spirit of our deceased. This necklace will enable Jeanne’s resurrection. However, we also need to find and give offering. You cannot take a life and not give one in turn. Our offering must be in part body, mind, and spirit, as well as a powerful source of life magic. We have the spiritual component, so we need to recover a body, a trace of Jeanne’s mind, and a source of life magic. This first trial, I will have you three - under my supervision - enter a cave known as the Underoot. I believe inside there is a seed of Yggdrasil, guarded by some sort of behemoth. We need this seed as our source of life magic for the Ritual.” The Underfoot? Sounds interesting to say the least, Tyson seemed very insistent on bringing Jeanna back to life if he would have the group go into a Beast's lair just to accomplish the ritual, at least he wasn't about let them do it alone.

“So, any questions, or are we good to get moving?” Tyson seemed about ready to go, so Angel just asked something simple compared to Angela's question. "What exactly is this beast we're going to have to deal with?" Spark. "Ow... ignore that."

• 2 weeks later...

"...Necromancy? So, such things aren't only limited to stories..."

Angela retorted upon realizing the type of magic they would be using for the quest. To confirm this point, Tyson could only really nod. It was somewhat relieving to hear that she had heard of it in the form of fables at least, as it suggested the forbidden magics were a relatively guarded secret - or at least enough to keep them safeguarded from the public eye within reason.

Following his question about starting the hunt for the first offering, Angela spoke up once again. "Wait, wait, wait! Why are we jumping straight to the source of the life magic? You said Jeanne's body is not in this tomb, and while the artifact inside could constitute as the second material, isn't the body the most important part of it all?" He had invited such questions but he did have a relatively safe source for such a body.

“In truth, the corporeal form isn’t an issue. However, the guardian of Jeanne’s bones is a bit more of a challenge I imagine, which is why we shall leave it for another time.” Tyson simply explained with a relatively cautious smile. “With this being you girls’ first experience with combat at this guild, I don’t want to throw you into the deep end.”

It was more than evident that Tyson cared a lot for the girls and their well-being. Perhaps it could be said the same for all of the guildmembers given how protective he was over them even surrounding the press who wished to convey them in a good light. From the way he was speaking it was evident that he didn’t want to tax them hard by giving them a challenge that would overwhelm them, even with his assistance. As much as he would be aiding them, this trial was still a trial where he would be evaluating their combat ability, their tactical mindsets, and their ability to work together.

"What exactly is this beast we're going to have to deal with?" Angel’s question was a very sound one. He was tempted not to say in truth, feeling it’d be best for them not to know, to discover their foe and defeat them whilst being unprepared. He was weighing up the benefits of this against their relative safety.

He decided it might be better to give them a hint. “Well, as you’re looking for the Seed of Yggdrasil in the Underoot it would be safe to wager some sort of guardian of nature.” Tyson spoke as he stretched, climbing up from the site to indicate to the three it was time to move. “Could be a dryad. Could be a golem. We’ll have to see.”

With no further questions from the Angel girls, and none from Io, Tyson lead the girls to the entrance of the Underoot. It was a small relative travel though it did take them the rest of their daylight. The most peculiar thing was that, despite the afternoon sun setting on the entrance of the cave, it was filled with what could only be described as an unnatural light. It was odd, peculiar, but certainly not intimidating. It seemed like some sort of enchantment upon the cavern system in order to promote the growth and development of the plant life that grew there.

Tyson glanced to the three once they arrived. “Would you girls like to set up camp for the evening?” Night was approaching, it was a worthwhile consideration to make.

zz715eH.png?1

“With this being you girls’ first experience with combat at this guild, I don’t want to throw you into the deep end.”

He still didn't trust us that much about this...it might be for the best.

So, it was apparent that the four of them had to fetch the necessary parts to conduct the ritual first before anything else can be done, and they're going with the easiest first. Even the fetching the body, the most important part of the ritual, was not something that the guildmaster see as something that the three could handle just yet. It was quite a bummer, but Angela could understand his decision on this.

"What exactly is this beast we're going to have to deal with?"

Well, as you’re looking for the Seed of Yggdrasil in the Underoot it would be safe to wager some sort of guardian of nature. Could be a dryad. Could be a golem. We’ll have to see.”

That didn't sound to be a really bad thing to face. Angela had stumbled upon some of those creatures when she's spelunking around before joining Cherry Heart, and while not all the time she could beat them on her own, they had proven to be a reasonably challenging foes, not something that's entirely way out of reach. Of course assuming things from the start would be a bad thing, but hearing Tyson's explanation still did give her some ease. With the questions done being asked, Tyson then led the three girls to the cave in question after some walking - which surprisingly didn't take as much time as she thought. It was...greener than she thought.

“Would you girls like to set up camp for the evening?”

"I'd prefer if we can clear this as soon as possible, actually. We're still pretty fresh, after all.

Although, I'll listen to what Angel and Io decide when it comes to this. That would be better."

“Well, as you’re looking for the Seed of Yggdrasil in the Underoot it would be safe to wager some sort of guardian of nature. Could be a dryad. Could be a golem. We’ll have to see.” A nature spirit? Well, that didn't sound too bad, certainly something that Angel and the others could handle. A little bit after leaving Jeanne's gravesite, the group stumbled upon the entrance to the Underoot, it was strange but the cave had an unnatural lighting to it. “Would you girls like to set up camp for the evening?” Tyson's suggestion to set up camp was a sound one, though Angela didn't think it was a good idea, she wanted to be done with this quest as soon as possible. "Well, I for one think we should set up camp, the walk from the guildhall to here took quite a bit of time and now seems like the best time to take a breather before moving on," Angel tried to use logic in her answer, it was true that the walk to the Underoot took some time to accomplish, and if the group went into the cave without taking a quick rest first, they may have a harder time dealing with what's in the cave.

Spark. "Ow... I for one... really need to rest... I hope that's ok with you..." Angel couldn't hide the fact that she was starting to glitch, Tyson may not know, but Angela was all too familiar with what can happen, now was a better time than any for Angel to vent off, if they were going to rest anyway, they still needed to hear Io's answer to set up camp.

iU8EggM.png

DxnodKk.gif

Io’s gaze bored into Tyson, a slight uptilt of the corner of her mouth the only giveaway to her bemusement. This was getting interesting quickly. A human wished to attempt the illegal, gravely punishable art of necromancy? She listened to Tyson going on about how Jeanne’s mission was not done and that was why her soul had stuck around or whatever, which frankly, she didn’t believe. From what little she knew of Jeanne, she wasn’t just an ordinary human, and after somehow surviving that long, Io doubted she just up and died randomly. But perhaps it was the truth. Life is random at times. Returning to her super cheerful personality on the outside, Io piped up with a grin.

”I’m all up for it! But’cha know, won’t that behemoth sorta like, not like us taking that seed? Is it okay if we take it? It’s not gonna like, end the world, right?"

As it turned out, Tyson apparently didn’t have a hold of the body they would use either to give Jeanne back her form. Io sighed internally. Was Jeanne just going to come back as some sort of ghost? Would that even be helpful? Ah well.

Soon enough, the group arrived at the Underoot, a verdant cave with an eerily dark inside. What was strange though, was the cave itself appeared to almost glow with an unnatural light. Io hadn’t remembered ever visiting a place like this before in her years of travel. How interesting! Pulling out her camera, she immediately began snapping shots of everywhere around her, only snapping out of her reverie once Tyson asked the group to decide whether to set up camp. Scratching her cheek as she thought for a few moments, Io shrugged.

”That’s fine with me, do whatever you guys want. A camp sounds nice."

With that, she returned to snapping pictures. Once she was done, she’d take a look over them to see what secrets they would reveal to her eyes. Oh the joys of finding great new photo sites!

iU8EggM.png

Io’s camera did a good job capturing the information of the Underoot Cave’s entrance. In doing so, Io’s camera provided her secret information. She found that the cave was actually very small. It consisted of little more than the path before them, and a large clearing, an enormous, rough circular room, its ceiling cascaded in roots and meshed with what seemed to be leaves of trees. It gave off the impression that the room was an invisible barrier upon which trees had grown, though it was not the case - it was true air, and sunlight that would fill the room. The trees above had grown, miraculously, upon nothingness and built a cage of roots and leaves. As much as her information was accurate, it could not decipher the being within the cave, however it did correctly identify a Seed of Yggdrasil- no, a number of them, resting in what seemed like a bowl, upon a plinth, upon a dais, all made of roots and bark.

Though her earlier question was answered, giving off the idea that Yggdrasil Seeds were a common source of life magic, a difficult to acquire but regularly used component, and that the harvesting of one would not damage the environment as another would swiftly take its place - though, her concern for nature was noted by the mage, and applauded.

The night was spent camping. Though given their provisions, they did have to rough it. Tyson kept watch over the young apprentices of the guild - given his sleepless nature it only seemed fitting, though was a possible insomnia developing? If this kept up he might reach a point of fatigue or even collapse. Was something going on that was causing him this disturbed lack of sleep? Regardless the guildmaster did what he could as he watched over the girls until the break of dawn.

The night itself transitioned peacefully, with an almost picturesque dawn-break. The birds sang sweet little songs up in the trees, and there was a soft, gentle wind that caressed the old mage’s worn face. Rubbing his fatigued eyes, he stood up and stretched to notice the sky was just turning brighter. It was a good opportunity to get an early start - if they were lucky, they might be able to return to the guild upon completion around lunchtime.

Tyson woke the girls after a few minutes, giving them some rations to eat for a quick breakfast before they would delve deep into the Underoot. With Io’s information it made it very apparent that there was very little blocking them from their destination, and the internal corridor was very plain and bare. It homed a few holes, evidently woodland critters habituating in the sanctuary, as well as a few insects - mostly ants. Interesting of note, was a crate at the entrance of the large clearing. The crate was destroyed, and behind it was a skeleton’s torso. It seemed whoever the current denizen of the cave was, they were not fond of the crate-bearing individual. To this, Tyson glanced back to the girls. “Can any of you see the rest of the bones?” It seemed odd for a simple skeleton’s torso to be detached from its body.

A keen eye would note the bones were loosely scattered in the clearing beyond. Inevitably the group would move into the room. It was a little dimly lit as dawn was breaking, but it was clear enough to see the current being who resided within the cave. Fitting to Io’s description, it seemed to be a sort of Behemoth - a large, stone-like creature, at least 12 feet long. Its stony exterior must have given it a colossal weight, at the very least 16,000 pounds. It was apparently sleeping, exuding a deep, rumbling noise as it slept. It was evidently an organism, as it had clearly lain feces in the far off corner of the room, as opposed to an animated golem of some sort. It was sleeping at the foot of the rooten dais, evidently some sort of trophy for the creature as it was curled just at the plinth, clearly guarding it.

With this much deciphered, Tyson glanced to the girls and quietly whispered to them. “We currently seem to have an advantage. It is asleep now, though we could try and gamble to sneak and steal a seed from the dais. We could avoid conflict altogether, at the cost of someone being in a very vulnerable position.”

Glancing over to the Behemoth he continued to plan. “Alternatively, we could simply attack it now while it rests. It might give us an advantage to a seemingly difficult fight. We should be able to hit at least one good attack while its still asleep.”

With that, the challenge ahead was posed. A large beast slept beneath their prize, and had to be dealt with, or avoided altogether. How would the girls respond?

zz715eH.png?1

With the majority preferring to rest for the night, Angela accepted the fact that she really did need some rest after yesterday and today's trekking, and the group thus set up a camp. Io made a photo about the cave's insides, and found out about the positioning of the seeds and the tree in question, but also the fact that something really did guard it. It was seemingly pretty big, but Io's image was not that clear in describing it. Angela noticed that Tyson was not really going to sleep for now, and considered to try accompanying him through the night. Perhaps that could ease his mind, eve for a little bit. There was a lot that the guildmaster had been thinking about, and it was pretty disheartening to see him being that burdened by those thoughts, despite him insisting that he was fine. But...despite of her thinking like that, her eyes were starting to feel heavier, and so Angela fell asleep from her fatigue.

The rest wasn't long as Tyson woke the group up not long after, but Angela was refreshed enough from the nap to continue. He gave them some rations to stop them from starving during the dive, and with some little preparations afterwards, they entered the small cave. They walked for a bit until the group noticed the presence of a part of human skeleton near a crate.

“Can any of you see the rest of the bones?”

It was weird for him to ask them the question, but by looking around, Angela noticed the presence of the scattered remains throughout the clearing, and it led towards a room, the room where the seeds were located. She had a bad feeling about it, but Angela and the rest of the group continued their way, and it led towards...a stone-like beast, sleeping before the place where the seeds should be located. It was big, it looked really heavy, and undoubtedly would tear Angela apart if she tried to do something funny to it.

“We currently seem to have an advantage. It is asleep now, though we could try and gamble to sneak and steal a seed from the dais. We could avoid conflict altogether, at the cost of someone being in a very vulnerable position.”

Alternatively, we could simply attack it now while it rests. It might give us an advantage to a seemingly difficult fight. We should be able to hit at least one good attack while its still asleep.”

With a body like that, neither her wind magic nor her spear would put any dents to it. Angel, with her many surprises, and Tyson's formidable magic would be the group's best hope in defeating the beast, since she and Io wouldn't be of much help in felling it. But...in that case, she could try sneaking around it instead. It's risky, but she had her wind magic to hopefully not screw this over too badly. Invisible Air could be a last resort if it's necessary, and Strike Air might help her get the speed needed to run away from the beast if it came to that.

"I-I volunteer to try sneaking. I think I have the best chance of getting close to it.

L-let's go, then."

She took a deep breath after saying her intent to the group, and turned around and started walking. Channeling a bit of wind magic on her shoes to minimize friction and noise made as she walked, Angela also prepared herself so she could cast a coat of Invisible Air around her to buy her enough time had the beast notice her. With those preparations up, she readied herself, and went forward towards the seed bowl. Whatever the result of this, she would be ready for the consequences.

The camp out was a nice rest for Angel, even if she didn't have the fatigue or hunger the others had, she nonetheless appreciate this moment of peace. She even had time to work on her project while everyone was resting, though Tyson himself didn't seem like he was getting much sleep.

When the time came to venture into the cave, Angel was ready for anything, though maybe not a giant rock monster. At least the thing was asleep. “We currently seem to have an advantage. It is asleep now, though we could try and gamble to sneak and steal a seed from the dais. We could avoid conflict altogether, at the cost of someone being in a very vulnerable position.”

Alternatively, we could simply attack it now while it rests. It might give us an advantage to a seemingly difficult fight. We should be able to hit at least one good attack while its still asleep.” Good options coming from Tyson, though the stealthy approach seemed more effective as the creature was asleep. Even still, Angel's blasters could easily pierce the Beast's hide enough for the others to get decent shots in, but the stealth game was their best bet with getting away without injury. They just had to get the seeds and go, simple.

"I-I volunteer to try sneaking. I think I have the best chance of getting close to it.

L-let's go, then." Angela did seem the most qualified for sneaking past the beast, though Io may have a trick too. "Careful Angela, just grab a seed and get out, we just need one," Angel whispered to her as Angela started making her way to the seeds. Spark. "Owww... I'm fine don't worry." Angel whispered to those around her, hopefully her moaning from the glitch wasn't to loud.

The behemoth snorted in reaction to the sound. It shifted a bit in its sleep and began to snore less loudly. The difficult thing was, however, that its long tail had moved and rested over the seed bowl. It seemed to be sleeping less soundly now and the heavy tail would need to be very gently moved to access the seeds.

As Angela approached, it would be breathing less and less loudly until it would seem like its breathing has stopped. Reaching for the seeds would place Angela dangerously deep into its lair and it would be difficult to escape if the behemoth suddenly sprung up...

"...Crud."

Still with her Invisible Air being up, Angela was far from pleased as she noticed the behemoth decided to turn around at the worst timing possible. She couldn't even properly understand the reason why would it even move in an inconvenient manner (for her) like that aside from the fact that fate screwed her once more. Nevertheless, she continued to approach the seed bed while her form was still obscured.

"Now...one..two.."

She only needed one, didn't she? One would be enough for the ritual, so she shouldn't get greedy. But...perhaps two wouldn't hurt? Maybe she'd need it for- nevermind, that would be stupid. Angela carefully treaded her way towards the tail, and gently touched the rocky skin. She tried to move it, but it's just way too big for her to handle. With her small frame, it's just too heavy for her. She started to panic. The creature didn't show that it's snoring or breathing again. It would probably realize her presence here. She needed to get away as soon as possible after getting the seed. And the only way for her to do that would be...

Damn it...! Strike Air!

Without thinking about it more due to being motivated by her annoyance, Angela decided on what she would do. The gaps from behind her opened and a blast of wind with the force of a wrecking ball was blown forward towards the tail, shifting it enough for Angela to grab two of the seeds and promptly ran as fast as she could from the behemoth. Once she realized what she actually did as she ran, she put the seeds on her pockets before grabbing her spear and pointed it backwards. She activated Strike Air once more to dart herself forward as fast as she could.\

"Sorry, sorry, sorry!

Let's get out of here fast!"

Angel could only look in horror as the stone like creature shifted around, it must've heard her moaning, curse these stupid glitches. The creature didn't seem to be getting up yet so that was a lucky break, though now it's tail was covering the seeds, great. It was doubtful that Angela could move the large tail by herself and it seemed like she was running out of options, which was apparent because she took her spear and blasted a large amount of wind at the tail, pushing away so Angela could grab the seeds

With that Angela used her wind magic and blasted herself off at high speeds towards the exit of the cave. "Sorry, sorry, sorry! Let's get out of here fast!" Angel couldn't agree more with Angela's statement, that creature was bound to have woken up from Angela's wind magic, so they needed to get out quick. "Right behind you on that!" Angel said unfolding her metallic wings from her back before taking off in the direction of the exit. "Quick before that thing reorients itself!" Angel said to Io and Tyson as she followed Angela out of the cave.

iU8EggM.png

DxnodKk.gif

It seems as if they were not alone in the cave, as Io soon discovered. There were the broken remnants of one particular unfortunate hap who seemed to be laying next to a similarly broken crate. The much literally bigger concern was the massive Behemoth that was resting right on the plinth on which the Yggdrasil Seeds they desired lay. Io snapped multiple photos of it and was about to whistle at the statistics she found, but then decided it was probably a wiser idea to keep silent. After all, waking up a 14 feet creature that weighed over 18,000 pounds probably wasn’t the best plan for one’s own personal health. The question now was how anyone would be able to get to the seeds. For Io, it wasn’t really a concern, as she had several techniques, but before she could speak, it appeared as if Angela vouched to go ahead. This was far more exciting. Prepping her camera, Io watched on in anticipation of what would come next. After all, it’s not like Angela would die, right?

As Angela inched closer and closer, success seemed to be within a finger’s reach… and then a strike of terrible luck befell. At what had to be the worst possible time, the beast decided to turn over in its sleep, covering the top of the plinth with its massive tail. Well, this certainly wasn’t good. What would Angela do now? Continuing to take photos of the entire sneak operation, Angela hesitated for a few moments before deciding to go with a physical-force tactic. Smacking the massive tail aside and filching two of the seeds, Angela immediately bolted away, running back towards the group. Well, if anyone had any doubts whether the Behemoth was awake, it was definitely awake now.

Despite the gravity of the situation, Io couldn’t help but let out a hearty laugh. Despite how dangerous such a creature must be, it was still a majestic and amazing sight, and Io couldn’t help but get a few more photos of it. Lastly, she took a few photos of the cavern itself. A trip back might be fun sometime too, who knows…? Or just a few more Seeds! The Behemoth snorted and shook its head as it let out a massive, earth-shattering roar. Pawing the ground repeatedly, it lowered its head. Coincidentally, Tyson and the girls were right in front of it. Io shouted out over all the noise.

”I don’t think this thing’s very happy with us taking the seeds! And I think it’s in the mood for some pancakes, so uh, let’s run a little faster!"

With that, the Behemoth charged forward in a mad rampage, tearing up the ground and everything around it.

iU8EggM.png

Archived