[Cherry Heart] Race to the Top

King K. Azo

cqAD2hM.png?1

"Just wait until this quest is done... then I'll show you what I can do in a 2 on 1 situation."

"I won't say that if I were you. Thoughts like that are what led to many unexpected deaths.

And well, i kinda doubt you'll handle any of us as well as you thought."

Eris swoop in at the group after finally managing to find them, pretty much coming unscathed after the avalanche. It was something that was quite admirable, but to think that they end up squabbling again kind of made Eris wondered why she even bothered to look up for the group earlier. Either way, after the distraction that was what she did earlier as a detour, it's time for them to catch up. But...

"Hey, you guys," Eris, walking behind Kin for now as she's resting her wings temporarily, tried to get the others' attention. "Don't you think the avalanche's a bit...weird? Dunno, just my thought. Probably someone did something stupid up there and caused the snow to fall on them and us.

That aside, can't we actually, y'know, try figuring out an actual plan as a group? If not I'll just go ahead and try to not cause another avalanche to fall on top of you guy's head."

Her voice was slightly tired, but Eris felt that she'd still able to finish this race.

Earlier

"CRYSTAL!!!"

"...Isn't it the guy from earlier?"

As she was busy trying to figure out the location of her teammates in the middle of the avalanche, she heard the voice of the rival team, and turned around to see him jumping to the ground, probably to try helping his friend that had probably been caught by the avalanche when she dropped down earlier. At first, Eris tried to ignore them in her effort to locate the team. After all, they're just obstacles to her team's success. But...thinking about it, she felt like she was unable to do that. She's a proud member of the Outer Border Patrol Joint Detachment for a reason, and mountains like this would be something she protect people from. Despite them not sharing her nationality...well, it would be a shame if she let a death in the mountain slide. It would smudge her proud badge. Thus, she turned around towards where she saw the guy jumped, and started to look for signs of life around the way as the avalanche stopped.

With some sticks to figure out their position, it didn't take her that long to find where they probably was, and so she started digging. Digging with only her arms is a pain, but it's something that was usual for her to do back then, one hundred years ago. It took a bit, but then she noticed one of them, and started pulling him out of the pile.

The other one wouldn't take that long to pull. Done with that, without checking their condition first, she immediately left, hopefully before any of them saw her. It's been way too long since she's supposed to find her own teammates, but then again, with the crazy things Kin and Myth could do, and assuming that Liz girl had the skill and power to back up her trash talking, perhaps she really shouldn't have worried about them.

The area was extremely quiet...it was hard to believe that an avalanche had just happened. The snow laid out before them, quiet and serene as it crunched under their feet. It was something you see on a postcard...

Until a hand smashed out of the ground, clawing its way to the surface. A man pulled himself out of the snow, falling over in front of Liz, Kin, and Eris as soon he was out. A large gash was seen across his chest, and he was obviously in severe pain because of it. Seeing how he did not have the symbol of Basswood across his chest, and obviously not a member of Cherry Heart.

"B-Basswood...," he groaned. "B-beware... Of... Bass---," he passed out before he could finish his sentience. To the left, smoke was trailing up the mountain. If they looked over, they could see it was coming out of a cave. Perhaps people were in there that could help the man.

Or maybe it was a trap.

To the right, all seemed simple and clean. There were no obstacles, no caves, or anything. Just a large stretch of snow...

It as far too quiet.

"I won't say that if I were you. Thoughts like that are what led to many unexpected deaths.

And well, i kinda doubt you'll handle any of us as well as you thought."

The winged girl had come down to Liz and Kin's level, possibly to rest before taking flight up the mountain again, her answer to Liz's talk about 2 against 1 was understandable, but that's just how Liz was trained, on hunts your never sure how many beasts could pop up at one time, so it was only natural that her organization trained her this way, she had the scars to prove its not easy, but it helped Liz to become the adept hunter she is. Before Liz could give her thoughts on the winged girls words a man emerged from the snow in front of the group he had a large gash on his torso and was in pretty bad shape. "B-Basswood..., B-beware... Of... Bass---," the man passed out before he could say anything else.

Basswood? Could they be the cause of the avalanche? A scent caught Liz's nose and she turned in the direction of it to see smoke rising out a nearby cave. Hikers? The other guild maybe? Either way, the stranger wasn't going to last long, especially in the snow. "Hmmm... looks like we don't have a choice..." Liz went over to the man and proceeded to pick him up out of the snow. "Whoever is in that cave better be friendly otherwise this man isn't going to make it... Kin, could you give me a hand with him?"

x393wz.jpg

xe4FCZj.png?1

x393wz.jpg

"Hey, you guys, don't you think the avalanche's a bit...weird? Dunno, just my thought. Probably someone did something stupid up there and caused the snow to fall on them and us. That aside, can't we actually, y'know, try figuring out an actual plan as a group? If not I'll just go ahead and try to not cause another avalanche to fall on top of you guy's head."

"Oh so random avalanches aren't a normal thing?" Kin asked, rolling his eyes with a chuckle. "No, your not the only one who thought that. If this had been a natural avalanche we probably would've ran into another wave, I would assume."

Eris brought up a good point. The avalanche was pretty...random. Regardless, Kin kept going forward, trying his best to get to the top.

"Eris, currently the plan is split up and get to top!" Kin turned, smiling. "If we stick together as a four man group, we'll be bringing up the rear. But if we split up, we can get there faster and what not."

x393wz.jpg

"B-Basswood...B-beware... Of... Bass---"

Kin looked at the man, hearing his words. "Bass...wood?" he muttered, rubbing his chin. "The freakin' multicolored group? They did this?" Nevertheless, he moved and lifted the man up, sighing as Liz asked him for his help.

"Yeah yeah." he said, before tossing him on his back before waving to Myth and Eris. "We're heading towards the cave. Keep going, we'll catch up!"

A4uywC9.jpg?1

zstgplK.jpg?1

Apparently Eris hadn't been paying attention to him.  Myth stood at the top of his wind funnel, tapping his finger.  It wasn't in annoyance or anything, more so boredom.  

"Eris, currently the plan is split up and get to top! If we stick together as a four man group, we'll be bringing up the rear. But if we split up, we can get there faster and what not."

"And since you and I have the ability to lift ourselves above this mess and towards the point of the mountain, I figured we could ascend while the others take the cave route...or did you miss that?"  He laughed at the winged girl.  Maybe she wasn't the most attentive listener in the world.  "So let's get a move on shall we?  We've lost precious time to the other groups in all this!"  The others had pulled a man out of the wreckage and were dragging them with them into the caves.  

"If they like to play dirty...they won't win.  C'mon Eris!"  Myth took off on top of his funnel, aiming to climb higher and higher up the mountain.  

cqAD2hM.png?1

"Eris, currently the plan is split up and get to top!"

"But-"

"If we stick together as a four man group, we'll be bringing up the rear. But if we split up, we can get there faster and what not."

"Sigh...alright then."

Eris was still not really convinced about the argument given by Kin regarding why a proper team up was not necessary, but without an idea on her own, she relented and decided to just follow the two in front of her as she rested her wings temporarily. Once she managed to not feel too sore again, she'll just rush towards the top, and-

"B-Basswood...B-beware... Of... Bass---"

There was an injured man talking about something vague, and Liz and Kin seemed to be quite determined to bring them to the nearby cave. Quite odd to think that they initially prefer to race it out to the top as fast as they could, but it's something that Eris could understand. However, as the plan was for the team to split up, Eris felt that only two coming to the cave would be enough. And besides, both of them were pretty monstrous strength-wise, it'd be hard for them to be put into a pickle. She had no idea what Basswood is supposed to mean, but it's something to keep in mind, perhaps.

"If they like to play dirty...they won't win.  C'mon Eris!"

"Yeah.." Eris answered Myth's call to get up, "I think the two of them checking out the cave would be enough. Let's move on and leave them be for now.

Let's show those Bassword bastards the reason why they shouldn't mess with us!"

Perhaps it's half of the irritation from the rest of the group's attempt to do this individually, or perhaps it's just due to Eris starting to get more eager, but the tone of her changed into something a bit rougher. With the decision made in her mind though, she readied her wings, and took off to the skies again, deciding to not pick either the left or right route and just blaze her way through a straight line. If there's little time to waste, then so be it.

The cave. It wasn't too far, but after the avalanche, one must be on their toes. The snow crunched under their feet, the man was breathing heavily... but other than that, it was as quiet as the grave... The snow stretched as  far as the eye could see... their enemy could be hiding anywhere, at anytime...

Except nothing happened as they walked. When they got to the cave, there was a fire burning, but no one there. However, deep within the cave, they could hear voices...

"Are you s-sure we should climb the mountain?" one voice asked quietly.

"Well, with the caves caved in... there is not much we can do...," the other answered boldly. Seems others were approaching, familiar voices from earlier... 

The skies. They were even quieter than the ground, however, it was perhaps more dangerous than it was on the ground. With an enemy that might remain hidden, there was plenty of opportunities for people to shoot down the flying duo. However... 

Suddenly in front of the two, a large pillar of water erupted in front of them, blocking their way.

"Not so fast!" Brooke yelled. "You wanna get to the top? You got to get past me!" If the two were to look down, they would not see anyone, more than likely hiding among the snow. However, they could see the snow... melting at certain points, turning into large puddles of water. More than likely areas where more pillars would pop up. Time for flight or fight...

It was quiet.

A bit too quiet.

As Eris and Myth continued their flight, something felt amiss about the environment as of now. Eris thought that it could probably just her hearing piece that was having issues, but even after she checked it, it didn't seem to be the cause of the problem. Perhaps it was just really quiet right now. The other teams would be aware now that there were some fliers on the rival teams, and it would be weird for them to not act on it. Were she and Myth walking on a trap? Eris considered to slow her flight a bit, but with Myth going ahead at full speed, it wouldn't be wise for her to-

"Not so fast!"

Oh, there it was. That actually made Eris felt relieved.

"You wanna get to the top? You got to get past me!"

Two gigantic pillars of water were blocking their way forward. Eris looked at the pillars in disbelief for a second. Were her rivals really serious about stopping flyers with something like this? But, when she tried to go to the side or upwards to go over the pillars, they seemed to be capable of chasing her to some degrees. Some fancy flightwork at high speed would be able to deal with the pillars, but more importantly, she had to deal with the source of the pillars first. She looked down, and noticed that the source of the voice weren't clearly seen. But after lowering her altitude by a bit, she noticed several patches of water puddles among the snows.

"Hmm, Myth. Can you like, blow out the water pillars or create a wind tunnel using your magic? Searching for the source of the voice would take way too long.

Although...

On second thought, just blow out the snow. He's hiding somewhere down there, and it's probably best to disable him before he screws with anyone else."

x393wz.jpg

xe4FCZj.png?1

x393wz.jpg

Kin and Liz carried the man that was stuck in the avalanche into the cave. The Dragon Slayer slowly put him down on the ground near an abandoned campfire, propping him up some, before sighing. Jeez...it's supposed to be an easy mission. Then again...all this running around is NOT my idea of a mission... he thought, before rubbing the back of his head.

He began to turn around to head out of the cave, but stopped in his tracks, hearing voices within cave a bit further.

"Are you s-sure we should climb the mountain?"
"Well, with the caves caved in... there is not much we can do...,"

Kin turned himself before facing towards the area the voices came from. "Liz...get on guard. We ain't alone here..." he said, before running towards the voices. "OI!! WHO ELSE IS IN HERE?!" he shouted loudly, preparing for the worst...which would probably be the most fun he had.

Liz and Kin took the injured man into the cave, Kin took him and placed him right beside the campfire, someone was either holed up here or had recently left the cave, either way Liz was keeping her eyes, ears, and nose out for anything suspicious. Kin got up and moved towards the mouth of the cave, possibly to think on the situation. "I'll check his wound, see if I can't at least patch it up." Liz said as she motioned towards the unconscious man. She had checked her pack for any bandages but all she had were her own assortment of "medical" items. "Tch... doubt any of these will help..." Liz looked at the sleeves of her hunter outfit and got an idea. "Ah well, I can take the cold, and he needs help badly." Liz ripped her sleeves off and tied the together, she then wrapped the cloth around the man's chest, makeshift bandages, at least it'll help close the wound. "There we go... it'll help stop the bleeding at least..." Liz noticed her left arm, how it was so scarred, she tried not to remember why it was like that.

Recollection aside, the injured mystery man was ok for now, they still needed some answers from him. Though something else caught Liz's attention, a couple of familiar voices. "Are you s-sure we should climb the mountain?"

"Well, with the caves caved in... there is not much we can do...," it sounded like the members of Basswood. Kin had heard the voices too and was already preparing himself. "Liz...get on guard. We ain't alone here..." apparently. "OI!! WHO ELSE IS IN HERE?!" Kin seemed like he wanted to put up a fight, fine by Liz, they just need to be careful, the injured man's warning about Basswood was still stuck in Liz's mind. "Alright, right behind you." Liz had one hand on her weapon, and another on her beast pellet pouch, whatever happens next, she was ready for it.

A4uywC9.jpg?1

zstgplK.jpg?1

So far there ascent had been rather peaceful.  Neither Eris, nor Myth, spoke much.  To him it was a good change of pace...time to clear his mind and enjoy the scenery.  That was until...

"Not so fast!  You wanna get to the top? You got to get past me!"

Myth made sure to make his sigh as audible as possible.  He was surprised by a large pillar of water that blocked there way, but that quickly became less amusing the more he stared at it.  Instead, he looked towards the ground, where he saw nothing but snow.  Eris had descended lower than him, and he started to do the same.  As he came closer towards the snow, puddles could be seen forming in the snow below.  

"Hmm, Myth. Can you like, blow out the water pillars or create a wind tunnel using your magic? Searching for the source of the voice would take way too long.  Although...On second thought, just blow out the snow. He's hiding somewhere down there, and it's probably best to disable him before he screws with anyone else."

Myth cupped his hands around his mouth.  

"You sure you wanna do this?  I'm not in the mood to deal with just one of you...so I'll try and make this quick."  Myth's fist tightened, as a strange glow could be seen emanating from it.  He turned to Eris.  "Oh...I can do you one better.  Might cause another avalanche, but I'm sure we can fly out of the way."  Myth released the seal of his wind funnel that kept him hovering in mid air.  "I was going to do this earlier...to shatter that avalanche apart and save us all...It's been aching to get out of my body ever since...so I'll use it now!"  He cocked back his fist, and fell straight towards the ground where the puddles started to form.  He shot his fist forward as he made contact with the face of the mountain.  

"CRASH!"  He yelled, as the glow from his fist transferred to the cracks in the ground.  The earth shattered beneath his feet, and a seismic wave would shake the mountain to it's core.  

"OI!! WHO ELSE IS IN HERE?!" Kin's question was soon answered in the loudest retort the others could muster.

“Who are we? the voice of Apollo laughed. "We are the workers behind the scenes!"

“We ensure all customers enjoy their time with us!” Momo added.

"WE! ARE! THE HOURLY PART TIMER SQUAD!" The two suddenly appeared in Cherry Heart's sight, Momo posed as if he was surfing and Apollo striking a flamboyant dancer's pose. The two stood there quietly, waiting for an reaction.

"Laaaaame," the injured man managed to say.

“You big ass! We worked hours on this!" Apollo cried. Before any more retorts could be made, however, the mountain began to shake, and the rocks in the cave began to fall.

"Wh-what's going on?" Momo cried out.

"Everyone get out! It's a cave in!" Apollo yelled. "Star Shield!" Holding out his hand, he fired a bunch of star shaped projectiles, which began to circle above Kin and Liz, protecting them from rocks that were about to fall on them. He threw up his other hand, making a much bigger shield over the roof. "Can't hold this for long! Go!!"

"But what about you?" Momo cried. The shield was being to crack and Apollo grunted.

"Just go!" He stated before holding his out his hand. "Cosmic Flare!" A stream of stars exploded from his hand, blowing the four out of the cave. At that moment, the shield shattered... And the whole cave collapsed, Apollo crying out in pain as the piles of rocks smashed into him...

"CRASH!" The mountain shook, shaking it to the core and causing the snow blown into the sky. Brooke was thrown into the air, groaning as he was, and he landed on his back. He gritted his teeth and held out his hand.

"Alright, but wet wings can't fly! See if you can avoid the rain!" Every flake of snow melted, turning to water, and all went flying at Eris's wings from every angle. "Torrential Rain!"

x393wz.jpg

xe4FCZj.png?1

x393wz.jpg

It happened so fast...

One moment they were face to face with the Hourly Part Sentai Riders (or something) and then the next thing they knew, the one man Apollo was shielding them from the cave beginning to cave in.

"Can't hold this for long! Go!!"
"But what about you?"
"Just go!"

Kin looked at the young man and was about to rush towards him. He was trying to save everyone, but what about him. "H-Hey wait!!" he shouted, about to run towards the young man...

"Cosmic Flare!"

The Dragon Slayer had only seconds to brace himself before being flung out of the cave by Apollo's attack. And when he finally came to, he saw that the cave had collapsed and the young man was no where in sight. He groaned, sitting up as he held his head. N-Ngh...w-what the hell? he thought, looking around him. Kin saw the man they just helped and Liz. Both were knocked unconscious for a moment...however...

Kin turned only to see the Momo standing with eyes fixated on him...and they weren't exactly the friendliest. "H-Hey..." he said, slowly standing up. "Look whatever your thinking...don't. You don't want it..."

"WE! ARE! THE HOURLY PART TIMER SQUAD!" Really? Again with this? At least the injured man didn't appreciate this display. But before Liz could respond to this, the mountain started shaking again and the cave started to collapse. "Everyone get out! It's a cave in!" Apollo created a star shaped shield to cover everyone's escape, but it looked like he himself wasn't going to make it. Liz looked as Kin tried to reach Apollo, but Apollo used his magic to blow everyone out of the cave.

Liz was dazed for a second, when she came to, everyone was out in the snow, but Apollo was nowhere to be seen. Liz got up on her feet and noticed that Kin was starring down with... Momo that's it. He didnt have a nice look in his eyes. Kin was trying to calm him down, in the meantime, Liz found the injured man from earlier laying in the snow. Liz moved over to give him a hand getting up before speaking to Momo. "Look I know we're not on the best of terms here, but we have an injured person here and your kinda outnumbered, so why don't you not start a fight, and see if your friend survived that cave in, I doubt someone like that would go down so easily." Liz tried her best to calm Momo, but whether he was willing to listen was the question.

A4uywC9.jpg?1

zstgplK.jpg?1

"Alright, but wet wings can't fly! See if you can avoid the rain!  Torrential Rain!"

The snow he had flung up had dissolved, and was launched towards Eris.  Myth picked up his fist that was still implanted into the fractured side of the mountain.  He grit his teeth, as a strong sense of anger filled him.  He saw the part-timer now.  However, his focus lay on his bruised and bleeding fist.  It shook, most likely from the shock of magic he hadn't used since he was a child.  

"I haven't used crash since....since then..."  His fist tightened, and the blood leaked down his forearm.  "I used it...and you won't even pay me an ounce of attention?!"  He started to laugh, laughing so hard that his abs started to hurt.  "You guys seriously need to get your priorities straight!"  His tear filled eyes became a fierce glare.  "I'll make sure you won't forget the name Myth!"  Myth launched himself forward with another glowing fist.  However, the glow quickly faded, and he launched a normal left hook, fueled by his pure muscle and will.  

cqAD2hM.png?1

"Alright, but wet wings can't fly! See if you can avoid the rain!  Torrential Rain!"

"You...really are stupid, aren't you?"

Eris, who was occupied by anger as Myth used an attack that ended up seemingly causing another avalanche, was unaware of the fact that the snows Myth tried to break ended up turning into water vapour as the culprit behind the attack revealed himself. It was clear that she was now the target of his attack. The water came for her, and it seemed that she was in no position to dodge it. Even Myth who attacked the man directly didn't seem like it'd change the fact that the attack would hit her.

Well, he's right.

She couldn't fly with wet wings.

As the wings were enveloped in water, Eris started to fall as she struggled to maintain her altitude, but even then, she was not seemingly caring much about that fact. In fact, she smiled as her struggle shifted into her trying to take aim. Every single feathers on her wings then detached themselves from there, revealing the half-flesh half-metal insides, and Eris thus activated her magic and turned them into her rifles.

Hundreds of rifles, all aiming towards the attacker, Brooke.

"Myth, I hope you can get away.

Secret Arts: Bullet Heaven!"

At the same time, the rifles started firing at the singular object on the distance, and in the meantime Eris rolled herself on the ground as she landed, softening the impact.

"Hopefully you're bulletproof with how much you talk."

With the attack done and the explosion happened, the feather guns all returned on Eris' stump as she faced the other direction, and her wings slowly reformed without the water that was attached to them. She would not be able to fly for a bit, but with the snow had been cleared by Myth and Brooke, she would be able to traverse the ground without much issue while her wings recovered.

That seemed like a good thing.

"H-Hey... Look whatever your thinking...don't. You don't want it..." Momo heard the gold man say these words, but they barely registered. Instead, a red aura surrounded the young boy's body, he glaring into Kin's eyes, tears streaming down his face.

"Of course I don't want it!" He yelled. "All I wanted was to travel with my family to the top of this mountain and get an herb for our customers! Could you imagine how happy we would of made them?! We wanted to see smiles on the faces on the staff, on the husband, on the children! They would have been so happy to see the wife get better!"

He charged at Kin, throwing a punch. "But no! Instead, we had to fight for our lives, survive an avalanche, and now my brother---!!" He was blinded by his tears, so he shouldn't be too hard to dodge. "We thought Cherry Heart was more! We thought you were better than Yggdrasil! We were honored to face off with you!" Another punch was thrown, missing the target. "But you insulted our style, our code! You brought down a mountain on top of us, and now you killed or seriously injured my brother!" His rage was blinding him. Would words reach him?

Liz's most certainly didn't.

Brooke groaned as Myth punched him in the face. Ow... what was the man going on about?! The blue haired mage fell to the ground, holding his jaw and groaning. After rolling on the ground, he stood back up slowly. "Sir, your Crash was very nice, but I'm trying to ground the flying lady that is pointing many guns at us," He then looked again. That was a lot of guns. "Protect the customer!" He yelled, shoving Myth out of the way. He then realized... "Oh... you aren't my customer... dammit... part timer instincts...," He was quickly engulfed by the explosion. With a cry of pain, he was thrown into the air and off the side of the mountain. 

Their path was now clear.

Liz had only looked away for a second, and on the next she saw Momo throwing punches at Kin. "All I wanted was to travel with my family to the top of this mountain and get an herb for our customers! Could you imagine how happy we would of made them?! We wanted to see smiles on the faces on the staff, on the husband, on the children! They would have been so happy to see the wife get better!" This wasn't exactly a vacation, he should know the difference between a family outing and a mission. "We thought Cherry Heart was more! We thought you were better than Yggdrasil! We were honored to face off with you!" Yggdrasil? A rival guild? Even if it was Liz didn't know what it was, though she had only recently joined Cherry Heart. "But you insulted our style, our code! You brought down a mountain on top of us, and now you killed or seriously injured my brother!" Listening to this, Liz could only feel guilt over insulting the group, but why would that injured man say to beware of Basswood? One things for sure, they weren't the cause of that last avalanche, though Liz had her suspicions on what Myth and Eris were doing further up. Liz leaned the injured man against a tree so he could at least stand. "Stay here for a sec." Liz said to the man.

Liz rushed over to the fist fight and ate a beast pellet while she was at it, she needed to break the fight up, as her mentor once said, "Arguments and petty fights could mean disaster on a mission and/or hunt." When Liz had fully taken the effects of the beast pellet, she went in to try and grapple Momo, she wouldn't harm him, just try to keep him still so she can calm him down. "Hey! Calm down! What makes you think we caused that avalanche huh? You know there's another team up here besides ours, did you think about that? Now quit your crying and just listen! You know your brother better than us, so you would know he wouldn't go down just from a few rocks falling on him right?" If these words had gotten through to Momo, Liz would release him. "Look, we'll help get your brother out of that mess ok? Neither of us wants to do any senseless fighting, right Kin?" Liz said turning to Kin. "There's another team on this mountain that you can question about that whole avalanche situation, so why don't we stop fighting, ok" Liz could only hope that her words had reached Momo this time, this all seems to be a big misunderstanding.

x393wz.jpg

xe4FCZj.png?1

x393wz.jpg

"Of course I don't want it! All I wanted was to travel with my family to the top of this mountain and get an herb for our customers! Could you imagine how happy we would of made them?! We wanted to see smiles on the faces on the staff, on the husband, on the children! They would have been so happy to see the wife get better!"

Kin looked at the young man, watching him begin to throw punch after punch at him. However, he was able to dodge them due to Momo being blinded by his own tears. But this wasn't making any sense to him... He and his allies were just trying to get the mission done as well...so why...?

"But no! Instead, we had to fight for our lives, survive an avalanche, and now my brother---!! We thought Cherry Heart was more! We thought you were better than Yggdrasil! We were honored to face off with you! But you insulted our style, our code! You brought down a mountain on top of us, and now you killed or seriously injured my brother!"

The Dragon Slayer's fists began to clench slightly, hearing all this that Momo had to say. Before he could do anything, Liz intervened. And though her words probably were beginning to make base...Kin knew this was something that had to be done man to man.

Quickly, Kin's hands gripped Momo's shirt collar and yanked him close to eye level. "LISTEN!!" he said, in a very stern voice. "Let's get one thing straight, alright? Everything you heard about that Guild is true! So don't you ever EVER think differently." Kin, even though not knowing the full background and history of Cherry Heart, the stories he heard of this guild from the towns he hid in to escape Tosz did praise it very well.

"Second...I don't know what the hell this 'Yggdrasil' is exactly...but I can tell you, we're 10 times better! Third...the style...the code...yeah I laughed at it. I don't see much of that. But after seeing what your brother did there...I was proved wrong." Kin said, gritting his teeth some, before looking away and finally letting go of Momo's collar. It sort of killed his pride to even admit he was wrong...but this needed to happen.

Kin looked at Momo once more, before scoffing. "And that avalanche business...it wasn't us. Sure, we can be a bit destructive...but we were caught in that too. So scratch us off that list." He finally exhaled slightly, before walking past the young man, who was probably trying to take all this in. Kin couldn't just stick here with this...they needed to finish the mission...and find out who the heck dropped the avalanche on them.

A4uywC9.jpg?1

zstgplK.jpg?1

Myth's punch landed, but it had not been fueled by his crash.  Luckily for him, instead of blowing the man to bloody red pieces, he instead stumbled back by the pure force of the punch.  Myth wiped his head, relieved.  He had let his petty jealousy take hold of him.

"Sir, your Crash was very nice, but I'm trying to ground the flying lady that is pointing many guns at us," 

Myth turned over his shoulder quickly.  His eyes widened as Eris let a barrage of bullets from her arsenal.  His leg muscles moved instinctually, and he jumped off the cliff and out of the way.  He created a green magic circle below him, and started hovering upon another whirlwind.  When he looked back, the part timer was also headed down the cliff side.  Myth sighed, as he put his hand out to throw a magic circle beneath Brooke.  The cyclone beneath him was slightly smaller, but it would lessen the speed of his descent.  He looked back to Eris, his eyes narrow.  

"Wanna give me a little warning next time there?"  He said with an obviously annoyed voice.  "Whatever...let's just get to the top of this mountain."  He started ascending once more, keeping his pace slow so Eris could catch up.  

"Wanna give me a little warning next time there?"

"I will have to ask you to do the same thing next time to all the people you might endangered with your reckless avalanche-causing antic."

"Whatever...let's just get to the top of this mountain."

"Yeah, let's. The opposition so far were jokes, so I don't believe them to be enough of an inconsiderate prick to cause an avalanche just to gain an advantage.

Just go on ahead without me. I can catch up with you once my wings recovered."

The walk was mostly uneventful. The field wasn't as harsh or steep as her old post, and the removed snow from earlier scuffle made traversing the field even easier. She still stood her guard however, but with how much of her opponents so far had been pushovers, Eris felt a sense of annoyance and had set an expectation that the next adversary would not be much better.

Even so, the scenery was actually quite nice. Deciding to forget that she was in a hurry as it was supposed to be a race, Eris decided to take a leisure stroll to enjoy the mountain scenery she had long missed ever since she was assigned outside of her beloved post.

• 2 weeks later...

Momo fell to his knees. He looked so tired. The fight was out of him. He instead headed to the cave and attempted his best to dig the rocks out. He had to at least get the body out. He had to.

The climb was uneventful. Other than a few wolves running by Myth and Eris, or a yeti peeking out of its cave curiously to look at the travelers, the climb was just a peaceful trek through a winter wonderland. It was easy to forget everything that had transpired before hand. However, all good things must come to an end, and they soon came to near the top of the mountain, their paths crossing just about 50 feet away from the top.

Maybe they had things to say to the other, or perhaps they needed a break. There didn't seem to be anyone else around, but other than that one man, the third guild seemed to be nowhere in sight...

Momo seemed to have calmed down after tiring himself out. He went over to the collapsed cave to try and find his brother beneath the rocks. "It looks like we got through to him," Liz said as she walked over and helped up the injured man. "We should keep heading up Kin, you don't want to get shown up by Myth right?"

The climb up the mountain was uneventful at best. No sign of that other team that Joker was talking about at the start, something obviously wasn't right, what with the sudden avalanche and Liz's group getting blamed for it. Liz's beast pellet's effects had faded away and Liz was feeling the after effects, she knew taking two beast pellets one after the other in a short amount of was bad but this was first she experienced it herself. A few moments later, they had nearly reached the peak when Liz caught sight of Eris and Myth. "Hey!" Liz called as they made their way to Eris and Myth's location.

Liz sat the injured man on a rock so he could rest and then proceeded to sit down herself, her muscles were aching and it felt like she hadn't eaten in days. "So... how did things go on your end?" Liz asked Eris, Kin would probably be talking with Myth at this point. "This sure has been one heck of a climb, the avalanches didn't help with that either, just ask this guy," Liz said pointing at the injured man. "He got caught in the first avalanche after all, don't worry, I patched up the wound on his chest, he should be fine..." Liz took this moment to take some deep breathes, she needed to rest after pushing her body like that.

Archived