Drabble Duels

Draconus297

[spoiler=What is This?]

Well, oftentimes when I'm writing an archetype, I picture an episode (at least) of the anime whilst creating the individual cards, imagining how they'd look, how they'd be reacted to, et cetera.

So, because I think my writing skills have gotten a bit dull, I'll be writing in this thread to create fun Duels and introduce you all to the mechanics and flavor of various archetypes I've created in the process.

And, just because I can, I'll even open up a request bar so that you can request certain matchups- this includes matchups with characters from the actual YGO anime or archetypes you've made (I'd like a link if you do, though, and maybe a rep if you think I did a decent job), in addition to archetypes I made that you want to see face each other. However, if you do this, please follow my little format below. Otherwise, I will ignore said request.

I plan to do about one of these a week, more if I have time.

[spoiler=Request Format]

Matchup: Which characters/Decks do you want to face off? At least one of my archetypes is required to be involved. No more than 4 participants.

Format: Select any viable combination of the following terminology- Normal (no extra rules and such), Shadow (characters suffer physical pain when they take LP damage), Action (Action Spells are a thing, and Duelists can interact with their monsters), Turbo (characters are on D-Wheels/Duel Runners), Battle Royale (3+ Duelists only- everyone versus everyone in a free-for-all), Tag (4 Duelists only- players on a team share a field and a Graveyard), Double (4 Duelists only- players on a team can ignore each other's field entirely), Relay (4 Duelists only- teammates are not out simultaneously, and play resumes from when one person runs out of Life Points), Horde (3+ Duelists only- everyone is ganging up on one person, a la v. Dartz, Paradox, Faker, or Shun)

Winner (optional)- Who do you want to have as the winner, in the end? (If you want the victor to be a surprise, put "surprise me" here)

Leadup- Yes or no. Do you want to see a reason for these two to Duel, or just throw two Decks into a cage match and see what happens? You have the option of providing the kind of lead-up yourself, so that one character is pissed off, depressed, injured, or otherwise hampered from thinking clearly in some way.

Links (optional)- If you inputted a character from the anime, or an archetype that isn't mine, link me to a page that shows me what everything they have does. If all archetypes/characters are mine, put "Don't need any" here.

Challenge (optional)- If you want to see a specific card used (eg, you selected Yusei above and want Shooting Star to come out), place its name here in quotation marks. If you don't want to give me a challenge, put "All good, man" here.

======

Lucian (Fungal Serpents) v. Winona (Amazoni)

A hush fell over the crowd, who had been crying for blood mere moments before. When two known bullies met eyes and decided to fight, it was always a spectacle.

Lucian was a psychological monster, who was a master of misdirection and unfair tactics. Anyone he felt like messing with on a particular day wasn't going to go home without their hopes and dreams crushed at least a little.

Winona, on the other hand, was more prone to simply beating people to a pulp . . . but she was damned good at it, being an honest-to-goodness titan of a human being. She was a ticking time bomb of temper, fists, and feet, and honestly people simply tried to stay out of the line of fire whenever possible.

Apparently, however, there was a kind of respect there . . . the two immediately activated their Duel Disks with a quiet, simultaneous "Duel."

"I'll start," Winona growled, "by activating the Field Spell, Amazoni Village! Now," she explained as the entire area visibly transformed into a rather unsettling tribal village with bones scattered here and there, and a quietly crackling fire now between the Duelists, "every time an Amazoni monster attacks a monster with a higher original Attack value, all Amazoni monsters I control gain 300 Attack Points."

"Congratulations," Lucian said sarcastically, "you opened your turn with a Spell that does nothing on your first turn."

"Not nothing," Winona corrected angrily, "because I activate my Spell Card, Polymerization, to combine two monsters in my hand- Amazoni Berserker and Amazoni Scout!" She allowed those two monsters to hit the Graveyard, and said in a voice that was practically a purr, "beautiful demons in my hand of strength and foresight, combine to form a monster that chooses death for its enemies! Fusion Summon, Level 6! Amazoni Valkyrie!"

From a swirling abyss in the sky dropped a vicious-looking beast of a woman- dressed in animal furs, sporting verdant green skin and horns nearly a foot long, and noticeably massive and musclebound- the creature nearly looked like a more animalistic version of Winona herself, and it carried dull twin swords connected at their pommels by a length of chain apparently constructed of someone's spine. A helpful information box popped up, revealing that it had 2500 ATK . . . But that number uncomfortably climbed to 2700 instantly.

"Amazoni Valkyrie gains 200 more Attack Points for every Amazoni monster I control . . . but that's the least of your worries," the tall girl laughed. "Because of the effect of my Amazoni Scout, I can return the copy of Polymerization I used to the top of my Deck . . ." She smiled as the Graveyard slot of her Duel Disk spat out Polymerization, "but thanks to Amazoni Berserker's effect, I can add a copy of Amazoni Fusion from my Deck to my hand as well, all because it was used as Fusion Material." Her Deck ejected a single card, which she gladly took and placed in her hand. "I'll end my turn by Normal Summoning my Amazoni Trapper," she said with finality, allowing another monster girl to populate her field, this one with a bow and arrow.

[AMAZONI TRAPPER

Level 3 - 1200 ATK]

[AMAZONI VALKYRIE

Level 6 - 2900 ATK]

Lucian huffed. "Please. All you've proven is that you don't know what you're doing. I draw," the boy chuckled.

"I'll begin with a Spell Card, as you did," Lucian said simply, "my Prey Snare!" A rectangular image popped up before him, depicting an unlucky person falling into a dark pit, with a snake waiting at the bottom. "Every time I Summon a "Fungal Serpents" monster, a little fungal spore latches onto a random monster you control," He chuckled.

"Pfft. I'm not scared of your mushroom snakes," Winona said dismissively.

"You should be," Lucian grinned. "Now, because you have a monster with more than 2000 Attack Points, I'm allowed to Special Summon my Python of the Fungal Serpents from my hand!"

A huge python, covered in unsightly fungus and visibly rotting away, appeared on Lucian's field . . . and a single green spore flew out of the Continuous Spell image and latched onto the Amazonian monster

[PYTHON OF THE FUNGAL SERPENTS

Level 4 - 1500 DEF]

[AMAZONI VALKYRIE

2700 ATK]

"Wait, what? What just happened?! Winona shouted, confused that her monster lost Attack Points.

"Well, my Python lowers the Attack and Defense Points of all monsters you control by 200 for every Spore Counter they're burdened with . . . but the infection will only get worse from here," Lucian grinned, "as my Python can change its Battle Position once per turn to give all monsters you control a Spore Counter each."

Suddenly, the snake reared up, hissing in a decidedly distorted way as it flung more green spots around, two of which landed on Winona's monstrous creatures.

[PYTHON OF THE FUNGAL SERPENTS

1400 ATK]

[AMAZONI VALKYRIE

2500 ATK]

[AMAZONI TRAPPER

1000 ATK]

"But, of course," Lucian said smugly, "that's only a Special Summon. I have yet to Normal Summon anything . . . and I choose my Garter of the Fungal Serpents."

An equally huge, equally disgusting snake appeared on the field, hissing in that same drowned, distorted way, and a little green orb flew out of the Prey Snare and latched onto Winona's Trapper.

[GARTER OF THE FUNGAL SERPENTS

Level 4 - 1200 ATK]

[AMAZONI VALKYRIE

2100 ATK]

[AMAZONI TRAPPER

400 ATK]

"Darn," Lucian tisked, "I had been hoping for that Counter to latch onto your Valkyrie . . . it could stand to lose some Attack Points, as my lovely garter snake eats away 200 of them per Spore Counter, " the young man sighed. "No matter. Because I Normal Summoned my Garter, I'm allowed to Special Summon another of my lovely snakes from my hand . . . here we are. Copperhead of the Fungal Serpents!"

The crowd began actively retching as yet another rotted, horrifyingly disfigured snake hissed menacingly and delivered another payload of green spores onto one of Winona's monsters- this time, it was the Valkyrie again.

[COPPERHEAD OF THE FUNGAL SERPENTS

Level 4 - 1600 ATK]

[AMAZONI VALKYRIE

1400 ATK]

AMAZONI TRAPPER

200 ATK]

"Oh, I haven't told you the best part . . ." Lucian trailed off, practically sighing in glee as he related yet more bad news, "When my Copperhead is Summoned at all, the strongest monster you control is made yet weaker by another 100 points . . . by another Spore Counter."

The huge, menacing monsters both looked exhausted and sick, and one could almost see fear in the Valkyrie's eyes as it found itself plagued by another Spore Counter . . . it collapsed to a knee as its ATK fell to 900.

"You made my Amazoni sick . . . is that all you've got?" Winona growled with anger.

"Oh, I have at least one more snake to show you," Lucian smiled, "and believe me when I say that you haven't seen anything yet. Because I control at least two of my rotting snakes, I get to Special Summon my beautiful MAMBA!"

Suddenly, a massive black serpent hit the field with a wet, dull thud. Like all the others, it was plagued by ugly fungi, but this one didn't hiss. It merely observed the field with its mismatched eyes- one intelligent, green and slit-pupiled, the other dead and milky white. Yet another green spore flew from the Continuous Spell, but it was irrelevant now even as it stuck to the Valkyrie.

[MAMBA OF THE FUNGAL SERPENTS

Level 4 - 2100 ATK]

[AMAZONI VALKYRIE

0 ATK]

[AMAZONI TRAPPER

0 ATK]

The two once proud-looking beasts had fallen to the ground, too weak to stand, to even sit up. The fight was gone from them.

"Funny thing, really," Lucian said with a kind of sadistic glee, "Mamba's Level drops from 5 to 4 when it's Summoned by its own effect, but that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Oh, and it's impossible for you to win, even with the additional effect of your Village allowing you to get your hands on more Amazoni when I kill these . . . Mamba slaps 2 Spore Counters on anything you Special Summon. Your monsters will lose 1600 Attack Points the moment they arrive," Lucian chuckled. "So, I'll Set a card face-down," He smirked as a dark rectangle appeared on his field, indicating a Set Spell or Trap, "and begin my attack."

"I'll start by killing your big, bad Valkyrie, using my weak little Garter. Attack!" Lucian grinned madly as Winona's face drained of its color.

The abhorrent garter snake wrapped around the prone form of Amazoni Valkyrie, crushing the helpless monster to death.

[WINONA LP: 6800]

"I activate the effect of my Amazoni Valkyrie, to Special Summon one of its Fusion Materials from my Graveyard! Return, Amazoni Berserker, in Attack Position!"

A dual-blade wielding monster appeared, only to immediately wind up with a pair of green Spore Counters and fall ill, but it looked like Winona wasn't done yet, "and thanks to my Amazoni Village, I get a Level 5 or lower Amazoni from my Deck! Come to me, Amazoni Shaman!"

A staff-wielding monster woman appeared on Winona's field, but immediately fell horribly ill.

[AMAZONI BERSERKER

Level 6 - 800 ATK]

[AMAZONI SHAMAN

Level 5 - 0 DEF]

"Defense Position?" Lucian asked, amused. "You really are desperate . . . and so I'll attack your big, proud Berserker with my Python . . . I'd rather not run into your Shaman's destruction effect, or your Trapper's ability to lower the ATK of my monsters, just yet."

As Lucian spoke, the python reared up and took a bite out of the weakened Berserker, and Winona cried out as it burst.

[WINONA LP: 6200]

"Because my Berserker went to the Graveyard, I get to add an "Amazoni" monster from my Deck to my hand . . . and I choose Amazoni Alpha," Winona growled, revealing the monster she chose to Lucian for confirmation. "Also, I get to Special Summon a Level 5 or lower Amazoni from my Deck, and I choose my Amazoni Brawler."

Yet another monster appeared on Winona's field, this one notably weaponless but still very physically powerful-looking . . . until it was overcome by the Spore Counters.

[AMAZONI BRAWLER

Level 4 - 0 ATK]

"Cute," Lucian laughed, "bringing out something that can deflect battle damage. I've watched you Duel before, Winona, none of these surprise me. I'll have my Copperhead attack your pesky Shaman, even if it means you'll destroy one of my cards."

"But it's in Defense Position!" Winona cried. "Why would you-"

"Attack a Defense Position monster with a monster that inflicts piercing Battle Damage? I don't know . . . because that's the point?" Lucian smirked as his third abominable serpent destroyed the downed Shaman in a single strike.

[WINONA LP: 4600]

"Shaman's effect activates, and I destroy your Prey Snare!" Winona yelled quickly, and the image of the Spell Card shattered. "Also, I bring out a second Amazoni Trapper!" Another chain-wielding demon lady hit the ground in weakness as it was overcome by Spore Counters.

"Not what I was expecting you to eliminate, but I can roll with this," Lucian smirked. "Mamba of the Fungal Serpents, attack one of the Amazoni Trappers!"

The massive black serpent surged forward, taking a large bite and eliminating the unfortunate monster.

[WINONA LP: 2500]

"Your snakes all lose 300 ATK, and my Amazoni gain 200 apiece!" Winona snarled, "Also, I Special Summon my Amazoni Cub from my Deck!"

A child version of the same pattern of bestial women, this one holding a club, slumped to the ground in weakness immediately.

[AMAZONI CUB

Level 1 - 0 ATK]

"Adorable," Lucian grinned, "but now it's my second Main Phase, which means I can use my Garter, Python, and Copperhead to construct the Overlay Network! Xyz Summon, Rank 4! Death Cap, Lord of the Fungal Serpents!"

This new abomination that appeared from the swirling abyss of an Xyz Summon was quite different from the other Fungal Serpents . . . this one appeared to be more Fungal than Serpent- the kind of snake it was was unrecognizable, as it was now a skeletal snake that was absolutely covered in disgusting fungi of every kind. A single, milky white eye remained in its socket, a horrifying image that had the entire crowd just as frightened as Winona.

[DEATH CAP, LORD OF THE FUNGAL SERPENTS

RANK 4 - 2200 ATK]

"Death Cap here only has a pitiful 100 base ATK, but gains half the combined ATK of all its lovely Xyz Materials . . . and, once per turn, it can target a single monster with Spore Counters on it, and turn it into one of its own Xyz Materials!"

"This is why I took out that Spell Card . . . I know what a bunch of Level 4 monsters means," Winona said softly, "but I wasn't expecting-"

"And I target your Amazoni Brawler!" Lucian laughed as the sickly demon was dragged over to Death Cap and converted into a ball of brown light.

3000 ATK]

"Sadly, I can't end this and finish you off . . . but I've done quite well for myself, haven't I?" Lucian smirked. "I end my turn."

"I DRAW!" Winona snarled, adding Polymerization back to her hand with a disgruntled frown. "I've backed myself into a corner, here . . . but I can get out of it! I activate Polymerization from my hand, turning Amazoni Alpha in my hand and Amazoni Trapper on my field into Amazoni Omega!"

"It doesn't matter," Lucian grinned, "it's not like it'll have-"

"Thanks to the effect of Amazoni Trapper when it's used as Fusion Material, I can negate the effect of 1 card on the field until the end of the turn, and I choose your Mamba! Now I won't be walking into infection for my Amazoni!" Winona said this very confidently, and could only laugh as Lucian looked confused for once in his life. "Never used Trapper as Fusion Material before."

The huge Mamba writhed, apparently not liking its effect being stopped. It finally let out a gurgling, strangled hiss, a sound of pure distress.

"Not only that, but because I used Alpha as Fusion Material, I get back an Amazoni monster of my choice from the Graveyard- and I choose Amazoni Shaman!"

Yet another proud demon lady appeared on Winona's field, this one using a huge, sharp sword with a bow mounted in its hilt, and it was immediately accompanied by the staff-wielding monster as well.

[AMAZONI OMEGA

Level 8 - 3100 ATK]

[AMAZONI SHAMAN

Level 5 - 1800 ATK]

"But I don't just have one Fusion Spell on hand- I have two!" Winona boasted. "I use my Amazoni Fusion to combine my Amazoni Cub and Shaman to make Amazoni Witch!"

The two monsters vanished into a vortex of swirling color, producing a single monster with an intricate staff, apparently featuring Amazoni Cub's club as the staff's head.

[AMAZONI WITCH

Level 4 - 2100 ATK]

"Because I used my Shaman as Fusion Material, I get to draw a card," Winona explained as she did so, "and look what I drew! Another Berserker!"

"And because Shaman is in your Graveyard . . ." Lucian murmured with a kind of impending dread.

"I don't need to Tribute anything to Summon it!" Winona finished, laughing.

[AMAZONI BERSERKER

Level 6 - 2400 ATK]

"It gains 100 Attack Points for each of my lovely Amazoni," Winona smiled, "but we're not done here yet. Because Omega was out when I Fusion Summoned, I can add another Amazoni card from my Deck to my hand- and I choose a Brawler for later. But wait- I haven't started my Battle Phase. Omega! Start us off strong! Hit the big one with everything you've got!"

Lucian flinched as the feminine demon plugged each of his monsters with an arrow.

"How do you like your monsters losing power? When Omega here attacks, all monsters you control lose 600 Attack and Defense Points!"

2400 ATK]

1200 ATK]

The large monster then swung its sword at Death Cap, and a huge cloud of dust and spores appeared . . . but the monster was still there, admittedly down 2 Xyz Materials.

[LUCIAN LP: 7300]

1100 ATK]

[AMAZONI OMEGA

2100 ATK]

[AMAZONI WITCH

1100 ATK]

[AMAZONI BERSERKER

1400 ATK]

"What happened?" Winona asked angrily.

"Good question," Lucian smirked. "If Death Cap would be destroyed, it can detach 2 of its Xyz Materials to save its own life and place a Spore Counter on all monsters you control. Plus, if Garter goes to the Graveyard, which it does when detached from an Xyz monster, it places another Spore Counter on everything . . . making your monsters lose 1000 Attack Points in the process."

"Then I guess I won't kill that just yet- instead, I'll hit your Mamba with Berserker! Slash it to bits!"

The twin-blade wielding monster cut the ugly serpent apart, and Lucian merely grinned as his Life Points rolled down to 7100.

"Witch! Hit Death Cap now!" Winona cried, and the monster exploded on contact with the Lord of Fungal Serpents.

"Thanks to Witch's effect, I get Shaman back, and thanks to my Village I can get my extra Scout from my Deck!" Winona grinned victoriously, "and because you had to detach Brawler to survive that, I can add my other Berserker from my Graveyard to my hand!"

[AMAZONI OMEGA

3100 ATK]

[AMAZONI BERSERKER

2500 ATK]

[AMAZONI SHAMAN

1800 ATK]

[AMAZONI SCOUT

Level 2 - 800 ATK]

[DEATH CAP, LORD OF FUNGAL SERPENTS

100 ATK]

"Now, Amazoni Scout, hit 'em where it counts!"

[LUCIAN LP: 6400]

"And, because Scout attacked, I can get my Berserker out of my hand and onto the field!"

[AMAZONI BERSERKER (1) [3 Spore Counters]

2600 ATK]

[AMAZONI BERSERKER (2)

2600 ATK]

"Shaman, new Berserker . . . do the honors," she said with a kind of sadistic glee.

[LUCIAN LP: 2000]

"Now, in my Main Phase 2, I can Tribute my new Amazoni Berserker and Shaman to Fusion Summon my Amazoni Paladin!"

[AMAZONI PALADIN

Level 9 - 4200 ATK]

[AMAZONI BERSERKER [3 Spore Counters]

2500 ATK]

"And that ends my turn," Winona smiled.

"And that is why you fail," Lucian tisked. "I draw . . . and activate Fungal Reinfestation from my hand. At the cost of 500 of my Life Points, I can Special Summon 1 Fungal Serpent from my Graveyard for each monster you control with Spore Counters on it! Since you have two, I can bring back my Mamba and Death Cap!"

The two destroyed snakes suddenly emerged from the ground, none the worse for wear- not that it was easy to tell.

"Now I target your Omega to use to increase Death Cap's strength!" Lucian gloated as everyone else, Winona included, merely watched in shock. "Next, I activate my Trap Card, Rising Humidity! Now, all Fungal Serpents gain 100 Attack and Defense Points for every Spore Counter on the field!"

1950 ATK]

2400 ATK]

[AMAZONI BERSERKER

100 ATK]

"Mamba, attack the Scout!"

[WINONA LP: 900]

[AMAZONI BERSERKER

0 ATK]

"Death Cap . . . end it."

[WINONA LP: 0]

I'll expand this list as I go, then, because I need to track down some of them.

Amazoni:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/349658-agm-written-amazoni/?p=6834010

Fungal Serpents:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/339528-fungal-serpents-agm-written/

Tareya:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/352441-written-tareya/

Spellbound/Mellaxis:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/351754-written-agm-spellboundmellaxis-3030/

D-Order:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/341955-d-order-turning-dragons-into-warriors/

Inner Demons:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/340968-agm-written-inner-demons/

Yuki Onna:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/341798-agm-written-yuki-onna/

Gold-Eyes:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/344542-gold-eyes-agm-written-challenge/

Space Cruiser:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/345961-space-cruisers-agm-written/

Dandao:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/348685-agm-written-dandao/

Sorcery Hydra:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/349554-agm-written-sorcery-hydras/

Exl:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/352021-agm-written-exl/

Flarem:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/352411-agm-written-flarem/

Darkhorse:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/327483-darkhorse/

Blossom Dragon:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/343312-blossom-dragons-agmgift-written/

Barrk:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/348240-collab-written-barrk-synchrofusion-fable-burn-plants-22/

Penumbral Fair:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/346346-agm-collab-penumbral-fair-the-festival-of-light-and-dark/

This would be such a great matchup IMO

Matchup: Blossom Dragons + Gold-Eyes VS Kaito (Galaxy/Photon/Cipher as well as a custom or 2) + Yusei (Stardust/Synchron, as well as a couple customs)

Format: Normal Tag Duel

Winner (optional)- Surprise me

Leadup- Yes (If possible)

Links (optional)- I'm gonna assume you know who these 2 are.

Yusei Customs:

http://imgur.com/a/KljgI

"Stardust, The Brilliant Soul" (  http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/322064-create-a-card-game/page-73 )

Kaito customs:

"Galaxy Wandering Android" and "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Hydra" (   http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/322064-create-a-card-game/page-73 )            

Challenge (optional)- "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Hydra", "Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon", "Stardust Dragon Brilliant", "Stardust, The Brilliant Soul"

Archived