JamesMuddy's Splice Archive

JessicaMuddy

Why does this exist?

[spoiler=Winglance]

rjYxXpr.png7AWE8TC.png

Pokes Used: Pidgeot, Porygon, Fearow.

I just wanted to make something that could be considered a joke. I think I won.

Winglance, The Enormous Wing Pokemon

FlyingIC_Big.pngNormalIC_Big.png

Pokedex Entry: Due to Winglance's eyes being on its gigantic wings, the Pokemon has a hard time flying from place to place, often accidentally crashing into tall trees and buildings.

Trivia: Winglance is a portmanteau of Wing and Glance.

[spoiler=Golimb]

mmNiVLc.pngdcIg3wi.png

Pokes Used: Onix, Machoke

My personal favourite splice of mine. Looks good, man. I made those smaller stones myself, too.

Golimb, The Mystic Stone Pokemon

RockIC_Big.pngPsychicIC_Big.png

Pokedex Entry: A group of rocks held together by a magical energy, this Pokemon was said to be born after an ancient ritual had a catastrophic result.

Trivia: This Pokemon's name is a portmanteau of Golem and Limb.

Thoughts? I'd like to hear some on Golimb specifically, since Winglance is just a joke.

I'd totally catch me a Golimb. Honestly the concept is on-par with every other pokemon:

Dumb concept? Check.

Ridiculous looks? Check.

Somehow both awesome and lethal? Check, check and CHECK!

It's no worse than Vanillite, so I don't see anything wrong!

But I swear, if it can't learn Rollout...

While these splices might seem like jokes, they are quite well made and posses unqiue designs, like the giant wing one, it has no arms, and has eye in place on wings, interesting....maybe the vision will be distorted when it is flying? 

As for Golimb, I like the pun name, Golem + Limb, but the parts seems to be too far apart from each other, reagrdless of that, it is bizarre and unique...., but I can only see two limbs, where's the other?

While these splices might seem like jokes, they are quite well made and posses unqiue designs, like the giant wing one, it has no arms, and has eye in place on wings, interesting....maybe the vision will be distorted when it is flying? 

As for Golimb, I like the pun name, Golem + Limb, but the parts seems to be too far apart from each other, reagrdless of that, it is bizarre and unique...., but I can only see two limbs, where's the other?

Thanks! Yes I suppose Winglance would have distorted vision.

I thought the parts being closer together felt more awkward, especially with the little rocks there as well. Also, it was going to have legs, but I thought that the Golimb with legs was far too large, also I personally this it looks better without them.

I thought the parts being closer together felt more awkward, especially with the little rocks there as well. Also, it was going to have legs, but I thought that the Golimb with legs was far too large, also I personally this it looks better without them.

Well, if the parts were closer, than the Pokemon might seem "dense" and solid, but the little rocks proved to be slightly distracting, and the legs would definitely make it bizarre and strange at the same time, since it will be floating around and levitating.....

One other thing to note is that the arms seemed to be a little distorted and the purple aura is a bit off, but creativity plays...

The middle rocks were a darker shade than the lighter arm rocks. I wanted to clarify that you were using the same texture before I critiqued it. Is it okay with you if I do a commentated video stating my feedback on Goalice? 

Ah.

The arms still do use the colours on the middle rock, just the lighter shade is only on 4 pixels of the middle rock.

Doing a commentated video would be fine.

Well, if the parts were closer, than the Pokemon might seem "dense" and solid, but the little rocks proved to be slightly distracting, and the legs would definitely make it bizarre and strange at the same time, since it will be floating around and levitating.....

One other thing to note is that the arms seemed to be a little distorted and the purple aura is a bit off, but creativity plays...

Huh, okay. That makes sense. maybe if I make the small ones seem more in the foreground/background and bring the arms closer together. Again, the legs would be weird indeed, since the Pokemon is grounded in one position, but detached and floating around.

I don't understand how the arms are distorted. Also, now that I look at it, I think the aura should be radiating a little bit more, instead of just being a thick border around the arms.

Archived