Quantum's Fragment [IC/Co-Hosted by Kazo & JustYui]

Super Chaos Sonic

Hadley Fitzpatrick

Hadley couldn't help gritting her teeth visibly in frustration, the enamel creaking with the force they clamped down with. That was all fine for the idiot who had answered her, she was sure, but she didn't want to place her life in the hands of these people. Hadley prefered to do things by herself, and not with... whoever this girl was, Hadley couldn't remember her name at all.

"Let's just get it over with," she griped, at least partially mollified that there seemed to be safety measures in place. She didn't give a damn about her grade, so long as they stayed high enough she wasn't kicked out, she was fine with taking a dive the second the zone flooded.

She strode towars their zone, determined to toss herself into the deepest water as soon as possible, just to get it over with. It was then that she saw her partner was goind the wrong way.

"Oi!" she yelled out, just after Usagi halted, asking where the damn zone was. Hoping she wasn't saddled with an idiot, Hadley jogged over, grabbing the back of Usagi's shirt and jerking her a bit in the direction of the flood zone. "This way, ye idiot," she barked, more tired and annoyed than actually angry. "What're ye wearing that daft helmet for, anyway?" she asked, walking back in the direction of the flood zone, opening the entry door with a swift kick.

She appraised the giant series of aqueducts that spread across the giant space, narrowing her eyes as she looked up to see the giant platform up above them, stairs leading up to it. So they started down here, eh? That made it easier.

- - - - - - - 

Kaede Kamigawa

Kaede let out a small "eep" of fright as the stalgmites sprang up, and she instinctively shied closer to Isabelle, hiding partially behind her. The moment passed quickly, though, and Kaede removed herself from the girl's personal bubble as quickly as she could, giving a soft nod to her and mouthing "sorry" as she retook her spot where she had been standing. 

The display of casual power by their teacher was more frightening than the action he had used it for. Where Kaede was from, superheros were something that people only occassionally talked about, information that trickled down to the village from the nearest cities from those who passed through, but never stayed. Even her more ambitious endeavors with the Library felt contained, ones she never experimented with when others were around, little secret projects. It was only now she realized this would be the first time people would see her use its powers here. She couldn't help gulping.

Well... she would worry about it later. For now, she wasn't doing anything in the excercise, so she had time before she would have to prove herself... in whatever their teacher had in mind. She followed the teacher into the observation room, something bothering her and prompting her to speak. 

"Um... sir?" she asked the teacher, hand raised timidly. "If... If you don't mind me asking, why did you choose us in particular? For whatever it is we're doing?" she couldn't help feeling nervous. She really didn't want to embarass herself if this man was expecting something huge out of her.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tXtTHnK.png

"Oi! This way, ye idiot!"

So the flood zone was that way. Usagi turned toward the voice that had called out for her and started her approach, thinking about how such an event would work out for her. If her Fragment was something like flight, that would make things much easier; she could take off and listen for any specific sounds. Even if it was a sonar-like "sight" power, Usagi would probably be just fine, but this didn't seem like a zone where making illusions was very practical. The best Usagi could think to do was create a couple clones and use them to broadcast the message that getting to high ground was imperative.

"What're ye wearing that daft helmet for, anyway?"

"I chose for it to be in the uniform, because it's cute, keeps my face hidden, and it's not like my eyes will contribute much anyway," the blind heroine answered. She heard a door opening in the general vicinity of her partner's voice. Usagi stepped through as well, and unlike her partner, didn't bother to look around at her surroundings. Not that she could or anything. Instead, Usagi opted to get an idea of her immediate surroundings, by means of spreading her arms as far apart as they could get, before clapping with such a force that one may think she was trying to cause an avalanche. It wasn't much, but it gave her a general idea of what was in her immediate area. One person to her side - no doubt her partner - and a set of stairs up ahead, that would no doubt lead to their challenge.

She'd actually be quite right. When they ascended up the stairs, the girls in the flood zone would find a total of nine small blocks with several small one-story buildings each, arranged in a 3x3 fashion. The area was adorned with many fake or inoperable trees, cars, and more. Were there a clear blue sky up above instead of countless rain bars, it could probably pass off as a real suburban neighborhood. Behind the blocks was one more building. A rather large and sturdy-looking building labeled as being a library. Unlike the buildings around it, the "library" was two stories high, its glass doors and tall windows making for a welcoming exterior.

rtGOeZW.png

Nestled away in the USJ's control room was Nadia herself, along with her co-teacher for this test, the hero Muramasa. The two watched as the students all entered their zones.

Nick and his partner would find themselves in the wildfire zone. The zone seemed to be split up into a thick perimeter of dense forests with lush, grassy terrain beneath it, and the evidently-bustling miniature city tucked away between all the trees in a large clearing, which had no lack of plant life itself. The air was hot, and the observant sorts would spot tiny jets at the dome's bottom rim, as if designed to shoot something into the forest surrounding the tiny city.

Meanwhile, in the earthquake zone, Ryder and Victoria would find another big-city setting, but this one wasn't as rich in plant life as the wildfire zone's. In fact, there was no plant life to be found, the closest things to trees being power lines and the towering poles suspending them above the girls. The well-paved roads and smooth sidewalks surrounded and bordered great buildings of steel, concrete, and glass; banks, supermarkets, and more false city commodities were in clear sight.

Last but not least, the tornado zone. As Caleb and Cole stepped in, they'd find a town of dirt roads, unkempt trees, and small houses. The large buildings were only three in number. In a roughly triangular fashion at the edges of the zone were a supermarket, an elementary school, and a library. Many of the houses had either pickup trucks or shoddy cars parked outside of them. The whole place screamed "crappy hick town", almost like it was actually a fancy trailer park. Overhead, a giant and rather odd-looking fan could be seen hanging from a flat ceiling with a machine attached to allow it to move, opposite the door and located between the supermarket and library.

As Nadia looked at the monitors, she popped a green, lime-flavored candy from the box into her hand. Or so she'd have expected. Instead, she got nothing. Looking inside revealed to her that the box had finally run empty. Nadia crumpled it up and tossed it into a nearby trash bin, before reaching for a pocket in her costume and pulling forth a second, identical box. "Which zone do you think we'll be going to this time?" Nadia asked. In her short career as a teacher here, not once had she gone through the USJ and not had to rescue at least one endangered student. "Personally, I've got a bad feeling that the boys in the tornado zone will get in over their heads."

[spoiler=Yui's notes]

I took the liberty as co-host of moving all the USJ people to their respective zones. We gave Giga a very generous deadline for the second app mentioned in my last post's notes, but as he's still failed to meet it, we'll be figuring something else out. More on that in my upcoming post in the RP's OOC.

Cole was surprised about the cold reception that he pretty much got by the Caleb, his partner. But then again, he and probably everyone else was still probably upset with him with the whole poster fiasco, even if Nick said it was all his idea. Regardless of the awkward silence between the two boys, Cole stood in the Tornado Zone and seemed a bit at home...somewhat.

Even though it was to look like some 'crappy hick town', he was from Tennessee after all. And while his hometown didn't necessarily have the look this did...it reminded him of home.

Heh...it's like home alright... Cole thought, sighing slightly as he started rubbing his neck. Still...I-I got to focus. I don't want to just rely on my partner here... he looked down at his hand, before watching it crumple into a fist. I'm going to do my best with what I have...Fragment or not!

Cole sighed again, only looking at the giant fan that was on the ceiling, nodding slightly. Well he figured out exactly HOW the tornadoes would be formed...but now, it was all about staying clear of flying debris and other things that would be picked up by the strong violent winds.

-....Meanwhile....-

"Which zone do you think we'll be going to this time?"

Muramasa stood in the control room with Nadia, his arms crossed as he looked at the various students in their respective zones. "Honestly, given the handicap on one...I believe those girls in the Flood Zone might have the toughest job." he shrugged, answering Nadia's question, before hearing the next sentence.

"Personally, I've got a bad feeling that the boys in the tornado zone will get in over their heads."

"Oh?" Muramasa asked, looking over at the Tornado Zone's video feed, seeing both Caleb and Cole. "Would that be the reason of the one not having a Fragment?" he asked, seeing Nadia not speak a word and only pulling out another box of her candy, preparing to partake in it. The samurai hero only chuckled, as he moved towards the Tornado Zone's screen. "Well, believe it or not, I wouldn't have chosen that kid to attend Mar-Vell if I didn't sense any potential in him. I mean hell, you and Terro both had students you picked to attend Mar-Vell for one reason or another... That kid down there...he deserves a chance just like all the other aspiring heroes down there. I truly believe that."

[spoiler=OOC ~ Sonic Time]

Sooooo Sai told me to post first...so yeah you got me! xD

Currently, with USJ, as Yui has said and described, you and your team are in your respective zones. I assume now that this is the case, you get a round of posting before Yui and I turn things on and the zones activate. Take a chance to talk strategy and even talk about the zone's design themselves!

That's me and my side...next will be Sai with his end of the plot and the Battle Trials and the OOC information to give to y'all PvP people!

TAKE IT AWAY SAI MY MAN!!

Nick put his hands behind his head as he heard Cole and him were on separate teams. Well... That wasn't good. If he wasn't there with Cole, then the poor kid could get hurt! Sure, he put Cole through some... Questionable things, but he would never push it too far. He would be there to jump to the defense of his friend. But now... He couldn't do that.

He looked around the lush forest, looking straight at the city. "Well, shall we get saving?" Nick asked his partner, scratching his cheek.

"Alright, look here. I will not lose this. I can make strong winds. Get in my way, and I'll blow you out. Mess this up for me and...well, don't mess this up, okay?!" She shot him a sharp glance, to which Altair simply raised his hands up in surrender. He wasn't confident enough to deal with this... Wait... Did she just crack her knuckles like a badass? Oh crap, he was in trouble.

"Don't. Mess. This. Up." She said again, looking to him.

"Oh, blow me, Windy. Better yet, blow him, eh?" Nova quipped. He really didn't seem happy.

"Nova! Stop it!" Altair snapped as he hit the symbol in the middle of his chest. There was a groan of pain from Nova before he shook his head. "S-sorry about my partner... A-anyways, Nova can morph parts of the suit into weapons or tools," He held up his right hand, which sharpened to a point to make his point. He looked nervously into the town as his hand returned to normal. Could they really do this?

Terro sighed to himself as he looked around the observation room. It wasn't really anything to spectacular, just a room with metal walls, a few couches to lounge on, and a bunch of screens showing every possible corner of the city. It was dark, except for an eerie green lighting and the computer screens illuminating the room.

"Um... sir?" Terro turned to see a student looking at him, hand raised timidly. "If... If you don't mind me asking, why did you choose us in particular? For whatever it is we're doing?" she sounded super nervous. Ah well, a small price to pay for being a teacher.

"... Honestly kid, process of elimination," he admitted as he pulled out a clipboard and flipped through the pages on it. "The heroes are on a team because they remind me of a Super Sentai Squad, and I had a bit of nostalgia for my time in one," he shrugged. He highly doubted these kids knew who he was, so that detail of his life wasn't important.

Sure, it would be a lie to say he wasn't a bit bitter over that fact that the only member of his former team that got any recognition and was still a famous hero was Big Blue. Hell, he married another member and they had a kid... What was his name again...? Ah, yeah, Nick. Still, if Big Blue was in town, he would go get some food with the guy.

"As for the villains, I threw the ones with powers that specifically similar but better than the heroes," A hero would always find a stronger villain. It was their job to adapt and find the way to victory. "You all were what was left. Don't worry. I won't be having you handle a live nuke like them," he sighed as he folded his arms. "Thank God we don't use real civilians like in the old days," he muttered.

He grabbed a microphone that was just sticking out of the control panel and spoke into it. "Alright, your time for planning is up! The villains get a three minute head start. Good luck to all of you! BEGIN!"

[spoiler=OOC] Alright, villains, go get your nuke! After villains post, heroes gotta stop them! The rest of you... Well, either be smartasses to what the people do or just talk amongst yourself. You are going to have to work together in the future, after all.

Ryder Greene, Corner

"So what power do you hold? That pendant you hold, it seems quite precious to you. Might it be your Vessel?"

T-This?! O-Oh, yeah...” Ryder mumbled, staring intensely at the gem as she walked, “I w-was planning on showing you what it did when we got to the earthquake zone, but if you wanna know...” The young girl extended her hand in front of her and closed her eyes. The pendant shone a white light and a dark hole-like portal appeared in front of the girls, from which a gargantuan stone arm emerged, floating idle in the air, “This is Goliath. My Stand-I mean, my Vessel, which I summon from this here pendant!” By mere thought again the portal closed as suddenly as it opened and the girls continued their small trip.

Reaching the earthquake zone, Ryder puffed her generous chest up, “Brute strength is my forte! I've got this!” She stated triumphant, trying to look confident but actually just convincing herself that she won't f*** this up. Impatient, one could see beads of sweat rolling down Ryder's forehead, “A-Anyways...since we're already here...M-May I see your Fragment as well, Victoria?”

x393wz.jpg

Alejandro Ferro, Hephaestus

"I'm also capable of creating strong winds of cold air, so we can slow the other team down a fair bit. I can't overuse my Fragment though, since I'm not exactly immune to the cold myself. Hence...well, all this. You good at planning, Alejandro? Or should we just gung ho it?"

Alejandro chuckled heartily, stretching his arms backwards, “I have the slight disadvantage of not knowing their Fragments at all. I also have the advantage of them not knowing mine. So, I'd say we just play it defensively. If you can call up a snow storm around the nuke we can move it around pretty safely. If all fails, caigamos de caradura.” The young man proudly stated, before remembering his partner probably didn't speak spanish, “I mean...let's just wing it. Gung ho, as you said, 'k piba? Which reminds me...”

"Alright, your time for planning is up! The villains get a three minute head start. Good luck to all of you! BEGIN!" 

Taken aback by the sudden statement, it took Alejandro a moment to process that they should already be moving. Being quite athletic for his age, he started sprinting at a decent speed, making sure Aurora could keep up, “Those clothes look heavy enough to deter movement quite a bit,” he thought, but decided to save for himself.

After running for a block or two, making sure the hero team couldn't see them anymore, the young man came to a halt, “Phew...okay, here's the deal, piba.” Lifting his hand, Alejandro's Fragment activated; his body armor started changing shapes, taking a liquid-like contexture as it slid down his leg and onto the floor, where it rearranged into a saucer-shaped hollow sled, big enough to fit the two of them, albeit a bit cramped, “Helios' Chariot'll take us to the nuke in an instant. Just hold on tight, 'cuz if you fall at that speed...it's gonna hurt. Trust me.” With that warning Alejandro stepped on the 'Chariot' and extended an inviting hand for Aurora to do the same. Once they got on, it was just a matter of using his Fragment to move the sled forward, which in turn'd move them as well. Simple, yet effective, "Unless you've got an objection? 'Cuz I'm all ears."

"Oh, blow me, Windy. Better yet, blow him, eh?" Nova quipped. He really didn't seem happy.

At first, Emily almost punched him right in the face. How dare he say that to her! Did he not care that they needed to work on the same page to achieve this? Even worse, this "Nova" seemed to be quite frustrated. It wasn't her fault the person he was on seemed like total pushover. But before she actually punched him, she stopped. She couldn't let anger cloud her judgement. Instead, she would roll with it, see if she could manipulate him into helping her rather than fighting with her.

"Tell ya what, if we do this, I'll consider it." Her tone was softer this time, and she threw in a wink. 

"Alright, your time for planning is up! The villains get a three minute head start. Good luck to all of you! BEGIN!

Emily began counting in her head, eyeing the 'villains.' The cute one seemed to have his plan all figured out. Damn could he run. The two of them booked it until they were out of sight. Strange too, the one girl seemed all bundled up. Wouldn't that many layers be an inconvience to this mission? After all, running in layers was a pain, but running in layers when it was hot? That was a questionable move. Still, Emily didn't have much longer to ponder the fragment.

3 minutes

"Lets go."  With that, she pointed her palms outwards. Immediately, a strong gust picked up. Emily ran along with it, using the fast winds to increase her speed. "Try and keep up~" She shouted back to him, as she began following the direction she spotted the opponents heading off in.

KCc49dD.png

“I have the slight disadvantage of not knowing their Fragments at all. I also have the advantage of them not knowing mine. So, I'd say we just play it defensively. If you can call up a snow storm around the nuke we can move it around pretty safely. If all fails, caigamos de caradura. I mean...let's just wing it. Gung ho, as you said, 'k piba? Which reminds me...”

However, before Alejandro could go over what he was reminded of, he was cut off by the teacher with a declaration of "Alright, your time for planning is up! The villains get a three minute head start. Good luck to all of you! BEGIN!"

And Alejandro was off! He was a speedy one, but Aurora wasn't about to let herself get one-upped so soon. While she was no star athlete herself, and found her movements deterred even further by her hero costume (safety first, kids), Aurora was at least able to keep sight of Alejandro as he ran about, though she moved considerably slower than he did. By the time she'd caught up, he was a block away, out of sight from the heroes.

“Phew...okay, here's the deal, piba. Helios' Chariot'll take us to the nuke in an instant. Just hold on tight, 'cuz if you fall at that speed...it's gonna hurt. Trust me. Unless you've got an objection? 'Cuz I'm all ears."

"Let's do it," Aurora said, stepping onto the chariot Alejandro had formed. This was a pretty impressive Fragment he had. She'd have to make sure to show just what she was capable of as well; there were heroes trying to stop her from moving the nuke, after all. The fit in the chariot was a bit tight, but she could manage. And thus, onward the chariot moved. As it moved along throughout the battle trial arena, Aurora couldn't help but lay out a plan of her own in her head. She'd have to be one step ahead to keep those heroes off the nuke.

Three minutes later...

"Okay, let's do this!" Aurora exclaimed. "If you can make a chariot big enough to move us and the nuke, I can give us some tailwind to move even faster. Might get pretty cold if I do that though; are you cool with that?"

rtGOeZW.png

"Honestly, given the handicap on one...I believe those girls in the Flood Zone might have the toughest job."

What handicap? Oh well, no bother. Nadia voiced her opinion on which students would do poorly, and was met with an answer in turn.

"Oh? Would that be the reason of the one not having a Fragment?"

"One of them doesn't have a Fragment?" Nadia asked in response.

"Well, believe it or not, I wouldn't have chosen that kid to attend Mar-Vell if I didn't sense any potential in him. I mean hell, you and Terro both had students you picked to attend Mar-Vell for one reason or another... That kid down there...he deserves a chance just like all the other aspiring heroes down there. I truly believe that."

"If he really doesn't have a Fragment, this might be just the thing he needs to get it up and running. If he does well even without one, he's got more hero in him than the other students. Unless he does poorly here, it's really a win-win for the kid." With that, Nadia reached into the newly-opened box and pulled out a yellow candy from inside, popping it in her mouth and chewing before sending the chewed-up candy down her throat. Now then, she had to confirm if he really didn't have any Fragment, but also had to get the tests started. There was also the issue of one of the Flood Zone girls having some sort of handicap. At present, she was regretting not having read up on the student files before the USJ tests started.

Nadia pressed down on a button labelled "INTERCOM" and spoke into the nearby microphone. In all four zones and even in the USJ's central area, speakers placed throughout the building would fill the USJ with the sound of Nadia's voice.

"Alright kids, the USJ tests will start now! Save some lives, and try not to endanger your own too seriously."

With the press of another button, the zones came alive, presenting everybody with their own simulated disaster.

In the wildfire zone, the small jets at the bottom of the zone walls spewed out fire, igniting the trees at the edges of the zone as a group of fans situated along the wall of the door spinned into life, creating a hearty breeze that carried the hot air straight toward the city in the middle of the zone. And with it, the fire would spread. And spread. It was indeed a wildfire; one that soon found itself at the edges of the city area in the center, setting the outermost buildings ablaze as well. It was time for the heroes to move out and start evacuating people from the burning buildings.

The flood zone had problems of its own. The countless rain bars overhead switched on all at once, bombarding the girls within with walls of intense rainfall. Along with the falling rain, the aqueducts at the walls began to rumble, before gushing forth with mass quantities of water all their own. As the two rushed up the stairs simply to avoid being washed away before their trial could even begin, the water level rose higher and higher with each second. Once they were at the town area, the water wasn't far behind. It was time for the heroes to guide the dummy civilians away from their small, susceptible homes, and to the larger and sturdier library in the back.

The earthquake zone wasn't a calm place anymore, either. The ground began rumbling and shaking violently, costing the two students within their stable footing. It wasn't themselves they should have been worried about, however. It was the buildings and structures around them, as they cracked, swayed, and slowly crumbled. The zone had become chaos in its own right, and the buildings - along with any dummy civilians inside - were now in grave danger. It was time for the heroes to preserve as many lives and buildings as possible in a shifting urban landscape.

Last and not least, the tornado zone. From the same speakers that Nadia's voice had come from just moments ago, sirens began blaring. Overhead, the fan on the ceiling began spinning, growing faster and faster by the moment. The dirt from the roads directly beneath the fan began to swirl and pick up before long, forming into a clearly visible funnel that reached up to the ceiling, and yet the fan was still not done accelerating. By the time it had finished, the shingles of nearby houses were being plucked and discarded from their roofs like vegetables from a picky child's dinner plate. Then the funnel of dirt and debris started moving, ripping and tearing at anything in its path. It was time for the heroes to get the dummy civilians to safety and hope for the best.

Meanwhile, back in the control room, Nadia reached for a small stack of papers that seemed to have been printed a week or so ago. She flipped through each paper, each one bearing a different student's face, until she stopped at the one with Cole's picture on it. She glanced over the paper briefly before exclaiming "Wow, he really doesn't have a Fragment."

[spoiler=OOC]Have fun with your USJ trials, folks (^_^)/

Since we've lost both Kira and Caleb's RPers, we'll be saying that they're doing well in the USJ in different ways, but we the hosts have a plan to get rid of them while they're still here. In the meantime, best of luck to each character. You're gonna need it in a room where I am a god tasked with destruction.

Hadley Fitzpatrick

Hadley swore loudly as the rain bars on the cieling of their zone blasted to life. She was deluged in an instant, her hair a sopping mop atop her head. She ran for the stairs, yelling all the while and unwittingly proving to be a very good signal for Usagi to follow.

"Oh, for f*ck's sake!" she yelled, scrambling up the steps as she pulled her long hair out of her eyes. "It's ruddy bucketin' in here!" She looked over the edge of the stairs at the raging waters below, gulping a little bit. The water was rushing and crashing like a hurricane. Still... If she aimed for a relatively calm patch, she should be able to last long enough for Collider to extract her... Right?

She shook her head, steeling her nerves for what was to come. She fixed her eyes on a wet step a few feet up ahead. They were slick with water, it certainly wouldn't raise suspicion if she were to slip and fall. Her partner would have to manage without her. She felt kind of bad, but the silly-helmeted girl probablyactually gave a sheet. She didn't.

She got ready to send herself falling off, but the helmet ran through her mind again. What was it she had said? Her yes weren't much use any-

Hadleystopped on the steps, looking back over her shoulder at Usagi, who was a little ways behind her. The girl was looking straight ahead, it seemed. She held back, waiting for the girl to draw level with her. She then lashed a fist out at the surface of Usagi's helmet, jerking it back before she could make contact. Usagi failed to react in any way.

"Are you F*CKING TAKIN' THE PISS?!" she bellowed, turning her head up into the rain to scream loudly, really trying to get her words over the crashing water to ensure their idiot teacher heard them. "Ya idiot f*ck! She's bloody BLIND, ya bollocking-" She was cut off by her own gasp of surprise as the water lapped over her shoes, soaking into her socks. She punched the side of an aqueduct that came close by the stairs.

"I'll wrap me hands around her goddamn neck for this," she spat under her breath as she resumed her run up the stairs, sprinting up them to outrun the water. "Hey, you... Whatsyourname!" She grabbed Usaki by the shoulder, spinning her around to point towards the library. "Go, stay," she yelled over the water, pulling her hair up into what started as a sodden bun but eventually became a messy ponytail. "They've worked this whole thing bloody arseways, I'll fix this sh*t. Bollockin' hell! Just... just bolt up to tha damn library, I'll get the idiots up there!"

She turned running around a corner. A few seconds later her voice could be heard hollering "Come ON, ya great heavy shite!" as she dragged a dummy back around it. 

~Muramasa~

-USJ Zone Control Room-

"One of them doesn't have a Fragment?"

"I'm disappointed in ya, Nadia." Muramasa laughed, rolling his eyes. "Didn't do the required reading."

"If he really doesn't have a Fragment, this might be just the thing he needs to get it up and running. If he does well even without one, he's got more hero in him than the other students. Unless he does poorly here, it's really a win-win for the kid."

Muramasa nodded at his colleague's response. "You're right. That's what happened with us and those who graduated in our class when we were in their shoes." he said, sighing as he recalled his first times in the USJ and the zones. A head shake came next as he chuckled. "Yeah, I'll just say that these Zones are something I don't miss."

"Alright kids, the USJ tests will start now! Save some lives, and try not to endanger your own too seriously."

He watched the screens with anticipation, waiting to see what these young bright super powered students had in their bag of tricks and what they would unleash against these zones.

x393wz.jpg

~Cole Stetson~

-USJ Tornado Zone-

-BGM-

At these words, Cole could feel his entire body tense up and his heart beating a mile a minute. C'mon Cole...y-you can do this! he thought, as he heard the sirens blaring all around them. He looked up and saw the giant ceiling fan beginning to spin faster...faster...and faster!

"HEY!"

Cole snapped out of his staring contest with the fan, seeing Caleb finally speak to him as he began to make a construct of photokinetic energy, in the appearance of butterfly wings. "We have to focus on this...so don't blow it."

"R-Right..."

The dirt from the roads began to pick up by the strength of the fan, slowly forming into a very visible funnel that reached up to the ceiling...even though it was obvious the fan hadn't even reached its top speed. Nearby, the houses had their shingles plucked from them and even discarded without even a single thought. And then...the funnel of dirt and debris began to move...

"MOVE!!" Caleb shouted, already making his way towards a few of the dummy civilians, picking them up and effectively putting them in another photokinetic construct, this one looking in the shape of a hand cart.

Cole, finally moving, made it to a few of the dummies and put them over his back. Unfortunately, he could only carry two at a time, but he did his best to rush and get the dummies into the safe zone location. Oh man...this is NOT good... he thought to himself, groaning slightly.

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=OOC]

ALRIGHT!!

The train, she is a rolling! Sai is posting next, so that's that. I will say this, since not everyone posted this go round (didn't know Yui said it was alright until recently). Next go round, you should all have something to do, so please...PLEASE...post in your respective locations and keep this RP going! ^^

Sai, as I'm aware of, will be getting things going along for the Battle Training side of this as well as his USJ post with Nick.

Also, I do want to point out, me and Sai are currently taking control of the partner heroes we were originally assigned (Caleb for me and Kira for Sai). This is saving us from having to make up NPCs for them...also, since we have our way of being rid of them, might as well make the most of it.

Nick whistled as he looked at the fire rapidly spreading. This was crazy. "We better hurry, before everything burns," he said to his partner before running off towards the city.

"I'm not blind," Kira retorted as he followed.

"Never said you were. We have an actual blind girl here to, though," Nick commented as he tapped his chin. "Wonder if she's doing okay," The actual 'test' didn't seem too hard. They had an ingenious strategy they discussed before their teacher told them to start.

Nick broke inside of a building, breaking down the door and rushing inside, hoping he could cover the whole building before the fire burned it to the ground. When he gathered all the people, he threw them out the window, where Kira somehow used his blood to make a cushion for everyone to land on. It was kinda weird in Nick's opinion, but it'd have to do.

"Tell ya what, if we do this, I'll consider it."  she then winked, which made Altair blush. He was so happy he had his mask on right now. "Lets go. Try and keep up~" with a gust of wind, she took off, quickly vanishing from his sight. Altair shook his head, trying to clear it.

"Do you think we can keep up with her?" Altair asked.

"I'm not a miracle worker," Nova retorted. Altair shook his head, running after Emily the best he could, spreading his arms. Nova created flaps under Altair's arm that caught the wind Emily created, sending him gliding into the air. He aimed upwards, trying to get as close to the top of the buildings as he could. When he got to the peak of his trajectory, he extended a hand, which turned into a tentacle. The black limb whipped out, latching on to the building and allowed Altair to swing. He repeated this process, swinging from building to building.

He only hoped he could indeed 'keep up'.

tXtTHnK.png

Suddenly, the rain blasted into vivid life, crashing down around and upon the two girls gathered within. Times like this made Usagi especially glad about the design of her costume; she hated wet hair, and the helmet was doing a good job of keeping her head dry. Usagi had been to some wet places before, but this one took the cake! The stairs were slick and wet with cascading water, and just getting up to the top was a bit of a challenge in its own right. As the two continued their dash up the stairs, Usagi flinched at the sudden outburst of her partner.

"Are you funking TAKIN' THE PISS?! Ya idiot funk! She's bloody BLIND, ya bollocking-"

Then, just as suddenly as she'd started, Usagi's partner had stopped. Usagi could feel water lapping up around her boots. The water was still rising, as one would have expected. As the two got to the top - Usagi could tell because of one step where she thought she'd still go up but fell off balance due to the lack of a stair - she could hear her partner calling out again.

"Hey, you... Whatsyourname!" Usagi suddenly felt a pair of hands on her shoulders, turning her body until she was facing a specific direction. "Go, stay. They've worked this whole thing bloody arseways, I'll fix this sh*t. Bollockin' hell! Just... just bolt up to tha damn library, I'll get the idiots up there!"

No way! I'm also here to be a hero! Dealing with diadvantageous situations like this was exactly what a hero had to deal with! Giving up here was pointless to Usagi. However, she did take very careful mental notes of where she was standing, and what direction she was facing. As she heard the partner's voice one more time, Usagi began to draw a mental map. It was still very small - just barely covering the area between herself and the other girl - but it was a start.

"Come ON, ya great heavy shite!"

"I'm helping!" Usagi called out, running in the direction of the voice she'd just heard. This was the part where Usagi paid meticulous attention to every sensation around her. For the most part, all she could hear, feel, or smell was the buckets of rain crashing down upon her. However, there was one other smell. It was vague, but she could faintly smell watermelon under all the rain smell. Usagi wanted to compliment her partner's choice in bath products, but this was far from the best time to do it. Feeling around for the dummy and putting a shoulder under it once she found the thing, Usagi said "You're pretty loud, you know that? Works out nicely for me since it lets me use your voice like a tracking device. Can you do that again when I drop this guy off, except even louder?"

Emily made note of Nova's strategy. She was glad he picked up so quickly. In no time, she blazed her way through the streets of the set, trying to locate the objective. She figured it would be best to encounter them on the source and spring an ambush, take them out of commission before they had a chance to win. Though this plan was super vague and assume they would win without a hinge. Emily knew better, especially around others with powers like herself. But the rest of her plot would have to wait. She noticed her partner ascend a building. For once, it seemed as if he had a good idea without her help. She decided an aerial view would help them. An aerial perspective would help her locate the villains and the objective.

Picking up speed, she sprung from the ground to the wall of the nearest building, creating a tailwind going up. Initially, she was sprinting up the building, though soon enough her burst of speed started to falter. To prevent from falling back down, she flipped off the building and used the second part of her abilities to create a strong burst of wind, propelling herself up the remainder of the distance, and gracefully landing on the large building, overlooking the scene. She caught sight of the objective not far ahead, and it appeared as if the 'villains' had yet to reach it. This was good. She still had a short distance to cover, but given her power she could make it in a few more minutes. For now, it was time to think it through.

"Alright...lets see here. The objective is right up ahead, and they'll have to retrieve it. We can wait there and set up an ambush...though playing it safe seems to be the best course of action. Given Nova's power, the two of us can easily overpower one of them in an unfair fight...so the plan seems simple. Ambush and isolate.if one of them has a vessel, all we have to do is disarm them. Now for the schematics of the plan...and how to isolate them. That should be simple enough. I leap from above, use my fragment to blow one of them as far back, then have Nova add some additional force to blat them far off location. Then we gang up on the one, and hunt down the other. Truly genius. Now to get him in on this plan..."

Having decided her next course of action, she motioned for him to advance to her location. Upon his arrival, she would relay her current plan, getting ready for the fight that was sure to ensue in just a few minutes. She adjusted her mask, made sure her gloves were fastened.

"Any last minute questions?" She asked him, raising her left brow.

uqvJT61.png?1

Sitting there in the observation room, August had awaited what was going on with the other students who were with him for whatever thing they were to do after this whole hero villain exorcise. He wasn't too familiar with either of the ones next to him, one seeming as though they had transferred in this year, which wasn't uncommon for this academy, and one who had he had only seen in passing the year prior. Nevertheless, the both of them didn't exactly seem like the chatty type, and neither was August, really, and so he had left them to watching what was going on between the currently active students as he had been as well. 

Granted, there wasn't much for them to quite observe just yet, as both teams were either setting up or simply trying to close distance. So instead, August went to observe the powers and capabilities of those who were already out. He completely glossed over Aurora in his first check, being simply already completely aware of what the girl was capable of and similarly moved past Altair, as he was somewhat familiar with what the boy's suit was like from the year prior. As such, he then moved on to two that he had zero recollection of seeing the year prior. There was the one boy, who was with Aurora, that seemed to have some odd ability to create some kind of vehicle for the two to ride, though that power in of itself seemed incredibly oddly specific so there was likely far more to it than just that. Then, conversly, there was the girl with the far less showy power, who was simply running down the streets in an attempt to cover distance. August realized, at the very least the element of, her fragment as she started scaling a building, propelling herself up with relative easy. 

Seeing this combination of fragments and the one vessel user, August simply tried to gather as much information as he could on them. While it wasn't a completely necessity, knowing all one could was a valuable skill in being a hero, and as such a skill that the boy needed to have. It also helped him with making predictions on how to approach each situation and in the event of a fight who would come out the victor. And from as far as the boy could tell, even without her partner, there was hardly a way August could see Aurora losing right now. 

Ryder Greene, Corner

Before Ryder could get a proper answer from her partner the ground shook tremendously, the young woman landing on her butt before quickly getting up again, both arms to the side to balance herself. Along with the ground, the buildings started shaking as well, slowly crumbling from the base, "Well, that's it for idle chit chat!" Ryder thought as she sprinted towards the nearest building, where she could see through the broken windows that a couple of 'civilians' were trapped in the second floor. 

"Goliath! Boost me!" Ryder's pendant shone, the entirety of her golem friend appearing in front of her with both hands placed together on the ground, making some sort of platform which Ryder climbed effortlessly. Afterwards the rocky monster swung upwards, propelling Ryder towards the second floor, where she held onto the window frame and clumsily climbed inside, "Fuc-...Ouch!" In her desperate effort to enter the building, Ryder had cut her hands open with the broken glass. 

"I'll just...have it bandaged." The top priority right now were the civilians, which were light enough for Ryder to carry on her shoulders before jumping down from where she climbed, Goliath catching her mid-air, "Two down, who-knows-how-many-more to go!"

x393wz.jpg

Three minutes later...

With the bomb finally in sight at about two blocks from them, Alejandro started slowing down, looking around at his environment. This was a mock city, so ripping copper wires from the floor was probably not going to be possible. He managed to slide near a fake fire hydrant and a pair of manholes, all thankfully metal and not paper mâché, using his Fragment to pull both towards him as the chariot kept moving, the objects flying behind the villain team.

"Okay, let's do this!" Aurora exclaimed. "If you can make a chariot big enough to move us and the nuke, I can give us some tailwind to move even faster. Might get pretty cold if I do that though; are you cool with that?"

"Hmm..." Alejandro descended from the chariot as they arrived at the nuke and, after Aurora had gotten down from it as well, molded that along with the metal from the manholes to create a bigger Helios' Chariot, "I could, but it'd be pretty thin and we'd be...unprotected. We'd be faster, sure...but would be completely screwed if they caught up to us." 

Extending his right hand, Alejandro activated his Fragment one final time, morphing the fire hydrant into three long chains, all coiled around his arms, and ending in cuffs, "We'll be safer running alongside the chariot. Speaking of which, it's been like what, five minutes? The hero team should be really close. Stay sharp, Aurora."

With that said, an awfully confident Alejandro started moving the payload towards the objective, at a jogging pace as to not lose stamina quickly. In the back of the young man's mind, however, the thought that this wasn't gonna be as simple as he thought grew with each passing second.

rtGOeZW.png

"Are you funking TAKIN' THE PISS?! Ya idiot funk! She's bloody BLIND, ya bollocking-"

Meanwhile in the Flood Zone, it seemed one of the girl wasn't so happy about Nadia's decision-making. If she was being entirely honest, Nadia wasn't entirely satisfied herself. She would have preferred to deliberately put each student in a nigh-unwinnable situation, but wasn't able to do that without knowing each student's power. Students in other zones were doing okay, and despite her apparent lack of vision, the other girl in the Flood Zone was even doing her best to help. Nadia had a good feeling about this class. She was about to reach for the zone controls, but ultimately decided against it. For now. She'd rather the students think "Oh, this isn't as bad as I thought" before things really got going.

"Not going to miss the USJ, huh?" Nadia asked. "Personally, I'd like to run through the zones again myself sometime. I could do with some..." Nadia stopped her sentence there. She spotted something moving on one of the monitors. There was somebody in the Wildfire Zone. She didn't quite recognize the face, but an unknown figure on Mar-Vell grounds could only mean one thing. As if to confirm her suspicions, she caught a glimpse of another figure - this one was male - running around in the Tornado Zone. "We've got company," Nadia said. "You take the woman in the Wildfire Zone, I'll handle the guy in the Tornado Zone."

Nadia once again reached for the intercom button.

"Keep calm, students, but we've got company. I want you all to drop what you're doing and go somewhere our uninvited guests won't find you. We're on our way to deal with them."

I just hope the students don't get hurt, Nadia thought to herself as she reached for the USJ controls. Dials, switches, and more controlled the intensity of each different zone. Nadia began fiddling around with the controls for just a moment, before setting down the box of candy in her hand, and emptying her costume's pocket of two more boxes, all of which were set down on the control panel. It was time for some real work. "They screwed with the wrong class."

As much as she'd have liked to use the controls to intensify the danger of each zone, that wasn't an option. While it would hinder the villains, it also meant endangering the students. Previously, she'd intended to still do precisely that, but it was only "acceptable" because she and Tatsuo would have been there to rescue any students that were in serious danger. Still endangering them like that when there was nobody to watch over and rescue them was irresponsible, both as a teacher and as a hero. This meant a few things.

While the Wildfire Zone still had fires of its own to deal with, sprinklers overhead switched on, bringing down cool water to fight off both the heat and the fire. The Flood Zone's rain bars and sprinkler heads relented in their assault, and the water level around the large platform began to sink rapidly. The Earthquake Zone's shaking and rumbling slowed down before ultimately stopping entirely, and in the Tornado Zone, the fan on the ceiling slowed and stopped as well, even if the sirens hadn't been deactivated. The Unforeseen Simulation Joint's simulated disasters had been cut short, but the trial was by no means over, for the students or teachers.

EHNMFlP.jpg

Sprinklers? Bunch of cowards.

She'd been given the instructions, clear as day. Come to the USJ, pick up a student, and take them away. They were not to be killed; something she wasn't a big fan of. If she'd had it her way, the USJ would just be lined with explosives and destroyed all at once. Instead, here she was, in a so-called Wildfire Zone, searching from the rooftops for a student to capture. And as luck would have it, she found two! They're gonna love what I bring back with me.

To most, her next move would seem suicidal. She jumped from her position on the rooftop, plummeting to the ground along with the water around her. As the ground drew nearer, however, she made her move. Her arms suddenly pointed downward, and from them, jets of flame shot downward, slowing her fall down considerably and letting her land safely. She then looked the two boys before her dead in the eyes.

"I'll cut to the chase," she said. "You're coming with me, unless you want the coroner to need dental records for when he finds your charred skeleton."

KCc49dD.png

"I could, but it'd be pretty thin and we'd be...unprotected. We'd be faster, sure...but would be completely screwed if they caught up to us."

I still think we'd be fine, Aurora mentally retorted. If Alejandro wasn't okay with the plan, she wasn't about to force him to go along with it. Partners and all. She had to admit, that Fragment of his was pretty neat. He was turning manholes into more chariot, wrapping fire hydrants around his wrist...it vaguely made her think of the possibility that August could do something similar, just with sheer strength instead of actually manipulating the metal.

"We'll be safer running alongside the chariot. Speaking of which, it's been like what, five minutes? The hero team should be really close. Stay sharp, Aurora."

"Got it. Watch out for heroes, and give them a good blast of cold when they show up." Too easy. There wasn't really any challenge in something that trivial, was there? Regardless, Aurora kept a jogging pace similar to Alejandro's, picking up her speed every now and then when she started falling behind. Her eyes kept moving from place to place, keeping on the lookout for heroes. The nuke had to be transported safely...those were words she never thought would go through her head. What the hell was that teacher thinking, using a real nuke!?

"So you mentioned us 'gringos' being weird with our measurements," Aurora casually said. Not that he'd be able to see it, but she was smiling. "Where ya from, Ale? And what brings all the way to Mar-Vell?"

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

Before the Intrusion

Cole couldn't believe this was happening. The Tornado Zone was going into pretty much overtime at this point. The winds in the zone began to pick up to incredible high speeds, the sirens warning of impending tornadoes wouldn't stop at all. It was almost too much for Cole to bear.

Alright...C-Caleb has gotten the bulk of the civilians dummies to safety. I-I gotta get out of here...! he thought, about to turn tail and run, but stopped short. Something caught his eye when he turned around the opposite direction. And when he looked back, his eyes widened a bit.

Further inspection showed that a young woman was currently on the ground near house's driveway. Cole was shocked, this didn't look like a dummy civilian...but a real life, flesh and blood one. W-What the hell? H-H-How did she get here...? Cole thought, seeing the tornado come closer and closer towards the house. This was bad. Cole had to help her...but there was no way he could get there in time. His fists clenched, the young man contemplating what he should do. W-What do I do? C-Caleb is nowhere near her! Cole thought, swallowing hard. However, in that moment, his legs started to move on their own...almost on instinct.

-BGM-

"HANG ON!!" Cole shouted, as he ran towards the young woman.

"Whoa...whoa!" Muramasa shouted, watching what was transpiring on the screen for the Tornado Zone. What is this kid thinking? With how fast the tornado is coming...he'll never make it! he thought, before finally seeing the civilian Cole was running to.

Why? Why did I run out like this? I'm not going to make it! he thought, before trying to run even faster. N-No!! I got to save her! C'mon legs...C'MON!!!

Before Cole could do anything else, his legs began to move faster...and faster. Soon Cole could feel the wind rushing past him at a breakneck speed. This surge of adrenaline...it was AMAZING!! The young man kept pushing himself and pushing himself, before finally skidding to a halt at the woman's side.

"W-Whoa..." Cole marveled at what occurred, but only for a short moment. "C'mon...and hang on!!"

Without so much of a warning, Cole grabbed the woman and put her on his back, before running away from the spot...once again at the breakneck speed that he did earlier. Something about it just seemed so natural to him. The air around him, the wind on his face, the ground beneath his feet...this...this speed. However, being lost in the way that this happened, Cole's foot hit a large puddle of rain water and it cause the young man to slip and fall, tossing the woman off his back as the two landed quite the number of miles away from the tornado.

Cole slowly began to catch his breath, only catching the strong scent of burnt clothes. Upon further inspection, Cole noticed his shoes and P.E. uniform were beginning to show signs of catching fire.

"I-Incredible!" Muramasa only marveled at the sight of what occurred. Never before had he seen much of anything like what Cole just did. His legs...no doubt about it. His body moved before he could think...this kid. This must've been the push he finally needed...a Fragment that makes him fast... Muramasa only smiled before turning to look at Nadia. "Well, Nadia...I believe it just might be an interesting year for you yet."

However...celebrations couldn't be exactly enjoyed...not now...

The Intrusion Begins

-BGM-

"We've got company."

Muramasa quickly moved, looking at the screens that Nadia pointed to. Unfortunately, she was correct. This had never happened before...how did these intruders even gain access to this facility? Where did they come from? One thing was for sure...something was off.

"You take the woman in the Wildfire Zone, I'll handle the guy in the Tornado Zone."

"Aye aye." Muramasa nodded, turning on his heel to run out of the control room. "Keep your wits about you!" he shouted, making his way back into the USJ's main floor. Running towards the Wildfire Zone, Muramasa made haste. The two in that zone: Nick Biri and Kira Ousawa, they needed help. Alright...you've actually gone through this Zone before, Tatsuo...you know everything about this place. he thought, recalling his time as a student.

He rushed through the Zone...hoping to make it to the two boys in time...

Meanwhile, in the Tornado Zone...

"Keep calm, students, but we've got company. I want you all to drop what you're doing and go somewhere our uninvited guests won't find you. We're on our way to deal with them."

Cole heard the voice of Collider on the intercom. He could only slowly lean up, looking around him as he saw that the Tornado Zone slowly started to deactivate. What was more, he couldn't see the lady he saved moments earlier...only a dummy a few feet from him. D-Did my eyes play tricks on me? he thought, standing up as he finally noticed the scent of burning clothes. He remembered what happened...but right now wasn't the time to do anything.

"Caleb?! Caleb!!" Cole shouted, trying to find his photokinetic partner.

Meanwhile, a bit away from Cole in the center of the Tornado Zone, Caleb stood. His gaze was fixated on an individual, one he couldn't see the face or exactly the appearance. He glanced out of the corner of his eye, noticing Cole roaming around the center of the zone, but right now...he was a liability.

"Alright. I don't know who you think you are...but you picked the wrong time for this." he spoke venomously. "Now, what the hell are you doing here?!"

Battle Training

"Alright...it seems your classmates are doing fairly well so far." Terro spoke, watching everything transpire with the current hero and villain team that was in play. However, he felt the phone he had in his pocket vibrate. It wasn't usual for his phone to go off in the middle of a class...unless it was something important. Looking down, he saw it was from Tatsuo Date, better known as Muramasa.

Tatsuo? Wasn't he with Nadia in the USJ? Terro thought, wondering why his former classmate and now co-worker was messaging him about. However...the open message was one he didn't see coming.

Terro...we got intruders over at the USJ. We were in the middle of the Zone training...look, just keep your class well monitored. Nadia and I are in the process of apprehending the two. Just keep an eye out on your end.

Terro's grip on his phone grew tighter, as he quickly put his phone away. This was definitely unheard of... Intruders? On the campus of Mar-Vell? It was strange indeed...but now, now Terro had to watch the screens even more closely. He wouldn't let his students get put in harms way like this. Be safe...both of you. he thought, crossing his arms slowly.

[spoiler=OOC]

BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAAAAAIN!! XD

Sorry, couldn't help that one. Anywho, no GM post from Sai due to his vacation. However, i did my best to help!

Now, for those who are still here, prepare for your assignments!

USJ - Training is over...not because they want it to be, but we got intruders. The Wildfire and Tornado Zones are the main ones, however, everyone else is to follow Nadia's instruction on laying low until the given okay. As for Wildfire, you have been approached. Muramasa is currently navigating to reach your location... Keep your heads low and try to avoid a fight if possible. IF possible...

Battle Training - Those in the middle of your training, continue onward. The information given to Terro hasn't been announced yet. As for you with Terro, feel free to notice Terro reacting about the text he got. Note, you won't be able to have read it, but bringing up his demeanor would be interesting.

We're getting back in the swing of things...let's roll up them sleeves and get to work! PLUS ULTRA....and EXCELSIOR!!!

Nick was a bit confused. The sprinklers suddenly turned on just as they had finished their job. Was that a good thing? A bad one? He had no idea.

"Keep calm, students, but we've got company. I want you all to drop what you're doing and go somewhere our uninvited guests won't find you. We're on our way to deal with them." Nick nodded to himself as he heard that. Company, was it? If it was some great hero, they wouldn't stop, they'd turn up the intensity to show off. No, this could only mean a villain had appeared on the scene.

"Well then, guess this is our real trial begins...," The electric wielder muttered. He had to take a fast jog to the Tornado Zone... he needed to make sure Cole was okay. However, a woman leapt from the roof, using her flames to slow herself down and land safely.

"I'll cut to the chase," she said. "You're coming with me, unless you want the coroner to need dental records for when he finds your charred skeleton." Nick got a good look at her as she made threats. Well, she was fairly toned for one, and her skin was tanned in an odd shade... maybe it was the fire? He could see burns across her body, but the most identifying thing about her was the fact her right cheek and lips had been burnt into a hole, showing off her teeth.

All in all, she was pretty hot, both literally and figuratively.

"Alright, hot stuff, let's just cool off a bit, eh?" Nick asked. "How about I go with you, but on the condition we stop for a nice cup of tea on the way?" Before he could see the results of his top tier flirting, Kira ran off to charge at her. Well... crap. The blue haired wielder of lightning decided to stay back and obverse. Going in with a hot head was not going to help against a literal hotter head.

The security at this Mar-Vell was laughably easy for one such as him to crack. He was a master of breaking and entering, emphasis on breaking. They even made it all the way to the Zones they were supposed to go. However... he couldn't help but feel a little worry. His thoughts went to his partners... he only hoped they would be able to escape the den of their enemies unscathed. 

"Be safe. Especially you... Jolokia," He thought to himself as he laid eyes on his target. He adjusted his tattered cape as he took a step towards him. 

"Alright. I don't know who you think you are...but you picked the wrong time for this." he spoke venomously. "Now, what the hell are you doing here?!"

"Who I am doesn't matter," The villain spoke, his voice deep and booming. "What matters is that you come with me...," The villain dashed at Caleb and reached out to grab him. The battle had begun!

"Any last minute questions?" Altair thought to himself as he mused over the idea. It sounded solid to him. 

"Yeah, are you ready to be wow-ed? Time to show off!" Nova commented. Altair shook his head.

"Nope, we're good to go," He stated, giving her a thumbs up.

Kaede Hasegawa

Kaede had retreated to a far corner of the room from the others, a bit shy in doing so. She was still paying rapt attention, though, looking at the display to see the goings-on in the city.

"A wind-based Fragment?" she asked, seeing the movements of the hero team. "Wonder how that'll interact with the ice-based... hmmm..." She looked down, and a sunburst of radiant rainbow light lit up the room as the Library unfurled in her hands. Hadley traced her fingers over the glowing runes, occassionally looking up to peer through the display again, then back at her scroll. This continued for several minutes before she said, allmost like an afterthought:

"Hey, you guys? Um, name's Kaede, here." She didn't take her eyes off the runes of the Library. "What kind of powers you guys packing, if you don't mind me asking?" She finally stopped her perusing of the Library to look up at August and Isabelle, a conspiratorial smile across her face. "I think if sensei here has a plan for us in particular," she whispered, pointing at the professor, "Then maybe we better be prepared, yeah?"

- - - - - 

Hadley Fitzpatrick

Hadley was still struggling with the awkward dummy when Usagi was there again, in exactly the wrong place Hadley had told her to go.

"Look, I appreciate ye tryin' to help, but let me be a rope on this one, aight?" she asked, yanking the dummy away again. "You're blind, and they're idiots for tossin ye' in a place where you can walk off into all that great water." The dummy slid out of her grip, smacking into the ground again. "God DAMN!" she yowled, punching the wall next to her.

The brick of the wall snapped and cracked, fissures spreading out across its surface, rhytmically with the pounding of the rain, the two overlapping in a crescendoing harmony. Hadley jerked her scraped hand away, blanching. The cracking immediately stopped, and Hadley was suddenly more aware than before of just how loud the pounding rain around them was. 

She hurriedly backed away from Usagi, clutching at a lamppost. She looked away from Usagi's face... for some reason. "I... I can't help ye," she said, suddenly quiet, barely audible over the crashing rain. "It... It's already bollockin' loud in 'ere... If I go on yellin' it'll only make things worse. I'll hu... Look, just, please, go to the damn library, aight? You can take that one, he's yours. I'm sorry." She turned to head off, looking for another civilian. 

She only got several minutes before she heard a coice.

"Keep calm, students, but we've got company."

"Eh?" Hadley looked up, recognizing the voice of Collider. "What the-"

I want you all to drop what you're doing and go somewhere our uninvited guests won't find you. We're on our way to deal with them."

"Uninvited..." Hadley looked around, confused. She couldn't see anyone in the zone besides them, not from here, anyway... Wait. She could actually see more than ten feet. She looked up, realizing the cascade was slowing, the eventual drizzle petering out to a few dripping rain bars.

"What the hell?" she asked, looking around her. She had gotten maybe two hundred feet from where she had left Usagi, turning two corners to do so. She couldn't see her now.

"Aw SH*T!" she hissed, turning back on her heel, her eyes darting around to try and find any sign of movement, good or bad. "HEY!" she yelled, disregarding her fear of her voice. "HEY, er... WHATSYERNAME! HELMET GAL!" She keptturning her head, looking down alleyways and streets, frantic. 

Where are ye, ye sack of sh*tshe thought ruefully, stopping at a group of buildings that were tall, narrow, and full of dark windows. She screamed loudly, smacking her hands against the wall with all the force she could muster. Ye can work now, PLEASE, she thought fervently.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as Emily predicted, the two of them had no idea they were right above, waiting for the optima time to strike. Emily watched  the two exit the building, objective in hand. No matter, they would not be able to fight and carry it off. She analyzed the two real quick. One was a cutie, the other looked like she overdressed for the weather. The bulky girl would be much harder to affect with her fragment, so she decided her initial attack would be on the boy. As soon as the were in range, she lept from her vantage point and created a tailwind right at him. She rode along it, fist drawn, ready to make contact with him.

"Alright...don't mess this up. Position, and strike when in range."

After the mental coaching, she prepared her fragment, ready to release a powerful gust of wind should he make contact. Her goal was either knock him out with one (pun intended) blow, or at the very least make him much less capable at fighting.

"So you mentioned us 'gringos' being weird with our measurements, where ya from, Ale? And what brings all the way to Mar-Vell?"

Alejandro chuckled at the scene. Here he was, having his first real conversation in this country since he arrived, and with a probably-cute girl, idly chit-chatting as he carried a nuclear payload around like a kid with a bucket full of sand, "Oh yeah, I did say that. I'm Argentinian. Wa~y down south of the continent. It's a really nice place actually, save for the poverty. Yet again, I think that's an issue everywhere you go...Ehem. Anyways, you asked why I travelled all the way here? It's...really simple actually. You know heroes? Like, not the ones we're working to be right now, but the legendary ones, from greek mythology and the such. Achilles, Heracles, Perseus...they weren't perfect, they were actually far more human than godly...but they were always shown doing great things, despite their faults. That's the kind of person I aspire to be one day..." Realizing he went a bit overboard with the sharing, Alejandro blushed and tried to finish quickly, "W-Well, I got a letter from Mar-Vell and figured it'd be the best way to get there, at some point...and well, my family could also use the extra money. How about you, piba? What made you want to be a hero?"

Right after getting a response from Aurora, but before he could answer, Alejandro heard the sound of a gust of wind blowing behind him. Getting closer. It couldn't be...? The young man turned around and, just barely a couple of feet in front of him, one of the heroes was rushing towards them. Or so Alejandro thought, since it was just a pink blur, "Aur-" tried to call out, yet it was too late: the hero jabbed him straight in the jaw, then what appeared to be a miniature hurricane emerged from the fist blowing Alejandro away.

"Cerberus!" Just as Alejandro started flying away, the chains coiled around his arm extended towards the ground, the cuffs on the ends turning into spikes and burying through the concrete. This way, the young man was blown a much shorter distance, about 50 feet away, albeit he still landed on his face, "D-Damn it...we fell right into their trap! Aurora! The other one must be just around the corner!" Stumbling to get up, his nose probably broken and his face bloodied, Alejandro pulled himself to his chains' anchor point with his Fragment, gaining enough momentum to jump and aim a kick at his attacker's stomach.

-------------------------------------

Ryder Greene, Corner

"Keep calm, students, but we've got company. I want you all to drop what you're doing and go somewhere our uninvited guests won't find you. We're on our way to deal with them.

"Haven't we just started...? Did I do something wrong? Oh gosh..." thought to herself Ryder, after saving her third civilian. The shaking suddenly ended. Confused, she decided to just head back to the entrance and hope to get an explanation there.

uqvJT61.png?1

As the classroom assignment of fighting over a nuke continued between the teams, August continued to watch the two teams move out and get closer to the objective. While he was continuing to watch how each person displayed their fragments, someone amongst their group had finally spoken up. Looking over to the Asian girl, who named herself as Kaede, and asked for what it was that they could do. Without much expression, across either his face or in his voice, the earth fragment user pointed to himself simply replying, "I'm August." As she then went on to ask him what it was he did, the boy thought about whether or not he should go into the full details of what his power was, not out of secrecy and more so just out of practicality. "As for what I do," after slightly more thought, the boy brought up one of his hands and punched it with his free one, thinking that was likely to get the message across of, hitting things hard. 

As she said that they would probably have to start planning for something new, August simply shrugged and replied back to her, saying, "not much we can prepare when there's nothing we know about it." After responding to the girl, he then looked over to see some things picking up on the screen, but noticed that the professor himself wasn't as focused on it. Instead, he seemed to be clutching his phone with a grip that looked like it'd break the device were it any flimsier. "Mr. Terro," August called out to him, asking, "is everything alright?" 

KCc49dD.png

Aurora listened as Alejandro went on about his origins in Argentina, gods being very flawed despite their divinity, and ultimately getting a letter from Mar-Vell before he hit Aurora right back with the same question she'd asked him.

"How about you, piba? What made you want to be a hero?"

"Hard to say, really. Not to toot my own horn, but I've got a hella strong Fragment. My folks an' teacher always told me growing up that I had to be responsible with it, then one day outta the blue my buddy August - he's in our class, could probably bench a semi truck if he wanted - came to me and suggested we be heroes. I liked the idea, so here we are today."

However, before the conversation could continue any further, what seemed to be a pink blur interrupted the conversation.

"Aur-"

"D-Damn it...we fell right into their trap! Aurora! The other one must be just around the corner!"

"Let's handle this girl first then!" Aurora replied. No way of knowing for sure what the Fragment was, so the best way to go about this was to play it safe. Lock her down and let Alejandro handle her; that was a good plan. And so, Aurora firmly set one foot down in front of her, and the ground around it quickly began freezing up into ice. The flash-freezing of the ground spread rapidly in front of Aurora, on a course for the pink-clad hero-in-training's feet, with the intent of hampering her mobility. Additionally, a freezing gale kicked up around Aurora, blowing toward the girl with the intent of upsetting her balance on the rapidly-spreading ice at best or making it harder to run away from Alejandro's flying kick at worst. It couldn't be seen under her costume, but Aurora winced slightly as the wind picked up around her.

Maybe I should've eased into it. ...nah.

tXtTHnK.png

Uninvited? Does that mean...

Usagi's train of thought was cut short by a booming voice echoing throughout the Flood Zone. Meanwhile, the merciless assault of water was simmering down and coming to an end, all while a girl called out, presumably for her.

"HEY! HEY, er... WHATSYERNAME! HELMET GAL!"

That's me, isn't it?

Finding the noisy partner wasn't hard at all. She was very loud; an excellent way to help a person with good ears find her. The final sound Usagi picked up from her came from over there! Like a chocoholic promised tickets to a chocolate factory, Usagi dashed toward the source of the sound. It was a bit further than she'd expected, and Usagi was just a bit out of breath by the time she'd reached the girl. However, the Flood Zone partners were reunited; Usagi could tell by the faint watermelon smell.

"Found you," Usagi panted. "You make it pretty easy. Did you know that?"

EHNMFlP.jpg

"Alright, hot stuff, let's just cool off a bit, eh? How about I go with you, but on the condition we stop for a nice cup of tea on the way?"

Whoever this boy with the pineapple head was, he didn't seem to fully grasp the situation he was in right now. A bona fide villain was right in front of him, demanding he come with her to avoid dying...and his response was flirting? The other boy, on the other hand, seemed to understand full well the threat at hand. That didn't mean he handled it well, though. His response was to try and charge Jolokia. In the Wildfire Zone. Sprinklers or not, this boy was clearly not very bright.

"Not very smart," she commented, rearing her fist back and igniting it in a blaze of glory as the infernal fist shot forward, hitting the boy hard and knocking the air right out of him. He wasn't dead, but he wouldn't be getting back up from that too soon. Now then, the pineapple.

"And you're not exactly the textbook definition of brilliant either. Last chance for you to come quietly before you end up in worse shape than this helpless lump, and you're lucky to even get this second chance." As if to indicate who "this helpless lump" was, Jolokia picked up the fallen Kira and hoisted him up over her shoulder. Normally, Jolokia didn't deal in second chances, but sprinklers and pyromancy didn't really get along. The longer she stayed here, the weaker she'd get, so she wanted to finish this quickly, before heroes could show up.

Tornado Zone

"Who I am doesn't matter. What matters is that you come with me..."

Caleb jumped back some, creating a photokinetic shield in front of him and this intruder, only watching him knock it back and grabbing a hold of him. However, the reach caused both individuals to land in an open area...to where Cole could see them.

"C-Caleb? W-What the...?" Cole started, only seeing the man gripping Caleb's throat and holding him up.

"D-Don't just...s-stand there you idiot...RUN!!" Caleb forced out, glaring at Cole, who was just shocked at this point.

Cole clenched his fists, before shifting slightly. He wasn't helpless anymore...his Fragment finally unlocked...he COULD help now. Without so much of a second thought, Cole ran towards the two, his legs kicking it into high gear as he felt himself accelerate faster towards the two. Who is this guy? What the hell does he want with Caleb? he thought, only before taking a running leap towards the man holding Caleb. Only one thing I can do...

"Let Caleb go!!!" Cole shouted, raising his fist to make contact with the strange man.

x393wz.jpg

Wildfire Zone

Muramasa kept running through the Wildfire Zone, before finally hearing the sounds of fighting...

There! Muramasa nodded, running towards the sounds, only getting to see the villain (Jolokia) shooting off a fiery fist towards one of the boys...Kira if he was correct. But this wasn't the time to be trivial with names...

The swordsman, swiftly went to his vessel: Keys to the Kingdom. His hand reached towards a blue key as it unhooked from the keyring as he quickly inserted it on the bottom end of his katana...finally emerging from the shadows...

-BGM-

"Rise from the depths of the ocean blue! I unlock your swift currents!!"

Once shouting his normal unlocking phrase, Muramasa turned the key on the katana and watched as the sudden appearance of water covered the blade. He swung down towards Jolokia, sending out a shockwave of water towards the fiery femme fatale. "Looks like I made it just in time." Muramasa smirked, his gaze fixated on Jolokia. "Seems like you got the bad end of the deal...a Fire Fragment villain like you shouldn't have come here...especially with sprinklers. Now I'll say it once...drop the kid."

x393wz.jpg

Battle Training

"Huh...look at all them lil heroes..."

High from one of the nearby buildings, stood a strange individual, his hands in the pockets of his blue jacket. He watched as the action from these "Battle Training" went on...still, as fun as it was, he had a job to do. And a hero to keep occupied.

"Knowing my luck, they already alerted their friend there..." he said, smirking as he glanced to where Terro was. "And because of that...he miiiiight try and go help. But we can't have now can we?"

-BGM-

The man snapped his fingers as strange bodiless skeletal heads appeared behind him, five in total. His left eye began to glow a bright blue as he chuckled. He pointed his hand towards the building where the heroes in training where doing their thing...whilst he hopped on one, having it and the remaining two fly directly towards the building where Terro resided...once in range...

Suddenly all five of the skeletal heads opened fire and let loose a set of lasers, making quite the dent in the buildings. In the building with Terro, it was obviously a hole made in the roof. The guy hopped off the one head, landing some ways away from the hero and his students...smirking as the three skeletal heads descended.

"We interrupt your regularly scheduled class to give you this..." he spoke, his left hand holding the left side of his head, making his blue glowing eye all the more creepy. "A bad time for you heroes~"

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=OOC]

Well things have escalated quickly!!

What to do? Well we look to our handy dandy lil OOC!

USJ - Jolokia has met up with Muramasa after knocking Kira out...and Cole is rushing to defend Caleb. What will this mean for all others? Well sit tight for one thing...not only this, we have one more GM post...so things might be different.

Battle Trials - Ohhhhh boy! A newcomer known as Gaster has appeared and has sent two of his blasters to attack the building the current team of heroes and villains are in...and has descended and made himself known to Terro and the group. What will become of his 'bad time' he speaks of? Who knows. However, one thing is for certain: he's a villain...so stay behind Terro, unless one of you wants to play hero.

"And you're not exactly the textbook definition of brilliant either. Last chance for you to come quietly before you end up in worse shape than this helpless lump, and you're lucky to even get this second chance." Nick just chuckled as he got in a stance.

"I may not be a genius, but I know basic elements. I know water plus fire equals bad, while water plus electricity also equal bad... for you," He smirked as electricity flickered around his body. Now, Nick was no idiot... a dumbass perhaps, but not an idiot. He knew he couldn't really beat down a villain that was older and more experienced then him... even if she was weakened. No, he was just stalling.

Which he didn't have to do for long. One of the teachers soon appeared in front of him., ready to do battle as well. It seemed like they had this...

"Let Caleb go!!!" Bizz turned his hooded head towards Cole, eyes narrowing.

"Will you make me?" He asked menacingly. His free hand began to glow purple as he raised it over his head. "Rending Slash!" With a roar, he violently smashed his fist into the ground, causing the ground to be ripped from its chains and rising like a geyser, threatening to smash into Cole. The resounding crack of the ground could be heard throughout the entire USJ, and shook the ground. 

Altair smiled as he saw Emily attack. They had a chance to win!

At least, they did until a laser rocked the building. 

"Look alive, we have an unknown!" Nova shouted. Altair looked around. What was that? Did one of the 'villains' do that?"

Terro meanwhile stared down the figure that had blasted a hole in the ceiling. This was not good.

"We interrupt your regularly scheduled class to give you this... A bad time for you heroes~" Terro simply took a stance, shifting his foot slightly.

"I won't let you harm my students," He stated simply as he clapped his hands together, slamming a wall of earth between him and the students. It was hastily made, not as strong as it could be. He only hoped he could drive back the villain before the kids got any ideas... 

• 2 weeks later...

"Oh, good," murmured Hadley, hunched over with hr hands on her knees, gasping for breath among the rubble of the building she had just hit. "Glad I... found ye," she forced out, standing up straight and grabbing the sides of Usagi's helmet, turning it to face her, instead of the empty alleyway she was looking down.

"Listen, ye heard that announcment, right?" She looked over her shoulder, her wet hair flying. "The other zones have intruders... bad fucks, ya hear? So who's to say... there ain't one in here?"

She kicked at a piece of debris, sending it spiraling into the wreckage of the building. "Now, I'm pretty sure he ain't THERE... Or if he WAS, he ain't NOW... Stay with me. I'll try my best to help ye keep up, but... I can't risk yellin' too much, aight?"

- - - - - - -

"You can punch things good? Well, that's always helpful!" Kaede said chipperly, once again preoccupied with the Library. "Maybe you can be a close-up offense, I can support from the back... The Library isn't really that great for the front-"

She stopped as she heard the lasers slicing through the ceiling, looking up with wide, surprised eyes as a strange man descended through the newly crafted hole, followed by three skulls just... floating in the air. Her mind went nto overdirve. Was this some strange kind of Fragment? Were the skulls all part of one big Vessel? Who WAS he? That last one was probably the biggest one driving through her mind right then.

"Sensei?!" she asked with shock as a wall of rock sprung up around them, protectively holding the Library close to her. "What's going on?"

You idiot, she thought to herself. You're under attack, is what's going on. DO something abut it.

"Leave us alone!" she yelled, a little shakily, opening the Library wide and tapping a series of runes that lit up with sounds like wind chimes. She then reached in, pulling a final rune from the page and splaying her hand out as she pointed it at Gaster. A ball of purple fire bloomed into existance, flying out and punching a hole through the wek wall, flying towards Gaster and his skulls.

Archived