Quantum's Fragment [IC/Co-Hosted by Kazo & JustYui]

Super Chaos Sonic

uqvJT61.png?1

While August was curious as to what this girl's "Library" was capable of, having never seen the vessel before, she was interrupted. Tremors shook the building they were in, as lasers struck it blowing a huge hole into the roof. August's eyes widened seeing what was before him. He had only seen something as foreboding as what was before him on television. The sight of a person without purpose other than to destroy. A person without feeling except malice. One whose power is used only for the purpose of harming others. A villain. 

Clenching his fists immediately as the man seemed to try and harm them, August was aware that it was his duty as a hero (in training) to help serve justice wherever and whenever it would be possible to do so. As such, he was prepping to fight this villain when suddenly a wall of earth had erected between him and the evil doer. That was right, they had professional hero here, which meant that it was more in his jurisdiction to bring them down. However, while August knew this was the case, it would still be a difficult fight for the man with the number laser shooting skulls the villain had. And so quite his other student, he had decided to aid in bringing down those skulls. Not really being able to get close though, due to his teacher's intervention with the earth wall, he had to strike at him from a range. And so, picking up a loose piece of debris that had fallen from the ceiling, gripping it firmly before taking in a deep breath. As though he were a baseball pitcher, August then through the rock at one of the skulls with an incredible amount more force than most all professional athletes could hope to put in. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EHNMFlP.jpg

"I may not be a genius, but I know basic elements. I know water plus fire equals bad, while water plus electricity also equals bad... for you."

"Oh, a little hero, are ya?" She spoke too soon. Just as the real fight was about to go down, an actual hero showed up on the scene.

"Rise from the depths of the ocean blue! I unlock your swift currents!!"

Jolokia barely had time to step out of the way. Attacking her with a water attack...how underhanded.

"Looks like I made it just in time. Seems like you got the bad end of the deal...a Fire Fragment villain like you shouldn't have come here...especially with sprinklers. Now I'll say it once...drop the kid."

"Sprinklers or not, you're in my element, hero. I'm not here for you though, er...who are you again?"

What was his name? Jolokia couldn't remember and honestly didn't care; he was an obstacle, and fighting heroes wasn't in the job description for this little mission. Even if she wished it was. Reaching up to a little piece of plastic over her ear with her free hand, Jolokia spoke into it, transmitting a radio signal to the other villains assembled across the Mar-Vell training grounds.

"Looks like they found us, boys. Party's over; grab what you can then get out of dodge."

Now then, her own escape. Jolokia was the sort to go out with a bang, and that was just what she planned to do. Raising her hand above her head, Jolokia allowed her arm to become engulfed in searing flame. Then, with a swipe of the hand, the fire flew forth, creating a wall of flames between herself and the two boys, spreading in Nick's direction. "Better put that out if you don't want your student to burn alive!" Jolokia taunted, turning tail and fleeing the scene.

rtGOeZW.png

The Tornado Zone. The second unidentified figure - definitely a villain - was here, and had to be dealt with. Just as she entered the zone, the ground beneath her feet shook violently. She nearly fell over, but a quick glance around could tell her which direciton it had come from. The villain probably had an earth fragment then. As long as she stayed mobile and light on her feet, dealing with them would be a piece of cake. When Nadia got to the scene, the villain was there. The now-speedster seemed to be fighting him, but more importantly, the villain was carrying another student.

Nadia didn't even waste time with words; she darted right for the villain at speeds that would snap a regular person's legs in two. Once she began really closing in on the villain, Nadia hopped just a bit off the ground with a final burst of speed, propelling her knee forward and aiming to strike the villain with the flying attack.

tXtTHnK.png

Usagi felt a pair of hands grab her helmet and turn it to face a direction. She had a good guess as to who it was, and why they were facing her that way.

"Listen, ye heard that announcment, right? The other zones have intruders... bad fucks, ya hear? So who's to say... there ain't one in here? Now, I'm pretty sure he ain't THERE... Or if he WAS, he ain't NOW... Stay with me. I'll try my best to help ye keep up, but... I can't risk yellin' too much, aight?"

"Got it," Usagi replied. "Should we make for the library?"

Nick growled, ready to give chase... but then the fire began to spread to him. Something happened, something... clicked in his head. He knew he wasn't ready for this battle, and that fire was headed to him. He couldn't believe it... was he... choking? No, no, no! He was supposed to be a hero, to help everyone! His body didn't seem to get the memo though and decided to just back away from the fire instead.

Dammit, this was pathetic!

Bizz sighed as he lifted his hand off the ground, sighing to himself before hearing the sound of a person charging full speed at him. Looking to the new challenger, he could see she was probably a teacher. She was old enough to be one... and foolish enough to challenge him. As she neared, he dropped the unconscious Caleb on the ground, and got into a stance, spreading out his legs and rearing back his fist, the menacing glow surrounding his fist once again. 

Nadia leapt into the air, striking her knee into his chest. While it hurt, he ignored the pain to deliver a much more brutal blow, a punch into her chest, with the energy exploding and sending the teacher flying away. 

"Looks like they found us, boys. Party's over; grab what you can then get out of dodge." Jolokia's voice rang over the communication channel.

"Tch, and just when I was getting warmed up," He shook his head as he picked up Caleb. His mission was complete, it was time to get moving. With a flush of his cape, he walked away with his prize in hand. 

Terro had to admit, this class was decently level headed. Instead of gunning for the villain, they went to take out those 'Gaster Blasters'. This let Terro go to attack the Master of the Gaster Blasters, and the one behind this Disaster. Gritting his teeth, he gathered stones around his fist, the rocks taking the form of a drill, which began to spin in place.

"Get out of this school!" He snapped as he spun the rock drill, aiming at the villain's chest. 

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

Tornado Zone

"Will you make me? Rending Slash!"

Cole witnessed what was happening, but it was too late. He was already in motion...and with that, a quick flash and he found himself knocked back quite a ways away from this villain. His vision started going in and out...even seeing Collider entering the fray.

However, he finally blacked out at seeing this villain walking away with Caleb. N-No... he thought, before finally blacking out.

x393wz.jpg

Wildfire Zone

"Sprinklers or not, you're in my element, hero. I'm not here for you though, er...who are you again?"

Muramasa felt a little insulted at this villain's outright lack of knowledge...at least on who he was. "Hmph...I'm Muramasa...and your going to drop the kid or I'll make sure the sprinklers aren't the only things your hit by."

However things began to take an unexpected turn when Jolokia threw out a wall of flames around the young man Muramasa saw earlier...Nick, if he was correct. He glared at Jolokia, already taking off.

"Better put that out if you don't want your student to burn alive!"

"You damn coward!!" Muramasa shouted, before turning his attention back at Nick, letting his blade once more being engulfed in water as he slashed through the wall of flames. "C'mon...we need to get you out of here." He was pissed...to use a student like this as a shield...damn. Muramasa was definitely upset at this turn of events.

x393wz.jpg

Battle Training

Gaster, needless to say, only took a side step when he watched one of the kids throwing a purple fireball his way. "Well, looks like your kids have some spunk, hero." he laughed, as he watched another throwing a rock at incredible speeds at his one blaster, causing it to explode near him. "Heh, good effort kid...buuuuut..." he simply snapped his fingers and a new blaster skull appeared in its place.

"Looks like they found us, boys. Party's over; grab what you can then get out of dodge."

Gaster immediately heard the transmission and sighed. "Well, looks like my job is done...catch a ya later heroes!" he jumped back, landing atop one of his blasters, just as Terro tried to strike at him. At this point the skulls all took off flying and the few that were at the building where the battle trial teams were at...one of which held Alejandro in it's jaws. Then he smirked and snapped his fingers again. One of his blasters disappeared and reappeared behind the group of heroes to which it grabbed Isabelle in its jaws and faded away, only to reappear back with Gaster.

"Lookie there...that's two prizes...lets see if I can do better!~" Gaster snickered, as he rushed over towards the USJ with his blasters, before bursting through the roof of the stadium, to which he pointed at the Earthquake Zone, and his blasters immediately obeyed.

The young villain heard the screams of women as his two other blasters returned to him, carrying Ryder and Victoria in their jaws. "And that's four...I win~" he laughed, before flying out of the USJ...with four students.

x393wz.jpg

That day...

....that day we simply thought that it would be normal class as usual...but none of us were expecting this strange occurrence. Mar-Vell sent word to the police but for the rest of that day and even the following day...there was nothing.

And it was this day, when we knew that we were dangerously outclassed...

-End of Episode 1-

-Ending-

x393wz.jpg

PDWGEC2.png

Episode 2: Investigation

-Opening Theme-

The events of the previous day laid heavy on hearts of those who were present in the Battle Trials and the USJ. Not only them, but the the three teachers involved with trying their best to help and protect their students. But the fact of the matter was still there...three villains came in...wrecked shop and because of them, a total of six students were missing from Mar-Vell...

Attention my students! Due to the incidents that occurred yesterday, classes are currently postponed. Please take this time to relax and if you are asked for questioning, please give whatever you can to speed up the investigation. Excelsior...

The loudspeakers spoke this throughout the Mar-Vell campus and the students knew good and well that this wasn't common. ...The teachers more so than anyone else...

x393wz.jpg

Teacher's Lounge

Currently Muramasa...no, he had his mask off, he was Tatsuo Date right now. He sat at the table near Nadia and Terro, only sipping down a tea he had made a few moments earlier. The three didn't talk much about the events that took place yesterday...but they needed to.

"The villains were something different...not like ones we've fought before..." he sighed, shaking his head. "Mine dealt with a strong fire Fragment...and she had a face that seemed like it had seen better days." Tatsuo looked over at Terro and then at Nadia. "What about you both?"

x393wz.jpg

Dorm Room 103

Six students taken...either Sophomores or Juniors. Now he felt even worse about not being able to make it to class the other day. Doug let out a loud sigh as he stuck a blue lollipop into his mouth, making a small portal in the air as he tossed the plastic covering from it into this void, only watching as another portal appeared over the trashcan and the plastic fell in.

So three villains take six students...and even best three of the faculty Mar-Vell has... Doug thought, putting his hands behind his head, leaning back in his chair. Either these guys were smart...or incredibly stupid. Still...if I had been there, I could've dealt some support to the others at the Battle Trials with Infinite Gate...

Doug shook his head, silently cursing the little jog he liked to go on in the mornings for it. But still...what could they have done. Either way...he knew it was probably hell for the students from those locations.

x393wz.jpg

Dorm Room 269

Cole only sat on his bed, sighing heavily. He stared at the floor for a good long time, before sighing again. Upside to yesterday, he unlocked his Fragment finally. He even came up with an interesting name for his Wind based Fragment: Mach. But...it didn't exactly help with him not being able to use that speed to save Caleb...

Damn...I feel terrible... Cole thought, shaking his head, as he looked over to where Nick was. He probably had it worse than he did. A wall of fire stopping him from helping Kira.

He was planning to say something to Nick, but his phone started vibrating. Looking down he saw it was a message from Barbara Rhodes, his girlfriend. Guess word travels fast... he sighed, opening the message, before a small conversation started brewing up.

[spoiler=Boyfriend/Girlfriend texts]

"Cole?! I heard what happened! Are you alright?!"

"Yeah I'm fine, Babs."

"Oh thank God...I was so worried."

"Heh...oh so you do care lol"

"Not funny Cole. I thought you were..."

"Hey, it'll take a lot more than some nutjobs to take me out. Heh, especially since I unlocked my Fragment!"

Yeah you get the gist of it xD

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=OOC]

WHEW!! *drops onto the floor from long post* EP. 1 DONE!!

And right into the next episode...yeah!!

So here's what you guys do now! Firstly, check the OP in the IC to look in the Dorms spoiler to see if there was any changes to your dormmates. After that, make interaction with your roommates and even give off your reactions to the whole events from this.

However, do not leave your rooms. Yui's next GM post will be helping put some specific actions out in which will help with our plot!

EXCELSIOR!!

uqvJT61.png?1

The following day had not done good for August. He felt frustrated. Annoyed. Angry. A villain, no a series of villains, had broken into their academy and stolen their students away. The fact likely would have only made August angry at the villains and drive him further to press the teachers about what they were going to do. However, it wasn't just the teachers that had failed in the raid. August saw him. The man with the skull heads that took on the combat simulation area. The man who he had attempted to take on but had no actual progress in slowing him down. In all actuality, August might of well have not even been there to begin with. That night when he had gone back to his room, he had learned that his old roommate had been one of the students who had been kidnapped. While the man tried to reconcile with the fact that he simply had to leave it to the professional heroes to retrieve them back, as he was in no legal position to do anything himself, the frustration of failure still boiled within him. With anger at both the villains and himself boiling inside, he did something that most people do when they are frustrated. He punched something. That something was his bed. Unlike what happens with most people, however, Augusts bed had caved in from the force of his fist. Having a giant hole in it with the rest of the bed looking as though it were collapsing in on it, the boy simply sighed at the sight.

Having been told to move from his old dorm to the one next door, August did so without much reluctance. The things he had brought from home to his room were little in number, and so the moving process did not take long in the slightest. While he was far more familiar with his new roommate then he was his old, the tension in the air was quite thick and the mood was at a low. He did not feel like speaking about the event that had happened and he could only imagine Aurora was feeling something similar, given that she was partners with one of the stolen students. As such, he had gone to bed and without anymore incident, the next day had come.

When he awoke, August had the scene that played in his dreams greet him. It was the scene from yesterday's events and each time he replayed it in his head, he never seemed to make any sort of headway onto what he more he could have done to stop the man. Each time he felt the frustration renew itself before he managed to quell it back to normal. And though he was frustrated, he knew he still had to go to classes. Yet as he got up to do it, the loudspeakers had announced that they were postponed. Having nothing more left to do, August simply sat up in his bed and asked his friend, "you holding up fine?"

0Ujtpui.png?1

"Can you believe it!?"The girl was up bright and early, pacing around her dorm quite agitated and annoyed at the news of what had happened yesterday. "There were three villains here yesterday. Three of 'em. Three!" The girl then held up three fingers towards her roommate, as if he was having trouble understanding what the word "three" meant. "And they all got away! What's up with that?!"She looked at him with a confused expression with entirely exaggerated hand motions to depict her confusion."Boy I tell you, I don't know what kind of people were there, but if it were me, things woulda goooone waayyyyy different."She seemed to be entirely confident in herself when she had said this. "I woulda been like, wham wham,"she made punching motions. "And maybe some of this and a little of that," followed up with some kicks. "And then definitely," she then sprayed shot out water from her arm which...covered her bed. Looking at what she had done with an unamused expression on her face, she quickly shook it off between finishing her statement. "Point is, those villains wouldn't have stood a chance, and we need to go prove this by kicking their asses as fast as possible." After she said that, she thought about it a bit more before saying, "wh-wherever they are."Throwing herself back onto her bed, having the unpleasant feeling of wet covers come up from undernearth her, the girl had a brief shiver run through her before saying, "well at least we got the day off so that's like...a win for our academic life or something, right?"

XJet7zx.png

Kaede was curled up in bed, clutching her father's hat to her chest as the events of the other day played over constantly in her head, barely even processing the announcement. For once she was silent, not moving around at forty miles an hour. SHe had been silent all day. She wasn't even sure if Usagi knew she was here, as she hadn't left her bed that morning, having been there since she woke up at six.

The skull could have grabbed any one of them. It could have grabbed Kaede. She couldn't forget the look of fear and terror that had flashed into Isabelle's face as she was snatched, dragged screaming into the air by the skull-wielding assailant. She was maybe two feet from where the skull had teleported. God knows where she would be now if it had appeared behind HER.

She suddenly heard a strange, muffled burst of noise. She raised her head off her pillow, turning her head to and fro for a few seconds before she realized that the sound was coming from the room below, filtering through the floor. "Who lives below us, Usagi?" she asked cautiously.

- - - - - - - -

HdImm0q.png

Meanwhile, in Room 304, the source of the noise was incredibly agitated.

"Stick us in a bollockin' flood zone and just LEAVE us there while arseholes are traipsin' all over the damn place, snatchin' people up. No teachers even came to help us! We could've DIED! We're s'posed to be HEROES? Bloody SIX of us are GONE and you just cancel CLASSES?"

Hadley was in a rage, viciously kicking anything that got in her way, which was mainly the contents of the still unpacked suitcase she had started with. "We should be sent HOME, fer Christ's sakes, aren't their parents PISSED or nothin'?"

She had stormed in and let off a similar tirade the previous day, soaking wet and even angrier, though she had beaten Altair there and thus expended all her anger and fallen into a troubled sleep by the time he got back. Not this time, though. She was now storming around him in a circle, effectively trapping him inside her rage-bubble.

Emily retreated to her dorm room, quite exasperated. What a day. Marvell was already an insane. "What the hell happened today?" She exhaled in confusion, trying to recap. Her and her partner were about to finally start asskicking, then everything went to hell. Were their friends kidnapped? She shook her head, confused. Perhaps it was a part of training. She moved that notion from her head. She was smarter than that. She knew damn well what happened. Villains definitely abducted students, or something along those lines. What a homecoming. 

Emily pushed open her dorm room and plopped down on her bed, whipping out a book to read through to ease her mind. She had read it hundreds of times, but she figured it would at least distract her. This whole hero stuff seemed better in the stories. Nevertheless, she would power through. She didn't even notice her roomate, so engrossed in her thoughts and book the rest of the world was in the background.

tXtTHnK.png

"Who lives below us, Usagi?"

The question had roused Usagi from her thoughts. She hadn't even heard the bump from below; the girl had been entirely tied up in her train of thought until just now. She had been asking herself questions related to yesterday's...events. Things like If I were a villain, where would I take them?, What would I want with a few students who aren't even heroes yet?, and How would I know where and when to strike? Although she'd come up with plenty of questions, there were no answers to be found in her thought process. The one Kaede provided, however, would prove much easier to answer.

"Below us?"

Usagi got up out of her bed - equipping her face with her distinctive goggles along the way - before pressing her ear down onto the floor. Through the floor, she could hear a voice.

"Stick us in a bollockin' flood zone and just LEAVE us there while arseholes are traipsin' all over the damn place, snatchin' people up. No teachers even came to help us! We could've DIED! We're s'posed to be HEROES? Bloody SIX of us are GONE and you just cancel CLASSES? We should be sent HOME, fer Christ's sakes, aren't their parents PISSED or nothin'?"

"It's my noisy partner from yesterday!" Usagi exclaimed. What a coincidence! There was no time to waste! Usagi wanted to investigate this matter, and she was smart enough to realize she couldn't do it alone. She'd need a team, and three was as good a starting number as any. "Come on, we're recruiting her help!" Without stopping to explain what exactly she intended to recruit the noisy partner for, Usagi was up on her feet again and out the door, running the short distance to the stairs before heading down to the third story of the dorm building and making for the door of dorm 304.

And then, she knocked.

KCc49dD.png

Put simply, yesterday's happenings hadn't gone so well. Her partner in the battle trial had been kidnapped, and when she - along with the other students - was sent back to the dorms, she learned her roommate had also been taken. To top it all off, August's roommate, and even one of the students that had been in the room right there with him, were also snatched up by the villains. That could have been August, her mind wouldn't stop telling her. My best friend could have been stolen, and everyone that was kidnapped was probably somebody else's best friend. The whole line of thought had left her stomach in knots throughout most of yesterday. Silent though it may have been, yesterday ended without incident, with a small silver lining that August and Aurora now shared a dorm.

The sour mood had carried over to next day in Aurora's case. Based on the announcement she'd heard, at least she wouldn't have to go to classes with the events hanging over her shoulders. As with any morning, Aurora started with making her bed and preparing today's supply of hot chocolate. As she filled up the last of the thermoses with the delicious beverage, Aurora had been presented with a question from August.

"You holding up fine?"

"Not really," she honestly answered. "Six students were kidnapped. That could've been me, or even you. We couldn't even do anything to stop them. Worst part's that all those people mattered to somebody. My trial partner Alejandro, he came here all the way from Argentina. Crazy, right? We're training to be heroes and suddenly a bunch of us get stolen by real live villains..." She stopped herself there. The staff was definitely looking into this, right? They were heroes; they had to be! Right, heroes. Aurora was here to be one, and what better time than when the school was facing a real crisis? Re-assured of her goals, Aurora handed the recently-filled thermos to August, with a declaration.

"We need to figure out what they want. We wanna be heroes too, so let's show the teachers what we can do."

D4RTdkU.png

The story of Tanner O'Neal and her leg was just as crazy as it was true. Nobody would likely believe the story she'd present them with, but it was the whole truth. Just a day before classes had begun, on her morning jog, Tanner had met a starving dog on the streets of Manhattan. In a plan just as clever as it was extreme and idiotic, Tanner had borrowed a buzzsaw from a relative's workshop and sawed her own leg off, feeding it to said dog. She had then called an ambulance to take her to the hospital, and was transferred to Mar-Vell's infirmary the day after, once the school year had come about. Naturally, as she was still healing, she was unable to participate in yesterday's Battle Trial as sophomores were expected to, but she caught wind of what had happened.

In the end, she'd probably saved a stray dog from starvation, skipped out on a day of classes, and avoided a very likely kidnapping, all for the cost of not having two whole legs for a couple days. Tanner was pretty satisfied with the trade-off; she got to spend her recovery pretty quietly, but now that she was back on her feet, it was time to start being a student. The skin on her left leg was still rough and uneven, but the limb was functional, albeit with a slight limp. As Tanner limped into dorm 258 for the third time that morning, a small suitcase in tow as with the last two times, she nodded to the other girl in the dorm with her. Her roommate, Tanner had been told, was at the Battle Trial just yesterday. She'd also been told the girl's previous roommate had been among the kidnapped students, and to give her some space as such. However, Tanner O'Neal wasn't one for giving others space unless asked by the person in question.

"So, I'm your new roomie," Tanner said, tossing herself onto the bed opposite her roommate's now that her suitcases had been neatly placed at the foot of the bed. She could unpack later, she figured. "Name's Tanner, and I uh...I heard about yesterday. Sorry I wasn't there to try and help; you wouldn't believe why I wasn't there even if I told you, trust me. So, how 'bout you, roomie? Who are you?"

rtGOeZW.png

"The villains were something different...not like ones we've fought before... Mine dealt with a strong fire Fragment...and she had a face that seemed like it had seen better days What about you both?"

"Whatever my villain's Fragment was, he could take a hit. I hit him as hard as I could and it didn't even faze him." That "fight" had replayed in Nadia's head many times since it happened. First day of the school year and she'd failed her students. It wasn't just her kids either; Terro's class wasn't without a few missing students either. There was more villains than the heroes could deal with, and they knew how and where to strike to make their escape. What did they want? Why now? Were those specific students targets, or were they just picked at random? The staff meeting yesterday was chaos, fitting in the theme of the kidnappings. Nadia had been among the staff urging to send the students home for a while, but her voice and a few others ultimately were outweighed.

"I'm not just sitting here while some freaks have my students; the least we can do is shape up the students we still have," Nadia declared, chugging down the coffee in the mug she held before setting it down on the table. "Meet me at the track if either of you boys want to help train up anyone who shows up." With that, Nadia departed.

Not much later, any students who would observe the bulletin board near the main building's front door would see a new addition. A normal sheet of paper had been tacked onto the board, offering anyone who wanted to train themselves to become stronger in the wake of this crisis the chance to do precisely that. The paper mentioned meeting with Collider at the school's running track, but also warned that quitters would be better off training elsewhere. The exact wording used read...

Training day!

Any students who think the best way to handle the recent kidnappings is to get stronger, meet me at the track. Bring your 100%, because you will be pushed until you hit your limits, and then pushed even further. Not for quitters or the faint of heart. Training will continue throughout the entire day.

- Collider

Nick sighed and yawned as he laid on the bed, looking at the ceiling. He was so tired... he could barely stay awake. His... failure yesterday wouldn't stop pestering him. He wasn't good enough. He locked up in fear. How could he? After all his training both in and out of school... and he still froze up when it actually happened. He sighed again, looking over at Cole. It seemed he was texting someone.... 
He quickly whipped his hand out, stealing the phone from Cole's grip. Looking at the name, his eyes widened in shock. Babs...? You mean that girlfriend Cole made up actually existed?! He felt his stomach drop. Cole got a girlfriend before him... just how lame was Nick in reality...? He quickly texted a message.

"Holy crap, you actually exist. You need to come over so the three of us can go out to lunch. C'mon, it'd be fun!" he then tossed the phone back to Cole before flipping off the bed. Enough moping around!

"Alright Cole, you unlock your Fragment. That's cool and all, but you need to train it! C'mon, I figured out the best training regime for you!" He said as he grabbed his friend's wrist and ran to the parking lot. This was going to be great! 

"Stick us in a bollockin' flood zone and just LEAVE us there while arseholes are traipsin' all over the damn place, snatchin' people up. No teachers even came to help us! We could've DIED! We're s'posed to be HEROES? Bloody SIX of us are GONE and you just cancel CLASSES? We should be sent HOME, fer Christ's sakes, aren't their parents PISSED or nothin'?"

Altair shivered from the fierce rage that just oozed out of Hadley. He knew he couldn't do anything about being trapped in her little rage bubble, and Nova had wisely decided to shut up and stay in his cylinder. Taking a deep breath and summoning all his courage, he began a counterargument.

"W-well... some of us don't have homes to go to," He pointed out. "A-and I heard they don't know what the villains were after. What if by sending us home, the villains decide to f-follow one of us and attack our families...?" That thought made him sick to his stomach. He only had his mom, he didn't want to lose her. Then suddenly, a knock was heard at the door. Leaping up, Altiar quickly took the chance to escape the bubble and answer the door.

"Welcome to Walmart, go in, get your stuff, and get the hell out!" Nova yelled. Of all times to be a smartass.

"Um... i-ignore him," Altair muttered. "What's... up?" He asked the blind girl at his door.

"The villains were something different...not like ones we've fought before... What about you both?"

"Whatever my villain's Fragment was, he could take a hit. I hit him as hard as I could and it didn't even faze him." Terro sighed to himself.

"Mine used a Vessel. It looked like something out of an overrated RPG," He muttered, looking down at his phone as it vibrated. His eyes narrowed as he looked at the message. What the hell...?

"I'm not just sitting here while some freaks have my students; the least we can do is shape up the students we still have,"

"I'll join you later. Apparently... someone stole the Elemental Storm," He said, referring to the truck his old team would use to get around. "I need to find it...," With a sigh, he walked away. Why was everything going so wrong this week?

teKvV71.png

The time had been passing by to Cole as he kept text Barbara some, well...that was until his phone was snatched out of his hand. Blinking a bit, Cole looked up and saw Nick looking at his phone.

"H-HEY!! Nick!!" he shouted, trying to grab his phone back from his roommate, only to see him back up and texting at a quick pace. "What are you even doing?"

Fortunately, Cole got his answer when Nick tossed his phone back at him, giving him time to read the text:

Holy crap, you actually exist. You need to come over so the three of us can go out to lunch. C'mon, it'd be fun!

He sighed softly, really relieved it wasn't Nick doing anything crazy...

"Heh, NOW do you believe me when I said I had a girlfriend?" Cole chuckled, putting his phone away, seeing Nick nod.

"Alright Cole, you unlock your Fragment. That's cool and all, but you need to train it! C'mon, I figured out the best training regime for you!"

At this, Cole's wrist was taken by Nick, who dragged him out of Dorm Room 269. "H-Hey wait a minute, Nick! Nick!!" Now he felt a little uneasy to see his roommates idea of training...

x393wz.jpg

1RXVXK0.png

Needless to say, Doug's roommate, May, was quite the character. He simply listened to her version of how things would've gone if she was there. It was a little amusing to him, but still...he doubted that if she was there that it would've made any difference.

"Well at least we got the day off so that's like...a win for our academic life or something, right?"

"We're heroes May...we don't just get days off." Doug said, standing up, tossing his hoodie on. He had an idea, their neighboring dorm room, 102 had two of the students who were present during the attacks: August and Aurora. Best start a little bit of talking... he thought.

"May, c'mon. I want to talk with guys in 102. Maybe we can figure out what they saw..." he said, opening up the dorm room door and immediately heading to 102 and knocking on it.

x393wz.jpg

kypPPw3.png

"Whatever my villain's Fragment was, he could take a hit. I hit him as hard as I could and it didn't even faze him."

"Mine used a Vessel. It looked like something out of an overrated RPG."

A villain who can take hits? An Earth Fragment user? Tatsuo thought, rubbing his chin at hearing Nadia's problem...and then hearing Terro's problem at the Battle Trials. "Something out of an RPG? Charming..."

Still, things weren't adding up. The Mar-Vell campus, along with the other superhero schools, had the tightest security on their campuses and their facilities. How could three villains immediately just appear and take a total of six students like it was nothing??

"I'm not just sitting here while some freaks have my students; the least we can do is shape up the students we still have."

"I'll join you later. Apparently... someone stole the Elemental Storm. I need to find it."

"I'll catch up with you both later..." Tatsuo nodded, seeing both Nadia and Terro walking off. He sighed greatly, just sitting there...it was indeed a different school year than he had originally thought.

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=OOC]

And posted!

As you can see, Yui has brought forth our two plots for this episode!!

• Nadia's training (Found in Nadia's portion of post)
  • Investigation (as the title of the episode suggests and is hinted at in Aurora's portion of post)

Now students have their choice of location to be in: either train or play detective and find out some information regarding the villains.

The choice is yours...but at the same time, please keep in mind the surroundings in each person's posts. Interaction is still key.

0Ujtpui.png?1

May had perked up when her roommate had mentioned that as heroes they didn't get days off. Springing out of her bed and suddenly seeming full of more energy the girl was like, "you're right! What kind of hero just sits around and sleeps all day when they can?" The girl suddenly seemed to be a lot more hyper, not at all as somber as she had been moments before. As she saw Doug get his hoodie on, a sure sign that he was ready to live the room, she started becoming far more willful in her speech. "Yeah, we're gonna go find those villains, we're gonna show them what for that's what we're going to do." Looking like she was ready to punch something, the girl started hitting her fist into her palm, only to then form a large bubble of water over her fist for one of them and causing it to explode in her face. As if a water balloon had popped it splashed in every direction, leaving the girl having a very unamused expression on her face.

Putting her hand near her face, gathering the water off of it, the girl flicked her wrist and tossed the water aside. Listening to Doug's suggestion about where to start in their investigation for going to kick some good old villain butt, the girl said gave a thumbs up and said, "good thinking D. We'll get to interrogating those two right away!" With a feeling of zeal in her idea, and odd use of the word interrogation, the girl flung open her door and went over to her neighbor's. Cracking her knuckles, the girl clenched her hand into a fist and was about to knock on the door of August and Aurora.

uqvJT61.png?1

As Aurora answered his question, August felt a feeling of frustration rise up from within him. She was right. Everyone who was taken was still a person who still had family or friends that were waiting on them. And he hadn't been able to do anything about it to stop them from being taken away. And that it could have been either him or Aurora, that was something that he couldn't wrap his mind around. As these thoughts ran through his head, his attention focused less on what she was saying, and more just replaying the event over in his head, only with Aurora in the jaws of one those odd skeleton head things. It was a horrifying thought, one he couldn't ever imagine happening. No. That's because it would never happen. Even if it were him instead, he would make sure that nothing like that ever happened to her.

His focus came more back into reality, and as it did, he heard Aurora's declaration. To solve this villain issue themselves. To show what the people of the academy that they were ready to be real heroes. While August knew that trying to act independently in these regards was almost always against the law, he couldn't help himself. He felt restless just sitting here, waiting for something to happen. He couldn't just let those people who had been kidnapped remain so forever. Nor could he allow more to be taken away. And so, with such an idea now in his head, August nodded to the girl in agreement. Standing up, the boy got his jacket on as he thought of a place to start. "Let's either go back to the scene or go ask a different teacher what happened." With that, the boy walked towards the door and pushed it out as he opened it. However, when he did, it was met with solid resistance, not going too far.

"GAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!" A loud scream of pain could be heard right outside the double A's room. Opening the door slower, August peeked beyond it to see their pink haired neighbor, clutching their head in pain and having a seemingly recent red mark on it.

While slightly confused at what had happened, he simply shrugged it off and looked to the other person who was with her instead. Giving a slight wave, he said, "yo." After that, he opened the door further,

The girl, May, then looked at August with an angered expression across her face."Yo?!" she shouted. "Aren't you going to like, apologize or something first?" She pointed to the red mark on her forehead, expecting

"For what? Opening my door?" This only furthered to annoy May, as she let out a low growl towards the boy before her, with he himself having a slightly irritated expression towards her. The two's disdain for each other became very clear as they locked eyes for a moment, only serving to make their expressions even more irritated. Paying less mind to her, he then looked to Doug and said, "so what did you two come here for?"

Before he had been able to answer, though, May had immediately gone into questioning."Well we came here for some answers about what happened yesterday, but I don't wanna hear anything from you Mr. Monthly. Instead,"her eyes shifting over to Aurora, the girl then spun and moved forward, going past August and straight to the girl."I'd love to hear them from someone as cool as you." She was not aware of what she had said."So come on Rora, could you tell us what went down with all those villains yesterday?" She looked at the girl with expecting eyes, though was starting to have difficulty in standing near the girl. Due to May's light choice of clothing and the water she had splashed herself with earlier, she was very clearly shivering.

• 2 weeks later...

XJet7zx.png

Kaede watched with confused eyes as Usagi placed her ear to the floor. She grew even more confused as Usagi got excited and ran out of the room.

"Usagi? Wait!" she called, sliding out of bed. "Recruiting who's help? For what?" But Usagi was gone already. On any other day Kaede would have been following right after her, but today her usual energy was gone. She sighed, pulling on a robe and slippers as she balanced her hat on her head, exiting the room and half-heartedly looking along the hallway for Usagi. No sign of her.

She dejectedly decided she may as well go out, try to get something to eat. Her father always said that food made everything better. She didn't bother changing into any other clothes, too tired to really bother. She just stayed in her pajamas and robe, walking up past the main building trying to find a cafeteria or something.

It was then she spotted Nadia's flyer. She took a  look at it, reading it over. Anyone wanting to get stronger... The memory of her fireball being easily avoided the other day flashed in her mind, how close the skull had been to grabbing her. She shuddered, the image of those who had been kidnapped not leaving her head. She turned back towards the dorms, running back awkwardly in slippered feet.

Half an hour later, Kaede strode up to the track, decked out in her hero outfit, figuring she would need it. Her hat was pulled down over her paled face, and her clenched fists held the Library in front of her, shifting it back and forth nervously in her hands.

- - - - - - -

HdImm0q.png

Altair's attempts to calm Hadley seemed to have very little effect. She turned her fiery gaze on him now properly for the first time in her tirade, righteous indignation plastered across her face. 

"Who cares if they attack us at home, at this point? They already know where we are... Who says they'd know where to find us, eh?" She slammed a fist into her palm so hard she popped her knuckles from the force. "This is a bollockin' mess... They could be dead!"

Altair was saved from further tirades by the arrival of Usagi. While he answered the door, Hadley's eyes fell on Nova's canister when it finally spoke up. After a confused blink, she kicked at it viciously, sending it richocheting off the walls. "Be quiet, you!" she snapped at the Fragment. "Who is it?" she barked at Altair, turning to see Usagi.

She blinked in confusion again, not recognizing the girl without her helmet, but the goggles gave it away quickly. "Ah... goggles gal, eh?" she asked, realzing Usagi had never told her her name. She walked to the door, standing behind ALtair while throwing out an arm to lean against the doorframe, effectively trapping him in the doorway. "What are you here for, anyway?"

"So, I'm your new roomie,"

At that, Emily looked up from her book. Before her stood a girl that could have easily be mistooken for an elementary school boy. She raised a brow. Well...she didn't know her old room mate, so it didn't really matter. 

"Name's Tanner, and I uh...I heard about yesterday. Sorry I wasn't there to try and help; you wouldn't believe why I wasn't there even if I told you, trust me. So, how 'bout you, roomie? Who are you?"

"Emily. It was truly...something. Regardless welcome to the school, yada yada. Lets set up some like, ground rules. Keep the room clean and like we won't have issues. Oh also, my make-up is like, my own, if I catch you in it you are like, totes dead." 

With that, the young girl went back to her book. She had read it so much, so she closed it and put it away gingerly. She excused herself to check the bulletin for the day, eager to get on with the hero training. Her last one was a disaster. Not only was she sloppy, her own mission was interrupted by kidnappings. She had to grow stronger. Seemed like she was in luck. The bulletin thought similarly. 

"Next time I won't sit idle...I will get stronger." She said under her breath, before getting ready for training.

tXtTHnK.png

"Welcome to Walmart, go in, get your stuff, and get the hell out!"

"Um... i-ignore him. What's... up?"

"Ah... goggles gal, eh? What are you here for, anyway?"

Three people in one dorm? I guess they have company. That was fine. Even better, in fact! More people to aid in her investigation! Ussagi wanted to get to the bottom of this, and no doubt her partner...um...what was her name again? The noisy girl. No doubt her partner - the noisy girl - wanted to help. With four heads coming together, surely they could figure something out!

"I'm going to the school library to try and figure out what those villains yesterday wanted, and you're coming with me." Usagi declared, pointing almost at the noisy girl but not quite at her. "We'll get things done faster with two of us, and your friends can come along too!"

KCc49dD.png

"Let's either go back to the scene or go ask a different teacher what happened."

"Sounds good."

With that, August made for the door, without the drink Aurora had held out for him. She should have expected as much in all fairness; this wasn't exactly a situation fit for sitting around sipping hot chocolate. If anything, coffee was the drink for this situation, which - like all bitter things - Aurora had quite a distaste for. What she couldn't have possibly expected, on the other hand, was the girl on the other side of the door, whose head become quite familiar with the door itself.

"GAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

"Yo."

"Yo?! Aren't you going to like, apologize or something first?"

"For what? Opening my door? So what did you two come here for?"

Just as quickly as she was angered by the door, this girl seemed to get over it, into a line of questioning for the two roomies. Well, more specifically, Aurora herself. "Well we came here for some answers about what happened yesterday, but I don't wanna hear anything from you Mr. Monthly. Instead, I'd love to hear them from someone as cool as you. So come on Rora, could you tell us what went down with all those villains yesterday?" "Rora"? Did Aurora know this girl? Aurora thought about it for a bit...nothing really came to mind. She seemed cold though. How convenient that there was still a thermos of hot chocolate in her hand.

Extending the thermos in May's direction, Aurora said "Drink this." She then went on to describe the events that had went down as best she could remember. "So the villain showed up at the Battle Trial training. Busted into the room where the teacher and other students were watching us, and he just...y'know...snatched one up. Like it was nothing. Then on the way out, he took my training partner..." Aurora paused for a deep breath there, her expression low. "It was pretty rough. I'm just lucky it wasn't me or August. But I'll be damned if we don't figure out what they want, and bring them to justice. We can be heroes too!"

D4RTdkU.png

"Emily. It was truly...something. Regardless welcome to the school, yada yada. Lets set up some like, ground rules. Keep the room clean and like we won't have issues. Oh also, my make-up is like, my own, if I catch you in it you are like, totes dead."

"I'll take your word on that," Tanner nodded. She'd like to see her new roomie try to kill her, but instigating one's roommate after having just met them was stupid. Tanner O'Neal was not stupid. She was, however, behind on her exercise. She'd have to double down on the usual today. Sure, the nurse had told her not to push her new leg so soon - she'd only just grown it back after all - but discipline came before medical advice. Or something. As such, while her roomie seemed content with her book, Tanner was more interested in getting her exercise for today, as well as making up for yesterday's lack thereof.

One-hundred push-ups and one-hundred sit-ups. Tanner got onto the floor and got to work on that, counting each repitition in her head. By the time she'd finished, her roomie was already gone. Which was fine; she had stuff to do no doubt. Besides, Tanner needed a shower - she didn't get to have one yesterday and it was a good way to unwind after some exercise. The ten miles of jogging could wait a bit.

"Well, what do you think?" Nick stood proudly in front of a large, beaten up,  green truck patting it gently on the side. "The Elemental Storm, my Dad's old team truck," He chuckled and folded his arms. "I think even you can see where this is going. Super Speed Cole is going to have to outrun this beauty, following a track I marked with the bright red trail," With a chuckle, he patted Cole's back and pointed down the road. A red trail was painted into the ground, and it curved around turns,  up building walls, and down a steep hill. Nick climbed into the truck and started it up. 

"If you don't outrun it, it runs over you. Ready? 3, 2, 1, let's rock! GO!" With that, Nick started the engines and began to spin out the tires, the squeal filling the entire parking lot.

"I'm going to the school library to try and figure out what those villains yesterday wanted, and you're coming with me." Altair sighed in relief". We'll get things done faster with two of us, and your friends can come along too!"

"Sounds good, let's get going," He said as he picked up Nova's can.

"Friend is pushing it, though. Loud mouth is more like an abusive girlfriend," Nova quipped as he attached himself to Altair's chest.

teKvV71.png

Cole was curious on why Nick insisted that they go outside the dorms for his "training". Honestly, if anything, he assumed that Mar-Vell's Physical Education areas (namely the running track) would've given him the most utilization of his newly awakened Fragment.

He was sorely mistaken on that thought...

"Well, what do you think? The Elemental Storm, my Dad's old team truck!"

"Wow...and its pretty well kept!" Cole responded, looking at the truck some. The Elemental Storm was quite well known in the community of superheroes. It was a pretty tricked out truck that always came busting into evil...literally speaking. However, Cole's eyes drifted from the truck to Nick, who was grinning at this point.

"I think even you can see where this is going."

Cole's jaw slowly dropped, just remaining agape as he stared at his roommate. Was this kid thinking what he thought he was??

"Super Speed Cole is going to have to outrun this beauty, following a track I marked with the bright red trail!"

I-Its official...I was partnered with a MAD MAN!! Cole thought, only watching Nick jump into the Elemental Storm. "NICK! Are you completely nuts!!?!"

"If you don't outrun it, it runs over you. Ready? 3, 2, 1, let's rock! GO!"

"I HATE YOU NICK!!!" Cole shouted, already turning around and running the opposite direction of the truck, going at a normal pace for the moment. "YOU...ARE PSYCHOTIC!!!"

x393wz.jpg

1RXVXK0.png

Thankfully with his suggestion out there with talking to those in Dorm 102, May actually agreed. However...

"Yo."

"Yo?! Aren't you going to like, apologize or something first?"
"For what? Opening my door? So what did you two come here for?"

Apparently May got to the door when the one student, August, opened the door. Still, as long as they decided to help them out, it would be beneficial. Doug only made a slight nod with his head, before making his way into the dorm room after May did.

"Sorry to disturb you both." Doug said, removing the lollipop from his mouth. "My name is Doug Johnson and this is my roommate May. We heard about what happened yesterday. And well...we wanted to know the details on it."

Unfortunately, May was already being a jerk towards August and only sat down to talk to Aurora. Women...had to be so difficult. Regardless, help from either one would be helpful. Sticking the lollipop back in his mouth, Doug listened into the conversation between May and Aurora.

"So the villain showed up at the Battle Trial training. Busted into the room where the teacher and other students were watching us, and he just...y'know...snatched one up. Like it was nothing. Then on the way out, he took my training partner...It was pretty rough. I'm just lucky it wasn't me or August. But I'll be damned if we don't figure out what they want, and bring them to justice. We can be heroes too!"

That didn't actually help much... Doug thought, crossing his arms as he shook his head a little bit. "Don't worry about that. That's sort of the reason I'm asking around about the events of yesterday. Now...I have to ask. What was the villain's abilities like? Anything out of the ordinary?"

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=OOC]

PLOT FORWARD HO!!

Well, ya got Cole running from a truck now...damn you Sai for this xD

Now, for you others! Remember, you have two choices now:

• Nadia - You can go to her for some training...VERY INTENSE training!!
  • Investigating and acting - Converge and figure out what to do in this situation. The more minds on the subject of three villains attacking a school MIGHT actually bring up new evidence or something along those lines!

uqvJT61.png?10Ujtpui.png?1

Leaning and listening intently to the words of Aurora, May continued to shiver a bit as the story was relayed to her. She wasn't able to pay the most attention, as her balance started to be harder to keep, but before the story started she took the thermos from the ice girl's hand. As her fingers touched the metal, she internally yelped as the cold of the metal stung her finger tips. Wondering if this was just some kind of extended prank between the two roommates, the girl then re-balanced, opening the thermos to be blasted with a sudden wave of heat. Eyeing it a bit, she then took a quick sip, feeling it warm her entirely, as the delicious hot chocolate filled her mouth. Sheepishly and somewhat muttered she quickly said, "thank you you're a very kind person," before listening to what she had to say about the situation.  

After the situation was all explained to them, the blue haired man then asked them a question about what happened to which August started to explain. "I can't really say much about what happened in the disaster zone, but what attacked us was," he thought on it more before saying, "it was some kind of vessel, probably. He could make skull like things that could float around, grab people, and shoot lasers," as he was saying this he nodded as if acknowledging what he said. "It was pretty odd. But it was strong. I don't know how he made them or what the vessel itself even was, but even if I broke one he could just remake it." As August said this he seemed somewhat troubled by the admittance to it. 

"Well you did your best rookie." May seemed to have an aura of smugness as she said this, though was slightly betrayed by her continuing to sip the hot chocolate in her hands. While August's expression became more irked towards her, she paid him little mind as she continued, "but wanting to go out and do some hero work of your own? Well obviously I wouldn't be a good a senior if I didn't help you out on this."  Puffing her chest out in pride and continuing to drink her beverage, "so let's all get to doing Hero stuff." And with that, the quartet had left the halls on their way to investigate more things on this manner. The suggestion from August as to where to search was the place where the Juniors had been attacked in order to see if they could see anything odd about the place. However, this opinion would matter little as the group continued to move about, and August had stopped himself. 

His eyes caught by a notice set by one of the teachers, he couldn't but help but think on it. It was a notice for special training by one of the teachers, Collider. A fairly well known and strong hero, and obviously of some great note as she was the teacher of the Junior class. While he himself didn't have any experience with her, he could only imagine that getting training for the coming circumstances would be good. Placing a hand on Aurora's shoulder, not at all recoiling from the familiar cold sensation, he said, "you go on ahead and keep searching. I'm going to go to that," he pointed at the note. "It...will be a good way to ask one of the teachers that was there something." He did not feel comfortable lying in that kind of a way to Aurora, but he admitting the real reason was something he was equally uncomfortable doing.

August had always thought himself the strongest, even now he didn't want to think different. Yet, the encounter with the villain made him feel something. That feeling of helplessness and powerlessness. It wasn't something he had ever felt before. And it was a feeling he never wanted to feel again. It was something he didn't want to admit to her, of all people. He couldn't be weak in front of her, and thus he couldn't admit his own weakness. And so, with a wave he said, "I'll see you later. Good luck." And with that he walked towards where Collider had told them to gather. He might have felt weak now, but he was going to make sure he didn't feel that way when they next met. August knew that when he found that villain, he was sure that he was going to give him a very. Bad. Time. 

Not all too much time later, August had made it to where the other students had gathered, only seeing two others at the time. Not doing much else, he simply waited for what the teacher had planned for them.

tXtTHnK.png

"Sounds good, let's get going."

"Friend is pushing it, though. Loud mouth is more like an abusive girlfriend."

"What are you talking about?" Usagi protested. For a moment, she was silent and still. Then, Usagi took in a deep breath, before turning her arm ever-so-slightly to point directly at "loudmouth". Usagi then stepped forward into the room, and put her hand on the other girl's shoulder. The watermelon scent was easier to pick out now that the heavy smell of pouring rain wasn't mixed in as well. "She's a good person! And she's helping us too!" Usagi's hand then slid quickly down Hadley's shoulder, stopping at and grabbing her hand. With that, Usagi turned around and led the march forward to the library.

...before stopping dead in her tracks again. Not bothering to turn her head - not like eye contact meant much for her - Usagi asked "Come to think of it, where is the library?"

KCc49dD.png

"Don't worry about that. That's sort of the reason I'm asking around about the events of yesterday. Now...I have to ask. What was the villain's abilities like? Anything out of the ordinary?"

"I can't really say much about what happened in the disaster zone, but what attacked us was...it was some kind of vessel, probably. He could make skull like things that could float around, grab people, and shoot lasers. It was pretty odd. But it was strong. I don't know how he made them or what the vessel itself even was, but even if I broke one he could just remake it."

"Yeah, he made skulls and they shot lasers," Aurora confirmed. "Whatever it was, Fragment or Vessel, it was dangerous. I bet I could freeze one solid and it would just thaw out with a laser or something."

"Well you did your best rookie, but wanting to go out and do some hero work of your own? Well obviously I wouldn't be a good a senior if I didn't help you out on this. So let's all get to doing Hero stuff."

And thus did the quartet of young would-be Heroes take off, in search of answers. August's suggestion of checking the scene of the crime was a solid one, and one Aurora wanted to stick with. However, it seemed as the group of students continued their search, the one who suggested it wanted to split off from the group. Before the students was the school bulletin board, featuring a note speaking of training and bringing their A-game or something. Aurora felt a strong hand fall upon her shoulder. She'd recognize that hand anywhere.

"You go on ahead and keep searching. I'm going to go to that. It...will be a good way to ask one of the teachers that was there something. I'll see you later. Good luck."

"M'kay. Good luck out there," Aurora repeated back, giving August a thumbs-up as he took off. And then there were three. Turning to face the other boy and girl, Aurora brought up a question that had been bugging her since they showed up at the dorm. "So uh...who are y'all two anyway?"

rtGOeZW.pngD4RTdkU.png

Meanwhile at the track, a good handful of students had arrived. Those who had also been at the USJ trials just yesterday would note a distinct difference in the way Nadia held herself today. Although she'd seemed perfectly serious yesterday, she seemed more so today, as if yesterday was seriousness purely for the necessity of being serious, and today was a legitimately serious Collider. She also had no brightly-colored box of fruit candies anywhere on her person. Clad in the hero costume associated with her identity, sans weapon, Nadia nodded to the students assembled today.

"Good morning. In case you weren't in my class yesterday, I'm Ms. Penn, also known as Collider. I'll be blunt with you, this training isn't the normal high school stuff where your gym teacher tells you to run a few laps around the track. If you think any sort of normal high school training is hell, you can consider me the monster Satan checks under his bed for at night, because I'm going to specialize this training to push each of you as hard as I can. When we're done here, every muscle in your body will ache and your Fragment or Vessel will be exhausted. Anyone who doesn't think they can handle that, you have exactly ten seconds to leave."

Nadia was then perfectly silent for the next ten seconds. A few students assembled suddenly didn't seem so sure of themselves and turned to leave, but one more joined in their place. "Sorry I'm late!"

"You're just in time actually. Follow me, all of you." Nadia turned and started toward the starting line of the track everyone had gathered at, before starting her explanation. "Sticking with bluntness, I don't know any of you. Even if you're in my class, I haven't read your file yet; I procrastinated before school started and yesterday was...well, hectic. So, before anything, you're all going to tell me your name and power. And then, you're running five laps around the track to start off as a warm-up."

Tanner was the first to raise her hand. "Tanner O'Neal here! My Fragment gives me a healing aura that can be passed to others." Lifting up her left leg as if that would make her point clear, Tanner explained "I sawed this off two days ago and it's pretty much fully regrown now. See the rest of you on the track!" With that, Tanner turned and stepped onto the track proper, starting her first lap of running.

"Who's next?"

[spoiler=Yui's Notes]The whole five laps things actually gives us two options. We can get some interaction between the students training to kick things off, or skip said laps and get right into the training. Feel free to discuss this on the skype chat or whatever.

uqvJT61.png?1

After he made his way over to the training area Collider, or Ms. Penn, had given them the quick summary of what they were about to do. That they were in for one hell of a training day, likely one designed to push them beyond any limit they had. August had already mentally steeled himself for what was to come, but was wondering just what it would entail. He wasn't exactly someone who ever felt particularly pressured in the area of physical exertion, and thus athletics and training hadn't ever been much issue to him. Nevertheless, he wasn't one to get careless and simply did not show any signs of faltering as the teacher told them this was their last chance to leave. Just as they were about to start, a new person had made their way into the area, meaning that it was just the four students here. He didn't quite know how he felt about there being so few students that wanted to get stronger, but nevertheless he didn't pay it any more mind before going along with the teacher. 

Walking over to the track, it was pretty clear what they were expected to do first when the teacher had asked for who they were. As the new arrival introduced herself, August couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. She sawed off her own leg. Nothing about that sounded normal. While that raised many questions, August didn't really feel the need to ask any of them and so he had stepped up next. "August Addler. Fragment user. Super strength and as a consequence, greater shock absorption." With that, the boy had taken off on the track. At first he seemed to be taking off for a run, though it leveled itself out into a paced jog as he caught up with Tanner. As he did he decided that now would probably be the best time to try and gather some information, and since he didn't know her she could've been in the junior class that got raided. After all he didn't want to come back with nothing. "Yo," he said to the girl as caught up with her. "Were you at the USJ yesterday." Bushes were safe when it came to August, as he clearly did not beat around them. 

0Ujtpui.png?1

As the group continued to wander through the school, parting with the ever so rude sophomore, they were starting to make their way towards the battle trail arena. As they made their way to the place, May had been floored by the winter wonder land's question towards them. She didn't know who she was? Had she failed as an impressive upperclassman to not be known by all the underclassmen? Holding her chest as if she had been struck through the heart, the feeling of self failure going straight through her. Wait. Had they ever talked before? No. Then she wasn't a failure! Good. Seemingly getting over this entire internal struggle she said, "I am hero in training, but practically already one, May Kolson. Hero name, River Horse. Junior in class, but still senior to you. I'll let my sidekick over there introduce himself," she said, pointing over to Doug. "We live on the other side of the hall, like almost the exact opposite, from you."

XJet7zx.png

Kaede watched grimly as Collider joined them. Seems she was all suited up as well. Kaede cluthced the Library even tighter as Nadia explained how difficult the training would be, looking down at the ground. She had always been that kid who sat inside and read books all day. Could she really make it through this training? Be a hero worthy of her Vessel?

She stiffened as Nadi told them to explain their powers. Oh god... How did she even explain hers? She had tried breaking it down for her father, and that had taken her nearly half an hour in her native language. 

She timidly stepped forward, her Library clutched in her hand as she stammeringly spoke up. "I... I'm Kaede Kamegawa..." She held up her Vessel, not meeting Nadia's eyes. "Um... This is... Ptolemy's Library... I can do a lot with this thing here..." Her usual enthusiasm for her Vessel was not showing up. All Kaede could think about was the fireball it had conjured up the day before, the one that had missed their opponent. What if she had hit him with it? Would the others have been taken?

A tear hit the ground as Kaede's shoulders began to shake. "It... It's basically a spellbook, ya know?" she asked, voice cracking a bit. "I'm sorry, Sensei," she squeaked out, pulling her arm down and running out onto the track, streaking past Tanner as she tried not to let the others see that she was crying, running with poor balance in her state around the track in a sprint.

- - - - - - -

HdImm0q.png

Hadley blinked, a little nonplussed. "The library?" she asked, voice a little flat. "What good will that do? These tossers are already stronger than we are, Goggles. We'd be silly to try and track them down-"

She interrupted herself, reaching over and grabbing at Altair's chest, specifically grabbing at the section Nova had suckered himself to. She didn't turn her head away from Usagi as she continued:

"Shut him up, kid, or I will," she promised Altair, pushing him away irritably, though it was without her usual volume. She felt too deflated for that. She looked back at Usagi, then away again as Usagi started yammering about her being a "good person."

"I'm not a good person, kid," she said, pulling her hand free and turning back to her bed and sitting down on it, picking up her headphones. "I helped you out back in the Flood Zone because ye're blind. I was going to take a dive to get out of it otherwise. I'm no hero like you two. I'm just here to stop blowin' sheet up."

She placed her headphones around her neck, sighing. "I don't want anything to do with these psychos, alright? We could be taken just like the others, aight? Or we could die." She realized how daft it was to not look at Usagi's eyes when the girl couldn't SEE, but she found herself doing it nonetheless. "Go on then," she said, picking up a book as she pulled her headphones over her ears. "And the library isn't that way. Turn about ninety degrees or so." She switched her music on, curling up on the bed and trying to push down the feeling of guilt welling up inside her.

"YOU...ARE PSYCHOTIC!!!" Nick didn't answer Cole, mostly because he was pretty sure he couldn't hear him. But he did mumbled to himself as he drove after his friend. It as at this time Terro ran out to see the car driving off. With a frustrated growl, he pulled out his cell phone and dialed a number, placing it to his ear.

"Of all the dumbass... Doug, it's Terro. WHY THE HELL DID GIVE NICK THE KEYS TO THE GARAGE!! Now he has the the Elemen---," Terro went quiet as Nick hit a button on the dashboard, the truck sped up, moving closer and closer to Cole.

"Shut him up, kid, or I will," Altair gulped as Hadley threatened him and shoved him away. The boy dusted himself off before looking around. Maybe he should do something else... Then again, he really wanted to find out what was going on to. He would just stay as far away from Hadley as possible.

He quietly went ahead of the two women, stuffing in his hands in his pockets as he did. He was beginning to wonder why he even left the farm in the first place.

teKvV71.png

Things looked bad for Cole right now. The checklist right now? Running from a truck? Check. Crazed, psychotic roommate driving? Check. Wasn't enjoying himself whatsoever? DOUBLE CHECK!!

J-Jeez...its getting closer... Cole swallowed hard, still trying to run away from this impending doom. He wasn't able to tap into that speed again yet...was it just a fluke? No...no it can't be. It felt...too natural to be a fluke!

Cole soon had a light bulb go off in his mind. The last time, his legs started moving on their own. Perhaps... It was an idea that was crazy, but it just might work. The young man slowly came to a halt, as he closed his eyes. He could hear the truck moving closer and closer to him. However, it didn't deter him...he just stood there calming his breathing and re-envisioning the way he felt when his Fragment was unlocked.

The air around him, almost pushing him forward...or possibly even being pushed by him. The wind on his face, the ground beneath his feet...

-BGM-

As the truck got right near him, Cole opened his eyes and immediately sprinted forward. Just as I thought! he thought, smirking some as he sprinted ahead of the truck. My legs moved before I could think. Its just how they've said it in the classes...

At this point, Nick could see Cole's sprint turning into a full on run, watching his roommate starting to become a blur as he ran as fast as he could down the track Nick presented him with. "Heh...CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, NICK!!" Cole shouted, laughing all the while.

x393wz.jpg

1RXVXK0.png

"I can't really say much about what happened in the disaster zone, but what attacked us was. It was some kind of vessel, probably. He could make skull like things that could float around, grab people, and shoot lasers. It was pretty odd. But it was strong. I don't know how he made them or what the vessel itself even was, but even if I broke one he could just remake it."

Skulls? Shooting lasers? Even remaking broken ones? This seemed like a villain of a different caliber than the ones most usually shown in struggles against the heroes on TV. Doug rubbed his chin, nodding slightly at this development.

"That is an interesting vessel then..." Doug said with a nod. "Sounds a bit unheard of though. Regardless, like heroes, villains are also evolving so it isn't too far stretched."

However, the group decided to continue to talk and walk, and by the end of it, August had left to apparently go train with Collider. It was a good idea, though. Collider was there when the villains struck, so with her...even Muramasa, they both would be good trainers in order to get better in the area of fighting villains. But, Doug preferred this method of learning clues about these mysterious villains. About this time, Aurora spoke up once more, this time to address both he and May.

"So uh...who are y'all two anyway?"

"I am hero in training, but practically already one, May Kolson. Hero name, River Horse. Junior in class, but still senior to you. I'll let my sidekick over there introduce himself. We live on the other side of the hall, like almost the exact opposite, from you."

Doug casually removed the lollipop from his mouth and simply gave a nod to Aurora. "Doug Johnson, hero name being Void." he said, before moving slightly. "Now, since we know at least one person and their apparent Vessel, almost anyway...we still need to learn about the other two. I propose we find someone from the USJ group and see if we can gather more information."

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=OOC]

Well, here we go again!! xD

Highlights for this next go round are as usual:

• Collider Training: Those with Collider who are training, since jogging is still going on, keep interactions strong. Afterwards, Yui will instruct you on what will occur next.
  • Investigations: Doug's group has reason to find anyone else who was at USJ and who might be able to further their investigation.

Now for specifics:

• Cherz: Due to Finals, I understand you weren't able to post right away. However, I do hope you post on this go round. Please read and catch up and make your post accordingly.
  • Sai: ...we're still doing the training chase thing, so yeah...goes without saying xD

x393wz.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

D4RTdkU.png

"Yo, were you at the USJ yesterday?"

Tanner turned her head to the source of the voice. A boy. One she'd never met before. Whoever he was, he was right to the point. Tanner would have to respond in turn then; right to the point. "Nah. I was in the infirmary all day yesterday regrowing a leg. I heard all about what happened though; sorry I wasn't there to help." Of course, that begged the question of why he was so direct with the question. Most people, they'd break the ice with someone a bit before getting into the serious stuff, right? So what was it that made the question so urgent to this boy? "Why? Was someone important to you kidnapped?"

KCc49dD.png

"I am hero in training, but practically already one, May Kolson. Hero name, River Horse. Junior in class, but still senior to you. I'll let my sidekick over there introduce himself. We live on the other side of the hall, like almost the exact opposite, from you."

"Doug Johnson, hero name being Void. Now, since we know at least one person and their apparent Vessel, almost anyway...we still need to learn about the other two. I propose we find someone from the USJ group and see if we can gather more information."

"Sounds like a plan," Aurora agreed. The question then was where to look. If I was a junior trying to investigate these villains...where would I go? Someplace with lots of information, probably. Someplace like... "The library." The verbal conclusion was followed up with a confident "We'd probably find somebody at the library. Let's get goin'!"

tXtTHnK.png

"I'm not a good person, kid. I helped you out back in the Flood Zone because ye're blind. I was going to take a dive to get out of it otherwise. I'm no hero like you two. I'm just here to stop blowin' sheet up. I don't want anything to do with these psychos, alright? We could be taken just like the others, aight? Or we could die. Go on then."

Usagi was about to counter Hadley's argument, stating that yes, Hadley was a hero! Not anyone would have stopped and stuck their neck out for a total stranger like she had yesterday. Of course, even if she spoke, it would have been in vain; she couldn't tell Hadley had now set herself up with some headphones and music to listen to. Before she was able to start, however, she was already cut off by directions.

"And the library isn't that way. Turn about ninety degrees or so."

Ninety degrees...Usagi turned as instructed. Taking another deep sniff of air, she could smell the other student - the pomegranate-scented boy - walking down a hall. Away from her, judging by the footsteps! As much as she hated to just leave noisy girl behind, this guy and his mystery friend were looking to be her only sources of vision for this little escapade. Usagi couldn't lose track of them. Starting down the hall after the boy, Usagi slowed down to match his pace once she could hear his footsteps right next to hers. Turning her face in his direction out of habit and good manners, Usagi asked a simple - yet important - question. Two of them, in fact, but not before introducing herself.

"If we're researching on the villains, we should know each others' names. Mine is Yo-...Usagi. What about you boys? And which one of you is noisy girl's roommate?"

uqvJT61.png?1

August could only furrow his brow a bit, hearing that the girl was not anywhere near the scene of the crime. He was a bit curious about hearing her having to regrow a leg, though, wondering how often an occurrence it was that she lost it. Shaking his head as she apologized for not being there he simply said, "it's fine." After all, even if she were there, the chances she would've been able to change what happened were slim at best. As they continued running alongside one another, she then had a question of her own for him. His expression not changing he simply said, "no, not really. But after seeing them, I wanted to know what or who else attacked us as well. Doesn't really matter, though." He sighed a bit, despite briskly jogging, and then said, "knowing alone won't help, which is why we're here now, right?"

0Ujtpui.png?1

As the suggestion of where to go, or rather what to find, came up, May started thinking on it. Really they could just go door to door to each of the Junior's rooms and find out that way. The most direct route would always yield the best result...probably. As they further thought about this, it was then that their junior had said something in regards to their search location. As she confidently spoke her suggestion, May nodded in agreement saying, "right, the library! Then let's get going!" And with that, the trio started to walk towards the library...wait. Ew. The library. May's pace seemed to slow down a bit as she started to realize where it was she was going. She didn't quite like the library, but she had proudly declared that they would be going there. And a senior couldn't just back down on their proud declarations, especially in front of a junior. And so steeling herself, she started to walk towards the library once again. 

Archived