diversity over unity.

vla1ne

in the wake of the orlando shooting, many have taken some time to get together and mourn the victims, but some people have taken this opportunity to put their own unrelated platforms on a pedestal, such as the woman in this video. so the question i have is, and the complaint that man has is; how much diversity do you think it will take, before people finally begin looking for unity again?

[spoiler=my own opinion]

I know i can be an insensitive person, i even make jokes about the death of people relatively often be they famous, friend, or family, but to use an unrelated death to push an agenda is a level of low that disgusts me. the fact that instead of calling for people to to mourn the deaths of good people, or at least to raise tolerance and acceptance of the LGBT community, this person comes out her mouth racist off the bat. her very first sentence was an indication of what she was about to try and do, and i'm somewhat amazed that people actually applauded for a speech so divisive right after such a tragedy. 

i don't think we'll get any closer to unity with things like this being applauded, and it's somewhat pot calling kettle black insert racist joke, but she really doesn't deserve respect for doing something so obviously detrimental  to the unity of people mourning so soon after the event.

but i want your opinions. so please, fire away.

Whatchu mean opinions.  She's an idiot.  Just another dumb jabroni that doesn't actually know how to protect our people or demonstrate properly.  This wasn't the time or place.  funking jabroni.  You embarrass my people.

EDIT:  You know what, I ain't finished.  These the types of niggas that are the reason people hate us.  These the type of niggas that make us more divided, because they can't stand to not be the center of attention.  These the type of niggas that's QUICK to tell you how much they love black culture, but don't know nothin about it apart from slavery.  These the same niggas that have ruined the BLM movement.  The same niggas that wanna riot.  The same niggas that's quick to cry about racism, and how much they discriminated against, but ain't never seen a white person in they life.

These the Kim Kardashian, Stacey Dash, self hatin ass black people who make the rest of my niggas look bad.  And these niggas here are part of the reason we killin each other.  funk all ya'll.

Diversity as a concept is complete bullshit anyways. Since when did black or white or "hispanic" matter?

And you shut yo stupid ass up.  It mattered when people were discriminated against because of the color of their skin or their ethnic background.  

And you shut yo stupid ass up.  It mattered when people were discriminated against because of the color of their skin or their ethnic background.  

I agree with you. Now, for clarification, I am "color blind" in the fact I don't see race when I meet people and interact with them (Yeah I suppose I am "That guy"), but context is outrageously important when talking about these issues. It's fine to be color blind, but it is also important to acknowledge that the majority of people aren't. Fact is, African American's have been through some serious sheet throughout history, and you don't have to see race to know this painful truth.

in the wake of the orlando shooting, many have taken some time to get together and mourn the victims, but some people have taken this opportunity to put their own unrelated platforms on a pedestal, such as the woman in this video. so the question i have is, and the complaint that man has is; how much diversity do you think it will take, before people finally begin looking for unity again?

but i want your opinions. so please, fire away.

There's no black and white line we can use to determine how much diversity or unity can be prioritized. At least, not for the United States as a whole. Some people are more lenient toward diversity, and others have rather strict opinions on the matter. Consequently, making a compromise that can be accepted nation-wide won't always be easy. I wouldn't say I know much about politics, sectionalism, or even tragedies in general, but I do know that the stuff that's been going on recently isn't a good sign. When people let their emotions cloud any chance of a professional talk, it only makes the matter worse, sometimes with indirect slander toward an entire group as a result. For example, I know certain religions have been put to mockery due to the unprofessional people that have incorrectly attempted to inform others about the faith. The same can apply to countless other matters. One of the traits of unity is professionalism. This means not only giving a level-headed speech, but having the ability to dismiss madcaps without letting them effect the reputation of the experts.  

I appreciate the hostility, and I noticed how I mis-phrased my second sentence. I meant to say "Being white or black or Hispanic should not matter." But of course you would counter with "but it does matter" so whatever.

I appreciate the hostility, and I noticed how I mis-phrased my second sentence. I meant to say "Being white or black or Hispanic should not matter." But of course you would counter with "but it does matter" so whatever.

Except that ain't what I said.  Specifically, I said:

Because the second statement is still true to this day, your argument was refuted.  So don't make half-assed arguments.  You're pretending to be ignorant, and you're digging yourself into a hole.  Try harder and stop trolling.

There you go with that trolling again.  If I'm overreacting, you're over generalizing.  Not only did I not accuse you of saying anything you just regurgitated, but I can't believe you don't know what an argument is in the context of my statement.  You sure you're in the right place bruh?

There you go with that trolling again.  If I'm overreacting, you're over generalizing.  Not only did I not accuse you of saying anything you just regurgitated, but I can't believe you don't know what an argument is in the context of my statement.  You sure you're in the right place bruh?

My second statement that I meant is significantly different from my first statement. I do not believe that being white or black or hispanic does not matter. It obviously does, and I myself as a minority race have suffered plenty of discrimination as a result from personal experience. I apologize for making this apparently a pointless series of posts.

This is what happened.

1) I made a post with a misworded second sentence that made me come off as believing racism and discrimination does not matter.

2) Internet bottoms out and I am unable to edit quickly enough, Dad responds to my incorrect statement, prompting me to correct myself in a response.

3) Rest is idk what the f*** happened.

Either way, this series of posts would not have happened if not for the fact I misworded my second sentence, so I apologize.

-----

As for the video, complaining about racism when opening with a racist statement is quite hypocritical, no? In addition, if I read the news correctly, the shooting was influenced by LGBT, not by race, making her "speech" even more out of context. This was an action by the BLM movement that is arguably evil when taken into account the context on when the "speech" was made. I also can't believe people still fall for this "I'm a victim" bullshit.

Increasing diversity alone isn't going to make people seek unity. Diversity takes into account a person's race and ethnicity, but does not take into account at all the upbringing, knowledge, or values of that person. We can have more Blacks, we can have more Whites, we can have more Hispanics, but none of that will do anything since it does not change the composition of the person, merely the composition of society. What really needs to be done is character development, fixing ourselves and instilling the value that "all men are created equal", rather than focusing on fixing society.

Archived