[EMN] Hanweir, the Writhing Township

.Rai

Front half hasn't been spoiled, but confirmed Eldrazi double-faced cards. Note, front side is likely a green enchantment, based on collector number, and the fact that haste on the back half is just weird unless it's non creature.

gHhiLEu.png

Well, it seems like everyone's suspicions that Eldrazi would primarily show up as the back side of double-faced cards is confirmed. I like this portrayal of the Eldrazi over how they were shown in BFZ/OGW. Much more true to the original idea of "eldritch unknowable cosmic horror" rather than just "SPACE INVADERZ!!!!"

And alas, poor Oliver. We now know his fate. :'(

EDIT: Source?

I would guess the front side will be a land, even though technically the land isn't the part becoming an Eldrazi, the residents are, but the town is the creature's name. This would also explain haste. BUT, the collector number doesn't support that. Time will tell I guess.

The 4 toughness kind of puts this out of the realm of playability in standard.

I disagree. Even if it were to die the turn you flip it, you're getting some in with Trample and 6 more damage from the tokens.

Now if the transformation condition sucks, that'll put it out of the realm of playability.

Archived