Petition to the White House to Disband Political Parties and Institute Replacement Public Office Nomination System

Delibirb

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/disband-political-parties-and-institute-replacement-public-office-nomination-system

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I hate political parties. They're horrible archaic establishments that promote hatred and anger, and control who the public can effectively vote for. Well now I'm doing something. Don't expect it to succeed, don't anticipate it'll even get off the ground, but it's better than complacency.

What are your opinions on factions as a concept? Should they exist at all? Are they ok when regulated?

What are your opinions on factions as a concept? Should they exist at all? Are they ok when regulated?

factions are (supposed to be) clear representations of ideas, the people vote for them because they (are supposed to) represent the interests of the people. i support the disbanding of parties as they are today, because it's clear that today, parties are easier to corrupt than individuals. parties are supposed to represent the ideals of the people, and considering neither party is doing so, at least to any real effect, i suppose it's time they were at least reformed. you've got my sig, and i'll be spreading the word where possible.

factions are (supposed to be) clear representations of ideas, the people vote for them because they (are supposed to) represent the interests of the people. i support the disbanding of parties as they are today, because it's clear that today, parties are easier to corrupt than individuals. parties are supposed to represent the ideals of the people, and considering neither party is doing so, at least to any real effect, i suppose it's time they were at least reformed. you've got my sig, and i'll be spreading the word where possible.

Their intention "may" have good cause, but they were never good at performing it. They create a massive divided and, as a result of deforming into a two party system, forces good politicians with new ideas to run with antiquated ideals of one of two parties just to get elected, and continue to do so to get anything done. It's ridiculous! Thank you for the signature, and good luck.

Best time to do it is during a general election

I figured now was a good time to at least get the white house's temperature on the matter, as it's near the end of the president's second term. So he has less reason to be hesitant about supporting something like this, ideally at least.

Archived