D.Gray-man HALLOW

AfrQIqU.jpg

http://myanimelist.net/anime/32370/DGray-man_Hallow

First episode airing in two days or so, figured I should make a thread.

The anime continues where the first anime left off and it is recommended you either watch that first anime or read the manga beforehand. I personally recommend the manga because the art is gorgeous, Allen Walker is gorgeous, everyone is gorgeous, especially later on. The anime I never finished watch but it was pretty good from the episodes I did see.

With that said, for whatever reason only god knows, they're making this anime at all even though it's been years after the first anime ended. Sure, D.Gray-man was big but not THAT big, and the quarterly chapters are slow as s***. They're probably going to try to make this fairly accessible to new viewers. Hell, the really biiiiiiiiig reveals don't even happen until like, the latest chapters and I doubt the anime'll even cover that far. So I guess you could just jump in, I don't know.

D-gray man was actually one of the larger names in manga before the author got sick and had to stop writing/drawing. it's not that large today, but it was just below bleach, naruto, and one piece in their prime (one piece is arguably still in it's prime, the other two have ended and fallen off respectively). them continuing the anime might be them trying to get people back into it. it's a solid series that while less popular than it used to be, is only as low as it is because the wuthor literally stopped for i think about a year to recover from her sickness.

but aside from all that, I'm definitely looking forward to this. it's been a while since i've gotten into D-Gray man (last time i read, was the chapter where kanda found allen disguised as a clown) i've been meaning to get back into it, so this might be the kickstart i need.

but aside from all that, I'm definitely looking forward to this. it's been a while since i've gotten into D-Gray man (last time i read, was the chapter where kanda found allen disguised as a clown) i've been meaning to get back into it, so this might be the kickstart i need.

oh boy, the manga's only gotten wilder from there. only complaint i have is that there aren't that many new chapters since that, since the manga updates once every three months. three bloody months.

I remember when the author became ill for the second time(if I remember it was some sort of hand injury). It was really nice when she came back from her hiatus, albeit on a monthly schedule...then those chapters became irregular anyway. D.Gray was large but today it's become much less talked about. I'm probably behind for the past chapter, maybe two, since I haven't had a chance to catch up the past few months, but I don't think the manga's ending anytime soon enough to promote for, so I'm lost on the timing of this anime.

At the end of the day I'm not complaining though.

oh boy, the manga's only gotten wilder from there. only complaint i have is that there aren't that many new chapters since that, since the manga updates once every three months. three bloody months.

I remember when the author became ill for the second time(if I remember it was some sort of hand injury). It was really nice when she came back from her hiatus, albeit on a monthly schedule...then those chapters became irregular anyway. D.Gray was large but today it's become much less talked about. I'm probably behind for the past chapter, maybe two, since I haven't had a chance to catch up the past few months, but I don't think the manga's ending anytime soon enough to promote for, so I'm lost on the timing of this anime.

At the end of the day I'm not complaining though.

yeah, if she was in perfect health, this manga would likely be up there in popularity with the likes of attack on titan, tokyo ghoul, or one punch man.

i hope she gets better though. i'd rather her be in good health than have her focus too much and rush herself. glad to hear things have expanded from there. i'm gonna  stay off of it for a while, for the same reason i haven't started berserk yet, it's too infrequent atm. i'll read it near the end, but for now, i'll stay with the anime, so long as it stays true to the source, which from the PV, it appears to be doing.

Episode 1's been out for a while now. It was a pretty decent reintroduction to the series. Dunno where the first anime ended but this is a good place to begin. The flashback was great. and Allen and Cross are fun to watch together as well. Shame what happens at the end of the episode.

They had to infodump a lot of sheet and I wonder what that does for a first-time viewer. Specifically how they'll receive Allen. By this point I've already become attached to him long since but if this is someone's first introduction to Allen I can't help but feel they might find him kinda annoyingly self-righteous, or something along those lines, maybe.

The visuals are nothing to write home about. They're pretty accurate to the manga's artstyle as far as I remember, although Lenalee looks a wee different. I'm not asking for much, just don't look any shittier than this. God, the uniforms really do look kinda awful though. Not exactly an anime complaint since it's also in the mango but seeing it in motion, argh. The OP song is nice but could use some more inspired visual direction. And you'd expect Kanda to be more prominent in it considering this anime is basically his arc and all.

Seeing Miranda again was worth everything. Best girl.

Archived