91 Days

1EMZLSj.jpg

A new show by Studio Shuka, the same studio that was formed in order to animate around 2/3rds of Durarara X2. It's set in the Prohibition era and is at least aesthetically a lot like Baccano (which it has no relation to, other than Baccano's author being the guy who also wrote Durarara, whose second anime season's second and third split cour is animated by the same studio, s*** sounds convoluted I know). Doesn't have the weird chronological storytelling either as far as I can tell, sadly.

I saw the first episode earlier today and this one seems to be promising. Considering it's Studio Shuka, the animation and characters actually look pretty decent. More importantly they got the mood pretty right and the episode manages to be promising without seeming too hype.

I can sorta type a small and unreasonable rant about the (lack of) violence in this show compared to Baccano so far but not only is it unfair when they're not the same show, it's only one episode into the season and all, I'll keep it to myself for a few episodes and see how it goes from there.

Archived