Batman Is Dead [Alt Gotham Idea]

Arimetal

I'm not a big comic nerd, so I've done my research on anything that can parallel this idea. The thing is the only thing I can find is 'Final Crisis' following into 'Battle For the Cowl'. The arc itself never really went in depth, if at all, about how the villains would be involved. I also feel they missed an opportunity by killing Joker that I plan to take advantage of. The thought occurred to me that, if he did die, what would happen? Well let's set up a timeline. By timeline I mean a list of events that happen before Batman's death so we (By that I mean I, since I'm the only one who gives a funk) can progress the story normally.

I'll try to follow the basic Gotham world set up just to make it easy, but a few events worth mentioning are:

-Harley Quinn Exists

-Jason Todd was crowbarred by Joker

-Mr. Freeze's wife is frozen

-Ivy, Harley, and Cat Woman are all friends

-Barbara Gordon is dead

Pretty basic, probs should be more info to state but none comes to mind. To set an idea of the time for you Batman has gone through 3 Robins so far:

-Dick Grayson

-Jason Todd

-Tim Grace

Ok, there is also NO ARKHAM CITY. Arkham Asylum, yes, but not City or whatever the funk. Now let's get to the juicy part.

Bruce Wayne is killed while giving a speech about a new Charity Fundraiser Wayne Enterprise is having. He his assassinated and while off guard. The Hitman was hired by someone who had envied Bruce Wayne for being born into fortune. (As silly as it sounds, it's sad how realistic it is) News spread quickly like wild fire... but what everyone didn't know is that this meant Batman was also dead. There was one man who knew what to do. When news reached Bludhaven, Nightwing resigned as their hero. Sure, Bludhaven would be left without a hero, but Dick knew that Gotham needed a Hero more. Jason Todd didn't exactly follow Batman's ideals so he wasn't an option. Also, Tim Grace was leading an entire team, he couldn't leave the Titans alone.

This is where the fun begins. Dick Grayson takes the name of Batman - Dawning his appearance. Alfred agreed with this decision, he had seen how well Dick had grown up and he knew Gotham did need a hero, but was worried because the Estates were no longer Wayne Property. So they blocked off the entrance and furnished the Batcave. This left Dick worried since he had no where to bring girls home...

Gotham now had a much younger Batman, he held on to the same morals and ideals as the last. It was like he had never left. That is... to some people.

Next I'll explain the implementations of all the different villains, how they would be affected:
Joker:
With a deep connection to Batman, Joker is distraught to find a new man taking on the cloak. Joker slowly becomes furiated, wanting the original Batman to come play with him. He goes from toying with Dick Grayson, as he would normally to Batman, to straight up trying to murder him. Somewhat blaming Dick for the original Batman's disappearance.

Harley:
Joker, being more angry than usual, begins to continue his annual abuse of Harley... this time taking it too far. He accident;y kills Harley Quinn. By doing this, Joker then loses any shred of sanity he might have had. Whether he admits it or not, he had deep and complex feelings for Harley, feeling he couldn't understand. So he instead got angry with her... but this led to him killing possibly the only woman he ever loved. The Joker goes from a creepily smiling psychopath to a bloody spine-crawling murderer. All thanks to the death of Harley Quinn. 

Mr. Freeze:
Mr. Freeze makes a deal with Blackmask... Blackmask will help Mr. Freeze get what he needs to use for his own purposes if he manages to keep this new Batman off his back. Soon after the deal is done, Mr. Freeze finally is able to unfreeze his wife, Nora, and cure her. Finally, after all that time, she was finally safe.

Blackmask:
Blackmask has proven to be a hardened foe of Neo Bat's. Outsmarting him on many turns, mainly thanks to the mind of Mr. Freeze. But it wasn't long until Dick Grayson managed to catch up to him, he got away, but still... someone had to pay. As part of not keeping his end of the baraign. Blackmask killed Nora, leaving Mr. Freeze in agonizing despair, and now a deep hatred and resentment towards Blackmask.

Poison Ivy:
After learning what Joker has done, she becomes enraged, wanting to hunt him down and gut him like the heartless man he is. Of course, Dick Grayson gets in the way of this, following the original Batman's ideals. Ivy sees this as him being a self righteous prick. She saw men all around her, men who didn't deserve to live. Heartless men, like Joker. Self-Righteous men, like New Batman. Power Hungry men, like Blackmask. Men were just destined to be bad.

Cat Woman:
After seeing that this was a new Batman, she falls into depression. She actually begins to miss Batman. She tries flirting with Dick and stealing the prettiest of jewels, but it doesn't feel worth it anymore. She is comforted by Ivy, as this is happening, she explains to Ivy she doesn't know what to do anymore. Nothing is making her happy anymore.Nothing is the same without the Batman. Ivy responds by kissing Cat Woman passionately. At first Cat Woman is against it, but she uses the affection as a cope for the lost of Batman. As does Ivy for Harley. (You can hate me for that one, I don't care. I don't ship them, it just makes sense to me for them to do this... I'm pretty sure Cat Woman is straight, but she wasn't the one that initiated it so yeah...)

That's all I got for now. Just thought it was a neat idea that could be explored a bit.

Archived