naWIm9t.jpg

Diaemuswe

Rank 2 - DARK - Fiend-type (Xyz) Monster

This card can attack your opponent twice per turn. Once per turn, at the start of your opponent's Main Phase 1, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: the first monster your opponent summons this turn loses ATK equal to its current ATK, and if it does, you gain LP equal to the ATK that monster lost, and your opponent lost LP equal to the ATK that monster lost. This card can attack your opponent directly, but if it does, use its DEF during damage calculation.

ATK 1800/DEF 500

- - - - -

So yeah, if you couldn't tell, this card's based off a Vampire Bat, and how they drain 'life' (blood) from animals: though in this case, it's way worse since it's much more life lost than the bat actually drain irl.

Its name is based off the Vampire Bat's scientific name, since it was so cool and yet cute at the saem time

CnC papi's.

Now, just want to clear something up, can it make two attacks per turn, or only two direct attacks on your opponent per turn? If it's the former, it'd be easer to state it as, "This card can attack twice during the same Battle Phase."

If you're intending that Xyz effect to be during either player's turn, you might want to add, "During either player's turn", unless this is just a card meant to be used against Kozmos. As anti-Kozmo, I guess this is decent, if their ships float during your turn, they'll float into 0 ATK ships or pilots. Also, is that effect supposed to be permanent, because it only says if your opponent summons a monster, does this work if multiple monsters are summoned at once, or if they summon 1, and then another right after that, will it affect the next summoned monster? Right now this seems like a bit of a trolly card, one that'd fit in nicely with Frog decks, which spam out rank 2's, and make your life a general hell playing against.

That direct attack part is overkill. It's basically 2000 burn damage with no restriction. Except in stats, this card is better version of Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Gustav Max, which is a Rank 10. Not to mention that it's really easy to spam out rank 2's in Frog Decks. You get out 3 of these first turn, hit your opponent for 3/4 of their LP, now they can't use Solemn Strikes anymore. Since there's no restriction on the Xyz detachment, it'll be easier to recycle them again as Xyz Material to make more of these things. Also, after you're done, you can summon Number F0, so you don't have to worry about leaving weak monsters out with no protection.

Thank you for the criticism: not only was my PSCT atrocious, but I also failed to fully comprehend the power of the Frogs and Treatoad/Burgesstomas.

So, if you have any ideas on how to better balance this card, I'd love to hear them!

Also: card and card text edited for PSCT, so pseudo-bump.

EDIT: Also, yes: he can attack twice (in general) in the same turn.

Okay, so this is actually looking good, you might want to tie it so that it has to be activated during the Standby Phase, so when they're about to summon their boss monster you can't just decide to detatch a material then and smack them for ~3000 LP. Most of the time the first monster summoned will be a weaker monster, ~1000 ATK, but they'll still be able to get out their bigger monsters so it's fair. Though if it's late game, this could work as a psuedo-floodgate, against those boss monsters as they're less likely to have weaker monsters to take the hit, so that's cool. But yes, I think you need to tie this so it can only activate during either Standby Phase, also make it so that it damages them for half the ATK lost, and heals you for half the ATK lost, so the burn will be at most 1500 LP, and so that you can't stack its effects multiple times.

Second, make it's DEF 500, and give it something like 1700 ATK (As it's similar to that Water Xyz monster that prevents effects from activating in the Graveyard). This is just so it can run over things like Kozmo Farmgirl, and can only deal 1000 direct ATK damage during your turn.

Anyway, those are my thoughts, hope they help.

Good changes, definitely a much more fair card now. I still think healing and burning all the ATK lost is a bit OP, but it's not broken, especially since you can't use it multiple times in the same turn, and it has a rather weak body. Against most meta decks first monster, it'll average about ~1000 LP, so as a burn deck option it's actually pretty good, and is a great floodgate. Anyway, as I said before, it's a very interesting card, and you did good making it.

Good changes, definitely a much more fair card now.

No.

It was already fair before the changes.

I still think healing and burning all the ATK lost is a bit OP, but it's not broken, especially since you can't use it multiple times in the same turn, and it has a rather weak body. Against most meta decks first monster, it'll average about ~1000 LP, so as a burn deck option it's actually pretty good, and is a great floodgate. Anyway, as I said before, it's a very interesting card, and you did good making it.

No; burn Decks typically run Level 4 monsters. Level 3 at best.

Archived