Mob Psycho 100

79183l.jpg

(Summary by MAL)

Kageyama Shigeo (a.k.a. "Mob") is a 8th grader with psychic abilities. He could bend spoons and lift objects with his mind from a young age, but he slowly began to withhold from using his abilities in public due to the negative attention he kept receiving. Now, the only thing he wants is to become friends with a girl in his class, Tsubomi. With his psychic "mentor" (who has no psychic powers), he continues his daily life, attempting to realize his purpose in life.

Idk why there's no threads on this yet. Episode 5 aired earlier today, and it continues to show how solid of a series it is.

Artstyle is probably not everyone's cup of tea, but the animation is superb and the writing is...well, it's ONE. He does great work.

The ???% scene in this episode was really damn intense, I'm glad on how good of a job they're doing with this.

I guess, discuss?

• 2 weeks later...

This anime is really enjoyable to watch.  I like Shigeo as a character.  I like that he's flawed and couldn't stay true to his ideals, but I like how hard he tries.  He's almost relatable.  With that in mind, Episode 6, here I come!

EDIT:  Watching ep6 when I accidentally paused.  A meme has been born boys.

RxNX0Vt.jpg

Sad that the last two episode are really damn rushed, especially compared to the manga. Really feel better if these two episodes were three episodes instead. The Ritsu build up could be done better that way, along with Shinji's stuffs.

Still really good, just it's somewhat of a bummer.

Ehh, it's to be expected, There's only 5 episodes left and they have to cram the rest of the "Blank" arc into it.

Artstyle is probably not everyone's cup of tea, but the animation is superb and the writing is...well, it's ONE. He does great work.

I thought that'd be my biggest gripe going in, but Bones does a great job with it. The variety in facial expressions are hilarious and striking to me, and it's kinda funny thinking how everyone has a Saitama face.

I feel like this show should be more talked about this season; it's got great animation and action, comedy, and mostly consistent quality. And that it shouldn't be compared to One-Punch Man, they're pretty different beasts altogether.

For any comic readers, is this still ongoing? Or did he finish it before penning One-Punch Man?

I thought that'd be my biggest gripe going in, but Bones does a great job with it. The variety in facial expressions are hilarious and striking to me, and it's kinda funny thinking how everyone has a Saitama face.

I feel like this show should be more talked about this season; it's got great animation and action, comedy, and mostly consistent quality. And that it shouldn't be compared to One-Punch Man, they're pretty different beasts altogether.

For any comic readers, is this still ongoing? Or did he finish it before penning One-Punch Man?

It's still on going and is his main series.

^you first

That was a good episode, it's cool to see that someone could go toe to toe with Mob, but also how the fight wasn't really one-sided either since each managed to outdo the other. 

Cool cool, thoughts on the more interesting bit?

Don't get me wrong, the fight was done smashingly well and I give bones props for animating these particular panels in the manga.

[spoiler=Awesome Panels]

014.jpg

016.jpg

What I'm more interested to here from you guys is the trigger that pushed mob to do this. After all, not even getting strangled nearly to death by Teruki made him consciously go on the offensive.

The intensity of this episode was staggering, it's almost downright disproportionate to the rest of the show.

It's great that Mob, Teru, and Dimple are teaming up to get back Ritsu and all, that's pretty hype, but it feels somewhat standard compared to the first half of the episode which had the brother-to-brother talk and the fight scene that was really frustrating to watch. This episode was amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Still enjoying the hell out of this show, even if it's not particularly remarkable in its story or characters. Animation's amazing, voice acting seems to be on point, and despite ordinary characters, I really like Mob. He's one of the more interesting "bland" characters I've come across in anime. Psyched for the final showdown.

Ok, this one is probably my favorite episode up to this point. Reigen absolutely stole the show. I've been waiting for this guy to become more relevant since seeing the first ep and I'm satisfied.

I don't think any other episode in anything else I've seen in the past few years made me laugh so hard and so often. And even with the comedy aside, his chemistry with Mob is just something I've really missed for a while.

I liked it, gave it a 5/5. May not be perfect, but it pretty much nailed all of my criteria. Characters were unique, charming, and had some decent development. Animation was superb and the action was slick. The art style grew on you incredibly quickly and endeared with its quirky facial expressions, which really fleshed out the comedic moments. And the show did great at tackling its themes of self-improvement and showing that you can't act like the world owes you something for your talents. It was a great show!

Archived