7. Lions

8. Out of Hell

9. Burn it Down

10. Watching for Comets

11. Saviors of the World

12. The Resistance

* Denotes Current Single

[spoiler=About The Band]

Skillet is an American Christian rock band formed in Memphis, Tennessee in 1996 and based in the United States. The band currently consists of husband and wife John (lead vocals, bass) and Korey Cooper (rhythm guitar, keyboards, backing vocals), along with Jen Ledger (drums, vocals) and Seth Morrison (lead guitar). The band has released nine albums, two receiving Grammy nominations: Collide and Comatose.

Awake has been certified Platinum and debuted on No. 2 on the Billboard 200, with Comatose certified Platinum by RIAA. Their 2013 album, Rise, was certified gold as of July 12, 2016

Skillet went through several line-up changes early in their career, leaving founder John Cooper as the only original member remaining in the band. They are known for a relentless touring schedule, which garnered them a top five ranking in the Hardest Working Bands of 2011 by Songkick.com.

Music Video For Current Single (As of 8/9/2016)

Since breaking out, Grammy-nominated and Dove Award-winning Christian rockers Skillet have been averaging a new album every three years since 2003's "Collide". In the wake of the release of 2013's "Rise", John Cooper — Skillet's lead vocalist, bassist and co-founder — reportedly began writing the songs for the band's new album, "Unleashed". After the band's last touring cycle for 2013's "Rise" ended in 2015, Skillet once again tapped into the services of their producer for 2006's "Comatose", Brian Howes. Working with Howes for half of "Unleashed", they next turned to the venerated Seth Mosley, Neal Avron and Kevin Churko to complete the new album.

"Unleashed" heavily emphasizes keys and electronics, and the mid-album track "Famous" is one of the danciest numbers Skillet's yet whipped up. Later, "Saviors of the World" ushers the band to a next-gen level. Skillet's been through numerous lineup changes, but no one following the band is going to argue that the band is on fire with the current lineup: John and Korey Cooper, Jen Ledger and Seth Morrison.

The Filter and Emigrate-esque electro shucks pumping through the upbeat "Feel Invincible" kicks off the album with a message of self-empowerment. Later in the album "Undefeated" carries the same missive, but with louder guitars and organic drum pumps. For Skillet fans, "Feel Invincible" will be the perfect launch song as it sets up the somewhat meatier "Back From the Dead". The song is greased lightning and stupid catchy as one can hear the shake within John Cooper's voice matching the bumping groove. The synth-spritzed ballad "Stars" is tailor made as a reprise melody for a blockbuster chick flick, and it'll be stunning if Hollywood misses a chance to capitalize on this one. Ditto for the opportunity to spread the cheeky "Famous" like a red-carpet virus among entertainment tabloid shows and paparazzi parades.

"I Want to Live" is going to be an immediate fan favorite with its endearing duet and soaring choruses, while "Lions" is the spiritual stew to win Skillet another gimme Dove Award. That's only if the driving "Out of Hell" and "Saviors of the World" don't beat it to the finish line first. "Burn it Down"'s throbbing riffs are instant firepower for Skillet's live sets and a likely addition to barbell pumpers' iPod playlists.

Skillet may not be for everyone (creed or musically speaking), but for the uber-oiled style of proto-pop rock this band writes that's hardly for pure metalheads, "Unleashed" is a mighty fine, frequently addicting album. No doubt the Coopers are polishing up their acceptance speeches.

Credit: http://www.blabbermouth.net/cdreviews/unleashed/

I do 100% agree with this review though

Collide and Alien Youth both had some good tracks but I pretty much abhor everything else this band has done, and I haven't really been into them since high school.

Also, it would be nice for you to give credit to Ray Van Horn, Jr. for writing the review for Blabbermouth where it was originally posted.

EDIT: Thanks for crediting the author!

Up there with Coral on being a previous fan who still digs some of the older stuff. Only post-Collide song that I like is Rebirthing. Used to love all their stuff back in Elementary school which was around the time they released Awake.

Upon listening to Feel Invincible and a few other tracks off of the album and while I havent been keeping up with Skillet recently I can say that this stuff theyve released isnt making me wanna go back and listen to anything that ive missed because from what I can gather it seems to be that Skillet have now moved from their Soft Rock sound that I didnt like into a Pop Rock sound that I still dont like.

I liked Comatose as an album and some of Awake, but haven't much since. Too much style shift.

And this is no exception, except what I've heard from this one is either incredibly bland or feels like something 10+ years late.

Awake was hit or miss, this is just miss.

Archived