[Leaderboard] Season 14 Postseason (Match 1-1)

Flash Flyer - Sakura

General stuff

- First to 3 votes or whoever gets the most votes by 9:00 pm HST on 8/20/2016 wins
- Voters must elaborate on their votes
- Participants or I reserve the right to nullify votes if reasoning is insufficient.

- Winner moves on to round 2 and receives a rep from the opponent
- All voters will get reps for accepted votes.

Requirement

Make a WIND Wyrm-Type Synchro Monster

----

Card A

ascendancy_of_dragons_by_orejon8-daehztv

1 Wyrm-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Dragon-Type monsters

While two Monster Card Zones adjacent to this card are occupied by Wyrm-Type monsters, this card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn: You can discard 1 Dragon-Type monster; Special Summon, from your Deck, Wyrm-Type monsters whose total Level is equal to or less than the discarded monster's original Level. Once per turn, when all your Monster Card Zones are occupied by Wyrm-Type monsters: You can activate this effect; return all cards on the field to their controller's hand, except this card.

Card B

Sky Dragon Tianlong
Level 8 | WIND | Wyrm | Synchro | Effect

2500/2000
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
You can target 1 card you control, except this card; destroy it, and if you do, this card gains 600 ATK until the End Phase. During your opponent's Main Phase: You can target 1 card in either player's Graveyard; shuffle it into the Deck (this is a Quick Effect). You can only use each effect of "Sky Dragon Tianlong" once per turn.

I should've bumped all of the round 1 matches, but yeah, looks like I'll have to vote in them. (1-2 to 1-4 will be dealt with when I get up in a few hours or this afternoon)

Card A is basically difficult, if not impossible to Special Summon with its conditions. At the present time, only 7 monsters exist as viable material (and really only three; Chiwen, Jiaotu and Al'Lumiraj; well, I guess you can put Tatsunoko in a Dragon deck that can afford to make it and field a Level 4 non-Tuner that can make it). I don't believe Yang Zing run any regular Dragons at this time, so they're out as a possible contender. The SS effect is cute, but as mentioned, there aren't too many viable Dragons that can work with Wyrms (in terms of meshing in). I suppose if you run Dracocension, then it might work, but yeah. Last effect is fine, but requires you to have a full Wyrm field to really do anything. I suppose it's nice for a late game sweep or something, but then you're effectively erasing your own board in the process. The protection effect is nice though, but either requires the opponent to be playing YZ or some other Wyrm monsters or you position this card properly. For what it's worth, I guess you could Level 7 in YZ, then Synchro Change into this, but why? Maybe if this were a higher Level or something, you might've gotten more options, but as-is, not so much. (I suppose Chiwen + Red Wyvern if they even run it)

Card B is pretty much asking to be used in YZs, since they don't mind being blown up as they will trigger something upon that, and you get a 3100 'mon off of it (however you can blow up anything for its effect, not just YZs). Second effect would be nice for messing up a lot of the Graveyard-oriented strategies that are currently seeing play nowadays (revival, triggers from Trap Monsters like Phantom Knights, other stuff like BAs, etc) and/or recycling your own stuff. I could probably see this card being run side-by-side next to Baxia in the Deck; that one is a single use that bounces the field, whereas this can deal with the grave and redo your plays as needed. Otherwise, it's a fine generic that any Deck that can Synchro into 8s can play around with.

---------------------

Voting for B on this one, which is Yuuji's card. Basically, his is more likely to see play and does a lot in the long run. A is nice, but given the current options we have for its summon, I just don't see it being used often, if at all.

[At the time I'm writing this, it's past 1 am.]

Archived