[MTG] Daily Spoilers Sep. 5th

Flame Dragon

First a card from yesterday that I don't think was posted.

inventorsgoggles.jpg

Now for today.

demolitionstomper.jpg

cataclysmicgearhulk.jpg

Cataclysmic Gearhulk

3WW

Artifact Creature - Construct

Vigilant.

"When Cataclysmic Gearhulk enters the battlefield, each player chooses from among the non-land permanents he or she controls an artifact, a creature, an enchantment, and a planeswalker, then sacrifices the rest."

4/5

The white gearhulk seems more black imo. Like I know this sets black is more about living life to the fullest and all, but.....

that's a black ability. (white judgement is a thing... but..... it still feels to black to me)

It is both. We just had Tragic Arrogance and Cataclysm did this way back in the day.

I am curious what the other Gearhulks will do though. The first two are powerful so I'm hopeful the others will follow.

Based on appearance of Tezzeret, I have a theory.
Since the Judges at the Inventor's Fair are all celebrated and highly respected artificers, I believe he's been on this plane for a while, since it's been a long time in-story since we last saw him. A few years would give him enough time to embed himself into the plane and get him to this position. I also suspect that he might have a hand to play in the Aether Revolt for some maniacal plan Nicol Bolas is so fond of implementing.

Based on appearance of Tezzeret, I have a theory.

Since the Judges at the Inventor's Fair are all celebrated and highly respected artificers, I believe he's been on this plane for a while, since it's been a long time in-story since we last saw him. A few years would give him enough time to embed himself into the plane and get him to this position. I also suspect that he might have a hand to play in the Aether Revolt for some maniacal plan Nicol Bolas is so fond of implementing.

The Aether Revolt is probably the exact opposite of what Tezzeret wants. Today's story aids that theory.

The Aether Revolt is almost certainly Chandra and the renegades.

Archived