Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa ("the truth is i'm really...")

vla1ne

i'll let the genre itself speak for me to start: comedy, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural, fantasy, and a tinge of harem.

alright, now that you've read the tags, i'm going to assume that many of you are already turned off to it right? after all, if you're on this site, in this particular forum section, it's relatively safe to say that you've been around the anime block at least once or twice, and this combination of tags leads to disappointment and cliche more than most other combinations right? well then, i would like to present to you:

[spoiler=a manga that goes FAR beyond expectations]

o2kKdz7.png

jitsu-wa-watashi-wa-5583673.jpg

it takes a few chapters to reach it's full speed (introducing the main cast and all that), but once it does, you'll find yourself reading one of the best supernatural romance manga ever made (or rom-coms period). there are no brakes on this train, and there have been few, if any chapters that i have read that didn't leave me with a massive smile on my face. i've read a lot of manga, and while i'll admit i've become somewhat biased against the standard rom-com formula, i do believe that i've still got a decent eye for good rom-com manga. not sure it'll start much discussion here, but after the latest chapter, i felt it needed to be done somewhere, so here it is, a recommendation for what is among my top ten currently running manga.

to start with, i can't really think of any negatives off the top of my head, from the art style, to the joke variety, even the way the running gags are implemented, are done in a manner that is unique to this manga. without reading it, you won't fully understand what i mean, it's probably not for everybody, since rom-coms rarely are, but trust me, this is one that you will definitely want to try. it's like the gintama of romance; you might not like it, but it's well worth reading to find out. also, there is an anime called jitsu wa, but similar to tsukihime, it is NOT in any way, related to the manga that i am currently discussing. in fact, there's no such thing as a jitsu wa watashi wa anime. although there's a really nice ED song that you might happen to like if you happen to type in jitsu wa ED on youtube. it goes really well with some of the chapters of them manga as well, such as the most recent one. but i repeat;There is no Jitsu wa anime.

this manga is actually just

79% meme-tier reaction faces

20% what the f***

1% actual plot

it's the best romcom i've ever read, with heavy heavy emphasis on com rather than rom.

wait, how far have you read through the manga? plot-wise, this manga progresses faster than practically every romance manga i've ever read, and even side characters get entire arcs devoted to their ships setting sail. not sure why you think the plot's so slow on the scale, but i have to say, there's a ton of it imo.

[spoiler=as far as relationships go]

the main relationship is resolved faster than even most short romance manga, and side relationships are build up the whole way through, the most recent arc being one of the most satisfying conclusions to a side character's relationship that i've ever seen. 

heheheh

All of it. in one sitting no less. im mostly just saying the plot while substantial is wholly overshadowed by m e m e s

overshadowed by memes? well... not sure what to say about that, but the plot has definitely moved massively forwards in comparison to most, if not all rom-coms.

Archived