Feminism

Ryusei the Morning Star

This is gonna be a pretty volatile topics with a lot of potential tangents to follow through on. To get the ball rolling, one I would like to address is the myth of unequal wages

Ctyjz-EXEAADYe0.png

The premise for the equal wage theory is wrong; it's not equal work, for equal pay. 

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=http://www.forbes.com/sites/karinagness/2016/04/12/dont-buy-into-the-gender-pay-gap-myth/&refURL=https://www.google.com/&referrer=https://www.google.com/

Men tend to work longer and harder, therefore they on average get paid more.

Feminism means equality for everyone. If you want equal pay, put in 60+ hours like I did.

The rest of it boils down to "rape is wrong," "Don't catcall me unless you want a knee in your balls," and moving he Tumblr irltards away from those who know what the funk is actually going on.

gotta add in: changing the laws to make basic things illegal (such as catcalling) is partially the result of feminism. be it north america (everything above mexico really), or europe, (the 2 most affected regions) there has been a lot of pushing for new laws that would limit freedom or speech, i don't support being a jerk, but making it possible to arrest people just for being rude (or just because you perceive them as such), is just wrong. 

past that, the places where feminism's the most prominent, are funny enough, the places where it's the least needed atm. first world countries are pretty much the picture of equality, yes, there are things that one gender has over the other, but for the most part, it's all already balanced out. yet i don't see much of feminism pushing into places like the middle east, where it would actually be far more useful (if we're going by the western idea of equality).

I just wish I knew if the gender wage gap is real or not.  Some say it is, some say it's not.  Somebody's wrong.

put simply, there is a gap, but it's not because of discrimination, it's because men simply work longer hours, at most, if not all, levels of pay.

many feminists (not all, but enough that i expect it in pretty much every discussion with a feminist) use the wage gap as proof of some sort of sexism, when it's simply a difference in overall work put in, be it due to pregnancy leave, or other reasons.

men are better suited to working longer hours under harsher conditions. biology is sexist like that.

if you were being sarcastic, then ignore this post.

I'm inclined to agree with you, but I would like to see if you have some kind of sources or actual scientific studies that prove this.

longer hours place more stress on your mind and body, both physically and mentally. i trust you all understand that physically, men are known to be built for such difficulties. as such, on average, and above average, men will be more capable of handling the physical strain of consecutive 12-18 hour shifts in any department you would like to name. in other words, as far as the physical goes, men are simply better equipped to work long hours. women also have to deal with childbirth. which, while impressive, isn't compatible with (and often hinders) high work ethic and long hours in an office environment. women are simply optimized physically for nurture, not competition, as many workplaces require. i trust that settles the physical half of the discussion.

what it comes down to past that is the mental strain, and in that factor, men and women are on a far more evened out playing field. men, on average are more wired for tasks that require solitude, rational thought (aka low emotion high logic) or competition, we simply have it ingrained deeper because as humans evolved, men were the ones who did the killing, hunting, long-term planning, and fighting in most societies. women on the other hand, are far better on average, at tasks that require more casual interaction between people, in the non competitive sense. so roles such as doctor, therapist, counselor, PR, ect, are simply better suited for them. women weren't the ones on life or death terms, or at least not to the extent that men had to be, so their mentality didn't foster as much of a competitive side. this reasoning can be applied to many a competitive field, and explains soundly why women are less present in competitive environments.

in short, men win hands down physically, and while women take their fair share of wins mentally, after long hours, voluntary or involuntary, the strain on body and mind is simply better borne by males, because it's what they have biologically done for generations upon generations. women can compete in many an area, but men, by virtue of the more durable body, and a pretty much even mindset outside of competition (there are other differences,[https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/200803/male-brain-vs-female-brain-i] but not enough to even out the balance), win out in more situations regarding workplace durability. biology simply played out that way. men are the worker and warrior bees. women are the queens.

Archived