[MTG] Pro Tour Kaladesh

Flame Dragon

I really wish I picked up Gearhulk. The card was obviously poised to break out and o boy did it ever.

Personally, I just love how in the "control is dead" standard the finals of the PT was 2 different control decks. Though I think that is partly because of the players and the Aetherwork decks being a bye for them. That deck seems cool (the fact that 3 different cards got build around decks is pretty sweet), but the Marvel deck can not beat control.

frankly, control is looking fine nowadays, especially with the blue gearhulk pushing it. as a combo player, if i can push through the counterspells i can end up on top usually, so i'm not terribly worried about it.

i'm glad midrange has taken a seat, though. it was difficult to get through all the bant coco last standard.

Torrential Gearhulk is now pushing $40. What the eff.

This is why we can't have nice things. ;_;

EDIT: However, this does mean that the EV of a Kaladesh pack (not even including Masterpieces) is above $4/ea, which means current set prices are unsustainable. We should expect drops sometime in the near future.

frankly, control is looking fine nowadays, especially with the blue gearhulk pushing it. as a combo player, if i can push through the counterspells i can end up on top usually, so i'm not terribly worried about it.

i'm glad midrange has taken a seat, though. it was difficult to get through all the bant coco last standard.

It can be so hard to push through the counters. Not helped by Spell Queller making life super difficult.

Yea, we didn't have any midrange decks did we.

Torrential Gearhulk is now pushing $40. What the eff.

This is why we can't have nice things. ;_;

EDIT: However, this does mean that the EV of a Kaladesh pack (not even including Masterpieces) is above $4/ea, which means current set prices are unsustainable. We should expect drops sometime in the near future.

Prices always blow up after a PT. Things should drop off a bit after a couple weeks. Though I expect Gearhulk to keep a $20 price tag.

Archived