[Shadowverse] Deathchaser

C_102511020.png?20160930a

Whenever another follower evolves, gain 2 shadows.

This card has amazing art. I'll say that right now. Along with Necroelementalist.

Unfortunately, it's not a very good card in any kind of Shadowcraft Deck, really. Sure, it combos with Dullahan to give you 6 shadows immediately, but that's really the only kind of good combo I can think of involving this thing. Especially when Midnight Haunt is a thing and does it so much better.

Although, with Dark Angel Olivia being a thing, this could get some use in some Shadowcraft Decks.

What do you all think?

• 2 weeks later...

Cards like these that say "When another allied follower evolves", often put a sour taste in my mouth being a Dragon/Haven/Forestcraft player. Evolving should be either a well timed gambit or facilitating the existing board. Even Olivia though she lets you be a bit sloppy with it, doesn't change the point much outside of Dragoncraft given its a turn 9 card.

I don't Shadowcraft much but I don't see how this card's ability facilitates an existing board. Will have to play more obviously with Shadowcraft to determine, but I doubt it'll change much given that all I see is the same problem these sorts of cards have.

You guys are missing what this card does. It's not allies. It's evolvers, period. It sees a bunch of play because it rewards you for the opponent expending resources.

Most cards like this are cheap and give a beneficial effect. 
If they're not used, it's because it's too slow for the deck. Like the Runecraft, Forestcraft, and Swordcraft ones. And the Runecraft one is only bad because Rune never has board presence, at least, not yet, so it's too much of a target.

Mushussu, Mini Soul Devil, and this card are all amazing and all see play- 3x, most often. They all also have good stats for 3 costs.

You guys are missing what this card does. It's not allies. It's evolvers, period. It sees a bunch of play because it rewards you for the opponent expending resources.

Most cards like this are cheap and give a beneficial effect. 

If they're not used, it's because it's too slow for the deck. Like the Runecraft, Forestcraft, and Swordcraft ones. And the Runecraft one is only bad because Rune never has board presence, at least, not yet, so it's too much of a target.

Mushussu, Mini Soul Devil, and this card are all amazing and all see play- 3x, most often. They all also have good stats for 3 costs.

You're gonna have to explain Mushussu to me. I don't see it as amazing at all. In fact it was among the first to go as I started to rebuild my decks after the initial go-arounds.

I can confirm that almost all Dragoncraft players I face run Mushu. I don't know exactly why, but my guess is that it's because the 2 attack buff lets it trade way better than most small dudes with evolved stuff 'cause it gets buffed when they evolve. Like I said IDK if that's the real reason, but I know the card IS run a lot and that's what I've got for why.

It's ran because you gain the exact amount of attack given in an evolve for free. They are forced to rush him as a target before he gets damage, or forced to trade whatever they evolved with it because it will out trade them next turn.

Dragoncraft especially thrives on these trades/resource wasting because they need to live to start getting playorbs and high level thingies. Also, any damage that people let through will often allow Genesis Dragon to end the game.

Archived