Will the U.S get this deck?

Of the 3 decks released in Japan ('06, '07, and '08), we've gotten 1 so far. If we're lucky they may release something similar to the 2008 one, but I just hope they skip right to that one and not bother making an English version of the 2007 deck.

Ugh, I just checked the card list and it has Gaia, Knight of the Earth on it. Haven't they gotten sick of making stupid remakes of Gaia the Fierce Knight yet? The first one sucked, and the remakes haven't been much better.

Oh man!

Axe Raider' date=' Dark Blade AND Harpie Girl??

Where do I sign up?

[/quote']

That's sort of like saying you're not getting Phantom of Darkness because it has Lotus and Fire Trooper.

Those two cards aren't exactly bad, you know.

Lotus = The World lock.

Fire Trooper = Oppression Draining Bushi.

Oh man!

Where do I sign up?

[/quote']

That's sort of like saying you're not getting Phantom of Darkness because it has Lotus and Fire Trooper.

Lotus = The World lock.

Dark Blade = Beatdown/DARK decks

Harpie Girl = Level 2 deck

All cards have their uses, as meaningless as they may be.

Oh man!

Where do I sign up?

[/quote']

Lotus = The World lock.

Except both of those cards are sucky choices even for the decks where they fit, whereas Fire Trooper and Lotus are indispensible for their respective decks.

Oh man!

Where do I sign up?

[/quote']

Lotus = The World lock.

Except both of those cards are sucky choices even for the decks where they fit, whereas Fire Trooper and Lotus are indispensible for their respective decks.

But you can't use them at all in a regular deck without major inconsistencies.

You could at least splash in Dark Blade or Axe Raider, and Harpie Girl could be used in decks that revolve around weak cards.

Oh man!

Where do I sign up?

[/quote']

Lotus = The World lock.

You could at least splash in Dark Blade or Axe Raider, and Harpie Girl could be used in decks that revolve around weak cards.

You can splash Bistro Butcher too. Just because a card is equally sucky everywhere doesn't mean it's good. Also, there are far better Level 2 Normal monsters than Harpie Girl; remember Warrior of Atlantis?

Oh man!

Where do I sign up?

[/quote']

Lotus = The World lock.

You can splash Bistro Butcher too. Just because a card is equally sucky everywhere doesn't mean it's good. Also, there are far better Level 2 Normal monsters than Harpie Girl; remember Warrior of Atlantis?

There are also better alternatives over Bushi and Lotus in a deck that doesn't revolve around them. Treeborn Frog, for example. Or any card that Special Summons a monster.

Oh man!

Where do I sign up?

[/quote']

Lotus = The World lock.

There are also better alternatives over Bushi and Lotus in a deck that doesn't revolve around them. Treeborn Frog, for example. Or any card that Special Summons a monster.

A card that is vital in its own deck is better than a card that sucks in every deck ever created. There are better alternatives to DAD in a LIGHT deck. Does that make DAD a bad card?

Oh man!

Where do I sign up?

[/quote']

Lotus = The World lock.

A card that is vital in its own deck is better than a card that sucks in every deck ever created.

Not necessarily. And, anyway, we're talking about if he didn't want to get a set of cards just because of certain cards that were in it, in general.

Oh man!

Where do I sign up?

[/quote']

Lotus = The World lock.

A card that is vital in its own deck is better than a card that sucks in every deck ever created.

Not necessarily. And, anyway, we're talking about if he didn't want to get a set of cards just because of certain cards that were in it, in general.

Yes necessarily. Sometimes great > always bad.

Also, the difference is that Starter Deck 2008 has no good cards to make up for the presence of bad cards.

Oh man!

Where do I sign up?

[/quote']

Lotus = The World lock.

Also, the difference is that Starter Deck 2008 has no good cards to make up for the presence of bad cards.

The Law of the Normals could be great. Dark Blade, by your definition, sucks in all decks.

If what you say is true, there is still no excuse in mentioning only three cards from the set that wouldn't be good. To make what I originally said more clear I'll say "That's like not buying a set of all the best cards in existence because they also have three cards which aren't so good."

And I'm not saying this in the sense that this deck is the best in all existence, but just that he only used three cards as his excuse.

Oh man!

Where do I sign up?

[/quote']

Lotus = The World lock.

The Law of the Normals could be great. Dark Blade, by your definition, sucks in all decks.

If what you say is true, there is still no excuse in mentioning only three cards from the set that wouldn't be good. To make what I originally said more clear I'll say "That's like not buying a set of all the best cards in existence because they also have three cards which aren't so good."

And I'm not saying this in the sense that this deck is the best in all existence, but just that he only used three cards as his excuse.

Law of the Normal has far better monsters to use. In Normal Monsters, ATK actually matters, since there isn't much else to look at.

When Dark Blade is one of the better cards in the deck, you know it sucks. As RedSceptile said - "Because that Starter deck contains some to die for cards right?"

Oh man!

Where do I sign up?

[/quote']

Lotus = The World lock.

Law of the Normal has far better monsters to use. In Normal Monsters, ATK actually matters, since there isn't much else to look at.

When Dark Blade is one of the better cards in the deck, you know it sucks. As RedSceptile said - "Because that Starter deck contains some to die for cards right?"

Nobody said it was one of the better card of the deck. And if someone thought this, then they don't understand half the cards in this deck. Not only that, but if you thought that it was the most terrible card, yet the best in the deck, then you're contradicting your own rule of "sometimes great > not good in any deck" rule.

Oh man!

Where do I sign up?

[/quote']

Lotus = The World lock.

Nobody said it was one of the better card of the deck. And if someone thought this, then they don't understand half the cards in this deck. Not only that, but if you thought that it was the most terrible card, yet the best in the deck, then you're contradicting your own rule of "sometimes great > not good in any deck" rule.

lern2hyperbole

Also, just because Harpie Girl is a terrible card doesn't mean it isn't better than Larvae Moth.

Archived