Planets Could Orbit Singularities Inside Black Holes

Ryusei the Morning Star

black_hole_orbit.png?sw=373

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/423608/planets-could-orbit-singularities-inside-black-holes/

A few problems:

"To clarify this possibility we suppose that BH interiors are described by the Kerr-Newman metric with a maximally extended global geometry"

That's a strong assumption. There is still dispute if the Kerr-Newman metric describes the interior of rotating, charged black holes correctly:

"Like the Kerr metric for an uncharged rotating mass, the Kerr–Newman interior solution exists mathematically but is probably not representative of the actual metric of a physically realistic rotating black hole due to stability issues."

Another, pretty weird statement follows right after:

"The corresponding Carter-Penrose conformal diagram of the eternal black is an infinite stairway of asymptotically flat space-times, connected by the one -way Einstein-Rosen bridges."

The Carter-Penrose diagram for a Kerr-Newman solution is in the lower right. It is not an infinite stairway. I'm quite skeptical of this paper.

I find the theory interesting (what little I understand about it).  Is it bad that when I read singularity I immediately thought of Borderlands?  Anyway, we're far from having the tech to even examine something like this on a more grand scale, but saying that there are planets inside of black holes is literally an entire new universe.  That's so funking cool.

if the inside of a black hole has any stability, it could likely support it's own ecosystem (if any for of life could exist in such contditions), but what are they bouncing this off of? either way. under this same context, it makes me add a few questions the expansion theory, if this does hold true, it could imply that our own universe itself may very well exist inside of a black hole variant. which would be rather fun. not likely, but a fun thought.

if the inside of a black hole has any stability, it could likely support it's own ecosystem (if any for of life could exist in such contditions), but what are they bouncing this off of? either way. under this same context, it makes me add a few questions the expansion theory, if this does hold true, it could imply that our own universe itself may very well exist inside of a black hole variant. which would be rather fun. not likely, but a fun thought.

If it were large enough you'd never know

The imagery would be amazing though. It's all dark. The Sky will be mostly black. Shades getting darker as you look towards the singularity. 

The photon pathways will be like Saturn rings, but made of shining light. There may be multiple rings. So think of a black sky, with a shining band of light tearing through the darkness

Archived