A Pendulum Tuner that allows you to use cards in the Pendulum Zone as Synchro Material, it is a simple, but useful card for many Pendulum Decks, being a Level 4 allows for access to some of the higher Level Synchros that support Pendulums and the easy access from the Pendulum Zone means you can bring out monsters much faster without even needing Pendulum Summoning. The limit, you can only use Pendulum Monsters when Synchro Summoning, so certain Decks are hurt by this a bit, but it shouldn't be a problem for the most part.

gearswitcher_by_zaziuma-db6024m.png

Pendulum Effect:

If you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your Pendulum Zone. You can only use this effect of “Gearswitcher” once per turn.

Monster Effect:

During your Main Phase, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon 1 Synchro Monster, using only this card you control and 1 card in your Pendulum Zone.  Cannot be used as a Synchro Material, except when Synchro Summoning using only Pendulum Monsters.

Good card, IMO. At worst is a Photon Thrasher with different typing and thus, support; at best, in ensues Synchro shenanigans in Pendulum decks. As a Level4 Machine it would be welcomed by certain Level 4 Machines like Machina Gearframe by allowing them to access Geargigant X while using its Normal Summon effect; ABCs could find it useful too, I guess. Scale 5 isn't that good IMO because it's between the usual 1-3 and 7+, but hey, at the very least it allows the Pendulum Summon of Level4s whne using a lower scale.

Pretty sure that making the alternate Synchro Summoning as a continuous effect, like with Tatsunoko, is also an option. Not that it matters much; the main difference is that the current version activates and starts a chain, and the other would not.

Pretty sure that making the alternate Synchro Summoning as a continuous effect, like with Tatsunoko, is also an option. Not that it matters much; the main difference is that the current version activates and starts a chain, and the other would not.

I just copied the Pendulum Synchron's effect from the anime to be honest.

That picture is from Skylanders, and thats really all I have to say other than basic but really effective card even in decks that don't necessarily need synchro's, like deskbots, but it would be a great way to make deskbots relevant and maybe, just MAYBE, make them tier 1 *boo* I know I know but still

Archived