Number 89: Computerbeast Diablosis

Well, if we had something competent that could still make Rank 7s this would be a cool card, but as it stands, Level 7 is still being left in the dust for the most part. I like what it has going on, the first effect can be useful for anything that can make this guy in very special cases, but otherwise, there's not much to it. Good ATK I suppose. I like how it's a computer-based card, but because Cyverse wasn't introduced, its a Psychic, isn't that fun.

Harpies?

Their trap is already bonkers with Link summons

It's a psychic type presumably because banishing sheet has been one of the two things the type was built around. You had the whole Grandsoil-Psychic deck that topped a YCS a few years back that just screwed around with banishing it's own stuff from the graveyard and playing with the Banished zone. Like sure the aesthic of the card is more Cyverse because of the whole 'it's a computer beast', but that's also not that out there for Psychics and the effect is definately more in line with that type than Cyverse. And really, the issues of 'what type does this thing aethetically fit into' has always been a thing for new types. People would wonder why Psychic stuff couldn't be machine or spellcaster.

You do have the issue that iirc that deck could not make rank 7's. It couldn't even laddering in level 7 synchro's that well, you usually made stuff like Nat Beast and Barkion instead.

Oh yeah, it's also a weird Xyz version of Diabolos, King of the Abyss. Similar name, similar ish stats, similarish effect in terms of 'look at something the opponent has and then maniplate it', and it's got an appropriate level for the rank. So maybe?

It's a psychic type presumably because banishing s*** has been one of the two things the type was built around. You had the whole Grandsoil-Psychic deck that topped a YCS a few years back that just screwed around with banishing it's own stuff from the graveyard and playing with the Banished zone. Like sure the aesthic of the card is more Cyverse because of the whole 'it's a computer beast', but that's also not that out there for Psychics and the effect is definately more in line with that type than Cyverse. And really, the issues of 'what type does this thing aethetically fit into' has always been a thing for new types. People would wonder why Psychic stuff couldn't be machine or spellcaster.

You do have the issue that iirc that deck could not make rank 7's. It couldn't even laddering in level 7 synchro's that well, you usually made stuff like Nat Beast and Barkion instead.

Oh yeah, it's also a weird Xyz version of Diabolos, King of the Abyss. Similar name, similar ish stats, similarish effect in terms of 'look at something the opponent has and then maniplate it', and it's got an appropriate level for the rank. So maybe?

I thought about that, too, but the DEF is not the same as Diabolos' so it debunks it IMO.

And to be fair, Cyberses started banishing too with Dual Assembloom, Balancer Lord and Dot Scaper.

That last effect seems specifically designed to counter Pot of Desires. Your opponent probably won't want to lose half of their Deck to draw 2, as that would likely be too big of a risk, so they will expend resources to blow up this guy first. And forcing your opponent to waste resources is always good. And the artwork is amazing, my favorite among the Numbers, actually.

Archived