Historical Conquest

Arctic55

BFfhz9l.png

Do you like card games or history? What if there was a way to make learning history fun? Obviously, the only way to do that is by turning history into a game. Historical Conquest, winner of the Family Choice Award, isn't merely an educational card game, it is a game the likes of which has never existed before. The creator took the best concepts from the board game Risk, and the card games Magic: The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon, and the videogame Civilization and created one game, in which every character in the game is an actual person from history. In addition, the story of each figure is built into the card itself so players can learn the history of the character from which their cards are created.

h0w7d44.jpg

Historical Conquest™ is a unique and exciting card game in which players create personalized societies of heroes, villains, leaders, assassins, disasters, armies more from history and battle them against one another. Each card is complete with fantastic illustrations and intriguing summaries of people, places, and events from history. The abilities of each card used in the game relate to the abilities these individuals actually had during their lives. Due to the diversity of the cards, the possibilities are endless!

xvLRANa.jpg

Each player needs his or her own Starter Deck of 50 cards to begin. Players collect additional decks in order to customize the set being played and to trade with friends. Expansion Packs add even more excitement and diversity. While Starter Decks contain cards spanning all of world history and geography, Expansion Packs consist of cards from a particular time period and its associated locations, such as the American Revolutionary War, the Roman Expansion, the U.S. Civil War, World War II, or the Wild West. Play Mats are an excellent way to keep track of cards and scores.

oG28d86.jpg

From the Founder: "Historical Conquest™ was originally designed because I saw that youth were losing interest in history. This game stemmed from a college project to "create a product that would change the world." I noted that youth would rather play in fiction than engage their imaginations in real-life adventures. Did you know that for every character in fiction, there are at least 5 amazing figures in history with more exciting and adventurous lives than their fictional counterparts? History contains everything needed for an exciting adventure: heroes, warriors, plots, disasters, technology, assassins, and the worst villains imaginable."

QhvePts.jpg

There are currently 6 Starter Decks, 7 Expansion Packs, and 5 Play Mats, with 1 Starter and 2 Expansions in pre-order. Website: http://historicalconquest.wixsite.com/historicalconquest

Edit: To clear a few things up, this post is not sponsored. The link goes to the game's official homepage. I only made this post out of love for the game and to spread awareness.

Alright, not gonna lie, this looks really damn cool. I've been playing Civ 5 a bit every now and then and love it, and I do like card games as well as history (though I hate studying most of the time so my history knowledge is garbage). This is like you said, kinda the best of all the things. If there was an online sim for this, I'd play the hell out of it as long as I don't have to gouge my wallet to do so. That said, are you sure this wouldn't be a better fit in Other TCG? It does meet the criteria.

If you end up wanting the thread moved, I can do that no problem. Otherwise, typical reminder for all the below posts, stay on-topic, don't spam be good, etc.

I'd play the hell out of it as long as I don't have to gouge my wallet to do so. That said, are you sure this wouldn't be a better fit in Other TCG? It does meet the criteria.

The cool thing is, the starter decks are only $17 and the expansions are only $7, and of course you don't need a playmat.  The entire collection including pre-orders of the new stuff comes to a total of less than $200, cheaper than a single current Yugioh Competitive deck.  Also, if you would move this to Other TCG, that would be great.  I'm kinda blind apparently because I couldn't find it when I was looking to make this post.

Tip: If you buy the whole collection, you only need a starter deck to play at the minimum, so you could play with 5 other people just using your cards (6 people when the new starter is released).

Archived