[Written] Queztzacoadon Rex, Sun-hatched Guardian

Dokutah

Queztzacoadon Rex, Sun-hatched Guardian

FIRE / Level 9 / Dinosaur / Effect

If either this card is Summoned OR your opponent Special Summoned their 2nd or more monster that turn while you control this Normal Summoned Monster: You can Special Summon "Acolydon Token" (Dinosaur/FIRE/Level 5/ATK 1500/DEF 0) to your side of the field up to number of monster tributed to Summon this card +1.This Normal Summoned card cannot be destroyed by battle. While you control an "Acolydon Token", this card is unaffected by card effects. If a "Acolydon Token" is destroyed by battle or by opponent card effect: Place 1 Wrath Counter on this card. If this card has 8 or more Wrath Counter, you win the Duel.

ATK 2600 / DEF 3500

[spoiler=old effect]

If either this card is Normal Summoned OR your opponent Special Summon a monster from his/her Extra Deck while you control this Normal Summoned Monster: You can Special Summon "Acolydon Token" (Dinosaur/FIRE/Level 5/ATK 1500/DEF 0) to your side of the field up to number of monster tributed to Normal Summon this card. They cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon. and each time 1 of them would be destroyed by battle or by opponent card effect(s), your opponent can return 1 card they control or in their hand to the top of its owner deck, instead. If a "Acolydon Token" is destroyed by battle or by opponent card effect: Place 1 Wrath Counter on this card. If this card has 8 or more Wrath Counter, you win the Duel.

ah what a relieve....something OOT that its not a Joke card section worthy (i hope). Blame MTG's Ixalan expansion for this sudden urges

abstract rant aside, the in-depth explanation will be put on soon. but basically i got interested in recent YCM statuses of how making a more interactive win condition especially the one that require more than a single turn-mega combo

This is one of the hardest win conditions I've seen xD

High Level Dinosaurs that don't get Special Summoned, instead focus on reducing Tributes, like with their pills or that Card of Safe Return on legs they have from the GX era.

So right off the bat it is already countering the current it would like to mix with. Or you'd expect it'd get a triple Tribute clause (or more) to facilitate the further steps to this card's effect, otherwise your max is 2.

Then there's how past the first 2 Tokens, it will require the opponent to Summon... specifically from their Extra Deck, so you already know that opponents that rarely use the Extra Deck (Domain Monarchs, some True Kings variants, etc) will make your strategy flat out impossible. It also is worded in a way that it probably has to use the tokens made by it, even if other cards were to make tokens with the same name in future support. 

Also, the monster doesn't extend the protection of the Tokens to itself. The Tokens can easily wind up left on the field without their boss. I already picture it getting filled with Tokens against something like Zoodiacs, only to get hit by Drident right there.

Even if it faced a Deck that heavily Special Summoned from the Extra Deck and couldn't kill it right off the bat, this card cannot make enough Tokens since 4 is the max capacity of the field size. It will get hit by a full combo from somebody that took the challenge and hope you haven't lost yet. Then it better finds a way of making the opponent rinse and repeat for the remaining 4 Counters, and survive again for that win condition.

I commend the attempt but it sounds pretty unusable... Like, I'd use Destiny Leo over this card any day, and maybe Destiny Board and Venominaga too. Let alone think of Mischievous Angel or Exodia. xD

Let's see.... Suggestions suggestions... hmmm....

I think it'd be better if it allowed you to Tribute any number of monsters for it, and if it could not be targeted by attacks/effects while you had a Token(s)

That'd promote making the "minions protect the castle" strategy. In fact, you can downright make the boss unaffected by effects while you have Tokens, and have it get protected from battle destruction by removing counters. It'd still not be impossible to take down (and that's without putting Kaijus into the equation). This would still take a fair amount of effort to work out the win condition because 8 counters is a lot.

I don't really like the awkward "your opponent can choose when the Tokens die". Rather, just make the boss gain a counter when a Token(s) is destroyed (as in, if all get nuked, but it was at the same time, you only get 1 counter). There are other forms of removal so destruction is fine enough as a trigger IMO. Plus, it is super slow so you have to calculate the average amount of effort your typical deck takes to win a game, and not make the win condition too much inferior to that. I understand it HAS to take enough setup, we are talking about winning the game after all, but still...

In fact, why can't they be Tributed for a Tribute Summon? If you are using this card you are not gonna be aiding that goal because you want to get this win condition going. Them having any body is just a bonus and I understand wanting to get aggro sometimes, but it's not like you are gonna go too far out of your way to deviate from the Tokens giving you Counters. 

You could use weird ideas like Token Stampede to beat down, although it still requiring the opponent's Extra Deck Summon to make the Tokens still makes it possible to work around.

It'd look like this with the suggestions:

Can be Normal Summoned with 3 Tributes. When your opponent Special Summons a monster(s) from the Extra Deck: Special Summon 1 "Acolydon Token" (Dinosaur, FIRE, Level 5, ATK/ 1500, DEF/ 0) for each monster Tributed for this card's Summon. If an "Acolydon Token(s)" is destroyed by battle or an opponent's card effect, place 1 Wrath Counter on this card. While you control an "Acolydon Token", this card is unaffected by card effects. If this card would be destroyed by battle, you can remove 3 Wrath Counters from it instead. If this card has 8 Wrath Counters, you win the Duel.

I know you are being careful because you want the win condition to be hard and possibly interactive unlike those Exodia FTKs, and I think my suggested version is still hard to pull off (I hope I didn't overlook something that horribly beaks my card here xD ), but I think boosting it up this much is fine.....

any thing you said

instant agree with what you said

hmmm if that the case i probably gonna fix it with even stronger version of your fix since its still jumping hoops anyways:

1) token generation now trigger on (this card being summoned in any ways) and (opponent Special Summon their 2nd or more monster, don't punish them for setting up) and at the very least giving you 1 token via its +1 counting (while still retain Sleepy's 3 tribute=3 token feat...kinda)

2) decide to upgrade anti-battle destruction into upon normal summon.

Archived