Pokemon: Mind and Soul [OOC/PG-13/Not Accepting]

You got it, CC!

Flint is an eager mind, wanting nothing more than to learn and live, with his greatest companion at his side.

Jacklyn's adventurous and friendly behavior matches well with Flint's own friendly and cheerful energy, making for a potentially very effective team, especially in any 2v2 battles that may come about. Conversely, Naomi's 'chronic case of excessive chill' would contrast and possible conflict somewhat with Flint's eagerness to explore and learn. Overall, it seems more likely he'd work with Jacklyn if offered a choice, but what actually happens depends heavily on first impressions all around.

Naomi: Naomi's lax behavior would likely frustrate him to no end, but Flint hasn't the heart to actually do anything about it. He'd be a pushover to her, at least until push came to shove. Their shared love of Pokemon would be an easy bonding point.

Jacklyn: Flint would find Jacklyn's energy refreshing and familiar, but would occasionally have to slow down in order to take notes. At worst, he may come off as something of a nerd, but he'd just be happy to have someone eager to share his stories of Kanto with.

Ivan: Ivan's 'tough guy' shtick would get old fast. While Flint would be easily frightened by the more intimidating and ever so slightly taller man, he's far from one to take it lying down for long, and if forced to spend time alone with him, his intentionally abrasive personality would be more than enough to make Flint snap back at him.

Being as Flint and Sparkle have had very little experience and confidence in battle, they'd probably lose easily early on, and Sparkle would definitely get grumpy about it, but the two of them are fast learners, so while Sparkle will improve in combat, Flint will start to apply his research practically once he's gotten a few wins in, and their collective confidence will rise sharply.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now for the final member.....

[spoiler=On the case!]

yYIheYx.jpg?1

"STOP!  You've violated the law!  Pay the court a fine or serve your sentence.  Your stolen goods are now forfeit."

Name: Oswald Lewinsky 

Hometown: Goldenrod, Johto

[spoiler=Appearance:]

qxokJLg.jpg

Height: 176cm

Weight: 64 kg

[spoiler=Personality:]

Very strict, and uptight, Oswald holds a very high standard for himself as a truly law abiding citizen.  He always demands the utmost of himself, and tries to be a symbol of the ideal version of what a good citizen would hopefully look like.  This also means that he is very orderly, and likes to have everything on some sort of list with categories galore.  Schedules are his best friend, and if he doesn't have his day planned out, he'll be a pitiful heap that does nothing that day.  Oswald tends to keep these days to a minimum if possible.  He doesn't like being down on himself.  He would rather look out with a bright smile than dwell on the sadder stuff in life.  

Oswald is tends to lean towards a very authoritarian nature, mostly because he was the only man in his household.  He was forced to grow up quick and fast, in order to help his mom around the house.  He tended to boss around his mom's Pokemon when tasks needed to be done around the house.  Naturally, this continued into his adolescent and teenage years.  His favorite job in school was being a hall monitor.  No evil doer would get past him, and sneak into the bathroom without a pass!  He never really grew out of that phase either, and rather enjoyed super hero shows that depicted masked crusaders fighting evil.  He thought the dress-up parts of those shows were silly, but at their core, the messages really spoke to him.  

While a bit naive of life outside of the city, Oswald has the desire to learn about other social ecosystems, and their ties to Pokemon.  He wants to further his career as an Interpol Officer, and will stop at nothing to stop the forces of evil.  

[spoiler=Biography:]

Being born and raised in Goldenrod City, Oswald has grown used to the hustle and bustle of life.  When he was little, during the radio tower invasion of Team Rocket, his father had gone M.I.A., leaving him without a figure of authority in the household, and his mother crying every night.  He knew it wasn't his father's fault...rather that if Team Rocket never existed, there wouldn't be this empty void in their household.  A pain that they couldn't even see.  Oswald learned at a very young age what hatred truly was.  However, he wouldn't let it get the best of him.  Rather in fact, he would use these emotions to further his own sense of justice and morality.  He tried his hand as a vigilante for a while in Goldenrod, gaining the moniker of Golden Guy.  He paraded the underbelly of the city, only to find out that he didn't stand a chance against criminals who used Pokemon as tools to meet their ends.  Before he could stop any major crimes, he himself was nabbed by the authorities of the city.

He was lectured quite thoroughly at Police Headquarters, but a man who happened to stop by at the time saw something in Oswald.  He saw that the boy had a strong sense of justice, but wasn't able to do anything in his current state.  The man's name was looker, and he gave the boy a deal.  Let the criminals of the world run loose, or become an junior International Police investigator.  Oswald obviously accepted the latter, and started training at the academy in the city.  After graduating his first courses, he was given a pokeball containing his new partner.  It was Oswald's first Pokemon, a fluffy sheep who tingled him upon contact.  Pokemon used for the graduate program were rehabilitated Pokemon that were once used as weapons, or other bad purposes.    

His first mission as a Junior International Police agent was to investigate the ongoings of the Korova region.  There, he would see if the region was harboring fugitives of the law, or even worse, to see if a new criminal organization was on the rise.  But first, he would need to learn what it was to be a trainer...what it was that he was combating against.  Graduating from Junior to official interpol operative would require rigorous trials as a trainer, and proving one's worth against the elite trainers of a region seemed to be a perfect task to graduate.  Competing in the Korova's Pokemon league, and showing Looker all 8 badges, was now his next goal.  

But will he aim for even greater heights?  

[spoiler=Starting Pokemon:]

Pokemon: Mareep
Name: Archie
Appearance: Wears an interpol vest that fits comfortably around his body.  
Personality: Loyal and Friendly, but always on guard.  His senses are on high alert to detect high priority threats around Oswald and other citizens.  
Method of Catching/Length of owning: Acquired as a graduation gift from Interpol Academy

[spoiler=Team:]

Mareep (Archie), Level 5, Male. Modest Nature. Static. Tackle, Growl, Thunder Wave. 

I really liked the character a lot from the start honestly. And I think he'd add something fun to the group we lack honestly. The only issues I had were things we discussed and I feel that it'll be fine. Make sure I don't regret this. :P

Let me or Skaia know if you want in the chat.

Sorry to those who didn't make it, it was really really tough, but if any of you still want in in the case of someone dropping/being kicked then let me know if that time comes.

I will be posting the IC on the 1st.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey team just a reminder to keep updating your Inventory and teams.

Also I decided to put starting level for the Pokemon in the Team spoiler in parenthesis to keep track of how much they've grown.

Oh and I changed Princess's Nature to Docile cause I realized that fit more.

...Another thing of note I should address is to not forget to do some trainer battles besides ones I put up even if off-screen and just mentioned otherwise Pokedollars will become an issue. (for instance I did Naomi's battle a bit back and just started it/briefly glossed over it)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Seeing as I no longer have Skype and everyone else in the RP is currently not on Discord, I'm gonna post here real quick to clear up a bit of a recent misunderstanding regarding the restaurant Kanon's in. Basically CowCow told me to make a place up and I was like "...mkay, let's just make it a Cracker Barrel" but it seems like everyone's been under the assumption that the whole place is like a restaurant restaurant instead of the glorious half-restaurant half-candy shop that is the basis for this place. And I'm not sure if I should be askin CowCow and Hyde to edit their recent posts or if I should be editing mine to just roll with it or what.

Just wanted to get that out of the way while I was thinking about it, otherwise it'd be later when someone comes online and I'd completely forget to bring it up.

Seeing as I no longer have Skype and everyone else in the RP is currently not on Discord, I'm gonna post here real quick to clear up a bit of a recent misunderstanding regarding the restaurant Kanon's in. Basically CowCow told me to make a place up and I was like "...mkay, let's just make it a Cracker Barrel" but it seems like everyone's been under the assumption that the whole place is like a restaurant restaurant instead of the glorious half-restaurant half-candy shop that is the basis for this place. And I'm not sure if I should be askin CowCow and Hyde to edit their recent posts or if I should be editing mine to just roll with it or what.

Just wanted to get that out of the way while I was thinking about it, otherwise it'd be later when someone comes online and I'd completely forget to bring it up.

I ain't editing anything lol

It serve sushi

it restaurant 

it sell candy too

but it restaurant

host say so

host say restaurant

it restaurant 

• 3 months later...

*waves* Black has dropped from the RP and so there is an opening on the team with Jacklyn and Ivan.

SO I need a new character and fairly quick. Within a week or two I want the replacement.

I'll put up a single status (maybe a second tomorrow) but I mostly want it to be people who have been paying attention to the RP and finds the OOC cause of that.

Anyone who made an app earlier can repost the app or change it up but keep in mind that I would like if they fit in with Ivan and Jacklyn.

Here Comes a New Challenger!

[spoiler=Got a Six-String on His Back...]

tumblr_static_tumblr_mm615usiim1r11qslo1

"Traveling the world, meeting new people...playing for countless people. It's something I've always wanted to do."

x393wz.jpg

Personal Information:

x393wz.jpg

Name: Tyler Allen

Hometown: Sunnyshore City, Sinnoh
x393wz.jpg

FQLqxye.jpg

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 150 lbs

Depicted above is Tyler's general appearance, with him having a guitar bag case slung over his shoulder, which surprisingly also doubles as his backpack.

x393wz.jpg

Tyler is quite the friendly sort of individual, quick with a joke, or to light up your smoke, but all in all, he's just a kind-hearted young man towards both humans and Pokémon. That's pretty much the short version on how Tyler acts, but then again...it's the short version, the side he wants everyone to see. Truthfully, while Tyler is a kind and friendly individual, he is also the type of person who is apprehensive in whether his dream to make it big is a good idea or bad idea. This apprehension can even lead to stage-fright if out on the stage, as this little thought has been drilled into his head by his father. This is a fault he's trying hard to work through, even with Lydia's help, who is pretty much the same way in being shy and humble.

Tyler finds solace in two things: Pokémon battles/contests and playing on his guitar. Then again, there is the third thing, which is the chance to obtain any Electric Type Pokémon. As expected of someone from Sunnyshore City (or usually anyone from any city with an Electric Gym), Tyler has a love for Electric Type Pokémon, both big and small.

If the apprehensive nature and stage-fright is put to the side well enough, as a Coordinator, Tyler gets into it and puts his heart and soul into every performance, trying to both entertain the masses and have fun in the process. In battle, Tyler is always pumped up and raring to go for a round or two.

x393wz.jpg

"Let's take it from the top! 1, 2...1, 2, 3!"

Born in the beach city of Sunnyshore, Tyler Allen had it alright. The most beautiful beach view, the calming sounds of the seas, living in a place that was Electric Pokémon central...it was pretty good. But for Tyler, it lacked stuff he wanted.

Backtracking some, Tyler was born to two different individuals. His mother was a renowned Pokémon Coordinator, putting on a showstopping performance with every single contest she entered, while his father, was more or less a contractor from New Mauville City and was always fixing things at the Power Plant. Two different individuals with different ideals and yet they found love in one another. But Tyler, he was wanting to be a trainer and put his talents out for everyone to see. A musically inclined trainer that could perform in Pokémon Contests and maybe even aim for the Pokémon League, it was something that could definitely work in his mind! Unfortunately, his father preferred for him to stay and actually work a real job rather than chasing a dream.

It was heartbreaking for Tyler, but being the good son, he did what he was told. Nevertheless, he usually found time to just go out and practice chords and songs on his guitar. That's when he met her...Lydia. On one day while being out near the forested area by Sunnyshore, he saw the Ralts coming out and actually dancing in time with his music. Of course, when Tyler stopped playing and acknowledged her, the Ralts would get shy and then go off an hide again. Still, it became a regular thing for him to play there and here to come out to dance. It was normally how their relationship worked out, until one day Tyler actually asked if she wanted to stay with him, in order to hear his music more. Not feeling any ill intent from the young man, of course she agreed. Now Tyler had his own Pokémon...now to find a way out of Sinnoh.

That chance came in the form of his father being called to New Mauville for a matter. He took this opportunity and packed his things, preparing to head to a different region, namely the Korova region he heard such things about. Tyler packed his things and said good-bye to his mother, who from day one approved of her son's dream, and promised to keep in touch. Thus, with guitar and Lydia in tow, Tyler took his first steps into chasing the dream he's always longed for.

x393wz.jpg

Pokémon Information:

x393wz.jpg

tumblr_mz2gxfTVyT1rn4yl3o1_r1_250.gif

Pokemon: Ralts
Name: Lydia
Appearance: Looks like a normal Ralts
Personality: Lydia is quite a humble and shy Pokémon, and usually tends to stay close to Tyler. However she does enjoy it whenever Tyler plays on his guitar, as it seems to soothe both the emotions of her trainer and herself.
Method of Catching/Length of owning: The two met when Tyler was out just practicing chords and a few songs on his guitar, in Sunnyshore.

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Lydia the Ralts]

280.png

Pokémon: Ralts
Level: 5
Ability: Trace
Nature: Modest
Moves:

• Growl
  • Confusion

x393wz.jpg
Miscellaneous Information:

x393wz.jpg

Tyler's Theme (Alternative) | Battle Theme (Alternative)

• Tyler's name means the following: Tyler - Old French as well as Middle English, both referring to the occupational name for a brick layer, Allen - Celtic name meaning, "harmony", "stone", or "noble".
  • His dream, aside from being a Pokémon Trainer/Coordinator, is to amass as many Pokémon as he can to use the talents they have in order to make a band.
  • The guitar he has is nicknamed Roxanne, in reference to two things: 1. Musicians (at least some) tend to name their instruments, normally guitars. 2. The name in itself is a reference to the song by the band "The Police".
  • Lydia, Tyler's Ralts, is nicknamed after a character who was an Empath in the show, "Heroes": Lydia.
  • Tyler Allen is a character that I happened to transpose from a Pokémon Tabletop United (PTU) campaign, where Tyler here was made to be a Spark Master (person with Electric Type powers/an Electric Type user, as well having the ability to Type Sync a Pokémon) Bard, which meant he was a Special Attacker plus also support to the party. While some elements carry over, namely the name, love of being a musician, and love/preference of Electric Types, there are zero Spark Master powers for him...that and his Starter is different than the campaign I played him in.

Couldn't resist making an app.

[spoiler=NEET]

nG33hhA.png

"Being outside is overrated. Why am I here again?"

Name: Belladonna "Belle" Morgane

Hometown: Saffron City

[spoiler=Appearance]

7W8POpq.png

Image made by hishiuma

Height: 5'0"

Weight: 150 lbs

Since she has an appetite but doesn't like to go outside, Belle has gotten to be overweight for her size.

[spoiler=Personality]

If there were a word for Belle, it'd be "sloth." Lazy, apathetic, and sedentary, she is a hedonist, only caring for indulging her whims, which include eating, sleeping, and surfing the internet. She is the kind of person who will spend hours wrapped up in a blanket watching Slowpoke videos while eating potato chips. Belle prides herself on having eaten every kind of potato chip in the world. She also prides herself on knowing useless facts gained from the internet, such as "Zubat always turn left when exiting a cave," or "Everybody has a unique tongue print."

Belle despises normal outdoor things like bright sunlight and talking to people. She will often shout "The light burns! Make it go away!" when the sun is out, and hiss when people get too close to her. She has absolutely no interest in dealing with people and would prefer to remain an outcast shut-in for the rest of her life, thank you very much. However, she is secretly curious about the world and the people in it, she just wishes she could experience it from her bed.

More intelligent than many give her credit for, she oftentimes doesn't showcase that intelligence except when solving puzzles "because I'm an expert at video games." While she is fine using her abilities when by herself or around family members, she is uncomfortable using them around people she doesn't trust, as she doesn't want to deal with the inevitable hassle of explaining herself and being treated differently from then on.

[spoiler=Biography]

Belle was born to a family of infamous psychics in Saffron City, most notably her older cousin, Sabrina, who was both admired and feared not only for her psychic genius, but for her battling prowess. As a child, Belle was shunned by the other children, fearful that she would become just like her cousin. Partially as a reaction, partially out of laziness, Belle lost any and all desire to hone her psychic powers aside from the bare minimum: telekinesis. With her powers, she could lift a can of soda less than a foot from her and guide it to her mouth, all without moving a limb. This ultimately led to her current condition of hating to move at all, and letting her powers do the work for her. Unfortunately, she cannot move human or even Pokémon-sized objects, as she's discovering to her detriment now that she actually has to walk around herself.

Hurt and angry by how people treated her, Belle vowed to become a shut-in. She sequestered herself away in her room, much to the dismay of her parents, with only books, games, and a computer for company. Eventually, she became addicted to that lifestyle, inadvertently learning about Pokémon along the way as she played video game after video game. She especially became fascinated by Slowpoke after watching a music video on them, and declared them her spirit Pokémon.

When Belle turned sixteen, her parents, fed up, decided to kick her out of the house so that she could become "at least somewhat normal." Lost and confused, she went to her cousin, who took her in for a time. After inadvertently wrecking the Saffron Gym for the tenth time, Sabrina then informed her about this amazing contest going on where all you had to do was sign your name to enter. And the prize was money beyond imagining. Taken in by the idea of having enough money to go back to her old lifestyle, Belle signed the contract, was promptly teleported to a strange port, and dumped there. "You can't back out now," Sabrina cackled as she left, muttering, "Finally, I'll be able to clean up my Gym now. I can't believe she managed to spill acid on the warp tiles. Really, does she not know the difference between bleach and hydrochloric?"

Without any choice in the matter, Belle was forced to accept a Pokémon and start the journey. As an excitable girl nearby chose a fire rabbit, she was left to decide between a grass cow and a water bear. Eventually choosing the grass cow because it looked "easy to raise," she boarded the boat, dreading the upcoming year, or however long this would take, with all her heart.

[spoiler=Starting Pokémon]

Name: Moo

Species: Poamoo

Obtained: A few weeks ago, prior to her getting to Korova proper.

Personality: Moo is a docile bull who is still somehow more ambitious than his owner. Not yet sure what he thinks of her, but willing to follow her instructions anyway.

[spoiler=Team]

[spoiler=Moo]

Species: ♂ Poamoo

Level: 5

Ability: Overgrow

Nature: Docile

Characteristic: Capable of taking hits

Moveset: Tackle, Tail Whip

[spoiler=Other]

• Obsessed with Slowpoke
  • Third time e-sports champion of the game Munchlax's Cookie.
  • Top player ranking for League of Legendaries.

I think this boi might just do the trick.

[spoiler=The BookWurmple]

"I'll come at you with everything I... Oh wow, is that a Drapion?!?"

Name: Jin Aoyama
Hometown: Aquacorde Town, Kalos

Appearance: 
UdAzLQu.png
Height- 5'7"
Weight- 133 pounds

Personality: Jin is a measured young man, though certainly with plenty of social awkwardness to his name. Rather quiet and bookish, Jin tends to get swept up in whatever is going on around him, any objections he may voice not being voiced very loudly, due to his desire to avoid confrontation. He’s ultimately quick to fold to the pressure of his peers, though he’ll be the last to put the pressure on himself. The only time he speaks with authority is when his extensive knowledge on Pokemon is called on. Having spent a lot of his youth studying Pokemon, Jin has a very in-depth knowledge of a wide variety of them, to the point where some of his friends and family back home refer to him as “The Walking Pokedex.”. Jin is voracious in his reading, loving nothing more than learning some obscure fact, or meeting a Pokemon he’s never seen before, though this has caused an issue where he’s read about so many inconsequential aspects of Pokemon that useful information is mixed in with a lot that isn’t realistically useful. Notably this doesn’t stop Jin from thinking that it’s still very interesting. He’s a much better learner of these facts than he is of battle; His meek manner often leads him to hesitate, and that applies to battle as well. He lacks confidence in most things that don’t operate between the pages of a book, and he desperately wants to improve. He’s committed to improving as a Trainer and takes very thorough notes after his battles, though he has to restrain himself from taking them while they’re in progress. He takes battling and his performance in them very seriously, and tries to utilize his Pokemon to the best of their ability, even going out of his way to research what they can do outside of normal attacks.

Biography: Jin grew up in a town as quiet as he was: Aquacorde Town in the Kalos Region. The sleepy little town was beautiful but ultimately uninteresting for those who yearned to learn the ways of Pokemon battling. Jin was one of those, despite his status as a bit of a bookish dork and also being kept inside often due to his ailing health. Jin’s family was wary of him going on a Pokemon journey, but knew that keeping him from owning Pokemon at all was unnecessarily cruel to the boy, given his fascination with them. They procured him a Froakie, and Jin was ecstatic. He started training for battles with Froakie immediately, despite his parent’s worries. Jin proved to have a natural talent for it, winning two battles with his friends with relative ease.
A few days after he had gained his Pokemon, a trainer passed through town, clearly someone who had a few badges to their name. Confident after his few wins, Jin challenged the trainer to a battle. What followed was a swift beatdown, Froakie not even a challenge to the trainer’s Weavile. Depite the battle’s ease, somehow the Trainer and his Pokemon still seemed to be in perfenct synch, enjoying the battle fully. Jin asked the trainer where he had gotten so strong. 
“I trained in the Korova Region,” he replied, giving Jin a thumbs up. “You’ve got a good shot though; Maybe you and Froakie should go there yourself. Just watch out for the wilderness; It’s rough out there even for me. Maybe I’ll see ‘ya there?”
Jin thought about this for several days before he started training with Froakie every day, aiming to increase both his and his Pokemon’s stamina. They two were outside every morning, often not making it home til the sun was heading down for the day, working out beside the clear river. After a few weeks his health was improving, though slowly. He wasn’t short of breath as much anymore, being outside all day didn’t feel like he was being AS tortured. More to the point, he and Froakie had formed a strong bond of friendship. After saying goodbye to his family, promising to return home the second he fell ill, Jin set out for the Korova region.

Starting Pokemon-
Froakie
Gender- Male
Ability- Torrent
Has been with Jin for just over 3 weeks
Froakie is quiet like his trainer, though he lacks Jin’s lack of ability to stand up for himself. Decidedly more sure of himself and confident, Froakie has taken it upon himself to be Jin’s personal guardian angel. He sees Jin’s intelligence and potential, and works hard to live up to that.

Team:

B4OwF2b.png
Froakie
Gender- Male

Ability- Torrent

Moves- Pound, Growl, Bubble

Other:
Jin suffers from a weak respiratory system, and has been most of his life. It's been getting better in recent times but still crops up if he overexerts himself.

He carries a notebook with him at all times that he uses for note-taking. It is small, easily hand-held, and bound in dark green leather. He has three similar notebooks (all different colors) full of jottings on various Pokemon he's seen, the green one specifically being his Battling notebook.

Theme

Battle Theme

Hoping to get the new app accepted by Monday night and so....

Here Comes a New Challenger!

[spoiler=Got a Six-String on His Back...]

tumblr_static_tumblr_mm615usiim1r11qslo1

"Traveling the world, meeting new people...playing for countless people. It's something I've always wanted to do."

x393wz.jpg

Personal Information:

x393wz.jpg

Name: Tyler Allen

Hometown: Sunnyshore City, Sinnoh
x393wz.jpg

FQLqxye.jpg

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 150 lbs

Depicted above is Tyler's general appearance, with him having a guitar bag case slung over his shoulder, which surprisingly also doubles as his backpack.

x393wz.jpg

Tyler is quite the friendly sort of individual, quick with a joke, or to light up your smoke, but all in all, he's just a kind-hearted young man towards both humans and Pokémon. That's pretty much the short version on how Tyler acts, but then again...it's the short version, the side he wants everyone to see. Truthfully, while Tyler is a kind and friendly individual, he is also the type of person who is apprehensive in whether his dream to make it big is a good idea or bad idea. This apprehension can even lead to stage-fright if out on the stage, as this little thought has been drilled into his head by his father. This is a fault he's trying hard to work through, even with Lydia's help, who is pretty much the same way in being shy and humble.

Tyler finds solace in two things: Pokémon battles/contests and playing on his guitar. Then again, there is the third thing, which is the chance to obtain any Electric Type Pokémon. As expected of someone from Sunnyshore City (or usually anyone from any city with an Electric Gym), Tyler has a love for Electric Type Pokémon, both big and small.

If the apprehensive nature and stage-fright is put to the side well enough, as a Coordinator, Tyler gets into it and puts his heart and soul into every performance, trying to both entertain the masses and have fun in the process. In battle, Tyler is always pumped up and raring to go for a round or two.

x393wz.jpg

"Let's take it from the top! 1, 2...1, 2, 3!"

Born in the beach city of Sunnyshore, Tyler Allen had it alright. The most beautiful beach view, the calming sounds of the seas, living in a place that was Electric Pokémon central...it was pretty good. But for Tyler, it lacked stuff he wanted.

Backtracking some, Tyler was born to two different individuals. His mother was a renowned Pokémon Coordinator, putting on a showstopping performance with every single contest she entered, while his father, was more or less a contractor from New Mauville City and was always fixing things at the Power Plant. Two different individuals with different ideals and yet they found love in one another. But Tyler, he was wanting to be a trainer and put his talents out for everyone to see. A musically inclined trainer that could perform in Pokémon Contests and maybe even aim for the Pokémon League, it was something that could definitely work in his mind! Unfortunately, his father preferred for him to stay and actually work a real job rather than chasing a dream.

It was heartbreaking for Tyler, but being the good son, he did what he was told. Nevertheless, he usually found time to just go out and practice chords and songs on his guitar. That's when he met her...Lydia. On one day while being out near the forested area by Sunnyshore, he saw the Ralts coming out and actually dancing in time with his music. Of course, when Tyler stopped playing and acknowledged her, the Ralts would get shy and then go off an hide again. Still, it became a regular thing for him to play there and here to come out to dance. It was normally how their relationship worked out, until one day Tyler actually asked if she wanted to stay with him, in order to hear his music more. Not feeling any ill intent from the young man, of course she agreed. Now Tyler had his own Pokémon...now to find a way out of Sinnoh.

That chance came in the form of his father being called to New Mauville for a matter. He took this opportunity and packed his things, preparing to head to a different region, namely the Korova region he heard such things about. Tyler packed his things and said good-bye to his mother, who from day one approved of her son's dream, and promised to keep in touch. Thus, with guitar and Lydia in tow, Tyler took his first steps into chasing the dream he's always longed for.

x393wz.jpg

Pokémon Information:

x393wz.jpg

tumblr_mz2gxfTVyT1rn4yl3o1_r1_250.gif

Pokemon: Ralts
Appearance: Looks like a normal Ralts
Personality: Lydia is quite a humble and shy Pokémon, and usually tends to stay close to Tyler. However she does enjoy it whenever Tyler plays on his guitar, as it seems to soothe both the emotions of her trainer and herself.
Method of Catching/Length of owning: The two met when Tyler was out just practicing chords and a few songs on his guitar, in Sunnyshore.

x393wz.jpg

[spoiler=Lydia the Ralts]

280.png

Pokémon: Ralts
Level: 5
Ability: Trace
Nature: Modest
Moves:

• Growl
  • Confusion

x393wz.jpg
Miscellaneous Information:

x393wz.jpg

Tyler's Theme (Alternative) | Battle Theme (Alternative)

• Tyler's name means the following: Tyler - Old French as well as Middle English, both referring to the occupational name for a brick layer, Allen - Celtic name meaning, "harmony", "stone", or "noble".
  • His dream, aside from being a Pokémon Trainer/Coordinator, is to amass as many Pokémon as he can to use the talents they have in order to make a band.
  • The guitar he has is nicknamed Roxanne, in reference to two things: 1. Musicians (at least some) tend to name their instruments, normally guitars. 2. The name in itself is a reference to the song by the band "The Police".
  • Lydia, Tyler's Ralts, is nicknamed after a character who was an Empath in the show, "Heroes": Lydia.
  • Tyler Allen is a character that I happened to transpose from a Pokémon Tabletop United (PTU) campaign, where Tyler here was made to be a Spark Master (person with Electric Type powers/an Electric Type user, as well having the ability to Type Sync a Pokémon) Bard, which meant he was a Special Attacker plus also support to the party. While some elements carry over, namely the name, love of being a musician, and love/preference of Electric Types, there are zero Spark Master powers for him...that and his Starter is different than the campaign I played him in.

Couldn't resist making an app.

[spoiler=NEET]

nG33hhA.png

"Being outside is overrated. Why am I here again?"

Name: Belladonna "Belle" Morgane

Hometown: Saffron City

[spoiler=Appearance]

7W8POpq.png

Image made by hishiuma

Height: 5'0"

Weight: 140 lbs

Since she has an appetite but doesn't like to go outside, Belle has gotten a bit chubby for her size.

[spoiler=Personality]

If there were a word for Belle, it'd be "sloth." Lazy, apathetic, and sedentary, she is a hedonist, only caring for indulging her whims, which include eating, sleeping, and surfing the internet. She is the kind of person who will spend hours wrapped up in a blanket watching Slowpoke videos while eating potato chips. Belle prides herself on having eaten every kind of potato chip in the world. She also prides herself on knowing useless facts gained from the internet, such as "Zubat always turn left when exiting a cave," or "Everybody has a unique tongue print."

Belle despises normal outdoor things like bright sunlight and talking to people. She will often shout "The light burns! Make it go away!" when the sun is out, and hiss when people get too close to her. She has absolutely no interest in dealing with people and would prefer to remain an outcast shut-in for the rest of her life, thank you very much. However, she is secretly curious about the world and the people in it, she just wishes she could experience it from her bed.

More intelligent than many give her credit for, she oftentimes doesn't showcase that intelligence except when solving puzzles "because I'm an expert at video games." While she is fine using her abilities when by herself or around family members, she is uncomfortable using them around people she doesn't trust, as she doesn't want to deal with the inevitable hassle of explaining herself and being treated differently from then on.

[spoiler=Biography]

Belle was born to a family of infamous psychics in Saffron City, most notably her older cousin, Sabrina, who was both admired and feared not only for her psychic genius, but for her battling prowess. As a child, Belle was shunned by the other children, fearful that she would become just like her cousin. Partially as a reaction, partially out of laziness, Belle lost any and all desire to hone her psychic powers aside from the bare minimum: telekinesis. With her powers, she could lift a can of soda less than a foot from her and guide it to her mouth, all without moving a limb. This ultimately led to her current condition of hating to move at all, and letting her powers do the work for her. Unfortunately, she cannot move human or even Pokémon-sized objects, as she's discovering to her detriment now that she actually has to walk around herself.

Hurt and angry by how people treated her, Belle vowed to become a shut-in. She sequestered herself away in her room, much to the dismay of her parents, with only books, games, and a computer for company. Eventually, she became addicted to that lifestyle, inadvertently learning about Pokémon along the way as she played video game after video game. She especially became fascinated by Slowpoke after watching a music video on them, and declared them her spirit Pokémon.

When Belle turned sixteen, her parents, fed up, decided to kick her out of the house so that she could become "at least somewhat normal." Lost and confused, she went to her cousin, who took her in for a time. After inadvertently wrecking the Saffron Gym for the tenth time, Sabrina then informed her about this amazing contest going on where all you had to do was sign your name to enter. And the prize was money beyond imagining. Taken in by the idea of having enough money to go back to her old lifestyle, Belle signed the contract, was promptly teleported to a strange port, and dumped there. "You can't back out now," Sabrina cackled as she left, muttering, "Finally, I'll be able to clean up my Gym now. I can't believe she managed to spill acid on the warp tiles. Really, does she not know the difference between bleach and hydrochloric?"

Without any choice in the matter, Belle was forced to accept a Pokémon and start the journey. As an excitable girl nearby chose a fire rabbit, she was left to decide between a grass cow and a water bear. Eventually choosing the grass cow because it looked "easy to raise," she boarded the boat, dreading the upcoming year, or however long this would take, with all her heart.

[spoiler=Starting Pokémon]

Name: Moo

Species: Poamoo

Obtained: A few weeks ago, prior to her getting to Korova proper.

Personality: Moo is a docile bull who is still somehow more ambitious than his owner. Not yet sure what he thinks of her, but willing to follow her instructions anyway.

[spoiler=Team]

[spoiler=Moo]

Species: ♂ Poamoo

Level: 5

Ability: Overgrow

Nature: Docile

Characteristic: Capable of taking hits

Moveset: Tackle, Tail Whip

[spoiler=Other]

• Obsessed with Slowpoke
  • Third time e-sports champion of the game Munchlax's Cookie.
  • Top player ranking for League of Legendaries.

I think this boi might just do the trick.

[spoiler=The BookWurmple]

"I'll come at you with everything I... Oh wow, is that a Drapion?!?"

Name: Jin Aoyama
Hometown: Aquacorde Town, Kalos

Appearance: 
UdAzLQu.png
Height- 5'7"
Weight- 133 pounds

Personality: Jin is a measured young man, though certainly with plenty of social awkwardness to his name. Rather quiet and bookish, Jin tends to get swept up in whatever is going on around him, any objections he may voice not being voiced very loudly, due to his desire to avoid confrontation. He’s ultimately quick to fold to the pressure of his peers, though he’ll be the last to put the pressure on himself. The only time he speaks with authority is when his extensive knowledge on Pokemon is called on. Having spent a lot of his youth studying Pokemon, Jin has a very in-depth knowledge of a wide variety of them, to the point where some of his friends and family back home refer to him as “The Walking Pokedex.”. Jin is voracious in his reading, loving nothing more than learning some obscure fact, or meeting a Pokemon he’s never seen before, though this has caused an issue where he’s read about so many inconsequential aspects of Pokemon that useful information is mixed in with a lot that isn’t realistically useful. Notably this doesn’t stop Jin from thinking that it’s still very interesting. He’s a much better learner of these facts than he is of battle; His meek manner often leads him to hesitate, and that applies to battle as well. He lacks confidence in most things that don’t operate between the pages of a book, and he desperately wants to improve. He’s committed to improving as a Trainer and takes very thorough notes after his battles, though he has to restrain himself from taking them while they’re in progress. He takes battling and his performance in them very seriously, and tries to utilize his Pokemon to the best of their ability, even going out of his way to research what they can do outside of normal attacks.

Biography: Jin grew up in a town as quiet as he was: Aquacorde Town in the Kalos Region. The sleepy little town was beautiful but ultimately uninteresting for those who yearned to learn the ways of Pokemon battling. Jin was one of those, despite his status as a bit of a bookish dork and also being kept inside often due to his ailing health. Jin’s family was wary of him going on a Pokemon journey, but knew that keeping him from owning Pokemon at all was unnecessarily cruel to the boy, given his fascination with them. They procured him a Froakie, and Jin was ecstatic. He started training for battles with Froakie immediately, despite his parent’s worries. Jin proved to have a natural talent for it, winning several battles with his friends with relative ease.
A few weeks after he had gained his Pokemon, a trainer passed through town, clearly someone who had a few badges to their name. Confident after his few wins, Jin challenged the trainer to a battle. What followed was a swift beatdown, Froakie not even a challenge to the trainer’s Weavile. Depite the battle’s ease, somehow the Trainer and his Pokemon still seemed to be in perfenct synch, enjoying the battle fully. Jin asked the trainer where he had gotten so strong. 
“I trained in the Korova Region,” he replied, giving Jin a thumbs up. “You’ve got a good shot though; Maybe you and Froakie should go there yourself. Just watch out for the wilderness; It’s rough out there even for me. Maybe I’ll see ‘ya there?”
Jin thought about this for several days before he started training with Froakie every day, aiming to increase both his and his Pokemon’s stamina. They two were outside every morning, often not making it home til the sun was heading down for the day, working out beside the clear river. After two months Jin’s health had started improving at a good clip. He wasn’t short of breath as much anymore, being outside all day didn’t feel like he was being tortured. More to the point, he and Froakie had formed a strong bond of friendship. After saying goodbye to his family, promising to return home the second he fell ill, Jin set out for the Korova region.

Starting Pokemon-
Froakie
Gender- Male
Ability- Torrent
Has been with Jin for 3 months
Froakie is quiet like his trainer, though he lacks Jin’s lack of ability to stand up for himself. Decidedly more sure of himself and confident, Froakie has taken it upon himself to be Jin’s personal guardian angel. He sees Jin’s intelligence and potential, and works hard to live up to that.

Team:

Other:
Jin suffers from a weak respiratory system, and has been most of his life. It's been getting better in recent times but still crops up if he overexerts himself.

He carries a notebook with him at all times that he uses for note-taking. It is small, easily hand-held, and bound in dark green leather. He has three similar notebooks (all different colors) full of jottings on various Pokemon he's seen, the green one specifically being his Battling notebook.

Here are some thoughts

Tyler: Nothing really stands out here. Which...isn't necessarily a good thing. Not that I need some crazy quirks but I just am not sure that I would want him over the others with what I've got here. It doesn't help that the personality section feels a bit.."jump around" like. As in it doesn't feel super cohesive.

Also would like to know what his mother thinks about all this. As she seems to be a big motivator.

Belle: Unsure if the Sabrina link is necessarily...necessary. Other than that first thought was she was similar to Naomi. Though it's a different team so that might not matter much but would like to see, in your own words, how you think they differ.

Jin: I do like how his awkward and non-confrontational nature seems to really flow together in the entire app. I kind of am a bit worried that he almost feels...not as "amateur/stating trainer" as I'd like though.

Also, Faytl, on a personal note I've noticed your activity has been a bit shaky lately.

That being said I also want to know from all three of you how you think they'd mesh with Ivan and Jacklyn.

[spoiler=Reply]

When I make characters, I like to make them connected to the plot or at least part of the world in some way, to make it feel like they belong. When I saw the picture for Belle, I realized that she actually looked pretty similar to Sabrina, and I decided to capitalize on that. Her having some sort of connection to a canon character just makes it feel like she's more connected to the Pokémon world in general, if you get my meaning. Also it explains why people avoided her, which is what led to her becoming a NEET, and developing in the way she has.

As for what differentiates her from Naomi, I'd say it's pretty obvious. While both are lazy and unmotivated, that's where the similarities end. They are different in every other way, from how they treat people, to how they come across to others. Not to mention, that while Naomi is quick to forgive and forget, Belle is the type to hold a grudge, and keep hold of it throughout her life. After all, the grudge she holds against people is the entire reason she became the way she is today.

[spoiler=Jacklyn]

Not gonna lie, Belle will probably be annoyed by her. Jacklyn is basically her opposite in most ways. Energetic, exuberant, and enterprising, while Belle is lazy, lethargic, and leery of the outdoors. She won't understand why Jacklyn is the way she is, and why she is choosing to embark on what Belle considers a "suicidal venture." She'll probably complain that being around Jacklyn "exhausts her."

However, I'm hoping that, little by little, Jacklyn will be able to open up the wall around Belle's heart, because she's so different. Belle is used to people actively avoiding her, fearing her, and whispering about her behind her back. Jacklyn is the kind of person to grab somebody and drag them to their next adventure, which will confuse Belle mightily, and she will definitely fight against it at first, but as time passes by, she'll stop fighting, and let her own inner adventurer emerge. As you might have seen by her appearance picture, she has pictures of multiple places pinned around her room, as she secretly yearns to learn more about the wider world and the many people in them. In this, she'll be able to relate to Jacklyn, however it will take a while before that side of her comes out.

As for how Belle will change Jacklyn, I feel like the two of them could have a really fun relationship, bickering over the best way to go about this or that, with Belle being the more cautious one who tries to keep Jacklyn in line, and hopefully teach the girl some prudence. They could also bond over being born in big cities.

[spoiler=Ivan]

While Jacklyn is Belle's opposite, Ivan is more her parallel. They both desire freedom to act the way they please, though they go about it in different ways. They also distrust people in general, and have a hard time opening up to others. However, while Ivan secretly desires the approval of his friends and family, Belle does not. Still, he is more similar to her than Jacklyn. Because of this, Belle will relate to Ivan more, which will make her even more confused why he decided to participate in this "suicidal venture."

I feel like, as time goes by, the two of them will have quite a unique bond. Mainly because, even though they've had different experiences, they're similar in essence. However, those experiences shaped them in different ways. The two both were often compared to a family member, and those comparisons caused them a lot of trouble in their life. However, while Ivan might have envied his older brother, Belle never envied Sabrina, and in fact went out of her way to differentiate herself from her. In the end, they found a place where they could feel like they belonged, but while Ivan felt guilty by it, Belle rejoiced in it. So they might find that while they get along or agree on certain things, there will also be many things that they disagree on, and can't understand why the other thinks the way they do. Still, there's no rule saying that people can't be different and still be friends.

Like with Jacklyn, Belle will probably be the one to try and hold Ivan back from some of his rasher actions. However, she will probably agree wholeheartedly with his more selfish actions, and it might be up to Jacklyn to get the two of them to be more outgoing or helpful to strangers. Belle will probably also understand Ivan in a way that Jacklyn won't, and like Jacklyn, she won't judge him for his past, as she knows all too well what it means to want to hide away from the world, and rebel against society's castigation.

[spoiler=The comeback]

Here are some thoughts

1. Tyler: Nothing really stands out here. Which...isn't necessarily a good thing. Not that I need some crazy quirks but I just am not sure that I would want him over the others with what I've got here. It doesn't help that the personality section feels a bit.."jump around" like. As in it doesn't feel super cohesive.

Also would like to know what his mother thinks about all this. As she seems to be a big motivator.

2. That being said I also want to know from all three of you how you think they'd mesh with Ivan and Jacklyn.

1. Understandable. I suspected that this might've been something you probably would've made mention of...just had a hunch on that. While the "nothing standing out" bit is understandable, I figured that shouldn't have been an issue to begin with. After all, these are aspiring trainers chasing after a dream, I didn't think that there needed to be anything grandiose about a trainer that was just now starting his journey. But, I digress.

As for the mother, I pretty much summed up the mother's thoughts about Tyler going out on his journey at the end there. I did that to sort of imply that she had always urged her son to go through with it and chase his dream, which is the only reason she let him go when his father left for New Mauville to work. If more backstory on the relationship was needed, then I definitely would've done it. I just figured that putting too much emphasis on his mother there was a bad thing, since the app was for her son and not her.

2. As for meshing with Jacklyn and Ivan...

[spoiler=Jacklyn]

Aside from really wanting to be friends with her and obviously adoring the fact that she has a region exclusive Pokémon, he'd also inquire to know about life in Unova. As being someone in Sinnoh and someone that hasn't ever left his home region until now, curiosity would spark and he'd love to hear about how life in other regions is. Not only this, but Jacklyn happens to be an adventurer, meaning someone who has definitely pursued this trainer dream to travel and adventure off into new places. Of course he would take the opportunity to learn a thing or two from someone who seems to know what they're doing.

[spoiler=Ivan]

A Team Skull member from Alola, that right there would be reason enough. Still, an actual reason to try and mesh well with Ivan would most likely be the way he conducts himself. Furthermore, Ivan definitely has a sense of freedom around him, something that Tyler wants to actually obtain. The freedom to do what he wants and not be bound to what anyone else wants him to do. The way Tyler sees Ivan, would most likely be the type of trainer he wants to be, short and simple.

Hoping to get the new app accepted by Monday night and so....

Here are some thoughts

Jin: I do like how his awkward and non-confrontational nature seems to really flow together in the entire app. I kind of am a bit worried that he almost feels...not as "amateur/stating trainer" as I'd like though.

Also, Faytl, on a personal note I've noticed your activity has been a bit shaky lately.

That being said I also want to know from all three of you how you think they'd mesh with Ivan and Jacklyn.

[spoiler=Reply]

Fair enough. My intention with his app was to put across that he and his friends were super novice, not even official trainers REALLY since they didn't leave the city on their journey (basically he's been Youngster Joey level that whole time), the length of time he's had Froakie was intended to explain why he's not held back CONSTANTLY by his illness since it's a physical hurdle for him. Also since he's coming in late I thought it might do well to buff the time he's had a Pokemon a bit. But now it's been pointed out he HAS had Froakie a while longer than anybody else has had their starter, and his illness still being a larger hurdle for him to climb could be interesting. I'll trim down the time he's had Froakie.

I think he's likely to strike a firm middle ground between Ivan and Jacklyn. Jacklyn has the enthusiasm and drive that he aspires to, but is too meek to achieve as he is; I think she's going to be a good influence on him, if she's able to deal with how passive he is sometimes (I know that was a bit of a thing in her bio about people who don't take adventuring seriously).

As for Ivan, that gives him an opportunity to grow in terms of his naivete. He's smart but has very little experience with how the world operates. Though Ivan's not a strong trainer yet he's lived a much rougher life than Jin, and can teach him to be more assertive where things outside of Pokemon count. Also Jin is probably just easy-going enough to just let the carting around Jacklyn does happen, while not being assertive enough to try and force Ivan out of his antisocial shell. He's the kind of guy who naturally intimidates Jin but Jacklyn can generally cajole him into following along.

Also, Ivan and Jacklyn in general aren't really SUPER knowledgeable about Pokemon as a whole, which Jin is. He has a skill set they don't really have in that he's the smart guy. Kind of a quiet dork but still able to approach problems and challenges in ways the other two really aren't able to right now. 

As for the activity, yeaaaah, you're not wrong about that. I'm trying to change that at the moment, been a little bogged down with real life stuff happening, but that doesn't really matter. I'm very committed to making this work.

Will take the above into account.

Also, Sethera, unsure if I got it across but I do want to see what you think of what specifically differentiates Belle and Naomi.

And for everyone, another question. Would like to know what you think the reason your character isn't with a group atm. If they somehow weren't in one, if they left, were left, whatever.

Will take the above into account.

And for everyone, another question. Would like to know what you think the reason your character isn't with a group atm. If they somehow weren't in one, if they left, were left, whatever.

A simple thought, really: Tyler got started quite late.

The only reason he wasn't put in a group was because he was a bit late trying to get to where everyone else was meeting. As expected, he's starting a journey, so he's trying to take in the sights and enjoy himself. Best way to describe it for him?

4157b7fda783f59f8b1f3f4ffe12bf17.jpg

[spoiler=Reply]

I think the biggest reason Belle wouldn't be in a group is the most obvious. She's antisocial, so why would she stay in a group any longer than she has to? Most likely, she would have lagged behind the others, and her slow pace was enough for the other two to leave her behind in disgust so that they could actually get to places on time. Either that or they got tired of her complaining and misanthropy.

I could also see her trying to sneak past the dockmaster and pretend she's in a group when she's really not, though, because she can't be bothered to try to form one.

Well, Jin's got his health issues, the climate shift is gonna be a jabroni. I'm thinking he was in a group and powered through the first couple of days but finally it just got to be too much and the others went on without him, leaving him in the area where he meets up with Jacklyn and Ivan. Maybe he's initially just following along with them with the intent to rejoin his old group before realizing he wants to stick around with them, who knows. 

Archived