SIT DOWN AND LISTEN!

NP Sage

TSL, LOCKED THE OTHER BEFORE I GOT A HOLD OF IT.

WE NEED TO FIX THIS NOW! We have mods biting each others heads off,. people who weren't even around commenting on the good old days that they weren't around to see. (Go to last page of general.) Members acting like morons, and general insanity.

We need to do a few things now before thing go absolutely HAYWIRE.

1. All Mods in a chat NOW. They are at war and all that means is at some point they all leave. Look at hackthissite, our future. Mods went to war and a few crashed the entire site. Figure out what the problem is and have them work it out. If all of them can't stand one mod, kick him. One leaving is the lesser of the bad options.

2. New Mods. I don't care if we are functional. We should always be running at 300%. If one of the mods computer crashes, WE ARE funked. the others will leave due to the new workload. If we need 5 SMs we better have AT LEAST 10. We need more regular mods. The SMs should have to deal with the big issues, not the fact that some idiot can't spell. (PEOPLE, FIREFOX! GET IT!) I still remember when Frunk AWGR, and I and a few other people who cared hunted Danilus down to keep the site from falling into chaos.

3. Fix Reps ASAP. Look at mine. I've been here awhile, yet I'm at 11. Why? Because I don't care. It's not the fact that I'm a horrible member, I just don't throw myself into the spotlight. I've done a whole lot of sheet for this site, but so much of it is behind the scenes. I can't count the number of times I've taken sheet because of my rep count. I've been ignored for it trust me.

4. Take suggestions serisly. How long did it take us to get a debate thread? How long did card trade have to cause headaches before it was locked? How about a reopening? How about a multimedia forum? All of these thing have been brought up, yet for the most part ignored. I don't know why. The only reason we have a debate is because of flooding. I can't and won't do that.

5. YCM. The man himself. Dude post what's happening. Let us get to know you. ANSWER YOUR FRIKEN PMS! FOR CHRISTS SAKE IT WON"T KILL YOU TO ANSWER A FEW, AT LEAST LET US KNOW YOUR LISTENING!

RANT TO CONTINUE I'M TOO PISSED TO CARRY ON INTELLEGENTLY.

Hey, guys, I'm about to sign off for the night, which means I won't be online, which is no different from what would happen if my computer crashed. Guess we're all doomed.

Guest JoshIcy

its called the internet, and this is a forum... its has its good and bad days, but as yankeefan0X told me on msn... the golden days of ycm is over...

enjoy the forum until you decide to leave :/...

though a multimedia section/category would be nice, "sanji the perverse" brought it up a couple of times....

Hey' date=' guys, I'm about to sign off for the night, which means I won't be online, which is no different from what would happen if my computer crashed. Guess we're all doomed.

[/quote']

It's smartass comments like these that irritate me the most. Yes there is a time for sarcasm, not now.

You know exactly what I meant. If a mod goes MIA, we are screwed.

Several mods have been MIA for months at a time in the past. The site's code doesn't seem to have degenerated into TrueBASIC during that time period.

You make it sound like some sort of emergency crisis is at hand, as if the site were on the verge of collapse.

Also, the examples you gave for listening to the users' suggestions don't exactly help your case; the Debate forum died within three days.

You need to calm down. This rant comes out of no where and makes very little sense.

First of all; a few of the members who happen to be mods were debating for a little while. The debate is now over and I believe all parties successfully got their points across.

Secondly; "the last page of General" is hardly an accurate representation of "the good ol' days of YCM".

Third; the average age of members of this site is not very high. General insanity is to be expected.

Fourth; the mods do not need to "be in a chat" as we have the Moderator's Forum. If anybody has any real problems with anyone else, they'd be posted there. A chat is, also, impossible anyway as it would be impossible for all the mods to be online at once due to time zone differences. I doubt any of the mods of this site possess the will or knowledge to crash the site, let alone want to do it, myself included.

Fifth; the Grammar War was hardly the most devastating war in the history of YCM. Sartorism easily takes the cake.

Sixth; nobody "hunted down Danilus" to get him to come back and fix the forums. I added him to MSN the night I left on October 20, 2007, and we talked for a while. He came back for a few days, in which time he shut down Card Trade while performing a few other normal moderating activities. YOU had nothing to do with it.

Seventh; the discussion of new additions to the mod team is ongoing in the Mod's Forum.

Eighth; I highly doubt you've ever been severely "attacked" for having a low rep count. If you want it to be higher, then you better just "throw yourself into the spotlight", as there is no alternative.

Ninth; the debate forum isn't even being used. It was never requested that Card Trade be "shut down" before Danilus did it (members just wanted it "fixed"), and it should not be reopend because there are other places in which you can conduct such trading (eBay, etc.), this site does not need the extra headache of having to deal with Card Trade again.

Tenth; Why do you need a multimedia forum on a Yu-Gi-Oh site? We have a General section AND a Polls section (which is hardly used for just polls), use them. You want your own little area to discuss it? Make your own forum.

Eleventh; YCMaker's activity has shot through the roof recently. His 48 most recent posts have been made within the 30 days, and considering he's only made 331 of them, that's a lot. What are you PMing him about that's so urgent? Is it a name change? Is it a far-fetched idea?

TSL' date=' LOCKED THE OTHER BEFORE I GOT A HOLD OF IT.

WE NEED TO FIX THIS NOW! We have mods biting each others heads off,. people who weren't even around commenting on the good old days that they weren't around to see. (Go to last page of general.) Members acting like morons, and general insanity.

We need to do a few things now before thing go absolutely HAYWIRE.

1. All Mods in a chat NOW. They are at war and all that means is at some point they all leave. Look at hackthissite, our future. Mods went to war and a few crashed the entire site. Figure out what the problem is and have them work it out. If all of them can't stand one mod, kick him. One leaving is the lesser of the bad options.

[b'] Agreed. Thought mods aren't really fighting, they are not all on the same side which should really happen. We cant have mods on 2 deffrient sides, but i'm sure they are fixing it.[/b]

2. New Mods. I don't care if we are functional. We should always be running at 300%. If one of the mods computer crashes, WE ARE f***ed. the others will leave due to the new workload. If we need 5 SMs we better have AT LEAST 10. We need more regular mods. The SMs should have to deal with the big issues, not the fact that some idiot can't spell. (PEOPLE, FIREFOX! GET IT!) I still remember when Frunk AWGR, and I and a few other people who cared hunted Danilus down to keep the site from falling into chaos.

I am on a deffrient time zone then many of you, bieng in the middle east and a lot of times not many mods are on, hardly any and that isn't good. Also we dont really need a new mod, we have enought for each section. What we really need is a new Super Moderater.

The site is taking a lot of bashing and mod dont have full powers to stop the threat. Ty and YCMaker wont be on always and i dont want to wait till Ty leaves so we get a new Super Moderater. We need one and we need him right now.

3. Fix Reps ASAP. Look at mine. I've been here awhile, yet I'm at 11. Why? Because I don't care. It's not the fact that I'm a horrible member, I just don't throw myself into the spotlight. I've done a whole lot of s*** for this site, but so much of it is behind the scenes. I can't count the number of times I've taken s*** because of my rep count. I've been ignored for it trust me.

Reps dont matter, but a good way is to put limit to people using them, i mean not every member deserves to give reps. some might have a high post count but not mature enought to use them.

4. Take suggestions serisly. How long did it take us to get a debate thread? How long did card trade have to cause headaches before it was locked? How about a reopening? How about a multimedia forum? All of these thing have been brought up, yet for the most part ignored. I don't know why. The only reason we have a debate is because of flooding. I can't and won't do that.

Agreed. we need suggestions to be taken seriously and even if they are refused we must know. We cant keep asking for something if it already has gotten a no from YCMaker and we didn't know about it

5. YCM. The man himself. Dude post what's happening. Let us get to know you. ANSWER YOUR FRIKEN PMS! FOR CHRISTS SAKE IT WON"T KILL YOU TO ANSWER A FEW, AT LEAST LET US KNOW YOUR LISTENING!

Now i will be honest, YCMaker has to be active more active. I dont care if he has a life, post at least ONCE a say, let us know you care and that you are really taking care of the site. You may care but you dont show it to us.

You have a busy life? then why did you make this site in the first place when you know it will be so famous you alone cant handle it. yes you cant, get a Super Moderater or an Admin to help you run the site.

Also he does read my pm's and even reply's. just post and let us know you care

RANT TO CONTINUE I'M TOO PISSED TO CARRY ON INTELLEGENTLY.

Leave the Mods be. They have their own personal agendas to fit, let alone dealing with this forum. They're mods for a reason, so they would not be mods if they didn't fit the moderator standards. Besides, there's enough people backseating and being reckless against spam and double posting. In fact, having different time zones could even be good. Their hours here should spread more. And if they can't act on a certain area, they can always try to put some order.

About suggestions, yeah. Some might be taken seriously. I support the multimedia thingy not because I'd use it that much, but it would help on a bit of organization, and the General forum would be left for more "general" stuff. As for the debates, I guess I agree with Frunk. It's not really used, and what it's ussed is apparently more for opinions than for stuff you actually want to debate. Barely any of the debates have lasted over a single page. Some polls on the poll section work better as debates. But because it's there, the debate section is mostly being used for some real-life issues that are debatable enough in real life, but that they're not quite good on a forum based on a trading card maker. In fact, this thread is most likely to be on the debate section itself.

And, being himself the admin, I bet YCM receives enough PMs to be willing to answer all of them. It's good enough from him to change a newbie's nick because the newbie forgot to capitalize it. And I'm not sure if he knew it would be this famous. A forum I joined 3 years ago is now 6 years old, and reached it's golden age a year ago (and has about 50 active members, at much). He might even go away if he wish to, but because he's the creator, he should be attached to it. That he made the debate section, quite useless, should be proof enough that he's listening. And he added those synchro cards too (and I'd tell you that the coding should not have been that easy to figure out in the first place).

No, don't reopen the damn card trading section. There's real life and internet for that. You can't trade "Points" for real cards either, because, you know, points are so intangible, and you get more for posting, so what's the point? And if it's cash, just goto some more safe trading forum.

Btw, NP Sage, why do you want the reps to be fixed if you don't care?

Fix Reps ASAP. Look at mine. I've been here awhile, yet I'm at 11. Why? Because I don't care.

If you mean you don't care because you don't want to rise them, but you do care at people that cares about it, that's fine. But seriously, those who take the reputation seriously when taking in mind a member or not are absurd. Reps come and go (and go is easier). Just let them be. Reputation system is more of an achievement measure. Win contests, do awesome stuff, make people like you, and it rises. Someone can be the worst member to talk with, but if he wins tons of contest, he might also have the highest reputation. Not because of that you're meant to praise him. In fact, this is written on the rules of the forum:

Conclusion

In conclusion, you should remember that the reputation system does not determine how good a member is. You shouldn't judge a person by their reputation count because it does not make them any better of a member.

Btw, whinnying is against the rules too :P

To the author of this post:

I have been making the same argument consistently now for at least 6 weeks and you have seen where that's gotten. I have contacted YCMaker numerous times about the subject, even calling him out in the boards numerous times about his lack of administrative responsibilities.

To the moderators and super moderators, 90% of you are the sorriest lot of moderators I have ever seen across any board site. I have travelled message boards for 12 years now and never in my life have I ever seen such poor moderation of a message board. I understand the need and desire to want to include yourselves in the discussions and while that is acceptable, belittling and degrading is not.

To the members, I am sorry that you have to deal with such shotty moderation and administration. There are countless other sites that all revolve around anime, yugioh, pokemon, etc. that have 300 times the skill in moderation and administration. Where problems don't arise and arguments don't ensue like they do because the moderating team wouldn't let it happen.

YCMaker, I will once again personally make my offer to you. I have cleaned up 14 different forums in the 8 years I have moderated or administrated forums. Give me 1 week and I'll have the place cleaned back up and your members happy as clams. A review of your moderators will be conducted, many will lose mod-ship and a new era of moderators will come into place based off of professionalism, adherance to rules and regulations, and remaining mods input and recommendations.

This is the only way we are going to fix the forums before they go completely under.

A complete revamp of the site and a complete cleaning of all uneccesary posts and threads.

Well, it looks like YCMaker has been listening to it.

The new thread to become a mod.

I suggest if you want to make a difference, apply.

And no, the problems won't be fixed overnight. JesusofChaos, I think if YCMaker hired on 2, maybe 3 mods to handle JUST cleaning up the site, we can have it perfect in...4 days time...3 if we're really dedicated.

Heres the only problems YCMaker is having right now:

1) housekeeping. Threads that are open that don't need to be open anymore. Threads that have been closed and need to be deleted.

2) Membership. Members that have not been active in over 90 days need to be deleted (period).

3) Out with the old, in with the new. YCMaker needs to do a massive layoff of his moderators and super moderators. I'm not saying all of them need to go, but about 80% do. If they have too busy a life to keep their duties here, then they need to pass the torch off on someone else. He should know who the good mods are and who the bad ones are, fire the bad, keep the remaining for their input on who should become a mod and hire that person on (should they agree).

4) Maintenance. The moderators need to be sure they are reading each post (or as many as they can get to) and ensure members are abiding by the rules and regulations set out by YCMaker himself. Moderators cannot be running around more interested in increasing their point and post count than actually maintaining their jobs.

Example) I almost never see Frunk post. He's always busy keeping his section of the site in tip-top shape. That's how a moderator needs to be. ESPECIALLY a super moderator. Seen but not heard.

Those are the changes that need to be made as I see it.

I'm sorry MOM but how dare you insult the Moderators here. Sorry lot? Excuse me? These are some of the best Moderators I have seen on any Forum.

Dj Osiris: A Very Friendly Moderator who has surprisingly kept his cool even when put under extreme pressure. He has rebuilt the Custom Card Section from the Ground up as well.

browarod: Only recently appointed a Mod but the amount of Custom Card Topics he has locked up is amazing! I often sit down with him on YIM to help find the Spammy Posts.

Crab Helmet: Sure I don't know him that much but his love of the TCG is breathtaking plus the face he explains in detail about why he decides to lock a thread.

The Slime Lord: Watches over the General Section like a hawk. Very professional and a Very Friendly Mod.

Sanji The Perverse: Sure most people don't like the way he has become too strict on the GFX Section, But I think it's for the best.

Tkill: Wonder how your Reps disapear? Then look to this guy! If it wasn't for him you would still have "Spammy Neg Reps"

Frunk: To be honest I have hardly seen you but you have been referred to as the "Great Frunk" To me Via PM a few times and you seem pretty Nice.

So don't you dare say the Mods are a "Sorry lot" I have the utmost respect for them. If they weren't here YCM would be a lot more unfriendly. PEACE OUT!

To the author of this post:

I have been making the same argument consistently now for at least 6 weeks and you have seen where that's gotten. I have contacted YCMaker numerous times about the subject' date=' even calling him out in the boards numerous times about his lack of administrative responsibilities.

[/quote']

As you should have figured out by now, YCMaker does not take the bait often when he is "called out." He has no need to defend himself from random accusations that either have no merit, or no backing.

To the moderators and super moderators' date=' 90% of you are the sorriest lot of moderators I have ever seen across any board site. I have travelled message boards for 12 years now and never in my life have I ever seen such poor moderation of a message board. I understand the need and desire to want to include yourselves in the discussions and while that is acceptable, belittling and degrading is not.

[/quote']

Perhaps you just don't read the correct threads. In the sections I moderate, I hesitate to lock threads unless they are blatantly breaking the rules. If I think the person has tried really hard and just missed one thing, I will often just tell them what they missed and leave it open for them to continue to receive criticism. Dj does the same thing. And, at the same time, I usually comment on the cards themselves and give suggestions to make them better. Belittling and degrading? I think not.

Furthermore, the mods here are doing a great job. Most spam threads get taken care of within a day, and all inappropriate threads have been taken down within a couple hours if not within minutes. Just because you've "been around the block" when it comes to moderating/administrating, doesn't mean you can come in here, tell us we're all crap and sucking at our jobs, and demand to be given a position of power so you can "fix" the situation. YCMaker appointed all the mods for specific reasons, and I trust that they were good reasons, and I haven't seen anything to change my mind.

To the members' date=' I am sorry that you have to deal with such shotty moderation and administration. There are countless other sites that all revolve around anime, yugioh, pokemon, etc. that have 300 times the skill in moderation and administration. Where problems don't arise and arguments don't ensue like they do because the moderating team wouldn't let it happen.

[/quote']

If you think this site sucks so much in terms of administration and moderation, then why are you still here? Why don't you go offer your services to one of those countless other sites where I'm sure they'd welcome your 300 times better than us skills.

YCMaker' date=' I will once again personally make my offer to you. I have cleaned up 14 different forums in the 8 years I have moderated or administrated forums. Give me 1 week and I'll have the place cleaned back up and your members happy as clams. A review of your moderators will be conducted, many will lose mod-ship and a new era of moderators will come into place based off of professionalism, adherance to rules and regulations, and remaining mods input and recommendations.

[/quote']

So, you want to completely unravel everything YCMaker has set up? And you think that will make the site better? Obviously, the current mods are who YCMaker thinks are the best for each section. Do you really doubt his skill that much that you think you could find these supremely better mods that you want amongst the people that haven't been chosen by YCMaker? If you say no, your point is invalid. If you say yes, then you disagree with the foundation of this site and it's admin, which makes me wonder why you would want to stay here.

This is the only way we are going to fix the forums before they go completely under.

A complete revamp of the site and a complete cleaning of all uneccesary posts and threads.

And what makes you think that would do any good? The forum is working fine right now, just with a few bumps. How do you know revamping it wouldn't make everyone leave? Just because you have so-called "experience" with modding and admining on other forums doesn't mean you could handle it here. Every forum is different and requires a different way of handling things.

Now, this has turned into a rant, and I apologize, but my argument remains the same.

Well' date=' it looks like YCMaker has been listening to it.

The new thread to become a mod.

I suggest if you want to make a difference, apply.

And no, the problems won't be fixed overnight. JesusofChaos, I think if YCMaker hired on 2, maybe 3 mods to handle JUST cleaning up the site, we can have it perfect in...4 days time...3 if we're really dedicated.

Heres the only problems YCMaker is having right now:

1) housekeeping. Threads that are open that don't need to be open anymore. Threads that have been closed and need to be deleted.

2) Membership. Members that have not been active in over 90 days need to be deleted (period).

3) Out with the old, in with the new. YCMaker needs to do a massive layoff of his moderators and super moderators. I'm not saying all of them need to go, but about 80% do. If they have too busy a life to keep their duties here, then they need to pass the torch off on someone else. He should know who the good mods are and who the bad ones are, fire the bad, keep the remaining for their input on who should become a mod and hire that person on (should they agree).

4) Maintenance. The moderators need to be sure they are reading each post (or as many as they can get to) and ensure members are abiding by the rules and regulations set out by YCMaker himself. Moderators cannot be running around more interested in increasing their point and post count than actually maintaining their jobs.

Example) I almost never see Frunk post. He's always busy keeping his section of the site in tip-top shape. That's how a moderator needs to be. ESPECIALLY a super moderator. Seen but not heard.

Those are the changes that need to be made as I see it.

[/quote']

you are saying that everytime a thread serves it's purpose it should be deleted right?

Hell no it shouldn't. Do you know how much will it affect the post count. When guests enter and see a mod with only 6 posts they wont join. Also what if we wanted to check old posts for fun or for something important?

We need to clean up the sections alright but not be deleting. Mabye a graveyard section or something like that.

This entire topic is ipsedixitism, and proves that no matter how little reasoning you have, typing in all caps will get you noticed.

I have travelled message boards for 12 years now and never in my life

I just want to say that this message is funny. Think about it.

Don't use mods as scapegoats please. These arguments are boring. Don't say "if they just listened to us..." either, statistics mean nothing to the individual. A mod's job is merely to regulate, not examine people with a magnifying glass. If you think things are bad here, there's a good chance this is the only forum you've been on. I've seen quite a lot in my time, and you're lucky trolls aren't posting disturbing pictures of god knows what or abusing everyone and everything.

Unless this site has been visited by the FBI, Macromedia, Microsoft, etc. this place is heaven compared to some places. This forum won't go under in this current state. It would take quite a bit of trolling, and I haven't seen that.

The site has already gone under. You've got quite a few members looking for other forum sites because of poor management. Yes, this site offers a lot of things that other sites don't, but due to poor management it just gives members another opportunity to abuse what was given to them (IE the rep system and the points system).

Stop trying to defend what you don't understand. Moderators are here to keep good order and discipline. They are to maintain the site as far as threads and answering questions, not to harass, belittle, and demean its members. Moderators are seen and rarely heard. You know a good moderator when you see their actions more than you see their posts (IE DJ Osiris, TKill, and Frunk to name a few).

I've moderated at 3 different sites, and I know for a fact that in order to keep a site in tip-top shape you are working on it so much you don't have time to post but 1 or 2 messages. Usually the Admin goes into your account and modifies your post count for you to keep you looking active.

You can tell which moderators do their job and which ones don't based off the maintenance of their sections. And for the one who neg rep'd me on neg repping the admin, he IS in charge of maintenance of the site. Just because he isnt the one doing the dirty work doesn't mean he isn't responsible for his moderators and super moderators. Just the fact that you don't know that ALONE proves how much this site has sank.

The site has already gone under. You've got quite a few members looking for other forum sites because of poor management. Yes' date=' this site offers a lot of things that other sites don't, but due to poor management it just gives members another opportunity to abuse what was given to them (IE the rep system and the points system).

Stop trying to defend what you don't understand. Moderators are here to keep good order and discipline. They are to maintain the site as far as threads and answering questions, not to harass, belittle, and demean its members. Moderators are seen and rarely heard. You know a good moderator when you see their actions more than you see their posts (IE DJ Osiris, TKill, and Frunk to name a few).

I've moderated at 3 different sites, and I know for a fact that in order to keep a site in tip-top shape you are working on it so much you don't have time to post but 1 or 2 messages. Usually the Admin goes into your account and modifies your post count for you to keep you looking active.

You can tell which moderators do their job and which ones don't based off the maintenance of their sections. And for the one who neg rep'd me on neg repping the admin, he IS in charge of maintenance of the site. Just because he isnt the one doing the dirty work doesn't mean he isn't responsible for his moderators and super moderators. Just the fact that you don't know that ALONE proves how much this site has sank.

[/quote']

I'm confused. Are you supporting them, or going against them?

I'm supporting the good mods that I have seen. I am not going to start judging all mods because I don't visit all sections, but you can definitely tell who the good ones are.

Frunk is an awesome super moderator. He does exactly what he needs to be doing, MODERATING HIS SECTION. He rarely posts unless it is for the benefit of the members in answering their questions or updating them on what's going on.

DJ Osiris is a terrific mod. He is quick to inform a member if they are mis-informed and if they are violating, or close to violating, the rules and does it diplomatically and respectfully.

TKill, I never see this mod posting but I am sure he does (I rarely visit any sections modded by him). I know he's doing his job though because of how tight everything is that I know is run by him.

The rest of the moderators that I have seen have been more members than moderators. More worried about post count than their sections.

Thankfully, YCMaker has opened up another mod application thread, so hopefully he'll be replacing some mods here in the next few days in order to turn this place around.

You have to understand this is an online site, not your regular day life. People wont always be active and people go and leave and sometimes mod may not do their job properly but so far all mods are doing a fine job and YCMaker is currently looking for mods which makes us believe he is trying to improve the site.

The site will never be perfect due to the average age range but while we are on we might enjoy. Now if you think the mods aren't doing a good job then your wrong.

Salty: he is doing an awesome job by helping people and managing the TCG Section.

Sanji: The GFX section was always neglected but after he took control the place is twice as active and moderated as it was before he was there.

Slime: every time i see a spam topic i find it locked. this shows that when he isn't posting he is at least locking the useless threads.

And I am not knocking the moderators you listed, I just have never come across them in those sections. The only mods I am complaining about are the ones who are not doing their jobs. I think we all know who they are so I am not going to start name dropping (because all this will turn into is 1 huge argument that should be locked).

Maybe saying MOST of the mods aren't doing there jobs was incorrect. I will say in the sections that I visit regularly, I have noticed certain moderators not accomplishing their duties as moderators.

Yes, I am well aware of the age range limitations, however, that just means the administration needs to be tighter about their moderators. Each forum site has threads that only moderators and administrators can view. The administrators should be informing the global moderators (or super moderators) what needs to be done. The super/global mods should be passing word down to the moderators. That's why there is that 'chain of command'. The super mods overlook the moderators, and, if at any time the moderators are not accomplishing their duties, the super mods should have the authority to fire the moderators and hire on new ones. The administrators over look the super/global mods and the site. If everything is flowing smoothly, the administrator has more time to worry about the cosmetics of the site. If its not, then the administration gets on the super moderators backs (because they obviously aren't doing their jobs policing the moderators).

So even with the age restriction problem, there are over..what was it, 72,000 members. I'm sure at least a few of them would like the shot at being a moderator, and might even be pretty d*** good at it too.

but out of the 72,000 we only have like what? 12000 max. who used the forums. 3000 members became active and made above 100 posts but the fact remain that we need lots of mods because we always get new members and we already have many members who are always active.

Mods are doing a good job but unfortunately they are so less that when they are off the board goes into a state of confusion even if there was only 1 spam thread so we dont need more mods who's powers are limited but Super Mods who have more power just in case the mod in charge wasn't present or was busy with another thread, discussion or using the internet for something else.

luckily YCMaker is taking more care of the board then what he did long time ago and i believe that YCM was close to failing but is now raising again and is becoming more active then ever and many old members are returning and new members good or bad are joining which again is a reason why we need some new mods and we need them now.

A problem we have is YCMaker is tight on security checks and always wants to be informed of problems so he makes care of them thorwing the concept of "Chain of Command" out of the window. what we need is 2 more Super Mods so we have a total of 4 active Super Mods. who should be given the freedom of hiring new mods, firing old mods to make sure everything runs smoothly because we never know when YCMaker might have an accident and might not be able to check the board when it's the time we need a new mod or another forum war even larger then Grammar Nazi war takes place.

Also i would like to say that my posts are getting rather long nowdays and it's scaring me actually, then again i might be becoming a mini frunk (with 0 powers of course) or more likely a mini static.

Archived