Ezar, The Demon of Speed

aussj4link

Right off the bat, this card is overpowered. However, I am aiming for this card be be one of those rare types you see foil and limited. If it's not too much, suggest a nerf that will balance him out and let me know what you guys think. I think this would be great in a fiend deck.

xol40QU.jpg

Ezar, The Demon of Speed

Level 6

Dark
Fiend / Effect

ATK 2100 / DEF 1400

You can special summon this card when you take battle damage while controlling no spells or traps. Once per turn, you can discard one card to have this card attack twice during the same Battle Phase. If the card discarded by this effect is a Fiend type monster, any effect of monsters who are destroyed by this card are negated. 

This would be an interesting boss for a DM or GX era deck.

Double attacker with quick Special Summon clause that negates the effects of what it destroys? That's pretty good, although the stats are not the best.

For nowadays, I think it could get away with something like 2800 DEF (for when you drop it during the opponent's turn) and 2400 to 2600 ATK (although then its Level would be too low for the stats.

Or maybe have it so that it's Summon works "while there are no cards in your Spell & Trap Zones" instead, which would allow a Field Spell to be on your side and boost it (usually to 2600 ATK if we are talking about those "gains 500 ATK" spells like Orichalcos or Mystic Plasma Zone).

The drop in attack power is to compensate for it's effect being a level 6, however for it's effect, I believe 2100 is still sufficient to take most non tribute monsters in the game. The reason it's a level 6 is so that the player has multiple options when bringing him out. There's barely 1 tribute monsters with 2600 attack in the real game and they have no effect. When I make these cards I'm trying to make them feasible in a real game so the nerfs have to make sense. Here I was thinking this card is already overpowered and the one reply I get is saying it needs more power lol

The drop in attack power is to compensate for it's effect being a level 6, however for it's effect, I believe 2100 is still sufficient to take most non tribute monsters in the game. The reason it's a level 6 is so that the player has multiple options when bringing him out. There's barely 1 tribute monsters with 2600 attack in the real game and they have no effect. When I make these cards I'm trying to make them feasible in a real game so the nerfs have to make sense. Here I was thinking this card is already overpowered and the one reply I get is saying it needs more power lol

Lol I get that, when one thinks an idea it overpowered and comments say it could be turned up a notch.

As something that can beat low Level monsters, it does its job, and it is indeed alright, though just saying it does have space to go up in power if you were to want it to xD

So many times in modern days I've seen people get a Gorz dropped on them (2700 ATK + a Token that might be rounding the 3000 as well) which ends up leaving as quickly as it went in. It's kind of scary at times.

True, that's actually why I stopped running Gorz. That and the fact that too many times I had things on my field stopping his summoning. I really like this idea because my favorite card back in the day was Dark Ruler Ha Des. Back then, everyone used flip effects and sent from field to GY effects. So when I busted him out, I almost always got a lot of groans. Pile Jinzo on it and more than a few occasions, I had people calling the duel right there. This card is meant to sort of be a tribute to Dark Ruler with an easy summon condition along with the potential to not only attack twice but also negate effects. 

Archived